True Heir

By euphoria_nina

So, apparently the richest man in the state is now close friends with me, a diner girl. And apparently his be... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 43: II
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Reminder to Rude Readers

Chapter 33

71.2K 1.8K 77
By euphoria_nina

Chapter 33

I heard glass breaking making me groan loudly.

"That's it!" I announced annoyed.

"Nina, you have to chill." Jake said as he tried to calm me down.

"He has been drinking all day and it's almost 1AM." I said as I stormed out of the kitchen and up the stairs, Jake trailing behind me.

Yes, it's almost 1AM and Jake and I were in the kitchen instead of the bed. Why? That's because my brother has been blasting either the stereo or the TV and we couldn't get him to shut up no matter what.

I bursted into Jace's room. There were empty bottles of beer on the ground and some empty bags of chips.

"Jason Aiden." I growled glaring at him.

"It slipped! Sorry." he immediately defended his self.

So far, after Jake and I finished our "bonding" time I have done nothing but scold Jace over and over again.

"You are so damn stupid. Not to mention that you're acting like a teenager right now."

"I know—"

"No." I interrupted. "No, you don't know. Why can't you just admit it."

"Admit what, Nina? There's nothing to admit." He said stumbling off his bed and grabbing another beer from his mini fridge.

"Enough, Jace!" I said frustrated as I got the beer out of his hand before he could open it.

"Nina!" He complained.

"Admit it. You like Jade and you can't bear the thought of losing her."

"I don't like Jade." he countered. "She's been my best girl friend for years..."

"If you didn't, then why the hell are you drinking so much cause of your fight, huh? Admit it Jace, or so help me, I will smash this bottle on your head right now." I threatened, slightly holding the bottle up.

He sighed and stumbled back to his bed. "She's one of my best friends, Nina."

"You have feelings for her and by the looks of things, she has feelings for you too."

His head snapped up to me. "No she doesn't."

I rolled my eyes. "She told you to stay away from a slut, and from what I understood, she never payed attention to the girls you date till now. She likes you Jace."

He sighed and dropped his head. He was quiet for a minute and I looked at Jake who was leaning on the doorframe his arms crossed.

He half smiled and shrugged. I gave him a half smile as well and rolled my eyes turning back to Jace who was still quiet.

"Nina, I just can't..." he said trailing off grabbing the beer that was still in my hand.

I groaned frustrated. I turned to Jake and walked to him. "Your turn." I announced.

He chuckled lightly and kissed my forehead. "I'll handle him."

I smiled thankfully. "Love you."

"Love you too." he said and pecked my lips.

We heard Jace groan in the background. "Stop."

"Oh, shut up and get yourself together, or so help me I will literally knock some sense into you using that damn bottle your holding!" I snapped tired of his mood.

Jake looked at me, his eybriw a raised and an amused smile on his face. "Remind me never to get you angry."

I groaned and dropped my head tiredly making him release a breath of amusement.

"I'll see you later. Get some rest." he said kissing my head and lightly pushing me out.

"Good luck." I said leaving.

"Alright, buddy. Let's do this." I heard him say before I went in my room and collapsed on my bed. It was already 1:30 AM.

I'm gonna kill him. I promised, before falling a sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I woke up at 5:00AM awhile ago to finish the paperwork I brought home that was due today at 7:30.

I originally planned to do them last night after my bonding time with Jake, but my childish brother had to become depressed and decided to be a drunk teenager so I couldn't concentrate on the papers.

I asked Mike to give them to Sebastian at the office and to tell him I wasn't coming to work because I wasn't feeling  well from the lack of sleep and stress.

Jake didn't sleep in my room, I guess he fell asleep in Jace's room and I was pretty sure he got drunk as well.

I was already showered and dressed up into an oversized shirt and shorts. I took a nap awhile ago which decreased the headache I had after finishing the paperwork, together with Aspirin I feel better now, but still drained.

Right now it was 12:53, I was in the living room watching a rerun of Friends. It's old, but hey, I love the show.

I had my feet propped up the coffee table as I drank a smoothie I made a while ago.

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and as I looked to my right, Jake came in.

He flopped down beside me and buried his face in the crook of my neck as he hugged my waist, groaning.

I put my hand up to his head and patted it lightly. "Hungover?"

He nodded, then groaned. Knew it.

"Aspirin?"

He nodded again.

"Scrambled eggs and bacon?"

He nodded.

"Hmm, pineapple juice?"

"Love you." he said hoarsely.

I chuckled lightly as he let go of me. "Love you too, babe."

I went over to one of the cabinets in the kitchen and got the emergency kit, I grabbed the bottle of Aspirin setting it on the counter knowing that Jace will also need it later.

I got a piece and poured some water in a glass and headed back to the living room.

Jake was lying on his back on the couch, his arm covering his eyes.

I noticed that he muted the TV and put my phone on the coffee table since it was beside me on the couch awhile ago.

"Babe." I said shaking him lightly waking him up.

He groaned but opened his eyes and sat up. I handed him the pill and water and then I went to close the curtains knowing that the sunlight hurt his eyes.

"How much did you drink?"

"The fuck if I know." he groaned.

"Cranky, aren't we?"

"Love you."  He apologized.

I smiled and shook my head as I exited the living room and went in the kitchen. I took out some eggs and bacon and started cooking them.

I got the first batch done and I turned the stove off to get Jake.

"Babe." I said shaking him gently. "Come on, food's ready."

He groaned and sat up rubbing his eyes.

I kissed the top of his head. "Come on, you big baby."

He grabbed my hand and I helped him up. "Well, since I'm a baby now, you have to take care of me."

I scoffed. "Not happening."

He sat on the stool and I went to cook another batch of eggs and bacon.

He took a bite as I started cooking. "Have you eaten?"

I nodded. "Yeah, ate while you were still asleep."

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and Jace came in. His eyes were bloodshot and his hair was a mess.

He sat down beside Jake groaning and buried his head in his arms on the counter.

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed the bottle of Aspirin and dropped it in front of him...loudly.

Jake looked at me surprised as Jace jumped and groaned.

"Nina." he complained.

"Just drink so you'll feel better, so that I can kill you." I said and continued cooking.

He got a pill and grabbed Jake's juice. He drank it finishing the juice and giving it back to Jake, then groaned and put his head back in his arms.

"Thanks." Jake said sarcastically raising his now empty glass.

"Shut up." Jace said.

Jake rolled his eyes and stood up and went to the fridge to refill his juice.

I finished cooking and placed the food on a plate and on the island.

"Here. Clean up when you're done." I said as I grabbed my phone and went out of the kitchen.

I called Jade as I got to my room. She answered on the third ring.

"I know what you're gonna say, Nina."

"I know what happened Jade, he told me. I know you like him." I said bluntly.

"W-what?" She stuttered. "I don't like him, he's your best friend-I mean he's my best friend and your brother-" she said in a rush and I cut her off.

"Jade please, from the amount of time I've seen you and my brother together, I know what I see."

She sighed. "He's my best friend, Nina."

"That's also what he said, but seriously. You guys have feelings for each other, just admit it."

I heard someone call her name in the background.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a sec. Thank you." She replied to the person.

"Nina, I have to go. I'll talk to you later. Bye."

The line clicked dead.

I groaned and put my phone down. These two are so damn hard to talk to.

~*~

Three days later and they still weren't talking. Jace has been moody and I'm getting really sick of it.

Jake and I had a flight for Milan tomorrow and we came up with a plan to get them to talk again.

Jake told me that he wanted to sleep over mine so we could just leave together to the airport the next day, so he had packed his bags and asked Jace to come and hang out with him while I pack. I also asked Jade to come and help me pack.

Right now Jake and Jace were in the game room doing who knows what and Jade was helping me pick out clothes.

"I'm hungry." I complained.

"Me too." she agreed.

"Let's make Jake get us food." I said heading to the door.

"Good idea. Make him useful."

I chuckled as we went down and to the game room.

"Jake!" I called coming inside signaling him that Jade was here.

"Come on let's get food." I said as we came into the room.

"Okay, love." he said and hurriedly went to my side.

"I thought-" Jade said but stopped when she saw Jace there.

She then turned and glared at me. "Nina. Don't you dare."

"You need to talk."

"There is nothing to talk about. I'm leaving." Jace said as he started to storm out but Jake closed and blocked the door and I stood in front of him.

"Look, I've had enough. You guys are so immature." I said frustrated. "Once Jake and I leave, you better not, because I am not that immature to actually lock you in a room. You better talk this out and when you leave this room, you better be in good terms already. Because I swear to God, I will never talk to either of you again."

"Come on, Nina. I'm your brother. You have to talk to me."

"Oh yeah? Try me." I said seriously looking him straight in the eye.

I turned and grabbed Jake's hand and he opened the door letting me out first before closing it behind him.

"Relax." he said hugging me from behind. "Let them fix it."

I sighed and nodded. "Seriously though, I'm hungry. Let's drive thru Starbucks before I continue packing."

He chuckled and kissed the side of my head. "My treat."

I turned in his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Love you."

He chuckled and pecked me on the lips. "You only love me cause I'm treating you Starbucks."

Out of nowhere the things that Anthony said came flooding in.

I got out of his arms and pulled him to the stairs. "Fine. I'll treat."

"I was kidding, love. Come on, I said it first." he said letting go of my hand and putting his arm around my shoulder.

I smiled at him and let him pull me out the house to his car. I couldn't let him know that Anthony was still bothering me.

~*~

"This is the last of it." I said putting the last pieces of clothing into my suitcase and zipping it up.

"Good. Cause I want dinner." Jake said grabbing my suitcase and pulling it next to his.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "We just had Starbucks like, forty-five minutes ago." I said plopping down on my bed.

"Yeah, but I only got an iced mocha while you got cake."

"Sucks to be you then." I said smirking at him.

"Come on, please?" He said pouting.

"No."

"Come on, Nina. I'll help you cook." he promised.

"Hey, here's an idea. Why don't you go and cook by yourself?"

"Cause it's boring. Plus, I love your cooking." he said smiling showing his dimples.

I rolled my eyes and groaned. "You're lucky I love you."

He smiled triumphantly. "Love you too."

~*~

"Whoa, oh oh oh oh oh
No we're not going home tonight
Waiting up for the stars to shine
And we'll do it, and we'll do it, and we'll do it again." Jake and I sang along as he twirled me around causing me to giggle.

Yeah, it might be childish for our age to sing along to the Vamps, but hey, I like some their songs.

"Wake up in the morning
With the sunlight in my eyes,
No, my head don't feel so bright,
What the hell happened last night?
Yeah, last night think we were dancing,
Singing all our favourite songs.
Think I might have kissed someone.
And if tomorrow never comes
We had last night." We sang and Jake kissed my cheek causing me to chuckle as he went back to mixing the gravy.

"The chicken's almost done." I said.

"Well, the gravy's done and so is the mashed potato." he said putting the gravy in a bowl and the mashed potato on a plate.

"Let's shut this party down,
And pull the building to the ground,
Yeah, girl let's live it up,
One night is all we got.

Let's dance until we die,
Nobody's going home tonight,
This kiss could be our last,
Come on and raise your glass." Jake sang as he grabbed me and we started dancing.

I chuckled as we danced to the song as I put the chicken on a plate turning off the stove.

Jake grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. "Whoa, oh oh oh oh oh
No we're not going home tonight
Waiting up for the stars to shine
And we'll do it, and we'll do it, and we'll do it again."

There was chuckling and Jake and I turned to see Jace and Jade watching us amused.

"Please don't tell me this is how you cook when you're together." Jace teased.

I was about to answer, but I looked down at their intertwined hands. "Oh my God. Are you finally together?"

They both looked at me sheepishly.

"Well, not officially. But this jerk finally had the guts to ask me out." Jade said.

"You finally asked her out?"

Jace nodded.

"Great job, bro." Jake said as they fist bumped.

"Finally!" I announced.

I then clapped my hands together. "Well, I'm happy that you're finally in good terms. Now get out. You're still not forgiven for your immaturity, plus, dinner's only good for two people."

They both looked at me guiltily as Jake chuckled.

"Now, shoo. Get out pests." I said making a shooing motion with my hand.

Jake chuckled harder and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Sorry guys, can't help you there."

Jace rolled his eyes as Jade just chuckled lightly and shook her head.

"Okay, we're leaving." Jace said pulling Jade with him.

"Don't think you both don't owe me!" I called after them.

"Me too, Jace!" Jake added.

"Whatever!" He replied as the door shut.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

My life By Angel

Teen Fiction

669 18 21
I'm 15 and this is My Life. Crazy and Unexpected things happen but I try my best to deal with them. It's kind of a diary type of story but also just...
189 6 24
I'm so doomed... How am i supposed to live with a very annoying human being. He is going to drive me crazy! If I have to count how many times I've sa...
125K 4.8K 34
My luck with a guy has been sucks for a while. My friend told me that maybe I need to try a new way. I always take everything seriously in relationsh...
133 6 16
My best friend is getting married. I am not a girl, but a 22 year old gay Man. My best friend is a girl. She is one year older then me but hey, I don...