*One shots

By HamFans10123

A few random one shots of the Red Queen characters in any part of the series (also au's), since it seems like... More

Mischief
Queen's Death
My Addiction
Not a one shot
The Perfect Date
A (probably not) Scary Story
Flawed
In The Gloaming
Red Queen as Michael Jackson Songs
Announcement
Random Thoughts About the Characters and Books
Pain
Just a thought here...
Red Queen as children of the Greek gods
Guys-
I Hate the Waves
My Mistake
Stars
Soooo.....
Truth or Dare?
Part 2 of you know what
Fade
I Don't Have A Name For This
WHOOOOO
Cheated
Soulmate au
Them as things I hear in Marching Band
50 Years Ago...
Dancing 'Neath the Moonlight.
Think about it
Drinks and Happy Tunes
Trick or........Trick
RQ Relationships as Queen Songs
Old Friends
Daddy?
Old Friends Part 2
Old Friends Part 3
Time...
Old Friends Part 4
Storytime
Maybe You Can Buy Me Love
Relationships 101
So Much More Than a Kiss
I just got a new idea
Play The Game
Teaser
Dress Fitting and Birthdays
Fire Never Burned So Much
"Why him?"
Just wanted to put the out the "funnies"
Why Can't I....With You?
Just wanted to put another one of those "funnies"
Another AU
Sometimes the Best Moments are Unplanned
Bleeding Hearts
Things we should consider during the series
Pretending
You're Different
You don't have to read this, but please do
Ideas for a new one shot
Another Au part 2
More Funnies
Really Unimportant Announcement
Another Au part 3
Even more funnies
Unexpected Surprises
Another Au part 4
What I don't Understand
And more funnies
I need to stop with the funnies but here's more
Nightmare
And another collection of these funnies
This Is Why We Can't Go To My House
Cake
Red Queen Characters as Cheese
Another Au part 5
Another Au part 6
A Snippet from my Works
Even more funnies

Valentine's Day Special (Marlorn)

398 5 5
By HamFans10123

I did this one demand, and let me tell you, this ship is a pure one, so don't come at me or Taylor for liking this ship.

Au, by the way.

They ran until there wasn't any more breath in their 12 year old lungs, stopping at the window of a candy shop.

"I—I'm sorry." Mare pants, trying to catch her breath.

"Fo—for what?

"I—I—I thought you were—running away from—me," Mare wheezed out.

"No—I—I was running—from—him."

She took a deep breath. "Your dad?"

Kilorn growled. "He is not my dad."

"What do you mean?"

Sneering, he said, "He said that I'm no son of his, so what right do I have to call him my 'dad'? I do everything for him, from cleaning the house to tending the farm, and I can't do one thing for myself?!?! You see how he has soo much money, but doesn't give any to me or Mom? And I have been wearing this shirt and pants for two months because Mom has no money and that man is such a—AARRGGHH!"

Mare sighed, and gave a longing look at the window. Oh, how she wished to be like the rich kids, who can just march right in and buy to their heart's content. "Won't even give you money for a little piece of candy?"

Kilorn shook his head sadly. "You know, when I'm rich, I'm gonna buy as much candy as I want. Boxes of chocolates and jelly beans on Valentine's Day 'cause love is so stupid."

Mare gasped. "Love is not stupid."

"Prove it."

"Well, I love...you. You're my best friend, and best friend love will never die. And to prove it, I'm gonna buy you all your favorite candy.

Ten years later

Kilorn sighed while sipping his coffee. "I just don't know how to tell her."

"Tell her like you told me."

"You see, she's...different."

Since they were eight, Kilorn and Mare had been friends, their relationship only growing stronger and more...bold.

He hated it.

He hated that they were just using each other to forget their many exes.

He hated that their relationship was just repeating the cycle of breaking up with their s/o's, sleeping together, and finding someone else to date.

Apparently he was not the only one that detested the state of their relationship. "You guys make me sick. You're clearly in love with each other, and yet you can't admit it?"

"Wait—she loves me?"

Cal facepalmed. "You've got to be ———- kidding me. I know the way you guys look at each other when you think no one else is watching. She talks about you all the time, and you're the same way."

"It's called—"

"Love, idiot. If you want to tell her how you feel, do it now. Not when the time is right, like right now."

Without another word, Kilorn rushed out of the cafe and into Mare's apartment.

He was going to confess. He was going to give his heart to the girl that held it for so many years.

But as he neared the door, the sound coming from the other side pierced his heart.

She moved on. One week after breaking up with Peter, and she already moved on to another guy. But who?

He mulled over whether or not he should knock and interrupt one of her "sessions", or leave and pretend to be oblivious to her new boyfriend.

Eventually he just shook his head and barged in. He needed to gather his belongings anyway.

He headed straight towards the kitchen as Mare scurried out in a robe. "Kilorn? What are you doing here?"

"You gave me a spare key, which gives me the right to walk into this apartment and do as I please." Kilorn shrugged, and poured himself a cup of orange juice.

"Well, could you...leave? I'm expecting someone."

Kilorn sneered, and set down the cup, nearly shattering it. "Is that why you're in a robe? You've just broken up with Peter and now you've moved on to someone else?!?"

"He's....different," she said rather shyly.

He sighed heavily. "You never want me here anymore. If you wanted your spare back, you could have just asked." With that, he stormed out.

One month later

"I told you so. And what did you do?" Evangeline smirks.

Mare winced. Okay, so maybe more than once was she told not to date Maven.

"You notice how Kilorn is avoiding you a lot more often?"

Of course. It's only happened since he found out about my recent ex-boyfriend.

"You should tell him."

"Tell him what?"

Evangeline deadpanned her. "You're joking, right? Forgotten gods, you two children—"

"What about us?"

Evangeline groaned. "You know how frustrating it is to watch you dance on the edge of your feelings? All the events we go to, and try to push you together—and you still don't realize that you're ———— in love with each other! Tell him or so help me you'll be locked into a closet together!" Of course, she hadn't realized that she raised her voice, catching the eyes of old ladies and nosy kids.

True to her word, neither Mare nor Kilorn had confessed their feelings, so Cal, Farley, Shade, and Evangeline shoved the both of them in a closet.

It took five minutes for them to realize the situation. "This is awkward."

Kilorn scoffs. "No kidding. You'd think that this ——'s for junior high kids, and not grown adults."

Mare simply sighed. It just had to be like this, didn't it. "Kilorn, I'm sorry. I should have known that what we did hurt you."

Kilorn smiled, then it faded when Mare opened her mouth again: "Now can we please get out? I did as you asked."

"Uh uh. If you wanted to win an Oscar with that confession, try harder, and sound genuine. He won't believe a word you say unless it's from the heart." Evangeline touched her heart though she knew that the pair couldn't see.

Mare groaned, then proceeded to do the only thing she could to express her feelings.

Three years later

Mare twisted the ring on her finger as she studied her husband's face.

"You're kidding, right?"

"Nope," she grinned. Even after thirteen years, she still remembered the promise she made.

Kilorn laughed, then scooped Mare into his arms. "You remembered."

"Exactly, love is not so stupid now, is it?"

"No, it isn't," he murmured, then kissed her lips passionately.

And done. I look forward to your requests, faithful readers.

This is the third writer typing, and have a good day🙂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.4K 502 56
A compilation of "Red Queen" tidbits I've written that don't pile up to a whole story. Let's see where this will go. Part 10 (Housewarming) is some...
40.7K 740 42
What if Evangeline didn't set Mare free? So, essentially it's kind of a what would have happened type of Fanfic. There are going to be a couple of i...
54.6K 805 27
Short stories about the red queen characters. It'll mostly be about Marecal. I'll put some other ships in there too if you guys want. Most of these...
242K 2.8K 33
read my newest one shots on ao3, my username is dancingmalum these are my one shots from before I quit posting on wattpad.