Hero's Dagger

By AnimeFan0930

Y/N was a just a normal guy who loved to play video games and watch anime every now and then. Y/N was good at... More

Information
Prologue
Chapter 1: The New World
Chapter 3: Bearing It's Fangs
Chapter 4: Not As They Seem
Chapter 5: Rumble In The Quarry
Chapter 6: Preparations For The First Wave
Chapter 7: Before The Wave
Chapter 8: The First Wave
Chapter 9: After The Wave
Chapter 10: Evil's Truth
Chapter 11: Cutting Down The Spear
Chapter 12: To The Lake
Chapter 13: Battle On The Water
Chapter 14: Seeing The Truth
Chapter 15: The Lion
Chapter 16: Pride
Chapter 17: Tribe Of The Plains
Chapter 18: Becoming A Man
Chapter 19: The Final Steps
Chapter 20: The Fox
Chapter 21: Greed
Chapter 22: The Return
Chapter 23: Crystal Guardian
Chapter 24: Second Wave
Chapter 25: New Enemy
Chapter 26: Back On The Road
Chapter 27: Sloth
Chapter 28: Night Of The Living Dead
Chapter 29: The Lich King
Chapter 30: Snake In The Grass (18+)
Chapter 31: Lust

Chapter 2: Begining Of The Adventure

13.2K 247 180
By AnimeFan0930

Kingdom Of Melromarc

It was a new day in the kingdom of Melromarc. It was the day Y/N and the other four heroes began their journey to grow stronger and stop the waves of calamity. We find Y/N and the others in the king's throne room. Next to the king are a large group of adventurers. They are waiting to join up with one of three heroes.

The king gives the adventurers the signal to go and choose a hero to join. It doesn't take long for the adventurers to pick a hero. However Naofumi has no one with him. He is the only hero without a party.
______________________________________

Right away I could tell that there was a problem here. I thought that things were going to go smoothly. Motoyasu got his party memebers, Ren and Itsuki got there's. Hell I also got my party members right away. A guy with a mace, a girl with a bow, a guy with a sword and shield and a female mage had joined me.

Poor Naofumi he hadn't had anyone who joined him. He was looking around at us confused. The king had a troubled look on his face. He had guessed that the rumors of Naofumi being incompetent and weakness had spread. Yeah no one wants to join a party and do all of the work themselves. Naofumi called out how unfair that was he couldn't attack and level up he needed the help of someone who could.

He began to ask the others if they could let him have some of their party members. Naofumi asked me I didn't mind I asked my party if one of them would like to join Naofumi. They all declined saying that they didn't want to do all of the hard work for him. That really bummed me out I couldn't force them to join him.

Things looked bad for Naofumi that was until a member of Motoyasu's party offered to join Naofumi. Her name was apparently Myne she got really touchy feely with Naofumi. The king had an odd look on his face when Myne joined Naofumi. That's when I got the weird feeling again like something was not right.

Now that all of us had a party the king then paid all of us. Motoyasu, Ren, Itsuki and I got 600 silver coins. Naofumi got 800 for him not having a full party. The king then said we'd get an addition 500 silver each month. That didn't sound so bad I'd need all the money I could get.

With the parties formed and the money given all of us heroes left the castle. There were people cheering for us as we went through the gates. I said goodbye to the three guys then I said "like I said if you need me I'm always here" to Naofumi. It still bugged me how clingy Myne was with Naofumi.

The guy with the sword gave me some options either we go out and beging hunting monsters or I can go and buy some good gear before we go and hunt monsters. I looked at what I had on "yeah this isn't going to work for me" I said. So we decided to go get me armor of some sort to wear.

Time Skip

The mage had shown me this parlor that sold enchanted clothes for cheap. The guy with the mace suggested that I go light since my main weapon was a dagger. I took both of their advice and ended up getting this awesome leather jacket that was enchanted to raise my defense

I also bought a pair of boots to go with the leather jacket

Lastly I bought a pair of gloves that increased the speed of my attacks and would let me climb any surface.

With all of the gear I bought I only spent around 200 silver coins. I assured my party that eventually we would be earning more. I don't but something seemed off with my party they weren't really all that friendly they seemed focused on battling. Before we left to go to the field I saw Naofumi and Myne enter a blacksmith shop. Good for him he can spend the 800 on some useful gear. Also his party member seemed more enthusiastic unlike mine.

Time Skip

Right away I got to killing monsters outside of the kingdom walls. For now these balloon monsters would help me gain experience. My party was watching me kill the monsters. My guess was that they wanted me to get stronger before they would help out. I couldn't complain they were probably stronger than me.

I noticed that it was the same with the other parties. They were watching the guys get stronger. I saw Naofumi manage to kill a balloon monsters. "Good job man!" I yelled to him. He looked over and smiled then gave me a thumbs up. Killing these balloons got easier and easier after awhile. I had my dagger absorb parts of the balloons I slain. My dagger gained the ability to have me wield two then I got the ability to throw my daggers.

Time Skip

It had gotten really late that day so my party and I went back to town. I asked them what they wanted to do they decided that we should part ways for tonight and meet back up in the morning. I was kind of bummed I guess they didn't like me or something. However the female mage wanted to go to the bar with me.

She had said that there was a great bar an inn nearby. She grabbed my hand and took me there. I bought us both drinks and we began to talk. She told me her name it was Rita I told her my name. We continued to talk some more about what we were going to do eventually when I got stronger. I did notice that Rita was acting very drunk even though she wasn't. She began to cling to my arm like Myne with Naofumi.

I managed to get Rita off of my arm to which she pouted about it. It seemed like Rita was really trying to fling herself on me. It didn't know exactly what I should do. Would I go forward and see what happens or should I get out of there quickly. When Rita tried to put my arm down her shirt I decided that it was best to leave. I pulled my arm free paid for the drinks and left. Rita tried to call out to me but I just ignored her.

"If she breathes she's a thot" my cousin's words repeated in my head. Yeah I think I just saved myself a whole lot of trouble. Before I left I saw Myne take Naofumi upstairs to the rooms. My guess was that he was going to get lucky. Hopefully Myne wasn't as forceful as Rita was.

Time Skip

Later that night I had found an inn to sleep in for 20 silver. It was cheap and honestly I didn't care about the room it was the bed I liked the best. I had managed to go to sleep for the night.

But the next day early in the morning I was woken up. It was Motoyasu he had a frantic look on his face. "Get up Y/N" he said "what...what is it?" I asked getting up. "It's Naofumi he's in serious trouble "what did he do?" I asked. Motoyasu put his hand on my shoulders and looked at me dead in the eyes "Naofumi raped that poor girl in his party"

A/N: Hey readers I hope you liked the chapter and are ready for the next one. Naofumi has just been accused of rape and assault. What will Y/N do will he believe Naofumi or will he believes Myne. I'm pretty sure you all know the answer to that question. I am always answering any questions you readers may have about the story or about anything else. If you have a question for me either message me or comment on a chapter with your question. As usual the feedback helps me make sure that the next chapter is better than the last one. As always thank you for reading and I will see you all later

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 1.1K 16
Y/N is the average girl. not pretty not ugly. not dumb not smart. and she lives a average life. everything normal until a certain boy comes into her...
19.8K 303 18
(Y/n) is at the bottom of the barrel as he can't get a job, not even a part-time job as he barely graduated high school with all his credits. All he...
13.6K 317 17
The four cardinal heroes turn up, you've heard it before right? But what you didn't know was that one extra hero turned up , the staff hero, who spec...