Star Wars One-Shots

By MagicGoldenFlower

Basically a place to put all of my random thoughts about Star Wars. Includes short stories and I'm willing to... More

Intro
A New Face
Young Luke
Alternative Reality
Homebound
Senses
Bad Padawan
I'm Here
Haunting Memories
Leaving
Old Friend
Modern AU
You Were My Brother
Stolen Kisses (Obitine)
Rebels
Beach Day
Busy Trips Usually End With Sleeping Tots
Star Gazing At Loved Ones
My Fault
Bad Omen
It Will Pass In Time
Padawan Crossing
Losing Faith In Himself
White Lily (Obitine)
Spectre-6 Is Stagnant
Trust in the Force
Meeting Spectre-7 (S7S)
Baby Duty (S7S)
Toddler Tossing (S7S)
Our Lineage
He never misses (Bad Batch)
The Cost of Loyalty (Bad Batch) (Pt1)
Rescuing the Unexpected (Bad Batch) (Pt2)
Bad Batch Halloween
The Mother He Deserves
And I Miss You Like a Little Kid
Luck of the Draw (crosshair x reader)
luck of the draw 2
Luck of the draw 3
I Live to Make You Free
Not Something That Has To Be Earned

Smooth Delivery

678 16 5
By MagicGoldenFlower

The sun is barely peeking over the horizon. Soft oranges and yellows start to cut through the light gray sky. Anxiety looms over the house tucked away deep on the planet of Naboo. Though they've done well at keeping their secret, they can no longer contain it.

"Anakin," Padmé pants, holding his hand. "It's time. The baby is coming."

"I can handle this. You'll be alright." He insists, holding her hand. Sweat condenses on her forehead and trails down the side of her face. He knows they have to keep this secret. No one can know of their child or there will be hell to pay.

"I trust you." She says. "But you can't deliver this baby alone. We must get help." She softly says, her eyes drifting shut.

"Who can I tell, Padmé?" Anakin replies. He would do anything for her. If she wants help, he will get it for her. He wants to make this as painless as possible for his love.

"Obi-Wan. We can trust him." She says. "Please, Anakin. Hurry. I don't know how much longer I can wait."

He rushes from her side. He must contact Obi-Wan immediately or his visions might come true. Though he hasn't told Padmé, Anakin has been having nightmares of her dying during childbirth. He must do what he can to save her. She must survive.

"Anakin, where are you? I've been trying to contact you for days." Obi-Wan says, appearing on Anakin's hologram.

"I don't have much time. It's Padmé. She's gone into labor and I don't know how much longer she has until our child arrives. Please, hurry, Obi-Wan. You're our only hope." Anakin pleads. He doesn't care if their cover has been blown. All he cares about his child and Padmé.

"I'll come to Naboo as fast as I can." Obi-Wan nods. "She will be alright, just hold on."

Once the hologram disappears, Anakin returns to Padmé's side. "He's on his way. He will help us, Padmé." He says, brushing her hair from her face.

She smiles. "Good. I told you he cares about us."

"I only worry about what will happen to us once this is over. What should happen to you and the Senate and me and the Jedi Order?" He asks. It is forbidden for Jedi to love. Yet he married Padmé and is having a child with her.

"Let's not worry about that at that moment." She says, patting his hand. "We should worry about what gender our child will be." She gentle chuckles. They have been spending the last few days making preparations for their baby. Arguments took place over whether it should be pink or blue. They went with a soft green, a neutral color.

He smiles, letting out a soft sigh. "I've already told you, love. Our child will be a gorgeous baby girl with brown eyes that sparkle like yours."

She shakes her head with a grin. "It will be a little boy. He will have the sandy blond hair you had when we first met on Tatooine."

"You are wrong. I know there is a spunky girl just waiting to meet us. You will see." He insists, gently kissing her forehead and placing a hand on her stomach.

"You will see that you are wrong. There will be a troublesome boy here by sunset." She argues. Just outside, they hear a ship landing. Anakin rises from beside her bed.

"Obi-Wan is here." He says before he leaves the room to go greet him. Before he can even reach the ship, Obi-Wan has hopped out and bolted toward the house.

"I hope I'm not too late," Obi-Wan says, following Anakin back into the house.

"No, master. You arrived just on time. The baby will be here soon." He explains, leading him to the bedroom. He stops just outside the room, his eyes trained on the ground.

"She will be alright," Obi-Wan says, placing a hand on Anakin's shoulder. He can sense the fear building in him.

"It's not just her being in labor, Obi-Wan."

"What is it then, Anakin?"

"I've had visions of her dying in childbirth. What if it comes true, just like it did my mother? What if I can't stop her from dying? I can't go on without her, Obi-Wan. I just can't." Anakin says, tears building in his eyes. "I don't care what happens, you just can't let her or the child die."

"I won't. I will keep them safe." Obi-Wan replies. Softly, he enters the room, Anakin staying outside. He doesn't want to be in there in case something does go wrong and he can't fix it.

Padmé is laying on her bed, deep breathing. Obi-Wan walks to her side, gently holding her hand. "Thank you, Obi-Wan." She says just above a whisper.

"Don't thank me quite yet. We still have to deliver the child." He says, moving to help her sit up.

"I've been waiting for you. But, I am ready now. I am ready to have our baby." She groans, the pressure resuming on her lower abdomen.

Anakin paces outside the room, waiting for something to happen. He can hear Padmé crying inside, but he refuses to enter. He can not watch her be in pain. He runs his hands down his face, able to hear Obi-Wan talking to her. When will the child arrive? When will this pain be over for Padmé?

Suddenly, a cry echoes out. Anakin bursts into the room, seeing Obi-Wan holding the child. "It's a boy." He smiles, handing the child to Anakin.

A smile breaks out on his face as he holds his child in his arms. A little boy. Their little boy was safely delivered and Padmé isn't dead. He slowly walks to Padmé's side. "A boy. You were right." He chuckles, showing her the baby.

"Luke." She smiles, gently caressing her baby's head. "Oh, Luke." She grins, tears pooling in her eyes. She lets out a loud groan, tossing her head back.

"Obi-Wan, what's happening?" Anakin demands, turning to look at his master.

"There's another child." He answers. He looks at Padmé. "I'm going to need you to push again, Padmé."

"Okay." She moans, her eyes pinched shut.

"Obi-Wan, she's not ready. She just had Luke."

"I didn't decide this. Your child did." He argues.

"Don't make her do this yet. She needs to build up her strength." Anakin insists, seeing the pain on his wife's face. Just when he thought she was safe from harm, she has another child to deliver. He can't take this risk and let her do this when she is weak from the last delivery.

"I know what I'm doing."

"Anakin, please." Padmé cries out. "I can do this, I'm alright."

"No. I can't let you."

"Anakin, leave the room or I will make you." Obi-Wan shouts. "We are doing this now whether you like it or not."

Knowing he has no option but to leave, he takes Luke out of the room with him. He closes the door behind him, staring down at his son. As he stares at his child's face, everything begins to dawn on him.

This is his little boy.

"Luke." He quietly says, holding out a finger to him. Luke holds tight, making Anakin grin. He holds the child tighter, never wanting to part with him. "I can't believe it. Your mother was right. She never beats him in anything."

Luke makes a soft noise in his arms. Tears pool in Anakin's eyes. "I love you so much, Luke." He softly whispers. "I won't let anyone harm you. I promise."

A cry fills the room again, making him jump. Luke lets out a whine, wiggling in his arms. Anakin enters to see the next child being placed in Padmé's arms. He walks over, seeing Obi-Wan and Padmé grinning. "You have a girl as well." Obi-Wan cheers.

"Leia," Anakin responds, staring at her face. "I want to name her Leia."

"They are very beautiful," Obi-Wan says, his eyes landing on Luke.

"Hold him," Anakin says, leaning towards Obi-Wan. "You're going to be like his grandpa."

"Thanks. That doesn't make me feel old." Obi-Wan chuckles as Luke is placed in his arms. He wraps the blanket a bit tighter around him before holding him closer.

"We won't have them call you Grandpa. You will be Uncle Obi." Padmé smiles as Anakin takes Leia from her arms. Padmé gently closes her eyes, wanting some rest. "Afterall, I don't think this delivery would have gone as smooth as it did without you."

"I hope you know this means you'll have to spoil them." Anakin teases as he gently touches Leia's cheek. Just like be guessed, Padmé was carrying a little girl. Who could have known they would both be right?

"If they're anything like you, spoiling them will be the last thing I do. Not sure I can go through it all again."

"Come on, I wasn't that bad."

"You don't know the half of it." Obi-Wan laughs. "But, since I am going to be their favorite uncle, I suppose some spoiling won't be bad. Maybe I'll give them their first lightsabers."

"They aren't going anywhere near those things," Anakin says. "They could cut their arms clean off."

Obi-Wan nods his head then leans down closer to Luke. "Don't worry. We'll keep it a secret between us."

"You know I'll just find out," Anakin says as Obi-Wan hands Luke back to Padmé. "You have never been able to keep a secret from me."

"To make up for lying about giving Luke a lightsaber, you should buy us another crib. Thought we were only going to need one, but we were very wrong." Padmé cuts in, catching them off guard as she takes Luke in her arms.

"I suppose that can fit in my budget. Wouldn't want one of these precious babes to not have a bed." Obi-Wan says as he walks towards the door. "I'll go find one and come back."

Once he leaves, Anakin looks over at Padmé. "He's going to spoil the hell out of them."

"Definitely. He's never going to come here and visit us. It'll be for these two." She smiles before kissing Luke's head. "Lucky little pups."

~~~~~~~~~

Sooooooo yeah. Obsessed with Star Wars? Possibly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 19 11
A fan fiction that was meant to be one shots but I got too invested with my first chapter and now it's a integrate story. The clone wars are draggin...
334 0 15
What If Rey was introduced as a mandalorian princess and not a scavenger? What if Finn was a mandalorian soldier and served under her? What if Rey's...
2.2K 13 30
Starting Star Wars requests!!! I'll only write for these characters Obi-wan Kenobi Yoda Han Solo Luke Skywalker Comments are really appreciated 🥰...
1.4K 18 11
Learn About Star Wars. Thats it Enjoy