Hero's Dagger

By AnimeFan0930

Y/N was a just a normal guy who loved to play video games and watch anime every now and then. Y/N was good at... More

Information
Prologue
Chapter 1: The New World
Chapter 2: Begining Of The Adventure
Chapter 3: Bearing It's Fangs
Chapter 5: Rumble In The Quarry
Chapter 6: Preparations For The First Wave
Chapter 7: Before The Wave
Chapter 8: The First Wave
Chapter 9: After The Wave
Chapter 10: Evil's Truth
Chapter 11: Cutting Down The Spear
Chapter 12: To The Lake
Chapter 13: Battle On The Water
Chapter 14: Seeing The Truth
Chapter 15: The Lion
Chapter 16: Pride
Chapter 17: Tribe Of The Plains
Chapter 18: Becoming A Man
Chapter 19: The Final Steps
Chapter 20: The Fox
Chapter 21: Greed
Chapter 22: The Return
Chapter 23: Crystal Guardian
Chapter 24: Second Wave
Chapter 25: New Enemy
Chapter 26: Back On The Road
Chapter 27: Sloth
Chapter 28: Night Of The Living Dead
Chapter 29: The Lich King
Chapter 30: Snake In The Grass (18+)
Chapter 31: Lust

Chapter 4: Not As They Seem

12.6K 250 175
By AnimeFan0930

Ever since that day the day this world showed it's true colors and bared it's fangs I haven't been the same. Seeing them crucify Naofumi like that then to come after me was the nail in the coffin. I though coming to this world I'd be a hero and save people. Now they whisper when they see me walking in the streets, they avoid me like the plague some even throw things at me. That is no way for a hero to be treated. However I can't say I have it worse Naofumi is seen as a monster I hear he can't get anyone to join his party and hides around throwing monster balloons at people who come after.

When I heard that Naofumi was acting like he was a criminal deserving of his reputation I was upset. I told him that I was there for him when and if he needed me. With me I can't be in the city really anymore word got out that I "threatened" to kill the king shops won't sell to me and I can't a room at any inn or meals at the taverns. So mostly I've been camping out in the woods getting stronger and stronger.

I haven't gotten any new daggers yet I've been mostly working on upgrading my skills and stats. To be honest with you it kind of sucks working alone my attack and speed are great but my defense is really lacking a few hits and I'm almost dead makes me wish Naofumi and I could team up or I could get a mage on my team.

Crawling Forest

I'm nowhere near the kingdom anymore I've gone out to this forest that no one goes to. It is called the crawling forest but locals nearby give it the nickname the living woods that was all the information I could get out of them before the tried to get away from me. So far I haven't ran into any monsters in the forest. Or any animals as a matter of fact it's weird and quiet too quiet.

I had been walking for some time now and I was getting tired. I felt that it was safe enough for me to take a quick nap in the shade. My superior hearing would alert me to anyone or anything that would come near me. So with that I found the perfect tree to rest on. I stretched, sat down, laid back against the tree and closed my eyes. For a minute there I thought I was going to actually get some sleep.

Suddenly the tree began to shake wildly and made a weird sound. I jumped up and backed away slowly. The ground began to vibrate as well. That's when it happened the tree began to move. Roots from the ground came up and they wrapped themselves around the tree forming a large monster.

It was some type of treant that had been sleeping as well and I woke it up. I tried to back away slowly as to not provoke it and cause an unnecessary fight. It looked at me roared and slammed it's arm into my stomach. The blow from the attack sent me crashing into another tree. All of a sudden that tree began to shake and another treant appeared. When the treant started to walk towards me it gave off a loud roar as did the other treant.

The ground began to shake and more treants appeared I guess I found out why this place was nicknamed the living woods. With no other choice I readied my dagger I formed another one for my other hand. I needed as many daggers as possible to fight off all of these treants.

They all roared and charged at me all at once. With that I did my best to attack each and everyone of them and avoided being attacked at all sides by them. It was working I was managing to cut them down. I had managed to cut one's arm off when I saw I root appear and reattach the limb. "This is going nowhere" I said to myself before being punched by a treant. I looked at one of my skills I unlocked it was called "dagger storm" I clicked on it to learn more.

Dagger storm would have me spin around and shoot out an array of daggers all over. The stronger the skill got the more daggers got shot out, the longer it would last and the stronger the attack got. With no real option I couldn't find the treants cores to finish them for good and I wasn't going to start a forest fire to finish them off. I clicked on the dagger storm skill and I jumped behind the treants.

They all turned to face me they gathered around in a large circle and began to box me in. All of a sudden my dagger storm skill went off and daggers began to shoot out everywhere impaling the treants. Somehow I was lucky and the daggers hit their cores killing them. When all the treants were dead my dagger storm deactivated. I looked at all of their bodies "I tried to play nice" I said.

I went over to one of the dead treant bodies I grabbed one of its roots and cut a piece off. I thought that maybe if I have my dagger absorb it maybe I'd get a new one and some new skills. So far I hadn't gotten anything new from the animals and monsters I'd had my dagger absorb before. With that I put the piece of root on the crystal gem on the guard of my dagger and it absorbed it.

A message popped up in front of me it read "new material absorbed, treant series unlocked, new abilities unlocked, new magics unlocked". I decided to see what the new dagger looked like so I clicked on it. My dagger glowed as it changed form when the light died down my new dagger appeared. My new dagger's handle looked like the roots of a tree twisting on to a long curves blade

I swung it around a bit and discovered that I could create tree roots that could come up from the ground. I also found out I could control the trees around me. It was pretty fricking sweet I had a new dagger with me. Now all I needed to do was get out of this forest before another see another piece of nature tries to kill me. I took some parts from the treants thinking that I could sell the parts for some silver.

Time Skip

After successfully surviving an onslaught of treants and managing to gain access to a new dagger and abilities I decided to get out of the crawling forest before something else tried to kill me. So far my trek out of the woods has been okay haven't ran into any more monsters knock on wood. Not really though because I don't want to accidentally wake something up again.

Now with a new sense of caution with each step I was almost out of the forest. While I was walking I was checking out some of the abilities I had unlocked after absorbing the treant root. I could control trees, create tree roots and trees while also being able to cover myself in a petrified wood armor.

I came across a clear path out of the forest the only thing standing in my way was a tiny little rose. Now I know what your thinking how could a be afraid of a little rose. I sat on good sized tree and turns out it was a very lager treat. Now imagine what happens if I go near that rose and it's actually a monster wonder how big it would be to come from something that small.

With no other real option I hesitantly walked past the rose. When I was a little ways a way from it I let out a sigh of relief that nothing happened. However when I turned around the rose was gone like it was never there. "Okay I know I'm not going crazy there was a rose there" I say out loud. The ground began to shake all of a sudden when that happened I ready my dagger for anything.

I heard a loud screech coming from somewhere. I looked all around that's when I saw it coming from under the ground. When it got close to me I jumped up into the air. This giant worm creature erupted from the ground. It had no eyes, four mandibles and four short arms with claws. In it's mouth was a tongue with a rose bud.

"I fucking knew it" I said as the creature tried to eat me. The worm tired to whip me with it's tail but I was quick enough to dodge. It went back under the ground where I couldn't see it. I changed my normal dagger to my treant dagger. I could feel the vibrations underground where the worm was. "Gotcha ya" I said as I created a large tree out of the ground. Caught in it's branches and impaled by them the worm struggled to get out.

"No one ever makes me second guess my self" I said to the worm. I lowered the tree down and moved it towards me the worm was still struggling to get out. "Kevin Bacon was one of my heroes" I said as the worm shot it's tongue out at me. I grabbed the tongue and cut it off next I made the tree go under ground with the worm leaving the worm's head above ground. With one swing I killed the worm.

I grabbed the rose tongue and looked at it for a minute. "You know what it does hurt to try" I said as I had my dagger absorb it. My dagger glowed and changed form when the light died down I unlocked a new dagger. The handle was thin, there was a rose budding on the cross guard and a leaf on a jagged edged blade

Like when I absorbed the treant root a message appeared. The message read "new material absorbed, rose wrym series unlocked, new abilities unlocked, new magics unlocked". I read what I could do with my new dagger right away I could create vines and make them grow thorns, I could shoot thorns, control plants and wrap myself in a thorny vine armor. Like what I did with treants I scavenged pieces of the rose wrym to sell for some silver.

With that I found a way out of the crawling forest this time without running into any monsters. I decided that I would not be going back into that forest ever no matter what. I now needed to find a new place to stay while I got stronger for the first wave. I had heard that there was an abandoned rock quarry around here that would be a good place to do some training and maybe find some materials that I could absorb and sell. All that I hope is that I have a better time there then I had here today.

A/N: Alright readers here you go Y/N's first adventure alone in this corrupt world. Y/N also just go two new awesome daggers with pretty cool abilities. Let me know what you think about the daggers are they cool enough for you and are they overpowered. Next up Y/N is going to a rock quarry stay ready for next week. I am always answering questions you readers may have about the story or anything else in general. If you have a question that you want answered either message me or comment on a chapter. As usual the feedback helps me make sure that the next chapter is better than the last one. As always thank you for reading and I will see you all later

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32K 1.1K 19
Y/n is A Young Man Who Lives on his Own due to his Parents always working, and he was Just A Normal Autistic Guy until one day A Woman in A Suit Knoc...
4.4K 101 12
The Rising Of the Shield Hero! You and your step-brother Naofumi had never been particularly close, even as you grew up. Your mother's attention had...
24.8K 819 42
Y/n L/n is A Young Man who worked himself to Death and God feels very bad for him and how he wasted his Life and decided to give himself A New life i...
53.1K 1.3K 25
{Greetings I am System and I am here to show you the story of Y/n L/n or as we've designated him The Gamer.With that said do enjoy.} [This story has...