I've Got What I Wanted

By Phoenix-54

Sequel to I Want Mr Baker! After hiding their relationship for a year, Riley Spence and Caleb Baker finally h... More

I've Got What I Wanted. Part 1
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 2
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 3
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 4
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 5
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 6
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 7
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 8
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 9
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 10
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 11
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 12
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 13
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 14
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 15
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 16
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 17
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 18
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 19
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 20
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 21
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 22
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 23
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 24
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 25
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 26
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 27
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 28
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 29
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 30
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 31
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 32
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 33
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 35
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 36
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 37
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 38
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 39
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 40
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 41
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 42
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 43
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 44
I've Got What I Wanted. Epilouge
IGWIW Valentine's Special Chapter

I've Got What I Wanted. Part 34

12.1K 196 24
By Phoenix-54

Hey guy! Again long time for the update. But I'm concentrating on school. I'm off for a week so hopefully I'll have another upload soon. There probably won't be very many more chapter. Probably just after forty. I want to get this one finished so I can start my new one. I'm aiming to have this finished for Christmas (maybe :P) Anyways, hope you like this chapter. And I'll proof read it tomorrow. I'm really tired.
Please Vote Comment and Become a Fan.
Like my Facebook Page 'Phoenix-54'
And Follow me on Twitter 'WattyPhoenix54' 
Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

"I'm staying at Aaron's tonight. I'll call you in the morning." I sent a message to my mum. 

"I'm sure she would rather have you call her than text her." Aaron said from beside me. I shrugged putting my phone back in my bag. 

"I'd just say exactly what I said in the text. And texting her is easier than calling her." I explained as we continued through town. I have to say, I was still sort of hungry even though we finished dinner half an hour ago. But I think I have a pretty good excuse. 

"So what are you doing on Monday then? Since you can't spend it with the coolest and best people you know." Beth glanced at me with a smirk. 

"We'll Jedward aren't in town so I'm going to have to spend it with some losers." I really hate Jedward by the way. But it was the first thing I plucked from my head. "No I'm having dinner with my mum, Johnny and Greg." I turned to my right and opened the door to the milkshake bar.

"That'd be nice. A family dinner just like old times." 

I glanced over at Aaron with a smile. I was quite happy to go out to dinner with them. I haven't really been in the same room with them all together. It's be nice if Caleb was there, but we're going out on Thursday instead. "Yeah it'll be nice. It's just effort though," I said with a laugh. 

"Don't be so lazy," Aaron said as we waited in the line. 

"I'm going to the bathroom. Order me a strawberry and apple one?" She asked walking towards the toilets. I nodded and turned back to Aaron. 

"So how're things going with Caleb then? What are the plans for Thursday; since you're going out with the second best person?" Aaron can be a cocky little bugger sometimes. His ego just gets bigger and bigger every time I see him. It's actually ridiculous. 

“Yeah, because we know that’s true.” I sarcastically said while rolling my eyes. “I don’t know yet. He said he’d text me before Thursday, but he hasn’t so far. I’ll probably not find out until Thursday anyway. But I’m really excited,” I turned to Aaron and hit his arm a few times.

"Okay I get the idea," he grabbed my arm to stop me from hitting him. "Is it not going out to dinner with you guys?"

I shook my head, walking further in the queue. "No we're just going to go it on Thursday. But it would be nice if he did come." I gave a slight shrug of the shoulder like I didn't care. But I really did care. 

"But you can still go out both days. There's no law saying you can go out this day," he said using his hand for some kind of illustration. "But you can't go out this day. It's a free world; you can do what you want." He let his hand fall back to his side with a smacking noise against his leg. 

"No way," I exasperated at him. "Is that how it works? I thought you were only allowed to go out one weekday and one day at the weekend. My life finally has meaning." Maybe I was too sarcastic there, but Aaron hated it when I was sarcastic to him. 

"There's no need to be a sarcastic bitch about it." He got the hump making me laugh. I poked his side making him squirm away. "Go away," he moved forward in the queue and put his back to me. 

"Don't be an idiot," I annoyed him further standing beside him. "You know I'm only joking."

“Yeah but you’re still annoying,” he didn’t look down at me which made me laugh. I nudged him as Beth came back from the bathroom.

“What’s up with him?” She asked nodding towards Aaron. I laughed and shook my head.

“He’s just being a big baby.”

“He’s always a big baby,” she said making me smirk. I love my friends.

*

“Do you want something to eat?” Aaron asked standing up. I decided to stay at his house for another night. I just couldn’t be bothered going home yesterday. And his parents weren’t here so it was just him andI.which was nice since we haven’t really hung out together in a while. There’s always usually someone else.

“It depends; are you making it?” I smirked when he turned to face me from the doorway.

“I’ll take that as a no then.” He turned around and started leaving the room.

“No wait,” I called him back. "I'm hungry please make me some food. If you give me food I’ll make you Godfather.” I grinned as he turned around with raised eyebrows.

“I don’t believe you.”

“I’ll tell Caleb that you’re going to be Godfather. He’ll have no say in the matter. So go make me food.” I crossed my fingers in my lap. I had to talk to Caleb about who was going to be the Godparents. God forbid if something happened to us, we need to make sure the baby is properly looked after.

“Fine,” he gave a single nod before walking towards the kitchen. Normally I wouldn’t eat before lunch, but I could literally give birth at any minute. So apparently the more you eat coming up to the birth the more energy you have for giving birth. But after that you’re basically exhausted which I’m not looking forward to. I like having energy. And paired with the pain won’t be nice.

My train of thought was interrupted by my phone ringing on the table. Thinking it was Caleb I struggle to reach forward, helplessly grasping my phone. I settled back into the couch, and was a little bit gutted that it was Jim that was phoning me. Debating whether or not to answer, I finally hit the green button.

“What?” I asked after putting the phone to my ear.

“That’s lovely,” he acted hurt. “I get you and Caleb back together and that’s how you thank me? Charming,” he gave a little snort at the end making me laugh.

“Well we aren’t back together so you haven’t done anything to make me thank you.”

“Little details like that don’t matter. You’re basically back together. When’s your next date?” He asked sounding genuinely interested.

“Thursday I think,” I said getting comfortable on the sofa.

“You think?” He questioned with a laugh. “How do you not know when you’re going out with him?”

“Because he hasn’t told me where we’re going, or what time at. So I’m not certain that’s when we’re going out.” I was a bit sarcastic, but that’s just what I do. “It was meant to be Thursday because he asked me out on that day. I’m just waiting for him to tell me details.”

“Maybe he’s being spontaneous,” Jim suggested making me smile.

“I doubt it. I’m not too worried; he’ll call me later or tomorrow.”

“Why don’t you call him?” He made it sound like I was being an idiot. Maybe to some people I was, but to me I wasn’t.

“He asked me out so I think he should be the one to call me, to tell me what’s happening.”

Jim sighed, but let out a light chuckle afterwards. “You’re so stubborn it’s not even funny.”

“I didn’t know being stubborn was meant to be funny.”

“Shut up.”

I laughed at his bluntness, shaking my head slightly. “But you’re going in the right direction though? If you guys don’t work out, there’s no hope in hell for the rest of us.” He could always change the topic smoothly.

“Jim you’re married. How is there no hope for you? You’ve found someone that’s willing to put up with you.” I truly was surprised that he did get married. And why the hell wasn’t I invited? “But yes it looks like we’re going in the right direction. I just fell like an idiot.” I admitted to him. I think I’ve only every admitted this to one or two people.

“Apart from the usual reason; why do you feel like an idiot?”

“I swear on my life the next time I see you I’m going to kick you in the balls.” I threatened making him laugh loudly. What an idiot. “I broke up with him over a stupid kiss. And by doing that I effectively cancelled the wedding in August.” Once I stopped talking, I swear I could smell something burning. I moved the phone away from my ear and looked towards the door. “Aaron something’s burning!” I shouted to him. The next thing I heard was Aaron running down the stairs, jumping to the bottom before running in to the kitchen. I shook my head and put my phone back to me ear.

“Please don’t die, I’d like to be Godfather to someone’s child.” He said in all seriousness. Why does everyone want to be Godparents? “But you can still get married when you do get back together. And if my wife kissed someone I’d be pretty pissed off.”

“Yeah but that’s because she’s your wife. We aren’t married yet. And plus we can’t book somewhere half decent in time.” I would still like to get married in August. But it is too late to be planning everything.

“It’s honestly not. We didn’t book somewhere until a month before we got married. You will find something.”

“Hopefully,” I said still in doubt.

“But you’re not an idiot. He understands why you’re ignoring him. He feels as if he deserves it because of all the shit he used to say about that other dude. And, in my opinion, he does deserve it. Maybe instead of kicking me in the balls, you should kick him in the balls.”

I laughed, sitting up on the sofa. “No I think I’ll still kick you. But I need to go here.” I told him standing up.

“And we were having such a lovely conversation.”

“And I’m sure we can do it again. But if you talk to Caleb tell him to call me.”

“Will do. Talk to you later,” he said as I walked out of the room.

“See you later,” I hung up and walked into the kitchen. “What did you burn?”

Aaron turned around and laughed. “Nothing, I saved it just in time.”

I shook my head as he went back to whatever he was making. I don’t know how I became friends with this idiot.

*

“Is that you Riley?” My mum shouted as I shut the front door.

“Yeah,” I slid off my coat and hung it up.

“I’ve book a table for six o’clock. Is that okay?”

I poked my head around the living room door and nodded. “Yeah that’s fine. I’m going to go up and have a shower.”

“Caleb left that for you by the way.” She pointed to wards a box wrapped in silver paper. “He said he’ll pick you up at half one on Thursday.”

I nodded, walking over and lifting the box up. “I’m glad you two are getting along again. You should bring him to dinner,” she said with a smile.

“I’ll call him later.” With that said I went upstairs to my room.

Sitting down on my bed, I set the box in front of me. I wonder why he didn’t just give me it on Thursday. I reached out and started to unwrap the box. What a prick. Who wraps two wrapped presents. I shook my head, but had a smile as I moved the wrapping paper. As I moved it a small card fell out. I picked it up and read it.

‘Sorry I couldn’t be with you on your birthday, but I’ll make up for it on Thursday. Since it’s close to the baby being born, I got something for you and the baby. I was going to give you the book at Christmas, but I felt now was the best time. I’m really sorry for everything, but I’m glad we’re getting back on track. I love you so much. Caleb x’

Reading what he wrote created a lump in my throat. I really don’t understand who he could be so adorable and perfect. I set the card on my nightstand and opened the smaller box. Exposing a ring box, I gently lifted the lid. I smile came across my lips when I saw the engagement ring I gave back to him. I ran my finger along it, reading the writing on the lid.

‘It’s my goal to make you wear this again x’

I actually love him so much. I closed the box and set it beside the card on my nightstand. I really don’t see how he could top that. Like I did before, I ripped the paper off, before scrunching it into a ball. I flipped the book over and read the front. ‘Our Baby’s Album.’

“Oh my God,” I whispered running my fingers along the cover. I opened it up and started reading through it.

’25th June 2011- The day be both found out you mother was pregnant. At first we were both scared, not knowing if we could give you everything. But when it sunk it, I don’t think we’ve ever been so happy.’

If that’s what the first page says, I really don’t think I can get through the whole thing without crying. I turned the page and continued to read it.

‘19th July- Your first scan. It was always the day where we made a bet about whether you would be a boy or a girl. Your mum thought you’d be a girl, but like always, I was right.’

I laughed shaking my head at that. If he was here I’d hit him so hard. I looked down at the print out of the scan and smiled. It fells like that happened so long ago. Which I guess it was since it was months ago.

‘17th August- Unfortunately on your second scan we were told that you were a girl. So I lost that bet. But that was the only time I’ve ever been wrong.

‘14th September- As you probably already know it turns out I won our bet. The doctor screwed up and called you a girl. So I goes back to me always being right.’

He’s actually such a prick. I continued to flick through the book, laughing every so often. It was actually the best present ever. He had basically wrote everything down and took pictures of what has happened along the past few months. You would actually think he was gay. But it was just the cutest thing ever. I had no idea that he was doing this. I really don’t think I’ll ever get a present as good as this. I’m glad I got it now instead of at Christmas.

I gently set the book down, before taking my phone out of my pocket. I unlocked it while standing up, opening my contacts. I scrolled down to Caleb’s number and hit it. Bringing my phone to my ear I started biting my nails. I really don’t know why I’m nervous. I think after reading through the book, I don’t know what to say with him. I tutted when the phone rang through to voicemail. I really wanted him to come to dinner and he chooses not to answer the phone. Maybe if I get ready in time I can call over to the house on the way to the restaurant. With that thought I rushed to get ready.

Reading that book I realised how stupid I’ve been. I shouldn’t have ignored him. He made a mistake. We all make mistakes. I wish I never ignored him because he missed out on quite a few things with the baby. I really hate myself for ignoring him. I’m such and idiot. I love him so much. That should’ve been enough for me to forgive him.

Now it’s my time to make it up to him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 408 21
Lexi starts to kik a guy she thinks she's never met. They get to know each other and start to develop a real relationship. When Colton tells her he l...
33.4K 860 35
Katherine Kingston is a High school senior. Her life is perfect. She has everything that every girl can dream of; a straight A student, a handsome bo...
21K 416 52
your just getting coffee when you bump into an unexpected man that stills your breath away but how can you love someone when your already married. ev...
117K 2.5K 34
Josie Kingsley, a sixteen year old, kick back bad ass who does nothing more than to annoy her teachers. Sarcasm being used on a day to day basis. She...