Star Wars One-Shots

By MagicGoldenFlower

Basically a place to put all of my random thoughts about Star Wars. Includes short stories and I'm willing to... More

Intro
A New Face
Young Luke
Smooth Delivery
Alternative Reality
Senses
Bad Padawan
I'm Here
Haunting Memories
Leaving
Old Friend
Modern AU
You Were My Brother
Stolen Kisses (Obitine)
Rebels
Beach Day
Busy Trips Usually End With Sleeping Tots
Star Gazing At Loved Ones
My Fault
Bad Omen
It Will Pass In Time
Padawan Crossing
Losing Faith In Himself
White Lily (Obitine)
Spectre-6 Is Stagnant
Trust in the Force
Meeting Spectre-7 (S7S)
Baby Duty (S7S)
Toddler Tossing (S7S)
Our Lineage
He never misses (Bad Batch)
The Cost of Loyalty (Bad Batch) (Pt1)
Rescuing the Unexpected (Bad Batch) (Pt2)
Bad Batch Halloween
The Mother He Deserves
And I Miss You Like a Little Kid
Luck of the Draw (crosshair x reader)
luck of the draw 2
Luck of the draw 3
I Live to Make You Free
Not Something That Has To Be Earned

Homebound

456 8 6
By MagicGoldenFlower

After saying their many goodbyes to all of their friends, the joyful couple nearly skips to their spaceship. After being together for a few years, they finally decided to make it official with a wedding. An exclusive wedding, to be exact. Not just anyone was allowed to see them off.

And although they had a fabulous time seeing all of their friends, they were grateful to go away for their honeymoon. They were going to fly the galaxy from planet to planet, visiting every green-covered world. 

"Where are we off to first, my love?" Rey asks, hopping into the seat beside her husband.

"It's a surprise," Ben replies with a smile.

"No. You know I hate surprises." She playfully whines, making Ben chuckle.

"Don't worry. We won't be there for very long. It's just a spot that I've always wanted to go to." He says, logging it into the navigation.

"Alright. I guess you can have a say in one destination." She teases as she brushes her dark locks from her face.

"Really? You're the best." He grins as he grabs her face and kisses her cheek. She laughs, trying to push him away, but he just won't stop.

"I know, I know. I'm a very generous person." She smiles as he lets go. She lets out a sigh as he moves to put the ship into hyperspeed. "I'm going to go take a nap. Wake me when we arrive at your super-secret location." She says as she rises from her seat. She pats his shoulder as she exits the cockpit, leaving Ben alone to think.

As he sits in silence, his current thoughts come flooding back to him. Though the wedding was beautiful and exciting, he couldn't help but miss his family. He wishes his mother could have been there to see them off. He wishes he could have seen the smile on his dad's face when he heard the news of their engagement. He wishes he could have heard his uncle's voice congratulating him.

Ben lowers his head, guilt beginning to wash over him. All of them are gone because of him. He killed his father. He's the one who sent his uncle into exile. And although he wasn't the cause of his mother's death, he still feels the guilt of it. He should have been there to hold her hand and comfort her in her going. Everyone told him that she died of old age or that she had gotten sick. He knows that she really died of a broken heart, a broken heart he caused.

A few familiar faces were at the wedding though. Chewie, R2, and C3P0 made sure to be there every step of the way. For once, all of C3P0's knowledge of etiquette came in handy when organizing the wedding and planning the meals. Chewie acted as his father figure, helping him to prepare for their big day. Although weddings aren't really R2 specialty, he did an amazing job supporting everyone and giving out commands. 

Before he knows it, the navigation begins to beep at him. He jumps from his thoughts, looking at the system. They are already arriving at the destination. His stomach drops as he takes a deep breath and pulls them out of hyperspeed. Slowly, the planet grows in front of him.

He goes to the back of the ship. Gently, he shakes Rey's shoulder. "Rey, wake up." He quietly says.

"Hmm?" She asks, sitting up and looking around.

"We're here. It's time to get up, love." He explains, helping her to sit up. She rubs her brown eyes, trying to wake up. 

"That didn't take to long. Unless I slept through lunch." She says, making him laugh and shake his head.

"No. I promise I would have woke you up for lunch. I know how hangry you can get." He says as she stands up. She gives him a gentle smile as she stretches out her shoulders. She twists her body, making sure to loosen her back.

"Alright. Let's go roll around in that green grass." She cheers, hitting his shoulder. She bounces to the doors, not waiting for Ben.

"Yeah, not sure how much green you're going to find here." He says as the door opens to the outside world.

"A desert?" She asks, walking out onto the sandy planet. The wind rustles her hair, whipping it back and forth. She takes her hand, holding it over her eyes as a shield. "Where are we?"

"Tatooine," Ben answers, stepping outside of the ship. He stands still, looking around the planet.

"What's here?" Rey asks, walking to him. "Buried Jedi treasure?" She teases, hoping to bring a smile to his face. But nothing comes. He's still emotionless, his brown eyes studying the land around him. "Ben?" She quietly asks, gently touching his arm.

"My mother's home planet, Alderaan, was blown up a few years prior to the fall of the Empire." He starts, his eyes still locked on the horizon. "This is the planet that my uncle and grandfather grew up on. My family has always treated Tatooine as our home planet, though no one but my uncle has ever really lived here."

"It's not much to look at," Rey says, her arm locking around his. "But, it's your home. It's special to you. To us."

Ben nods, tears forming in his eyes. "I've always been told stories of this planet. This is the first time I've ever set foot on it."

Rey stays silent, letting him take it in. Though he hasn't told her, she knows that he feels guilty about none of his family being able to attend the wedding. He feels responsible for their deaths and he'll never forgive himself for it. Maybe the trip to this planet will serve as some solace.

"There's a small hut. Let's go over there and introduce ourselves." She says, pointing off into the distance. Without speaking, Ben follows her to the hut buried in the sand. When they arrive, an elderly woman is cleaning the inside. "Hello." Rey greets, her arm still locked around Ben's.

"Hello. What are you two doing out here in the middle of nowhere?" She asks, setting down her broom.

"I suppose we could ask you the same." Rey softly smiles. "We've come here to see the Skywalker settlement."

"Skywalker?" She asks, furrowing her eyebrows. "No Skywalker has lived her in years. The last ones were buried years ago. Just over the hill, you can find their headstones.

"Thank you." Rey nods, leading Ben out of the hut. Quietly, they make their way to the site. Sure enough, there are four headstones. Shmi Skywalker, Owen Lars, Beru Lars, and one unnamed. "Who is Shmi?" She asks.

"I don't know," Ben answers, finally speaking. "I do remember my uncle occasionally talking about living with his Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. They must have had a different last name from him."

"Shmi must have passed away before Luke was around then if he doesn't remember her," Rey says, gently patting Ben's arm. Though she knows this won't be enough to make Ben feel better, she can only hope this helps.

"I want to bury their lightsabers here, with the rest of the family," Ben says, taking them out of his pocket.

"I do too. I think they all belong together." Rey nods. Carefully, the two of them wrap the lightsabers in a piece of fabric taken from Han's jacket. This way, all of them could be buried together. 

They silently stand above the opening to the lightsabers. Without saying another word, they solemnly bury the lightsabers in the sand, feeling peace settle among them. It feels right to have them be together on the planet they all considered home.

"There's one more place I need to go," Ben says, turning his attention to Rey.

"Where? I thought only Luke lived here?"

"I don't know. Something's telling me that I need to go just past the ridge." He says, slightly blinking his eyes in confusion. "I don't know what could be over there, but I won't feel complete until I go check it out."

"Sure. Of course." Rey nods, walking with him in the direction of the ridge. 

Eventually, they see another hut in the distance. "What is that doing all of the way out here?" Rey asks, stopping to look at the scene. It is all alone, completely hidden from the rest of the planet. 

"I'm not sure," Ben says. "But we need to go check it out." 

So they continue to the hut. Once they finally pry the door open, memories flood the two of them. They hold their heads in pain, the memories hitting them like a spaceship.

"I have something here for you. Your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough, but your uncle wouldn't allow it. He feared you might follow old Obi-Wan on some damn-fool idealistic crusade, like your father did."

"What is it?"

"Your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age."

They both let out a gasp, clutching each other as the memory ends. "Did you see that?" Rey asks, fear coursing through her veins. The last time anything like that happened was when she held Luke's lightsaber. 

"I did." Ben quickly nods. "That was my uncle. I know it was."

"I recognize the other voice," Rey says, biting on her lower lip. "I don't know from where though. But I know it."

"Where are we? What is this place?" Ben asks, walking further inside.

"The Force is strong here, that's for sure," Rey says, following behind him. "But why this place? What's so special about it?"

Suddenly, they cry out in pain again. More memories hit them, harder this time.

"Now, let's see if we can't figure out what you are, my little friend, and where you come from."

"I saw part of a message--"

"I seem to have found it."

"General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire. I regret that I am unable to present my father's request in person. But my ship has fallen under attack and I'm afraid my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed. I have placed information vital to the survival of the rebellion into the memory systems of this R2 unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this droid safely delivered to him on Alderaan. This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope."

Rey stumbles to Ben, holding onto him tightly. The pounding in her head calms as the memory fades away. "Ben, what is happening? Let's leave. I don't like this."

"My uncle taught us about Obi-Wan Kenobi," Ben says, realization forming on his face. "Yes, my uncle said that he taught him about the Force. This must be his home." 

"Who is Obi-Wan?" Rey asks, confused. Though she is glad that Ben is learning more about his past, she can't help but get lost. She was not taught about the Jedi while on Jakku.

"Obi-Wan is the Jedi I was named after. My uncle only knew him as Ben while living on Tatooine." Ben quickly explains as he moves around the room, trying to take in everything. "This is where I was called to come. This is where I can learn to become at peace with what I've done."

"That's great, Ben." Rey smiles. Before she can react, he picks her up and holds her tight. 

"This is where we will live after our journey around the galaxy." Ben cheers, making her laugh as he spins her around.

"I know I always said I would never go anywhere near sand again, but I can live with this." Rey laughs, holding on tight to Ben. She places her head on his shoulder as he stops spinning. 

"I love you," Ben whispers. Who else would live on a desert planet in the middle of nowhere with him? He knows that he has a lot to be thankful for, Rey being at the top of that list.

"I love you, too." She replies, her lips finding his.

~~~~~~~~~~

Soooo this is my first attempt at some Kylo and Rey stuff. There will be more in the future because I had a lot of fun writing this!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 141 26
I will accept requests, but like every other writer I do haves rules/boundaries. I hope y'all enjoy!
23.4K 216 33
❝𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖 𝙗𝙖𝙙 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨.❞ 『 a collection of one shots set in the SW universe - all movies + series featured. 』 🏆...
849 16 10
A fan fiction that was meant to be one shots but I got too invested with my first chapter and now it's a integrate story. The clone wars are draggin...
14K 181 28
Requests are: Closed A book full of one shots (sometimes with a second part) that I write for different characters in Star Wars, including all the mo...