Book 1(Destiny of a Cat): Int...

By PinkyBreadd

Series 1. Book 1 of 6. 'Night will lead a path of light.' Wind Clan has gone down hill after many seasons, le... More

Territory
Allegianges
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22(Final Chapter)

Chapter 18

18 0 0
By PinkyBreadd

                                                                                 Page 1

  Bright'Wing woke up, she had been chilled to the bone by a prophecy given by the old medicine cat of Wind Clan. She recognized the she-cat from her soft features she could hardly make out. She stood up and trotted out of the medicine den quickly. There was a stale scent of Dawn'Star leaving camp, possibly before sunrise.

  The gray medicine cat was nowhere in the medicine den either, 'Where could they be?' Bright'Wing thought with confusion. Her head spun around when she felt Night'Breeze brush up against her. Night'Breeze eyes betrayed her calmness as they showed fear of the unknown.

  "Bright'Wing. . ." Night'Breeze murmured, "I need to talk to you. . ." Her murmurs held nothing but a small hint of fear.

  Bright'Wing nodded and padded into the medicine den with Night'Breeze following. Night'Breeze sat quickly in front of Bright'Wing. Bright'Wing also sat down, she looked at her friend and recognized that her eyes shown confusion and a conflicted look.

  "Bright'Wing, I had a dream. . .A dream from StarClan." Night'Breeze paused as she looked down at her paws.

  Bright'Wing was taken aback, only medicine cats and leaders can get messages from StarClan. Bright'Wing remembered the dream she had last night, she had two warnings about a sickness that no cat could control or cure, well apart from one. "Was. . .Was it about sickness?" Bright'Wing stammered out.

  Night'Breeze nodded as her eyes grew wide with realization. A shock of fear ran up Bright'Wings spine, if Night'Breeze also got the prophecy, could she be apart of it?

  Bright'Wing shook her head, "What did they say to you?" Bright'Wing asked as she stepped closer to Night'Breeze.

  "Something about helping the brightness, and how feathers will fall and the dawn will fade. . ." Night'Breeze paused, "What do you think it means?" She mewed quietly as she looked into Bright'Wings eyes.

  "I got wings of kindness. . ." Bright'Wing mewed as she got lost into her thoughts, brightness and wings, 'Could it be a bird? How can birds heal?' Her tail flicked as she couldn't figure out what could heal the clans, and her clan.

  "Bright'Wing!" Night'Breeze mewed urgently, "It's you!" She paused as she began to pace back and forth in the medicine den, "Bright wings! It's your name!"

  Bright'Wing stood up, has StarClan actually chosen her to heal the clans? "H-How?!" Bright'Wing stammered as her tail stood up straight with fear. "How can I heal the Clans? It hasn't even been a moon since I became a medicine cat!" She mewed desperately.

  "We'll have to wait and see. . ." Night'Breeze mewed softly as she sat beside Bright'Wing. Bright'Wing felt calmer as Night'breeze rasped her tongue over her ear.

                                                                             Page 2

  Night'Breeze felt like she was forgetting a piece of the prophecy. . .'How could I have forgotten a message from StarCan?' She thought with frustration. Her tail tip flicked, trying to remember their words.

  Night'Breeze looked over at Bright'Wing, her soft purr made her paws tingle. She felt calmer knowing her friend felt okay about the whole prophecy thing, after all, she had so much on her mind.

  Night'Breeze ears pricked behind her as she heard Dawn'Star and Cinder'Feather pad into camp. Night'Breeze stood up as Bright'Wing stepped forward to where they keep their herbs. Night'Breeze sat, watching Bright'Wing as she pretended to be studying the herbs.

  Cinder'Feather padded into the medicine den, he was carrying a leaf full of herbs. Bright'Wing looked over at Cinder'Feather with a smile, "Did you bring back some burdock root?" Bright'Wing paused, "We were running low."

  Cinder'Feather padded forward with the leaf in his mouth and placed it down in front of Bright'Wing. The leaf was full of the roots from what Night'Breeze could see.

  "Why is Night'Breeze in here?" Cinder'Feather asked in a low tone.

  Bright'Wing hesitated, "I was about to send her to get some burdock root by River Clan border." She mewed quickly.

  Cinder'Feather looked over at Night'Breeze and nodded. "You may leave Night'Breeze, as you can see I already got the burdock roots." He meowed.

  Night'Breeze dipped her head and padded out of the medicine den, she noticed Dawn'Star padded towards her. He looked healthy and happier. He looked at Night'Breeze and smiled, "Bright'Wing is becoming quite the medicine cat Cinder'Feather told me." He mewed as he looked over at the medicine den.

  Night'Breeze nodded, "StarClan seems to have a lot in store for her." Night'Breeze mewed quietly. Dawn'Star stood up as Speckle'Face padded closer to the two cats.

  "Dawn'Star, I've sent out the patrols. The border patrol scented Willow Clan numerous times inside of our territory." Speckle'Face reported confidently, "I feel like we should run Willow Clan out of our territory, they're taking up all our prey." She hissed quietly. 

  Night'Breezes tail flicked, if Wind Clan were to do that, many would be killed. Willow would not go down without a bloody fight. Speckle'Face seemed to have noticed as she stared at Night'Breeze, daring her to say something.

  Night'Breeze stood up straighter, "If we attack Willow, or Willow Clan, many would die. Willow is a skilled fighter as. . .As. . ." Night'Breeze paused, remembering how Willow killed Smokey in a fit of power. She even killed the old deputy. "She killed many from Wind Clan. . ." Night'Breeze finished quietly.

  "She's right, she already killed One'Ear and I can't risk loosing you too. . ." Dawn'Star stepped closer to his mate, taking in her sweet scent. "We will leave them alone Speckle'Face." He meowed as she padded off to his den.

  Speckle'Face glared at Night'Breeze, "I am the deputy. . .Remember that, rogue." She hissed quietly as she turned to stalk away into Dawn'Stars den.

  Night'Breezes neck fur bristled with anger. "Stupid she-cat. . ." Night'Breeze murmured to herself as she padded out of camp to go hunt.

                                                                            Page 3

  Night'Breeze was stalking a mouse, it was plump and looked juicy. 'I could give this to Muddy'Paw' She thought. The mouse moved across swiftly, Night'Breeze leapt to catch the mouse but missed. Her paws hit the ground hard as the mouse scurried away from its attacker.

  Night'Breeze stood up and shook her head. The pain in her paw was back, but she ignored it as it could just be a broken claw. She continued to hunt as the pain wasn't that bad, she soon smelled a rabbit in the roots of a tree.

  She crept downwind towards the tree. Night'Breeze was going to scare the rabbit out, the pounce on top of it. Night'Breeze noticed a small rock and thought of an idea, she scooped it up with her tail and threw the rock to the opposite side of the tree.

  The rabbit darted out of the tree, causing Night'Breeze to easily pounce onto the terrified rabbit. She killed it quickly, the crimson blood of the animal seeped into her jaw, causing her mouth to water. The rabbit was held tightly in her jaws as she padded back to camp.

  She reached the camp and padded softly to the fresh kill pile, her paw was aching and in pain. 'I need to see Bright'Wing and Cinder'Feather. . .' She thought in agony. She limped to the medicine den and saw Cinder'Feather by himself, organizing the herbs.

  "Cinder'Feather!" Night'Breeze mewed as she limped into the medicine den. Cinder'Feather looked at her then at her paw.

  "It's infected, go lay down." He meowed as he lifted a burdock root into his jaws. Night'Breeze laid into a piece of moss, watching as Cinder'Feather crushed up the burdock root into a poultice.

  Cinder'Feather applied the poultice to Night'Breezes infected paw. Night'Breeze squirmed a bit as it felt painful and slimy. "Quit moving!" Cinder'Feather hissed as he continued to apply the poultice carefully. He soon finished and grabbed a few cobwebs, wrapping Night'Breezes paw.

  Night'Breeze saw Bright'Wings beautiful ginger pelt emerge into the Wind Clan camp with Bear'Pelt. She held a mole firmly in her jaws as they both padded over to the fresh kill pile. Night'Breeze looked at her paw wrapped in cobweb.

  Bright'Wing padded into the medicine den and noticed Night'Breeze, "I realized you're always getting hurt!" She mewed with a worried tone.

  Cinder'Feather interrupted her, "It's just a small infection Bright'Wing, no need to worry." He meowed.

  Bright'Wing nodded her head quietly as she looked back at her friend. Night'Breeze smiled a bit, Bright'Wing only looked more worried, was she thinking of the prophecy?

                                                                                Page 4

  Night'Breeze fell into an uncomfortable sleep. Her paw still stung a bit from Cinder'Feather applying the poultice. She woke up and saw Bright'Wing sleeping close beside her.  Her friends ginger pelt shone beautifully at the moonlight that shone through the medicine den.

  Bright'Wing abruptly woke up, sadness shown in her pale green eyes. Bright'Wing looked over at Night'Breeze and her eyes soon hid the fear she experienced in her dream. "S-sorry Night'Breeze. . .Did I wake you?" She mewed quietly.

  Night'breeze shook her head, "No not at all. . ." She whispered gently to Bright'Wing, "What happened?" Night'Breeze asked quietly.

  "Just a dream. . ." Bright'Wing mewed as she clawed gently at her moss. "I had kits. . .And a mate. . ." She mewed sadly. Night'Breeze didn't know how to respond.

  Medicine cats can't have a mate or kits, yet Bright'Wing was yearning for one. Bright'Wing continued, "I know what you're thinking. . .I can't have one due to the ways of the medicine cat."

  "I don't have a right to tell you what to do, but whatever you do, I will support you Bright'Wing." Night'Breeze mewed as she rubbed her muzzle against hers. Bright'Wing purred quietly.

  "Thank you Night'Breeze." She mewed as Night'breeze noticed Bright'Wing falling back into a sleep.

  Night'Breeze shifted gently closer to Bright'Wing, she felt Bright'Wings warmth and fell asleep. She woke up beside a river and another cat, a gray and black tom. The river soon turned into a wave, threatening to consume her and the tom. Night'Breeze backed away while the tom stayed. He slowly turned his head to her as he was engulfed by the wave.

  Night'Breeze felt another cat beside her which was whispering into her ear. "A flame held dear will turn to smoke! Revenge from a brown shadow. . ." The voice was Willow'Specks mixed with Smokeys.

  Night'Breeze woke up to a paw being prodded into her side. She opened her eyes and saw Bright'Wing. Night'Breeze stood up and shook her fur. Bright'Wing flicked her tail for Night'Breeze to follow her.

  Bright'Wing padded out of the medicine den as Night'Breeze followed without a limp, 'My paw must be better.' Night'breeze thought as she purred.

  "Wait for it." Bright'Wing mewed as she sat down, her tail wrapped neatly around her paws. Night'Breeze sat beside the beautiful ginger medicine cat.

  A cold wind blew through the two she-cats fur softly, following with a nice warm wave of heat from the sun. 'It must be leaf-fall. . .' Night'Breeze thought quietly to herself.

  "Leaf-bares almost here. . ." Bright'Wing mewed quietly as she looked down at her paws, "Funny how time flies." She mewed with a hint of worry.

  Night'Breeze rasped her tongue over her friends ear, comforting her. "It's going to be alright, Bright'Wing." Night'Breeze mewed gently.

  Night'Breeze noticed a brown pelt coming towards the two she-cats. She looked over and saw Muddy'Paw, "Night'Breeze! Let's go train! Please?" The tom mewed with a plea in his voice.

  Night'Breeze stood up and nodded her head to the apprentice. She noticed Bright'Wing smile at them both. Muddy'Paw happily padded happily towards the entrance of camp with Night'Breeze following.

  Bright'Wing waved her tail as a goodbye as Night'Breeze did the same.

                                                                                      Page 5

  Muddy'Paw was happily padding behind Night'Breeze through the trees. "I'll be showing you the best places to hunt." Night'Breeze meowed as she weaved through the undergrowth. Muddy'Paw followed her easily.

  They soon reached a part of the trees where they grew thick for prey to hide. "This is where mice like to hide, especially under the roots." Night'Breeze mewed quietly to her apprentice. Muddy'Paw nodded enthusiastically.

  Night'Breeze padded out of the thick trees with Muddy'Paw following close behind. Soon they reached the moors. Night'Breeze padded quickly across as she reached a stony area. She instantly smelled a hidden rabbit. Night'Breeze instantly gotten into a low crouch.

  Muddy'Paw did the same. "Rabbit!" Muddy'Paw whispered excitedly, "Can I catch it?" He mewed curiously. Night'Breeze nodded as she watched her apprentice pelt after the rabbits scent.

  Night'Breeze sat up as she waited for Muddy'Paw. She felt a cat brush up against her side, she looked over and saw a white pelt. It was Snow. The white she-cat sat beside Night'Breeze and smiled. "How's hunting?" She asked.

  Night'Breeze smiled, "Fairly well." She purred. Snow had curiosity in her eyes.

  "What was that StarClan you talked about before?" Snow asked as she licked her paw.

  Night'Breeze looked over at the white she-cat, "Well it's where our warrior ancestors go once they've died." Night'Breeze looked down at her paws, "They've even spoken to me." She mewed quietly.

  Snow looked at her surprised, "Really? What did they say?"

  "Many things, they've even shown me the death of a cat. . .And now she also talks to me." She mewed hesitantly.

  Snows eyes shown curiosity as she listened to Night'Breeze.

  Soon, Night'Breeze smelled Muddy'Paws scent mixed with a dead rabbits. Her stomach growled, Snow noticed and purred with amusement.

  Muddy'Paw padded out of the undergrowth proudly as he padded up to Night'Breeze, not noticing Snow. He placed the rabbit down and smiled. He soon noticed Snow and jumped a bit, "Oh, Snow! Hello." Muddy'Paw mewed as he dipped his head.

  "Hello, Muddy'Paw was it?" She meowed in response. Muddy'Paw nodded his head, then looked over at Night'Breeze.

  "Well done Muddy'Paw; a wonderful catch." Night'Breeze praised her apprentice. Muddy'Paw smiled. "We should get back to the Clan now." She mewed as she stood up. "When we get back, bring the rabbit to the elders."

  Muddy'Paw nodded and picked up the rabbit in her jaws. Snow padded across the moor, turning into a small dot of white until she was no longer seen by Night'Breeze.

  The two cats padded through the moors and trees to reach the camp. It was nearly sunhigh and it was getting slightly chilly, but the sun was giving the cats warmth.

  She watched as Muddy'Paw brought the rabbit to the elders den. Night'Breeze noticed how the rabbit wasn't dragging on the ground, then she realized how big Muddy'Paw had gotten. 'He'll be a warrior soon.' Night'Breeze thought with pride, but the feeling stopped as she remembers Willow'Specks warning. 'What if he won't make it to a warrior? . .' She thought with sadness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 53 13
It is an age of uncertainty around the lake, and WindClan is a pariah among the Clans. Under the stone paw of Cloudstar, the Clan's heartbroken tyra...
22.1K 1.8K 23
Two cats. One soul-driven desire to be leader. They've worked together thus far. But one battle determines who will next lead the Clan. One cat will...
797 105 26
Peace has come in the Clans, but young Riverstorm is struggling to fit into RiverClan, while Brackenstar is finding it hard to keep a big secret. Sun...
680 59 31
Brokenclaw's destiny is greater than most. But if he goes down the wrong path, the clans could be in danger. But maybe there is one cat who can chang...