Red & White

By niallfanficsx

"They've figured her out, please, do something to help her...I tried to keep her safe and I failed." He was r... More

one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thirty six.
thirty seven.
thirty eight.
thirty nine.
forty.
forty one.
forty two.
forty three.
forty four.
forty five.
forty six.
forty seven.
forty eight.
forty nine.
fifty.
fifty one.
fifty two.
fifty three.
epilogue.

twenty two.

4.4K 125 33
By niallfanficsx

"Harry."

He slightly rustled around in the sheets, attempting to cover his ears from the noise. His hand inched around for her. Once flesh touched flesh, the Prince squeezed her arm in hopes that she received the hint that he wanted to sleep longer.

Understanding the hint, Leah sighed, "But you have to get up now. We've already skipped breakfast. The servants came to drop off the food, but I declined them. You must get up now for lunch."

The girl's vision flickered from his larger frame to where his hand was swarmed around her arm. She was sat cross-legged, warmly decked out in a fleece blanket. Fire lit from the maids earlier this morning crackled in the background, warming the vast bedroom.

"Just have them deliver lunch here. Then I'll get up," the man said, the pillow his mouth was pressed to acting as a muffle.

"Oh, come on, lazy," Leah laughed, poking at his exposed back. "Aren't you the least bit excited? I'm wide awake."

It was true: the girl was beyond excited. She was slowly falling in love with the fanciness and elegance of the Royal lifestyle. Almost every day, the family was hosting new people from all around the world. It was exciting and fun.

"It's a dinner party. These things happen regularly. Quite frankly, I dislike them."

The Prince turned over to lay on his back, arms tucked under his head as he stared up at the girl.

"That's why I need you here with me tonight. To excite me." A sly chuckle passed his lips and she blushed with a laugh, whacking his side.

"I could always say I've fallen ill and can't make it, maybe return home to see my family," Leah teased him in a serious tone, turning away and playing with her toes.

"Like hell you will. I'd drag you."

"Is that a threat?"

"I dunno. However you'd prefer to take it, sweetheart," Harry evilly challenged, sitting up straight in the bed only to pounce on the petite girl, tackling her flat to the mattress.

Musical laughter filled the large bedroom coming from both people. He tickled her sides, squeezing her skin to the point where she was wheezing for breath with a wide smile on her mouth.

"S-stop," Leah pleaded, thrashing in his dominant hold.

"Promise me you won't leave and will come tonight," he demanded with a smirk, continuing to tickle the younger girl. His legs squashed her struggling body.

"I p-promise!" In a split second, Harry let go of her sides and she gasped for air. "I was joking anyway."

The Prince ducked his head to press their lips together, but the girl hesitated at first.

"Mmm, I believe we need to brush our teeth first."

Harry laughed at her, muttering under his breath, "Women."

*****

"Now, Lady Leah, have you ever worn a corset before?" The lead maid asked, carrying the hour glass shaped undergarment over to the wide-eyed girl standing on the podium in barely any clothes.

"N-No. Must I wear it?" She timidly questioned, hinting that she did not wish to have it pressed upon her body.

The elder woman sympathetically chuckled, "Unfortunately so. Do not fret, though, you will get used to it. It's not so bad."

The corset was slung around her waist and Leah nervously sucked in. The maid inspected the fittings around her shape before tightly tying the strings in the back.

"Why must I wear it?" The peasant girl squeezed out of her lungs.

"Well, firstly it is custom for all Royal women. But the main purpose for them is to improve your posture. If only women like me could afford to buy these. My waist could surely use a tighten," the maid quietly laughed to herself.

Leah furrowed her eyebrows with a frown. She thought the woman tying up her airways was beautiful.

"My Lady, I must say you do seem quite frightened for someone in the Royal family of Wales. Do they not dress you in corsets when you attend gatherings?"

She wanted to slap herself. How could she forget? The poor maid must be thinking something!

"Yes of course," Leah fibbed, "My apologizes for appearing alarmed. It's been a little while."

"I do understand, My Lady."

After the corset was finished, Leah did her best to breathe properly as the elderly maid left for a moments time to fetch her gown. When it was retrieved, the girl was aided by three other younger girls in stepping into the luscious dress.

She thanked them as one with short blond hair pulled back her own long hair so the other could sew up the strings of the gown, concealing the corset.

Next was the makeup which was a blur to Leah due to nerve buildup. She's had dinner with the Queen and King, but never an official dinner party.

And not having Harry here just added to the uneasiness in the pit of her stomach.

*****

"You doing alright, mate?" The valet's voice echoed through the bedroom door, startling the Prince who was hunched over in front of the massive mirror.

Forgetting his friend couldn't see him, Harry nodded his head with a grunt. Without another word, Louis strode right inside, shutting the door behind him.

He was carrying the younger man's suit for the night, nicely pressed and crafted to perfection. Louis delicately rested it on the side table for a moment, making his way to the Prince on the other side of the room.

"Feeling okay?"

"Fine."

"Damn, what's put you in a mood?" His friend lightly teased, motioning for Harry to remove his shirt and necklace.

The Prince rolled his eyes, easing the shirt off his solid body and watching as it was replaced with an ironed white silk shirt and then the suit jacket.

"Poppy Carmichael," he muttered under his breath, "That girl is coming tonight with her mother and I know for a fact something is going to happen. She'll see Leah and realize we're together and just do something. I'm not sure what, but knowing her it will be bitchy and sly."

"Hmm," Louis thought over in his head, attempting to come up with a solution to his friend's troubles. "Don't talk to Poppy, then."

"It's not that simple, Louis. Not talking to her won't stop her from talking to me or worse, Leah."

His pants were slid off and kicked to the side. The valet sighed to himself, knowing he'd have to have those ironed due to wrinkles.

"Why is Poppy talking to Leah worse?" He handed off the black suit pants and Prince Harry slipped them on. The cuffs were folded over, along with the lapels being flattened and a pocket handkerchief added into the breast pocket.

"You are clueless sometimes," Prince Harry grumbled. "Leah is much more sensitive and unaware of the evilness brewing inside Poppy. She takes everything literally so if Poppy lies and slips a comment to Lee, she will believe it's true."

"Aww, is 'Lee' a nickname you have for her?" The valet cooed, dodging everything Harry explained. "Does she have one for you?"

"I will get the guard to take you away."

"Alright, alright. I've stopped," he laughed, backing away to inspect the suit, giving him approval.

Harry turned to continue fixing up his hair. His fingers slid through the wild curls, taming them with gel and spiffing the hair up. He checked multiple times to make sure it looked fine before nodding to himself and walking away. Knowing that he would be seeing Leah shortly brightened his cold mood.

It wasn't long before Prince Harry was striding elegantly through the corridors of the castle with the moon shining brightly outside, hints peaking behind the windows that lined the palace walls.

His boots tapped along marble floor with his guard and Louis following closely behind. He was informed that the carriages have arrived, totaling to four families that were traveling from many bordering countries.

The sitting room Leah vacated was feet away and his pace quickened. The guard standing outside moved out of the way after knocking on the door for him. It was opened by the soldier and Harry stepped inside.

He called out to her and she almost instantly appeared from a behind a dressing barrier. Her hair had been done. The usual waves were curled more neatly and a few strands were braided and pulled back.

Harry baked in her glory. The gown looked even more glorious than in the fitting. She was glowing.

"Is everyone here?" Leah's shy voice quietly asked, walking forward.

"Mhm," he muttered, not even sure what she said. The Prince finally cleared his throat, "I..um..you look beautiful. Absolutely beautiful."

Her cheeks tinted a radiant color and she glanced down to her shoes, "Thank you, Harry."

He inched closer to her, not wishing to go downstairs to the dining hall and converse with strangers he will never talk to again. Harry wanted to stay here with her.

Her face was held in his palm, softly tilting it up a tad to gaze into her captivating eyes. Their lips grazed the other until eliminating the distance between them. The kiss was sweet and tender. She grasped on to his broad shoulders, the dress swaying in the movement. They molded together.

"The Lady's lipstick will be smeared if you continue to kiss her, Your Royal Highness." The two turned on the spot to see the kind maid who helped Leah dress smiling at the lovers.

Leah giggled when the man in front of her grinned back at the woman before turning to her again.

"You have a little-" the girl laughed, wiping away the red makeup. After the task was completed, Harry leaned over to kiss her cheek.

They held hands on the way to the dining hall. The girl's nerves had thankfully vanished at the sight of Harry.

Upon arrival, the busy dining hall was packed with people from all countries and regions of the world. Their accents filled the area, conversation thriving between guests.

The lovers had almost gone unnoticed, prepared to simply sit down at the two empty chairs next to each other when King Robin glanced up from his conversation with a fellow guest and bellowed, "Ah, there they are!"

His words silenced the long table of people, causing Leah to stiffen next to Harry when over thirty pairs of eyes fixated on them.

"I would love you all to meet my son, Harold. And that beautiful young lady next to is-"

"Leah," Harry interrupted his father, adding a slight smile to ease the tension. "This is Leah."

She knew what he doing: diverting the subject of her routes that aren't accurate. King Robin was going to inform everyone that she was a cousin to the Royal Family of Wales. It was incredibly unlikely that everyone there would fall for it.

King Robin studied his son for a moment before sitting down in his seat on the end and grinned again, "Why don't you two join us? Come sit."

They complied, Harry leading the way towards the reserved seats. His hand caressed her back in a comforting nature which soothed her anxiety.

However, the stress was fueled only seconds later when they had sat down, chairs pushed in by the butlers, and Leah glanced up to see Poppy Carmichael staring back at her. She was on the other side of the table, on a diagonal slant with her posture perfectly straight.

"Harry," the girl quietly mumbled. "Did you know Poppy was going to be here?"

Thoughts or their chilling previous encounter at Harry's birthday ball swarmed her mind.

He glanced down to her. Conversations had once again bubbled, invading the space.

"Um, yes, I did know. I'm sorry for not informing you, it must've slipped my mind. But she won't be a bother, okay? I promise."

She sunk back into her chair with hope. Butlers skipped by, handing out flutes of champagne and wine. They were all on their first course when Queen Anne asked how Leah was doing.

"Very well, My Queen. Thank you," she replied with a smile, hoping to have said the right things.

The entire table wasn't listening in on their talk, mixed accents and opinions floating down the hall.

"That's lovely to hear, my dear, but you do not have to call me that. You're with my son now. Feel free to call me Anne."

Although the girl nodded in respect, she knew she would never call her that. A queen deserved higher regard.

By the second course, the wine had gotten to all of them. Harry was more touchier. His right hand rubbed her exposed back, while the other stayed flat on her leg. He continued to lean in to talk to her and even stole a quick kiss.

"Would you excuse me for a moment?" Leah kindly requested, ending a conversation with the fancy woman sat next to her. She began to stand up when Harry snatched her wrist to gain attention.

"Where are you going?"

"Just to the bathroom," she hushed. "I'll be right back."

Leah was guided by a butler out of the dining room, her dress flowing behind her in an angelic way.

However, Harry was about to fly out to join her when he saw out of the corner of his eye Poppy mischievously follow his girl.

And he was going to do so, to stop his professor's daughter, when a man near him asked how he was doing.

Leah slipped off the silky gloves to wash her hands before putting them back on. She fluffed her hair in the mirror with candles illuminating her vision.

She stepped out of the bathroom to be immediately halted by Poppy Carmichael.

A quiet gasp left her lips, eyes widening at the abrupt stop.

"Hello, Leah."

"Hi, Poppy...do you need something?" Her words stuttered together.

"No, not really. I was just off to the restroom as well," the older woman paused to smile, but the action had a reverse effect on her. "I must say, I am quite surprised at how touchy Harry is being with you. Are you two together?"

Leah wanted to part ways from her more than anything.

"I..yes, we are."

"Hmm."

"Why?" Leah asked, brows furrowing.

"Oh, I don't know," Poppy shrugged nonchalantly. "I suppose because the last time I saw Harry, he kissed me."

Leah didn't know her heart was capable of stopping, but sure enough it did in that moment. Poppy had dropped a bombshell on her; a false one at that.

On that day, when the Carmichael daughter asked for Prince Harry to walk her to her bedroom in the castle, it had been Poppy who had kissed him, not the other way around.

But, of course, Leah didn't know that.

"What?" She stumbled out in a frenzy.

"Oh, I'm sorry, that just slipped my mouth. I do apologize. Have I ruined your fairytale? Silly me."

Poppy turned to stride into the bathroom with no further words.

When Leah managed to find her way back to the dining hall and sit down in the chair, her legs were shaking and her head was pounding. Harry was right there, making talk with an older gent.

However, when he noticed her return, he paused the conversation.

"You alright?" He questioned quietly, setting his palm down on her thigh.

She uncontrollably squirmed away from the touch with a whimper, "I'm fine."

He appeared shocked by the resent. "No you're not. What's the matter?"

"Nothing, Harry."

"Did Poppy say something?" He guessed. "She's full of bullshit, I told you that."

"No, it was nothing, alright?"

He heavily sighed, giving in though he didn't believe her.

After the main course, the Bates child still had not sparked any words to the Prince. She was entirely mute, picking at the food.

Harry was growing tired of it, fed up and annoyed at whatever Poppy told her. He knew it was her. No one else could have done this to her. She had said something.

Set on his decision, Prince Harry snatched her hand from on top the table and pulled her up to her feet.

"Excuse us, mother."

Leah fought back the pull, sternly yelling at Harry in a quiet whisper until they were both out in the corridors.

"Harry, stop!"

"Tell me what's wrong," he demanded.

"There's nothing wrong."

"Then why are you suddenly in a somber mood?" He accused. "I saw Poppy follow you to the bathroom."

"Can we please just go back in?" Leah sighed.

"No. You're going to tell me," he growled. "I'm not letting Poppy continue to step over you and feed you incorrect shit. I'm sick of it."

He was beyond upset.

Leah stayed quiet.

The Prince then began to brisk her away hurriedly down the hall.

"Where are you going? Stop!" Leah argued.

They turned a quick corner, back up the familiar steps.

"Back to my room where you're going to tell me what's wrong."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.4K 2.9K 35
I hear the same manly, British voice say, "Go away. I'm not interested in buying your Girl Scout cookies." I let out a nervous laugh. "Erm...I'm not...
37K 1.2K 47
"I loved her first, Harry." I snapped, my fists clenching so hard that my knuckles had started turning white. "You had your chance, lad. And you fuc...
694K 13.8K 66
'The arena was huge. I mean, I knew this girl was famous, but this is as big as the stadiums I would play in during my One Direction days, and those...
4.2K 112 36
"I wish you were a girl." Everyone thought he had everything; he was the king's son at the end of the day. But that was far from it. Louis always had...