Devil's Eyes

By yo-ock

You've got the devil in your eyes You went and took me by surprise Say what you wanna say I won't go back If... More

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PROCEED
Chapter 1: Baby
Chapter 2: Penchant
Chapter 3: Cinnamon
Chapter 4: Honey
Chapter 5: Rialto
Chapter 6: Blaze
Chapter 7: Crescendo
Chapter 8: Gospel
Chapter 9: Prescription
Chapter 11: Contender
Chapter 12: Zapatista
Chapter 13: Novela
Chapter 14: P.O.W.
Chapter 15: 5th Dimension
Chapter 16: Evergreen
Chapter 17: Berth
Chapter 18: Oscillate
Chapter 19: Dollhouse
Chapter 20: Obelisk
Chapter 21: Enceinte
Chapter 22: Reverence
Chapter 23: AWOL
Chapter 24: Chasm
Chapter 25: Barricade
Chapter 26: Ally
Chapter 27: Burg
Chapter 28: Goblins
Chapter 29: Lout
Chapter 30: Quixotic
Chapter 31: Vesper
Chapter 32: Ambience
Chapter 33: Dole
Chapter 34: Forage
Chapter 35: Gibbous
Chapter 36: Vista
Chapter 37: Limbo
Chapter 38: Devil's Eyes
Final Endnote

Chapter 10: Bane

13.8K 478 54
By yo-ock

Song Recommendation: Ultraviolence by Lana Del Rey "He hurt me but it felt like true love"

Absolutely what Ella cannot do for the sake of her is stay away from this man. The more his member slid in and out of her warmth, the more she found it impossible to put her foot down. She needed him even when they weren't having sex.

"You're just perfect," He said sliding out of her. He hovered over her, his chain swinging over her chest. She couldn't picture anyone doing this to her. Making her feel so wanted yet so unwanted at the same time.

She playfully blew a strand of her hair outta her face and burst out laughing. "You think so?"

"Oh I know so." He pushed off of her and headed towards his bathroom to start a shower. A naked Ella slid from under the sheets and followed closely behind him as he grabbed his toothbrush.

"You don't even fuck with me for real. Do you?" Ella said suddenly. She turned the shower off and grabbed his tee shirt off the ground, sliding it over her head.

"Baby, why you trippin'? Turn my shower back on." Aubrey watched as she tentatively placed her hands on her hips. She was sick of him but yet she wasn't. How dare he call her perfect but yo-yo her feelings.

"I'm going out tonight. I just wanted to tell you." Ella turned and grabbed her own toothbrush. She ignored his gawking as she put a line of toothpaste on her brush.

"With who? Yo hoe ass friends?" He snapped, stepping closer.

"I think with Marcus again. Since we can do whatever we want. Ri-" Before she can utter another word, she felt his hand grip her throat. She couldn't breath but all she could do was laugh as he brought her face up to his.

"You wanna repeat that shit?" He tightened his hold around her neck and saw she was struggling to breathe. He was still waiting for a response though.

Her eyes widened and she shook her head and then he released abruptly. She fell back and rubbed her throat. "Fuck you!"

He knew he was dead wrong for constantly scaring her and putting his hands on her but his temper got the best of him and it didn't help with the coke he had earlier. He noticed this was a pattern between them. He really wanted to say: "No, stay here. Let's eat and cuddle," but he felt that if he showed his vulnerable side she'd play him.

"Already done." Aubrey laughed bitterly. He didn't know how to stop. An evil possession took over him as he waited for another response.

"I'm just doing what you're fucking doing!" She cried, throwing her hands up in exasperation.

"You think I'm hoein'? That's crazy, dawg." He pushed her aside and flicked on the shower again.

"Then what is it? What the fuck? What the fuck is this that we're doing?" Ella picked up a ceramic soap dispenser from the bathroom counter and chucked it at his head, just missing him.

Aubrey charged for her with his hands out and grabbed both her arms. "Why do you think I don't want you goin' out? You dumb bitch!" He shook her, tightening his grip around her arm. All Ella wanted to do was cry and not because of any of the physical harm being hailed at her.

"Why are you fucking with my head? Why not just let me go?" She was full on crying and crumbling under his touch, like she always did.

He loosened his grip at the sight of her just bawling and letting him grab her. His heart softened when she began to hiccup and just laid on the tile floor defeated, while the water from the shower still ran in the background. "I can't pretend anymore. I-I only want y-you," she hiccuped.

He was left speechless because there she laid it all out on the table. She was tired and broken and he was the reason. Then the realization hit him: Maybe it's not them, it's me, he thought referring to the women in his life. Aubrey collapsed on the ground along with her, grabbing her waist and tugging her body into his. Ella turned her body to face him, her hair fanning out on the cold tile beneath them.

"What's wrong with me?" She whispered. She was mainly talking to herself but he didn't like hearing that question come from her, so he felt he had to be honest.

"Nothing, I'm in love with you and.." He just stared at her, his face unreadable and his breathing slowed. He knew what he felt in his heart and no one in his life had him in boxer briefs laying on the bathroom floor. That's where his frustration came from, he fucking loved her.

"I know I'm scared too." She finished for him. She knew because she felt it too. A single tear rolled down her face and he reached out and stopped it with his thumb, nodding. As if to say "Thank you for saying what I couldn't."

***

"I'm so happy you're coming." Sage thanked her boyfriend, as she straddled his waist. He was casually smoking, lost in his thoughts. He put the blunt aside and blew out a puff of air.

"You're welcome, baby. I wouldn't miss it for the world." Dave responded gruffly. She was in love with his deep voice, it made her feel safe. She turned her head and placed it on his chest, catching sight of the gun he's always carrying.

"Can you not bring that tomorrow night?" She asked bluntly. She wanted a more carefree Dave and he couldn't be that when he was being paranoid and carrying weapons at an art gallery. Also, it reminded her that he even felt the need to use that.

"I'm bringing it. Baby, somebody on my ass and if they on my ass, then they on yours too." He explained. He finished what remained of the blunt and leaned forward tossing it in the ashtray.

"Why would they be?" Her voice was smaller. What the hell is he talking about? "And don't tell me not to worry about it either," she warned.

Dave licked his lips and looked down at her. "You not gettin' it. This is business you ain't even gotta worry about cause I handle it."

"Are you deadass right now?" She gaped at him and shook her head. "Can I ever know anything?"

"No." He responded simply and laid his head back.

"Well fuck you," she muttered before getting up from his lap.

"Yo where you goin'?" He perked his head up at an annoyed Sage. She was walking towards the back of his penthouse. She didn't answer.

Dave sighed and followed her to the back, it wasn't long before his long legs caught up with her much shorter ones. He grabbed her arm, "Yo shordy stop buggin'!" She turned to look up at him.

"I'm not fuckin' buggin. How do you expect me to be on your team if you don't tell me shit?" She spat. Her words were steely. She needed him to know he wasn't getting out of this one this time. Especially with the news he had just shared with her not too long ago about being a literal kingpin.

Dave couldn't really argue with that one. Although his reasoning for keeping her in the dark from a lot of things seemed justifiable in his head too. "Do you not trust me? I'm not five, I can handle the truth." She pronounced. She felt this type of conversation was way too close to the ones she has with her dad and she hated it. Everyone always tried to choose for her.

"I do, baby. Remember? I just need you to trust me." He insisted and unfolded her arms. "This shit is dangerous and I don't want you to worry about it 'cause I know that's what you'll do."

Sage shook her head. "But keeping shit from me doesn't help either."

"Okay...what's really going on is jealous ass niggas tryin' to kill me or someone close to me. I know when shit is brewing and that's the real." He gestured to his gun and shook his head.

Sage shrugged trying to mask the fact that her heart literally dropped to her ass. She kind of wish she took all that fussing back about not knowing shit but she couldn't, and her pride wasn't gonna let him know he's right. I guess this is growing up? When ignorance isn't so bliss and you gotta be in the know.

"I know you young, mama, and you not used to seeing this shit if it ain't on TV ...but I'm telling you this is shit I think about on a daily basis." He stepped back in the tight hallway space they were in and leaned on the wall.

"I'm just trying to understand." Sage stepped forward and wrapped her arms around his waist again. "Thank you."

Dave didn't know what exactly she was thanking him for, the only thing he could think of was the fact that he was being an open book for once. "You're too good for me," he spoke, holding her in his arms.
     "Never." She whispered.

Endnote: I love me some Dave and Sage 🥺. But yes this is a short chapter, I didn't want this particular chapter to be rushed so I broke it up. Thank you for all the love, keep it up for me please <333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 497 46
From where it all started My Life as I knew it before my world turned upside down was great, no not just great it was fabulous. It truly was until I...
71.8K 2.7K 30
Everyone knew who he was and they all feared him. Except her. He had finally met his match in more ways that one.
443 44 6
Dave East story
1.6K 42 6
"This mine sage you gon be stuck with me forever you gon be my wife, best friend, and babymama. Ma don't let no other nigga in it or imma kill you an...