ZSEN

By nathanielpoirrier

(FINISHED WRITING, BEING REVISED!) An only child, by the name of Nathaniel, has a very unfortunate life. Unpo... More

Chapter 0 - Introduction
Chapter 1 - The Project
Chapter 2 - Blackout
Chapter 3 - Happy Eighteenth
Chapter 4 - Encountered
Chapter 5 - Clashing
Chapter 6 - The Date
Chapter 7 - Misdemeanor
Chapter 8 - Lizzie
Chapter 9 - Nathaniel
Chapter 10 - Zsen
Chapter 11 - First Day
Chapter 12 - Preperation
Chapter 13 - The Show Must Go On
Chapter 14 - Last Night
Chapter 15 - Settling In
Chapter 16 - Reputation
Chapter 17 - Demons
Chapter 18 - One Sided
Chapter 19 - Identity Thief
Chapter 20 - Zander
Chapter 21 - Publicity
Chapter 22 - Fenge
Chapter 23 - Standoff
Chapter 24 - Bonds
Chapter 25 - Complications
Chapter 26 - Lost Hope
Chapter 27 - Alive
Chapter 28 - Management
Chapter 29 - Who Are You
Chapter 30 - Legend Of Carter Jones
Chapter 31 - Ardent
Chapter 32 - Upheaval
Chapter 33 - Get Up
Cha¶tër ¾ ~ Icarus
Chapter 35 - Insight
Chapter 37 - Misrule
Chapter 38 - Family
Chapter 39 - Compromise
Chapter 40 - The Monster I've Become (Lizzie 2)
Chapter 41 - Atone
Chapter 42 - Nieghborly
Chapter 43 - Blood Money
Chapter 44 - A Champion Is Born (Pt 1/2)
Chapter 44 - A Champion Is Born (Pt 2/2)
Chapter 45 - Surrealism
Chapter 46 - Reformed
Chapter 47 - No Mans Land
Chapter 48 - As Days Go By
Chapter 49 - Query
Chapter 50 - Left For Dead
Chapter 51 - Conspiracy
Chapter 52 - Uneasy
Chapter 53 - New Faces
Chapter 54 - Warriors Of Generation Zenith
Chapter 55 - Conclusion
Patient ~ Lizzie Zaeva
Patient ~ Cornelius Hale

Chapter 36 - Moralities

24 4 0
By nathanielpoirrier

"Hello?"

"Yo, Corn. In here. Wassup?"

Corn sighs...

"Nothing much, I guess."

"You're not too thrilled about the job they assigned you, huh?"

"No, not really... I don't really like anything they're doing right now."

"What? Why not?"

"Don't get me wrong, it's how they chose to do it. I mean, this is stupid. If it were up to me, I wouldn't turn to do criminal acts. We should be using you out there as an image. Holly and Joceline aren't going to impact anyone and they'll just end up being killed."

"Woah, don't say that."

"I'm serious. Imagine the mark you'd make. People might fear you at first but, with the right amount of people to see you for who you are... we could change all of their minds about you. Honestly, I thought everyone would turn to the Dwaljitu."

"The who?"

"The hippies of the military."

"..."

"What?"

"The hippies of the military."

"..."

"Corn!"

"Yes?"

"What does that mean?"

"Oh. They are the people here who- How the heck do you still know nothing about this place?"

I stare at him with an exasperated look...

"Sorry... The Dwaljitu basically believe that all Corrupted are still humans and that killing them is killing our own kind. Everyone thinks they're stupid but, I think it's a good theory; It's more than anything the military has come up with."

"Well, aren't the Corrupted just mindless monsters? All they do is kill humans, so how could they still be human?"

"Well, maybe people haven't been strong enough to control the Corruption. Maybe you and Quade have been the only ones competent enough to control it. Maybe, everyone is still conscious just not in power of their own body."

Lyra told me this before. She had told me something about Charlette and how she still felt her existence... Oh yeah! Lyra said she wondered if Charlette was still conscious and begging her to not shoot...

Damn...

I forget how horrible some of the people's stories are here.

"That's an alarming thing to think about, Corn."

"Yeah, it is. But, it could very well be true. We'd just be killing them instead of helping."

"Maybe... Maybe we should get their attention. It beats sitting around here doing nothing, doesn't it?"

"Hmm... I don't know. When I do this type of stuff, it usually doesn't turn out very well."

"What do you mean?"

"Nobody ever likes my ideas and usually they all  turn out to be stupid."

"How is this stupid? Don't answer that! You aren't stupid. You've never really said a stupid thing around me. If anything, you're creative. You always have ideas and come up with shit when we can't figure it out."

"Er... I don't know. We shouldn't disobey Lizzie. She's kinda scary."

"I'll deal with her."

"What about the entire plan?"

"It'll be fine. We'll be more support and Lizzie could still do her plan."

"Ugh... Alright. Let's do this."

.......

Corn and I grabbed our things as he led the way. I followed him until we ended up in the Yellow ranked barracks. He takes me to this spiral stairway going underground. Down there we see this huge majestic temple! Each story smaller than the one under it. It's sort of like a pyramid.

"Woah."

"Yeah, that is pretty impressive, huh?"

"Yeah... Wait, what? You've been here before right?"

"Nope."

"..."

"Uhh... How do you know we are in the right place then?"

"Oh, I've known about this for a long time. I've always been too scared to go alone because of the rumors."

"Rumors?"

"Yeah, don't you know?"

"Uhm, no!"

"Ahh, hello... Are you two looking to become members of the Dwaljitu?"

"Erm... Corn?"

"Uh, heck yes! How do we sign up?"

"Uhh, Corn. I don't know how comfortable I am with doing that."

"Oh no... You brought a non-believer, sir?"

"Oh yeah, he's been chumpin up about it the whole way here. He's ridiculous but I know he'll join if he's just shown the right path."

"Corn!"

"Hmm?"

Suddenly, my head is covered by some black sheet! I can barely breathe! Fuck!

"Hey, guys come on. I thought we'd show him what y'all do!"

"Sorry, this is what we do."

"Hey, let go of me!"

They got Corn too. Shit! I gotta do somethi-
"Ack!"

I'm being stabbed!

"His blood! It's... He's... Get Draknovich!"

Shit... I can't let them expose me... Ugh! Fuck this shit!

"Roar!"

I tear the sheet mask off as they collapse around me. I leave my left half and my right leg human. My head and right arm stay Corrupted for fear and my huge claw.

What the hell? Why are they all slowly starting to bow down? Like a wave, everyone all the way up to the temple drops to their knees and lay their arms out with their head down. 

"Corn, what did you say that rumor was again?"

"Well, supposedly, they sacrifice new people who come unannounced. They believe there's gonna be a sign that the chosen one will come through one day. A human said to control Corrupt-"

"..."

"Yeah. I'm starting to see how this wasn't very smart now."

I turn human.

"Hmm, oh really? You're only starting to now realize the issue? I mean, let's wait till we really see the issue, Corn."

"Yeah, gimme a second to put it all together."

"Corn! I was being sarcast-"
"Oh! Because if they see you, that makes what they are saying true and now they have proof to use. So now they are gonna take over the-"
"Shut up!"

"H-Hello. Y-You are the one?"

This man gulps. He seems very pale and old. He has a balding widow's peak with short black hair.

"Er, no. I'm not anyone special."

"It really is you... That's exactly how the generous savior we visualized woulda said it! Everyone, make way to the throne room!"

Suddenly, people move and cheer showing a path that I swear wasn't there before, straight toward the temple. As Corn, this man, and I walk this path toward the temple, I see people mesmerized as I pass.

This... This feels horribly wrong. Why do these people praise me? I'm a nobody.

...

We approach this enormous room with a huge staircase leading up to a throne chair. The man in front of us stops and turns around...

"Well, go on."

"Huh?"

"Don't be shy, my Lord. Your throne has grown cold without you. The time has finally come for us. The day we've been waiting for... Our lord has come to rid our souls from Corruption; to regain our humanity!"

"Er... You must have the wrong guy."

"You can control the Corruption, can you not?"

"I, er, I can... but, I'm just like anyone else... If I'm anything, I'm less."

"Hah! Exactly... We will have plenty of time to write your story in the books. Many humans have perceived you as inferior and inadequate and I'm sure that enrages you... but, ahem, my Lord, I welcome you to your throne. Sit and relax-"
*Glass breaking!*

"Oops... Hey, that wasn't important was it?"

"Corn, come on!"

"You imbecile! That artifact was irreplaceable! I'll have you sent to the deep pits of hell!"

"Hey, chill!"

"Huh? My Lord, he dishonors our sacred place of worship. Surely you understand more than anyone that is punishment by death, right?"

"What? No, it was an accident. No need to overreact-"
*Glass breaking!*

"Damn, these things are really slippery. Oh... It erm... It was like that already."

I sigh as the man holds in his anger.

"Lord, he mustn't remain here."

"Who are you?"

"My apologies. I go by many names, however, you may call me Draknovich."

"Uhuh... Look... I don't care to be apart of whatever this is you're doing here."

"B-But... No! We've waited so long for you; I've waited so long for you! You surely must be here to take your throne and inaugurate a fresh realm."

"No... Listen, you can believe whatever you want to. I may not be exactly what you pictured and what you offer may be nice... Nevertheless, I'm here for one reason and I'd hope you could help me. I think everyone would benefit from this."

"Of course... Yes, of course! You are here on a mission to save us! We were all placed here to assist our lord. I cannot believe how oblivious I was to the circumstances you must be in. Whatever you desire, our forces will put our lives on the line for our savior. What do you wish of us?"

"Erm."

I look to Corn as he is admiring some artwork on the wall. The art is a huge dog pile, half of the pile humans, the other half Corrupted. However, one stands on top, shining bright through the storm surrounding him. His right half is Corrupted and his left remains human. He has his Corruption reaching for the sky...

Wow...

It is a lot like how I use my Corruption...

I look back at the old man, desperate to do anything for me. He really sees a god in me. People are really devoted to this and I mean they literally base their lives around this belief. They even make art of what they believe. Who am I to tear apart what they believe; to tear apart their way of life.

I let out one last sigh...

"I'm banished here. I need help in bringing back our General. This means we need a riot. We need to collect our people and the people of the military. We will have a peaceful protest until force is required."

The old man's eyes shine...

"Yes, my Lord. I will collect our people."

"Now, listen carefully. We do not need to convert non-believers nor do we need to hurt them. We need their help so I can save the world and our fellow Corrupted brothers and sisters. So get our people to support a protest for Carter and gain trust. Once that's done, I can proceed with my mission."

"Yes, my Lord. We will gladly serve."

.......

After a bit of persuading and organizing these people who worship me began riots and protests. I just hope we gain popularity and support from the people. Corn and I remain inside the throne room...

"Dude... How did you do that?"

"Well, It wasn't hard. They were all over me and, as I quote, would put their lives on the line for me."

"Yeah, they have lots of nifty things in here. I made this while you were out there talking to them."

"What in the hell!"

Corn pulls out a gun handle that quickly formed a very long gold and pearl sniper. Chunks of the gun were pulled together by blue electric bolts as though they were magnetic.

"Yeah, I may have used all of their artifacts and made them into this beast of a gun. I infused some of my special piercing bullets into it and it was weird. The gun superpowered the bullets and now it shoots like a cannon. It looked to be about ten thousand miles per hour."

I facepalm. I'm out of words for this whole situation...

"Corn, that's five times the speed of a bullet."

"I'm aware. This thing could Peirce damn near anything."

"Corn, you destroyed their prized possessions!"

"But they stole them first."

"Huh?"

"They took it from stores underground because it came from dead Corrupted. They think it's the essence of someone's soul."

"Wait, then why did you destroy it? I thought you believe in that shit!"

"I didn't say that. I said it's an interesting theory and I liked it. I personally think it's ridiculous."

I'm literally out of words. He makes no sense to me half the time and his brain seems to be in another world.

"Corn... You really are something."

"I guess."

"My lord!"

"Draknovich? What's wrong?"

Draknovich seems to be out of breath and he's bloodied up!

"They... They are killing so many... our... kind... The Warriors... Everyone is dying!"

"Hey, chill out. Breathe! You need to talk to me. What's going on."

"General has sent the steel guards... She's killing everyone. The Warriors tried to help defend us but she."

"..."

"She killed them too!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 19K 39
Five years ago, Gabrielle left Castle Rock to follow her high school sweetheart and the father of her child to college. After he walks out of their l...
1.3K 103 33
Higest rank #114 "What? Are you out of your mind? Why? Why so suddenly? Everything was going so well. What happened so suddenly?" As if her tears cou...
101 29 12
A story about love, hate and greed. What is love when you can't even love yourself? What is worth when you don't even value yourself. What is hate wh...
REMINISCENT By

Teen Fiction

572 2 38
CHAPTERS EDITED☑️ "Do i remember?" I stare back confused "Do you remember..." she starts then looks down contemplating whether she should continue or...