His Rejected 'Queen'.

By Marie_Curia

Iris Black is a strong, smart, logical, sweet 21 years old girl with new life and name. Her real name is Dian... More

Author's Note!
Introduction.
Queen Made From Courage.
Still Exists...
"Welcome" To The Palace...
In Confusion...
All About 'Her'...
Dreams VS Reality...
In Tension For Her...
Desperation For 'Two'...
A Queen Never Bows...
Too "Close"...
She Is Diana...
In 'Pain'...
Tension...
Truths & Regrettings...
Anything For Her...
"Already 'Inside' You..."
"You Are Mine...", Part I.
"You Are Mine...", Part II.
Triggering The Beast...
"One Last Chance..."
Contract, Jealously, Challenge.
'Her Royal Highness'.
"I Belong To You!"
"You Are My Queen!"
Insecurities, Passion, Rogues.
Worries, Feelings And Roses.
Earned It!
"Good Team!"
The Woman That Stole His Heart!
"With Me!"
"Important To Me!"
Reveals And Memories!
Together!
Tree Of Life!
Allies And Enemies!
There Is Love!
Enemies And Guardians.
Royal Birthday...
Queen's Battle!
The True King!
"With You!"
"I Love You!"
Family Conflicts...
Real Family's Love!
"Till Death!"
Strong Man!
"He Is My Home!"
"We Are One!"
Love And Sudden Problems.
Overshadowed Happiness...
To Northern Alaska!
Tensions And Instincts.
Stormy...
Reveals, Realizations And Shocks.
Her Truth.
One Breath Away.
Author's Note: Sharing Few Things.
Howls And Gunshot.
It's Now Or... Never!
Facing Death.
What Everyone Deserves...
Back To 'Life'!
Moving On With... Reveals.
The Two Extremes.
No More Secrets!

Trust, Closeness, Nightmares.

3.8K 108 2
By Marie_Curia

"The course of true love never did run smooth."

~next day, palace's gardens~

Diana's pov

"So are things alright between you and Daniel? He didn't kill you last night as you saw..." Ellie says smirking and I groan.

Remind me one good reason she is my best friend!

We are walking at the garden with her, Violet, Peyton, Andrea and Nikki. As you can imagine the 'team' is completed right now and they are too curious to know about Daniel and me. They are giving me a headache, I am trying to avoid the topic but it's not working that much!

We have finished training about one hour ago and after I had a quick shower and I got dressed Ellie came and took me for a walk because it's a wonderful day and we had nothing to do. The girls were already here waiting for us and I am sure that this was arranged!

"Are you going to talk or not?" Violet asks taking Ellie's side and Nikki giggles while Andrea and Peyton laugh.

"If I tell you, you will tease me for an eternity so no!" I reply in frustration and they smirk.

Great!

"Come on! I am here, I promise Ellie and Violet won't talk at all!" Nikki states wrapping one arm around me and Peyton nods.

"Excuse me? We are here!" Violet yells and I roll my eyes.

"Fine! Just... Don't say a thing in front of Daniel!" I shout in annoyance and both of them smile brightly excited.

God!

They are pain on my ass! Ellie is teasing me all the time and Daniel the idiot is enjoying it and how could he not when Ellie is helping him in her own way and I am getting embarrassed all the fucking time?!

Anyway, they won! I want to talk about what happened last night to someone. I was planning to speak with Aiden and Landon as well but they have training right now and I have no idea when they are going to be free so... These crazy women are my friends after all and I know they love me!

"So... Let's just say that Daniel keeps on surprising me positively! Last night it was like he had read my thoughts because I wanted to sleep on the couch but he prevented me and... Things got a bit out of the limits!" I say nervously and rub the back of my head while Nikki and Andrea raise their eyebrows impressed and Ellie has a silly, shocked expression.

Violet smirks thoughtfully and Peyton smiles at me warmly.

"You feel uncomfortable with him, right?" Ellie murmurs next and I punch her arm playfully.

"The hell with you girl! You already know it, you don't have to ask!" I hiss and she rolls her eyes.

"Okay so... What happened next?" Andrea asks and I sigh.

This is the difficult part Diana because they are going to get crazy and let's see who is going to chase them in order to stop them before they go to congratulate Daniel...

"Um... I insisted to sleep on the couch, Daniel did the same and... We got close."

"How close?" Violet asks and leans close to me with a devilish smirk.

See? This is what I was talking about!

"Um... Too close... We... Kissed and then he pulled back and I felt like an idiot but then he... He said some things I can't stop thinking!" I reply awkwardly and they look at me speechless with widely open mouth.

Was it so shocking?

Tell me! If it was for them then what can I say?

"Diana..." Nikki begins and pauses for Ellie to continue.

"What did he say?"

Fuck! I need to disappear right here and now! Can anyone help me?

"Talk Diana!" Violet orders and they circle me.

Now I am feeling like a rabbit surrounded from wolves, hungry wolves! Why did I open my mouth?

"If you dare to go and say anything to anyone and most importantly Daniel I promise I will make you die from duties and work!" I warn them and Andrea giggles.

"See? She has the Queen's spirit already! Whatever Daniel did it worked!" Ellie murmurs crossing her hands in front of her chest and they laugh but soon they stop and stare at me again seriously.

"Um... He was kind of... Aroused, like me and..." I say and pause when they get ready to scream and I growl to stop them.

"He pulled back, I felt awful and I guess he felt it and he told me that he can't stay away from me anymore because... He belongs to me." I say innocently and sigh heavily trying not to cry as the memories are too touching for me and I don't know the reason yet!

"FUCK MY LIFE!" Violet exclaims and hugs me.

"That was epic!" Peyton screams joining our hug and we almost fall on the ground when Ellie jumps on us yelling and cheering.

"Diana that was so sweet!" it's Andrea's turn to say and Nikki nods.

"See? I guess Daniel is really changing! We have to admit he takes credits for these last two days! And you Diana... You seem already better!" she says and I bite my lower lip thoughtfully.

We break our croup hug and we start walking again. I shake my head in confusion and they look at me troubled.

"I have to admit I like the Daniel I see from yesterday morning, I would be an idiot if I didn't but last night I felt like he was kind of rejecting me in a way. We were so close, we wanted more but he stopped and I felt weird. And the fact that he did slept on the couch and we were in the same room made things worse. I slept for less than two hours! I don't know what to say!" I explain and they nod in understanding.

"Okay, you are right at some point here! I mean... About feeling like this because he stopped but don't you dare feel that he is rejecting you or he doesn't want you! He is trying to give you time and space, he is respecting your Diana! This is proof of how important you are for him! He doesn't want to have just sex with you!" Ellie says and they all nod in agreement.

"And also we may don't know Daniel that much but did you listen to what he said? It was a huge statement! He belongs to you... God! This is... Amazing!" Andrea adds and I smile shyly.

"Yeah... The way you present it is logical and maybe I know you are right but... I have started to have feelings for him and I am taking things more seriously yet emotionally."

"It's good that you realize it! Just be patient and do what your heart tells you. Don't think of it so much because you will have the exact opposite results!" it's Violet's next words and I nod immediately.

They are right and...

"Hey, why is this area forbidden?" I ask when my eyes land on a sign that is placed on every path that leads to the last region of the gardens near the forest.

And also the weirdest thing is that they have it covered, all of it!

"You are right! I listened to nothing about it!" Nikki says thoughtfully and they all look at me confused.

"Who knows... Maybe they want to do something!" Peyton murmurs and we nod.

We turn around to walk again back to the palace and we change our theme, well, now we are talking about the other couples...

And we have fun!

It's cute because Violet is blushing like a tomato and she looks to be crazy in love with my brother. I am very happy about them. Not even three days together and they look like they know each other for years. I am glad they found each other. Violet was always like a sister for me and now by being Aiden's mate it's getting more... Official!

Nikki and Landon from the other side have marked and mated, they are great and I have to say that I am impressed from Land even if I knew he would be too caring and sweet with his mate. He adores Nikki and she is the best mate for him because she is strong, logical, clever, serious... The best Betas with Ellie and Jeremy accompanying them!

These two are the craziest couple I have ever seen! They are more cheerful and energetic, more expressive and with them everyone is laughing because of their teasings and jokes.

"We have two more hours till lunch... What are we going to do now?" Ellie asks suddenly after some time of being in silence and I shake my head thoughtfully but nothing comes in my mind.

"Maybe we could..." Violet begins but her phone starts ringing and she stops.

She takes it off her pocket and smiles as she answers the call and we all stop walking.

"Brother how are you?" she asks in excitement and we all smile.

Luke!

"Hey, what is wrong? What happened?" she continues after some seconds and I get closer to her worried.

"Yes, of course! She is here with me anyway!" she says in hurry and hands me the phone.

"Luke?" I say immediately and he sighs relieved.

"Hey babe! I am glad I found you! I have been calling you all this time but you weren't answering!" he begins and I bite my lower lip annoyed realizing that I left it in my, well Daniel's and my room!

"I am sorry, I don't have it with me. What happened? Is everything alright?"

"Mmm, I don't know! Maybe for now! I need your help!"

"I am listening!"

~some time later, palace~

Third person's pov

Diana knocked Daniel's office's door and tried to open the door without waiting for his approval but the door was locked. She narrowed her eyes surprised yet confused and smelled the air but she couldn't take his scent near her.

He was not in his office and it was strange! Daniel had told her that he would be in his office working until lunch so where was he?

She left in hurry heading to their room to take her phone and see if he was there and he met Haunt that was supervising some cleaning. They all turned and bowed to her and she smiled at them warmly.

"Are you alright Your Royal Highness? You look like you are looking for something!" Haunt told her with interest and she tapped his arm.

"Haunt... I have seen you calling Daniel by his name when there are no formal occasions so please call me by my name, yes? And you are right, I am looking for Daniel! Have you seen him?"

Haunt smiled and nodded and she caressed his arm gently. She liked him and she knew that Daniel trusted him a lot, he was one of the older 'servants' and he knew him very well. Haunt loved the family like Martha.

"I saw him some time ago. He was heading to your room Diana!" he replied and she signed grateful.

"Thank you very much Haunt! Have a nice rest of the day!" she replied already walking away and greeting the other servants.

It didn't take her long to reach outside their room. Her footsteps were fast and the office was at the same floor with their room. She knocked the door typically and got in, Daniel was not in the room but his scent was too strong. She turned her head on her left and opened her eyes impressed when she saw his private office's door open.

She had forgotten about it!

Daniel had an office in their room but she had never seen him using it. Maybe he has something to do and he needed more peace...

She took some steps to the small corridor that was leading in his office and she perked her eyes but no sound was coming. She got worried and broke into the office but froze once he found Daniel sitting on his office and talking on his phone.

"Daniel, I..." she began but stopped embarrassed from her 'rudeness'.

Daniel smiled at her after the first shocked and Diana got ready to get out but he stood up immediately to stop her.

"Diana no! Stay!" he said quickly and she turned and looked at him to get sure he meant it.

Daniel gave her a nod and pointed for her a sit and then sat again on his and smiled.

"Yes Adam! It's her. So is everything alright?" he said to the person he was speaking on the phone and shook his head in understanding while he was listening to him talking.

"Of course! Okay, yes! I am going to tell her. Send my greetings to Elena. We'll talk again!" he said after a while and hanged up the phone while smiling to Diana that seemed mad at him.

The name 'Elena' had already pissed her off and she was jealous. She knew she was overreacting but she couldn't hide her feelings or stop feeling the way she was. The bond was getting stronger and she was more possessive and hysteric with everything related to Daniel.

She crossed her hands in front of her chest and narrowed her eyes in frustration.

Daniel couldn't think of the reason behind her behavior. It was the first time he had no idea that she was jealous because he had done nothing unusual.

"What happened? Are you alright?" he asked her confused and she rolled her eyes groaning.

"I am going to ask you only once! Who is Elena?" she said through her teeth doing her best not to attack him with Destiny perking her ears in alert.

Daniel blinked his eyes after he preceded her question and when he understood that Diana was jealous he broke into laughter.

He wasn't expecting it, this time he had done nothing but Diana had imagined things from even one name. For him it was a pleasant surprise, she was getting more possessive, like he was with her and he was happy. She was sweet when he was getting jealous and angry.

"You know what? I don't care! It was a bad idea to come! Sorry for interrupting you!" she said furious and got up to leave out of the office.

Daniel coughed and stood up running to the door to prevent her from leaving and by the time he managed to grab her hand he had stopped laughing.

Looked like his Queen was about to get out of control for no reason!

"Diana come on! I am sorry but it was too sudden, I just sent my greetings to someone!" he said pulling her on him and wrapping his hands around her waist.

Diana growled and sighed heavily with her eyes burning his and he gave her a shy smile and made her roll her eyes. She blushed realizing that she had just pleased his ego with her reaction and he kissed her forehead giggling.

"It was a female's name although..." she said through her teeth and he nodded smirking.

"But I was talking to her mate..." he murmured 'innocently' and she opened her eyes widely embarrassed.

Her cheeks got too red almost immediately and Daniel laughed again causing her to punch him on his chest in annoyance.

He had her where he wanted!

"Stop laughing or else I am leaving!" she warned him and he stopped like a flash and cleared his throat.

"Alright, why don't we sit so I can explain everything... You have to know about some things anyway... But why did you come? I mean... Is anything wrong?" he asked her worried remembering her expression when she had broken into the office.

"Um... I'll tell you later. It can wait. So... What do you want to tell me?" she asked him timidly trying to calm down and he pointed the sits in front of his office.

Both of them took one sit with Daniel deciding to sit next to her and not on his sit behind his office and once they were comfortable he took a deep breath and began.

"I was talking with Adam, the King of the vampires."

"Why? I mean... Do you have relationships with them?" she asked him confused.

"Yes. My grandpa made the beginning and my parents and I make sure to have friendly yet cooperating relationships. These last weeks they have problems and attacks and this is why I left some days ago... I had gone to see them and talk in person about the whole situation."

"I had no idea..." she murmured nervously and he nodded timidly.

"I know. It wasn't the right moment to tell you back then and it was too urgent. I didn't know so many details also. I was about to tell you although!"

"Really? Why?"

"Diana... You are the Queen. You have to know about everything I do, we do! Soon enough you will take part in everything!" he replied softly and took her hands in his making her blush again.

"And Elena is Adam's mate, his Queen! He sent you their greetings and they are looking forward to pay us a visit. Maybe in some weeks from now if things are ideal!" he continued and she lowered her head ashamed.

She was a fool woman in love and she was cursing herself for her reaction because now Daniel was way too pleased, not that she didn't like to see him so excited but she wanted to delay showing him some things like her jealously. Destiny from the other side was smirking at her ironically and she was giving her a hard time as always. Diana couldn't really understand her but she didn't have time for it.

"He... Knows about me?" she asked him almost under her breath and he chuckled capping her face in his hands.

"Yes! I told them when I had gone to them. This is why I came back earlier. They didn't want to keep me away from you for too long!"

She opened her mouth and eyes widely surprised and Daniel laughed and kissed her forehead satisfied of how things were going between them and she closed her eyes smiling relieved.

So Daniel was really innocent this time!

"Oh... Someone is softening, right Diana?" Destiny asked her teasingly and Diana groaned.

"I hate you Destiny!" she yelled in frustration.

"I guess it's your turn now to tell me..." Daniel's words brought her back to reality and she shook her head nervously already thinking that he wouldn't agree with her.

She had something to tell him, she had done something and she also needed his approval for something else but she was sure he wouldn't like it and he would deny.

"Yes? I know this look love! I think I am calm enough, tell me!" he said sighing to get rid of his tension and she stiffened.

"Um... Luke called and asked to talk to me. Something happened and he wanted to know my opinion. I did something and I need a small help." She began and he signed for her to continue.

"Some pack members caught a rogue in the pack's territory and he realized that she is the daughter of Lucas Lambert, the well known Alpha..."

"That asshole's?" he asked her surprised and she nodded.

"Yes, you know him, right?"

"Of course I do love! I know everyone and this one is the most problematic of all but his pack is one of the oldest there are and I don't want to interfere because they are fine with his weirdness. You know how it works, they are more distant but as long as they are fine with it I have no problem."

"Yes but what if I tell you that now we have a problem?" she asked a bit angry and he took a confused expression.

"His daughter run away because he wanted to send her to another Alpha that is too old."

"He wanted alliance..." he murmured through his teeth and his eyes darkened.

"Yes! And she is only 21 Daniel! Like me. And she couldn't accept it so she left but he found out that Luke gave her a current shelter and now he is asking from Luke to make her his Luna or else they are going to have a war!"

"Excuse me?" Daniel exclaimed slamming his fist on the table on his left and Diana jumped up not expecting it.

"The hell Daniel! Calm down! I arranged everything!" she yelled and he froze.

"Huh?"

"This is what I wanted to talk to you about... I told him to send her here."

Daniel raised his eyebrows impressed but he agreed immediately. Diana had done the right thing and Lucas wouldn't manage to hurt her again but they had to talk to Lucas and put him in his place, he had to leave Luke alone.

"Perfect. When is she going to be here?" he asked her shortly and she smiled.

"Let's just say in some hours from now, about... Five to six!"

"You are a tornado! Do you know that?" he asked her amused and she laughed but soon stopped and stiffened with a meaningful expression.

And it was enough for Daniel, he knew that she was going to ask from him something he wouldn't be fine with.

"Say it Diana! What else?" he continued running out of patience and she cleared her throat.

"Could I have a small meeting with Lucas in two days from now please? I..."

"No Diana! NO! NO! NO!" he said and stood up frustrated.

"Why? Come on, I..."

"He is a fucking bastard, there is no way you get close to him! I will deal with him or we can tell Landon!" he cut her and she lowered her head disappointed.

Daniel sighed heavily and shook his head hurt of her reaction and stared at her for some seconds thinking of it.

She wanted to take care of it personally, Luke was her 'cousin', he had helped her a lot and she wanted to help him and her pack. She had already made her plan, she had asked for the girl to come, she wanted to deal with it but he was worried. He wanted her safe and sound and he hadn't listened to very honoring words for Lucas.

She could get in danger and it was the last thing he wanted but...

She wanted a lot to solve that 'problem'.

"Diana, I don't trust him! That's all!" he whispered with regret and kneeled in front of her worried.

"But... I don't trust him either. I just know I can make it!" she said hurt.

He sighed again and closed his eyes. He couldn't feel her like that but what could he do?

"I know you can make it..." he whispered taking her hands in his again and she lifted her head and look at him ready to cry.

"Then trust me! Please! Pretty please!" she begged him with hope and he groaned.

"Alright but..."

"Thank you Daniel! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she yelled hugging him and he gasped breathless as sparks consumed their bodies and Diana tightened her hold around him in excitement.

"But you will go accompanied!" he said hugging her back with a big smile on his face.

"Yes?" she said pulling a bit back to look at him.

"Landon, Aiden, Thomas, Elias and some men are going to come with you! And you will meet him in a neutral place!" he stated and she nodded immediately.

"Deal! Thank you! I am so happy, really!" she exclaimed and he shook his head in understanding.

"Also... I want to see his file, you have one for every Alpha, right? I want to make my research!" she continued and he gave her a confused look.

"I have a small plan... I need to 'study' him..." she whispered like it was a secret and he nodded in understanding.

"Alright my Queen! I will give you his file and any other information I have and you can use either of my offices! Pleased now?"

"More than pleased! Thank you!" she said shyly and after she bitted her lower lip she gave him a soft, short, playful kiss on the cheek leaving him speechless.

Daniel almost jumped up from her sudden move and she lowered her head again quite shy without really regretting what she had done.

She loved the fact that Daniel was softening and he had given her a chance to do something on her own. She could feel he really trusted her but he was scared of anything happening to her and his allowance was a big step for him.

He was trying very hard and she had to show him how happy she was.

Daniel from the other side smiled doing his best not to kill her with kisses and buried his face in her neck catching her off guard. He was excited that things between them were getting better day by day but he couldn't hide his need to be as close as possible to her. He took her scent with some deep breaths and placed a long soft kiss on her skin making it shudder. She tightened again her hold around him and smiled to herself relieved.

Daniel was transforming to another man.

"Thank you for trusting me!" she whispered and he smiled on her neck sending chills all over her skin.

"Thank you for coming to me!"

~some hours later, late at night~

Daniel's pov

This is never going to stop!

So much work and I am in so much tension that I can't even sleep even though Diana's presence is helping yet torturing me.

Being in the same room with her and not being able to touch her or sleep on the same bed with her is fire and water and the same time!

I am excited yet grateful that we are getting closer and she accepts me gradually but I am getting worried all the time and I am doing my best constantly. I want to spend as much time as I can with her and get higher in her eyes.

I want to, she never pressured me, I just need to be a man that will deserve of her and this is why I am training her fighters with her, why I am going to lead them in every battle from now on, why I am trying to give her some space and freedom, why I am working that much and why I am preparing a special surprise for her.

I am getting crazy for her and day by day I feel like... I don't know! She is my whole life, my everything!

My purpose is to make her happy and I will, I am done being a failure!

"I have to say your progress is impressing! Well done Daniel, you have taken the right path for the first time!" Devon states with pride and admiration and I sigh smiling (above some contracts, I am losing my mind, I told you).

"Thanks man, I..."

"NO! I DID NOTHING! NO!"

"Diana!" I cry out and jump up to run in our room panicked.

My heart hurts instinctually from her cries and I open the lights to find her turning around screaming and crying in her sleep.

Nightmares! I know about it!

I run to her quickly and she keeps on murmuring things I can not quite understand, tears are falling from her eyes, she is sweating and her face has a painful yet scared expression.

"Diana?" I whisper as gently as I can and place my hands on her shoulders.

"NO!" she screams and jumps up breathless.

She gasps panicked while shaking and looking around her and once her eyes fall on me she sighs and starts crying.

"Daniel..." she murmurs and falls in my arms and I wrap them around her while kissing the top of her head.

Goddess! She is shaking like a fish and she is in pain...

I am sure she was dreaming of them... The bastards!

This hurts like hell!

"It is over now baby! Shh..." I whisper caressing her back and she tries to breathe with her face buried in my chest.

"Daniel..." she murmurs and pulls a bit back.

Her eyes are wet and red, her skin red as well, her breaths fast yet short, her chest is going up and down and her hands are resting on my waist.

"What is it love? What..."

"I am sorry!" she cuts me and I blink my eyes troubled.

"I woke you up..."

"No baby! I was working in the office. Do you need anything? And please don't be sorry, you..."

"Weren't you sleeping?" she asks wiping her tears and giving me some quick, nervous gazes.

"I wasn't sleepy and I decided to work a bit." I reply and kiss her forehead again.

"I see... Um... Can I come with you? I don't feel like sleeping right now!" she says awkwardly and I nod smiling.

Did she just ask me? How could I say no to her?!

"Come! Let's go! Would you like to talk about it?"I ask as I help her stand up but she shakes her head negatively.

Okay, Daniel! Do not pressure her now! She needs time and you know what a stubborn yet proud woman she is...

We walk back to the office and she walks and sits on the couch curling like a ball without looking at me. I sigh worried and look at my library. I know she is not in mood of talking, I don't want to frustrate her more, I have to be discreet so...

"Would you like something to read?" I ask her nervously and she lifts her head up, looks at me in the eyes with a blank expression for some seconds but soon nods and stands up again.

I observe her walking next to me between my desk and my library and I lower my head. She is wearing a pair of dark grey satin pajamas and her bare feet are touching the cold, marbled floor while her not so messy hair are free in big curls.

She is breathtaking but her puffy eyes and her broken expression are killing me.

"I didn't know you were reading Shakespeare!" she says emotionless and takes the small, red book in her hands from the shelter on her height.

"What can I say?! I like lots of types of books but it depends on my mood..." I reply awkwardly and she shakes her head firmly.

She takes the book and walks back to the couch while I keep on standing not knowing what to say or do. I can feel she is still overwhelmed and maybe I make things worse so I decide to sit again and try to work (or seem like I am working to give her some privacy).

We stay in silence for a while but I am giving her some discreet, quick gazes to get sure she is alright and she seems drown in the book full of Shakespeare's quotes. I think it was uncle Robert's gift for my 18th birthday and I always loved it.

I am not really focused to work to be honest but I don't know what else to do so I pretend working without bothering her. I have my ears perked for any noise, sound of move from her but some almost half an hour nothing.

"The course of true love never did run smooth." She whispers after a while and I lift up my head breathless.

She is already looking at me and when we lock our gazes she gives me a weak smile, I freeze and my heart skips a beat.

Did she just do this because she knows? I mean...

"My favorite one..." I whisper and she nods.

"Yes, you have it marked." She replies and turns back to reading.

"She knows..." Devon whispers touched.

"I don't get it! What does she know?" I ask him immediately still quite dizzy yet overwhelmed.

"That you really believe it for... You!"

I smile melancholically making amends not to cry and I turn back to 'work'.

I keep on staring at the papers in front of me without even reading a single word and I lose the time's sense. All I am thinking of is Diana and the quote and I am holding back from speaking.

"Daniel..." Devon says after some time with meaning and I look at Diana to see her sleeping with the book still in her hands.

I smile warmly, stand up carefully and walk to her trying to make no noise and once I am right in front of her I take the book from her as gently as possible and leave it on the table behind me.

I take her in my arms carefully and she exhales burying her face on my chest instinctually. I stand up and start walking back to our room while carrying her in bridal style and once I get to the bed I place her on it and she moves a bit annoyed.

"Daniel..." she murmurs unconsciously and I smile.

"I am here love! Sleep." I whisper and kiss the top of her head.

I cover her slowly and close the light from the bedside table next to her and I stop to caress her cheek one more time. I have something to do, I can't delay it!

I need to know in order to help her!

I feel the need to kiss her the more I am staring at her face in the darkness but I know I could wake her up again and I don't want to so I just place one more kiss on her forehead and she smiles in her sleep.

"I love you very much!" I whisper and turn to leave but my eyes land on the pot with the rose and I narrow them surprised.

When did it grow up so much? It's just one day...

I gain my thoughts again and walk back to the office before I give one last look to Diana and I close the door behind me because I don't want to annoy her now that she has relaxed so much.

I take my sit behind my desk again and grab my phone. I am aware of the time but waiting until tomorrow morning doesn't feel right. I am sure he is going to understand.

I create his number and I start the call. I wait for some seconds and he answers the call making me exhale thankful he is awake.

"Daniel? What is it? What happened? Is Diana alright?" he asks immediately with concern.

"Yes Gideon, she is fine! I am sorry for calling you so late. I didn't want to wake you up!" I reply nervous.

"I wasn't sleeping anyway, don't worry! What happened?"

"Diana had a nightmare. I am certain she was dreaming of them..." I say with meaning and he groans in understanding.

"So? How is she now?"

"She is sleeping, she is fine, don't worry!"

"Then why did you call me? Is anything else wrong?" he asks confused.

"No but..." I say and pause.

I don't know how to express myself. I am nervous because I don't want to put him in a difficult situation, I just want to help her and only he knows everything!

"Daniel?"

"Gideon, I would like to ask you something, a favor!" I say trembling.

"Yes? What favor?"

Okay Daniel! This is it!

"Could you please tell me everything about Diana's nightmares?"

****************************

Hello my friends!!!

The 24th chapter is here and I am back quite earlier because I wanted to be more concentrate in every book and the queue mattered me a lot!

First let me remind you that if you want you can go and find me in Dreame with the same name and photo and in Instagram (I have the same photo as well )and my username is: ria_kyriakidou

And now back to our story as I am looking forward to know your thoughts and opinions! This chapter was full of sweet moments again(at least for me) but also... Things are chaning a lot, aren't they?

How do feel about this chapter? How do you feel about Daniel and Diana? What is Daniel up to? How about his decision to trust her and how about her behavior? What is going to happen next?

As always at this point I would like to thank you very much for your love, support, commends and impatience in order to read the chapters. The book has reached about 11.850 views and I don't know what to say, I am at least grateful. I am trying my best so continue showing me how much you want more and:

1) Vote,

2) Commend and tell me your opinions and thoughts, or

3) Share the story.

This is it for this week, see you again in the next chapter. Be safe and happy until next time!

I love you all,

Marie...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.6K 4.2K 22
READ BOOK ONE MY MATE.....THE NERD FIRST Lucas King, the oldest son of Alphas Dimitir and Bennett King, is not your typical 15 year old teenager. Wh...
129K 2.1K 29
(**Violence in some parts**) Abused physically and mentally. Diana takes it all for her sister Emma, the only blood related person she has left. She...
94.8K 3K 51
Rosalie Brookwood , Queen of all wolves and magical creatures Born in the Medieval time era . Half Werewolf ,Half Vampire. Her mother died in a ro...
66.7K 1.2K 37
"Why-why is he here?" I asked slightly feeling panicked. "Your father, Step- father owes me money. 36 million pounds to be exact." Stefan said as he...