Hero's Dagger

By AnimeFan0930

Y/N was a just a normal guy who loved to play video games and watch anime every now and then. Y/N was good at... More

Information
Prologue
Chapter 1: The New World
Chapter 2: Begining Of The Adventure
Chapter 3: Bearing It's Fangs
Chapter 4: Not As They Seem
Chapter 5: Rumble In The Quarry
Chapter 6: Preparations For The First Wave
Chapter 7: Before The Wave
Chapter 8: The First Wave
Chapter 9: After The Wave
Chapter 10: Evil's Truth
Chapter 11: Cutting Down The Spear
Chapter 12: To The Lake
Chapter 13: Battle On The Water
Chapter 14: Seeing The Truth
Chapter 16: Pride
Chapter 17: Tribe Of The Plains
Chapter 18: Becoming A Man
Chapter 19: The Final Steps
Chapter 20: The Fox
Chapter 21: Greed
Chapter 22: The Return
Chapter 23: Crystal Guardian
Chapter 24: Second Wave
Chapter 25: New Enemy
Chapter 26: Back On The Road
Chapter 27: Sloth
Chapter 28: Night Of The Living Dead
Chapter 29: The Lich King
Chapter 30: Snake In The Grass (18+)
Chapter 31: Lust

Chapter 15: The Lion

7.3K 166 95
By AnimeFan0930

Forest

Once making it to the the village of Leascanor Y/N was informed of why the village hadn't received any help and what exactly was going on. The mayor had explained to Y/N what the lion looked like and some very interesting facts about the creature. The lion was bigger than most and it had golden eyes also the lion apparently had an impenetrable hide and claws strong enough to cut through steel. It wasn't a lot of information but it was enough for Y/N to get an idea of what he was about to fight.

The mayor gave Y/N the last known location of the lion. The mayor described an old barn that lion had made its den. Y/N knew that it wasn't going to be an easy fight anything could happen.
_____________________________________

To say that I wasn't worried would be a lie this lion didn't sound like a normal lion. If my dagger couldn't penetrate the hide of the lion what would I be able to do. I'm not Hercules I don't have godlike strength to choke the lion out. My guess was that I was going to have to wing it. Not my best my plan but I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I had taken the path the mayor told me would lead me to the barn where the lion was at.

I looked around at all of the trees and saw large claw marks in them. They were the lion's claws was it marking it's territory. The trees weren't the only thing with marks in them rocks had also been scratched. I used my treant dagger to try something. I was going to see how many damaged trees there were and what area where they in. Quickly I noticed that the clawed trees formed a large circle. In the center of that circle was the old barn. This lion had marked it's territory and formed a hunting ground.

I just learned something smart about this lion. It was a smart lion and it probably knew that I was here already. Which was not good for me at all. The sun had begun to set and it was going to get dark very fast. I gathered up some wood for a fire and found a spot by a tree were I would have perfect sight in case that lion decided to try and kill me at night.

Small Time Skip

It was late now I managed to make a fire and keep it going for some time. I wasn't going to be able to sleep at all tonight not with the possibility of a lion eating me. I kept my dagger in my hand as I watched the flames and kept my ears open for any strange sounds. To my suprise I heard nothing there wasn't any wind, no crickets or any nocturnal animals. Dead silence was all I heard throughout the forest.

I was on edge through the whole night it got even worse when I heard noises. I could hear a low growl in the distance. Whatever it was it began to circle around the area of my campsite. That's when they appeared in the dark two golden circles. I knew right away that it was the lion it focused it's eyes on me. It looked as though it was sizing me up trying to see if I was strong or weak and afraid. If I showed any signs of weakness the lion may come out the bushes and try to kill me.

I was beginning to get worried which wasn't good so I stabbed myself in the leg. I took the dagger out of my leg and pointed it at the golden eyes. "Either kill me now or you will die another day" I said through my teeth. The eyes dissapeared meaning that the lion must of left. As it left I heard a sound that was like laughter was the lion laughing at me. That couldn't of been it lions can't laugh.

When I couldn't feel the lion's presence around me I decided that it was safe to go to sleep. I close my eyes but made sure that I would be able to react if the lion came back. I was not going to take any chances at this point.

Time Skip

Old Barn

The sun had finally risen and I woke up to find that I wasn't dead and the lion had not showed back up at all. I decided that I wasn't going to waist any more time out here. I immediately went back to the trail and headed straight for the barn. It didn't take me long to find it right away I was hit with the smell of death. As I walked up to the barn I saw the skeletal remains of animals littered throughout the grass.

On the posts of the old and rotten fence were the skulls of ox, bears, wolves, rams and many more animals. Those must of been it's trophies this lion was more human like then I had originally thought. I pushed open the large old withered red barn door. Nats and flies were all in my face when I did that. I swung at them got them out of my face.

Inside of the barn were even more skeletal remains everywhere. They were hung up and spread all around the barn. I could see the skulls of humans hanging from posts. Those must of been the villagers who had died from trying to kill the lion. On the floor in the center of the barn was a large half eaten carcase. I couldn't exactly tell what type of animal it was the head was gone as was the other limbs.

"That is just gross" I said to myself looking at the intestines that had been torn to shreds. Before I could do anything else there was a loud roar outside. I immediately took out my dagger and looked around for where the lion would come from. Before I knew it the lion busted through the walls and pounced on me. I swung my dagger trying to cut it but nothing happened. The lion dug it's claws into my body and was about to bite my head off.

Before it could do that I switched to my flame dagger and shot a fireball into it's mouth. The lion got off me and rolled around in pain from the burns in it's mouth. I got up slowly and coughed up some blood I noticed the holes in my shoulders. "That is not going to come out" I said to myself looking at my torn jacket covered in blood.

The lion got up and looked at me with an angry scowl on its face. I got low and kept my arms out I kept my eyes on the lion watching it's every move. "Well your one of the biggest cats I've ever seen, should of brought the catnip" I said. The lion growled when I said that "angry aren't ya?" I asked. With that the lion went to pounce on me again but this time I dodged and threw my daggers at it.

Just like what the mayor had said no weapon could pierce it's hide. My daggers just bounced off of its body. "Damn" I though the lion looked at me and made a face like it was grinning. Before my dagger appeared back in my hand the lion pounced on me once again. This time it bit my arm when I tried to struggle to get free the lion lifted me up with it's claws and threw me through the doors of the barn.

When body hit those doors it shattered into pieces. Large splinters where stuck inside my back. My body also went crashing through the fence. There was a lot of dust created by all of that. I pulled the large splinters out of my back and got up. I noticed that my knee had been dislocated causing me a lot of pain. Before the lion came out I quickly bit on to the sleeve of my jacket and popped my knee back into place. I let out a loud shreek from the pain.

I began to feel something weird going on with myself I hadn't noticed it at first but for someone all of my attacks were doing nothing. Every time I hit the lion it only got stronger what was going on. The lion came out of the barn and let out a loud roar that shook the ground. I soon realised something that might just help me win this fight. I equipped my stone dagger "if cutting you won't do anything I might as well smash your skull in" I said.

The lion charged at me gaining speed quickly before it reached me it lunged into the air. I stepped to the side making the lion miss and before it could react I made my dagger bigger and I smashed it on the lion's head. The beast staggered for a bit the regained it's balance. There was blood in it's mouth but it wasn't mine. The lion noticed this and snarled at me in anger "awe did I hurt the big kitty?" I asked sarcastically.

The lion growled when I said that and charged at me again. I did the same thing like last time I dodged the attack and bashed the lion on the skull. It staggered again and spit up more blood. I tried to do it one more time but the lion managed to dodge the attack and swipe at my chest. There were three long cuts on my chest from that attack. I touched it then felt a stinging pain. The lion charged at me trying to catch me off guard but this time I slid down under it then bashed it in the ribs.

I may of not had the strength of Hercules to kill this lion but I think I had the next best thing. Before the lion could move after I bashed it in the ribs I made stone cover the paws of the lion. It tried to struggle to break the stone and get free. "Sorry but that's not going to work" I told the lion it looked at me and roared. Next I made two large hands of rock and made the grab the lion by the neck. I did the motion of chocking with my hands making the rock hands grab the lion by neck and choke it out.

It took a little bit longer the I expected but finally I made broke the lion's neck killing it. I made the rock hands disappear and the stone holding the lion's paws return back to the ground. I walked over to it's body and kicked it a few times to make sure it was dead. When I saw the body twitch I immediately began to smash it's body with my stone dagger like it was a club.

"Double tap" I said as I tried to regain my breath. "Man was that a workout" I said to myself. I looked at the body of the dead lion and man was it huge it was the largest lion I had ever seen. I grabbed it by the mane the dropped it. I had an idea of what I could do that might help the villagers and myself. I grabbed my knife and before my blade I touched it's skin. I then pulled it back remembering what happened with Hercules. I grabbed it's paw and made a claw come out "there's more then one way to skin a cat" I said.

Before I began to skin the Lion it's body began to glow brightly. I jumped back away from the body and readied myself for anything. I heard a loud laughing coming from somewhere. I looked around and didn't see anything. The body of the lion began to float in the air. "You haven't won yet fool, this was merely a vessel but now that I have acquired enough blood from both the animals and heroes I can be free, thanks to your blood and you killing my vessel I can be free once again" a voice said.

Suddenly the lion dissapeared and from the bright light stepped something even more monsterous. It had long horns on it's head, four golden eyes, human like hands with sharp claws on them and it stood up on two legs.

"I am the demon sin of pride hero and today you will be the next one to die by my claws" the lion said. "Oh fuck me" I said to myself as I readied my dagger.

A/N: CLIFFHANGER!!! Sorry everyone I'm sure you want to see more but do not worry the next chapter will have everything and more for you. That is the sin of pride will Y/N win and live to see another day or will he die like the rest who've faced this monster before it was in it's true form all of that and more will be revealed next Sunday. I would like to say happy Easter to all of you readers and hope that you all are having fun and are okay during this stupid COVID "crisis". I am doing well and I'm okay not sick thankfully I will continuing posting chapters for you readers to enjoy. Let me know what you think about the story so far the feedback really helps me. Now I am always answering any questions you readers may have about the story or anything else in general. If there is a question that you want answered either message me or comment on a chapter with your question. I will do my best to answer your question to the best of my ability. As usual the feedback helps me make sure that the next chapter is better than the last one. As always thank you for reading and I will see you all later bye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 5.3K 18
Y/N, a teenage boy visiting Japan in the summer, he comes across a book in a shop that will change his life forever. Something magical happened and i...
53.1K 1.3K 25
{Greetings I am System and I am here to show you the story of Y/n L/n or as we've designated him The Gamer.With that said do enjoy.} [This story has...
14.3K 453 19
All (Y/N) (L/N)'s life she has hidden in her own sister's shadow. Or what you thought was the limelight of your life. You were wrong. When the tides...
19.7K 303 18
(Y/n) is at the bottom of the barrel as he can't get a job, not even a part-time job as he barely graduated high school with all his credits. All he...