Star Wars One-Shots

By MagicGoldenFlower

Basically a place to put all of my random thoughts about Star Wars. Includes short stories and I'm willing to... More

Intro
A New Face
Young Luke
Smooth Delivery
Alternative Reality
Homebound
Senses
Bad Padawan
I'm Here
Haunting Memories
Old Friend
Modern AU
You Were My Brother
Stolen Kisses (Obitine)
Rebels
Beach Day
Busy Trips Usually End With Sleeping Tots
Star Gazing At Loved Ones
My Fault
Bad Omen
It Will Pass In Time
Padawan Crossing
Losing Faith In Himself
White Lily (Obitine)
Spectre-6 Is Stagnant
Trust in the Force
Meeting Spectre-7 (S7S)
Baby Duty (S7S)
Toddler Tossing (S7S)
Our Lineage
He never misses (Bad Batch)
The Cost of Loyalty (Bad Batch) (Pt1)
Rescuing the Unexpected (Bad Batch) (Pt2)
Bad Batch Halloween
The Mother He Deserves
And I Miss You Like a Little Kid
Luck of the Draw (crosshair x reader)
luck of the draw 2
Luck of the draw 3
I Live to Make You Free
Not Something That Has To Be Earned

Leaving

316 7 0
By MagicGoldenFlower

So I got the idea for this from the comics, lol. It's based on the idea at the end of the Obi-Wan and Anakin series soooo I hope you enjoy it.

Anakin turns off his blue lightsaber, slightly panting. He pinches his eyes shut, trying to calm his mind. He has so many things to worry about that he can't keep them quiet. What he's gone through and what lies ahead for him. He isn't sure how to process it all.

Obi-Wan watches from above, softly tugging at his beard. He can sense the confusion and sense of loss in Anakin. He's been feeling it for the past few days. He had hoped their last mission would answer Anakin's recent question, but it seems to have only made it worse.

Anakin stands up, his eyes meeting his master's. "I'm done."

"Done with practice?" Obi-Wan asks, resting his hands on the railing. "Or done with searching for your answer?"

Anakin holds out his lightsaber, trying to keep his face as stern as possible. "I'm done with the Jedi Order. For now."

Obi-Wan jumps down, landing softly in front of Anakin. Slowly, he walks over to him, his sense of calmness making Anakin uneasy. Though he's used to his master being silent in thought, this is almost unbearable. He wants Obi-Wan to scream and shout. He wants him to scold him for leaving this behind. He wants him to do anything to end this silence.

"Very well," Obi-Wan says with a soft nod. He takes the lightsaber from Anakin's hands and secures it on his hip. "I'll need to go inform the Council. Then it'll be official."

"Do I have to come with you, Master?" Anakin asks, stepping forward.

"No. I will go alone. Your presence is unnecessary." He answers, beginning to walk away. Anakin quickly follows after him. It's basically become a muscle memory for him to follow Obi-Wan.

"Good." Anakin sighs in relief. "I'm not sure I could handle their looks of disappointment."

The rest of the walk there is silent. Anakin can't help but worry about how Obi-Wan is so calm. Honestly, this is probably the most peaceful Obi-Wan has been since he took on the task of training Anakin.

They pause outside the door, Obi-Wan gently touching Anakin's shoulder. "Wait outside the doors for me. I'll need to talk with you about what will happen and how everything will work from now on."

"Yes, Master." Anakin nods. Obi-Wan gives him a soft smile before entering the room. Once the doors close, Anakin leans against them. Though he's tried for years, he presses his ear against the crack. He needs to know what they're saying about him.

Are they mad at Anakin for leaving? He knows that they took a risk letting Obi-Wan train him at his age. Maybe they're talking about how terrible he was at being a Jedi and they're rejoicing that he's finally leaving them.

He lets out a huff, rolling his eyes. Mace Windu is probably jumping for joy right now. He's probably telling Obi-Wan how great this is for him and that he can finally take on a newer and better padawan.

A pang of sadness hits Anakin, making him frown. He looks around, realizing how alone he is now. He will no longer have his master with him. Obi-Wan will stay here, training someone to become a Jedi. Someone new will take his place at his master's side. Will Obi-Wan forget about Anakin or like the new padawan better?

He crosses his arms, worried about his master. Are they angry at Obi-Wan for his choice to leave the Order? He presses his hands against the door, wishing he could be in there. He can't stand the idea of them blaming Obi-Wan for his decision. He needs to be in there to stand up for him.

They're probably scolding him for being a terrible master, which couldn't be farther from the truth. Obi-Wan is a great teacher and he needs Anakin in there to defend him. They're probably telling him how disappointed they are in him when really they should be disappointed in Anakin.

Just in time, the doors open. Anakin jumps back, his eyes scanning his master's face. "Did they yell at you? Because you don't deserve it, Master. You've been a great teacher and they just want someone to blame. I'll go and tell them how great you are. I'll go and—"

"Slow down, Anakin," Obi-Wan says, gently touching his padawan's shoulders. "It's alright, they weren't mad at me. Everything is just fine."

Anakin gently smiles, his shoulders relaxing. "Sorry. I was worried that they were giving you a hard time. I didn't want you to take the heat for my decision to leave."

"Well, thank you for your concern." He smiles, starting to walk. Anakin walks beside his master, a sense of sadness growing in his heart. Will this be the last time he sees Obi-Wan? Will this be their last memory together?

They grow closer and closer to the exit of the Temple and Anakin grows more anxious. He really didn't think much through. He knows he wants to go back to Tatooine and see his mother, but he has no idea how he's going to get there. He also has no idea what he's going to do in the time that he's away from the Jedi Order.

"Master, I—"

"Hush. We're almost there." Obi-Wan replies, his eyes locked forward.

Anakin furrows his eyebrows in confusion. Why must they be quiet in the Temple? Everyone here is their friend. There's no secret between them, besides the new one about Anakin leaving.

The bright sun hits Anakin's eyes and Obi-Wan leads him around the side of the building. It's cool in the shade and there's no one around. The silence would be peaceful if he hadn't just been shushed. Something's not right and Anakin can feel it.

"Master, what's wrong?" Anakin whispers.

Obi-Wan talks a deep breath then slowly lets it all out. "We've been through a lot together, Anakin. In fact, we've been together since you first set foot in the Temple."

"That was an interesting time." Anakin softly chuckles. Obi-Wan joins in for a bit, then his face drops again.

"I'm sure you've heard the rumors, about you being the Chosen One." He says, his eyes locking on the horizon in the distance. Sadness or maybe nostalgia washes over his face. "Qui-Gon believed it. I had never seen him so sure about anything. He was willing to do anything to make sure that you were trained in the Jedi arts."

"I know. A lot of people risked a lot for me." Anakin frowns, dropping his head. He feels so guilty for letting them down. Especially Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

But Obi-Wan doesn't take his eyes off the distance. "I make a promise to Qui-Gon while we were on Naboo. He was dying in my arms and he made me promise that I would make sure that you were trained."

This catches Anakin's attention. He has never been told about this promise. He was only told about Obi-Wan's duel with Darth Maul, nothing about Qui-Gon besides his death.

"I intend to keep his promise." Obi-Wan declares.

Anakin's heart begins to race, the realization dawning on him. He slowly shakes his head, the shock setting in.

"I've left the Jedi Order," Obi-Wan says, his eyes locking with Anakin's.

"No." Anakin frowns, reaching out to Obi-Wan. "Master, I'm not worth it. Please, go back and tell them you've changed your mind. You've done so much to get onto the Council and you're such a great Jedi. You can't leave just for me."

"I'm going to keep my promise with Qui-Gon. You will be trained, whether that means through the Order or not." He insists, his stern voice making Anakin angry.

"I'm going to go back and tell Master Yoda that you've made a mistake. I'm not something for you to give everything up for. You can't just throw it all away for me." He says, narrowing his eyes at him.

"Master Yoda and I talked about this before we left for our last mission," Obi-Wan says, keeping his voice calm. "He and I both agreed that this was the choice I was to make if you were to chose to leave the Order. Going to Master Yoda will do you no help."

"You must see the mistake you're making, master. You can do so much with the Council and the future of the Jedi Order. Following me will only lead you down some dead end. I don't even know what I am going to do once I leave this planet." Anakin scoffs. Why was Obi-Wan following him? He is just some boy from Tatooine, some kid that was lucky enough to escape slavery. Someone great like Obi-Wan shouldn't be tasked for the rest of their lives to be with him.

"I don't believe you for one second," Obi-Wan replies, shaking his head with a soft smile. "I've known you for a long time, Anakin. I know the first place you plan to travel to."

"Where?" Anakin asks, arching his eyebrow. He's been debating with himself about where to go. Sure, he's had a couple of ideas, but he's never officially decided. He's thought about his mother or maybe somewhere that's full of lush green plants. He's even thought about visiting Naboo and seeing Padmé again.

Obi-Wan chuckles, beginning to walk back into the light. "Tatooine. I know how often your thoughts drift to your mother. It will be the first place we travel to." 

"You know?" Anakin asks, following Obi-Wan towards their ship.

"Of course. You've never been very good at hiding it." He says as they enter. Obi-Wan takes the pilot's position with Anakin taking his seat in the co-pilot seat. Though he is more skilled at flying, he chooses not to argue with his master about it today. After all, he did just leave everything he trained his whole life for just for Anakin.

"Master, are we--"

"Obi-Wan." He corrects as he starts the ship. "There's no need for us to take titles anymore unless it makes you feel uncomfortable."

"I've never felt uncomfortable around you." Anakin quickly replies, looking at him. 

"Nor have I." Obi-Wan smiles, looking back at him.

Anakin chuckles, ruffling his hair. "Anyways, Obi-Wan, I was wondering if we were going to free my mother? Just like Qui-Gon did for me?"

"I can't make you any promises, but that's what I intend on doing when we get to Tatooine. I'm not quite as skilled as Qui-Gon, but I'll do my best to set her free." He says, going back to flying.

"Thank you, Obi-Wan." Anakin grins, feeling like a load has been lifted from his shoulders. His heart flutters at the idea of seeing her again. It's been years since he was taken from his home planet, and although he swore he would never return, he's excited to go back.

"Don't thank me quite yet. First, we have to get there. Then we must find her and then set her free." Obi-Wan lists off as they pull away from Coruscant.

"Nothing two ex-Jedi can't handle." Anakin teases, slightly elbowing Obi-Wan.

"One ex-Jedi and one ex-padawan. Don't rank yourself that high yet." He playfully smirks back, making Anakin roll his eyes.

"When we return, I will become a Jedi." He insists. He looks out at the stars, the planet now far behind them. "I just need to find myself first." He mumbles to himself as they launch into hyperspace.

~~~~~~~~~~

Wanted to post a quick update before I leave for Spring Break. Super excited to go to Galaxy's Edge so I thought a Star Wars update would be perfect!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 156 34
I wrote these on my own and kind of thought why not? X reader Pronouns used: she/her I don't necessarily write smut, but if you want it then I shal...
924K 14.4K 71
The title is self explanatory but I'll be taking requests for imagines/one shots/ preferences for any character from the prequels, sequels, SW the cl...
512K 8.6K 93
Some Imagines/One-Shots for some of Star Wars' best characters from all eras. • Prequels • Clone Wars • Original Trilogy • Rebels • The Mandalorian...
848 16 10
A fan fiction that was meant to be one shots but I got too invested with my first chapter and now it's a integrate story. The clone wars are draggin...