A Miraculous Year at Hogwarts...

By orphan_account111

[Abandoned, if you would like to continue it, go ahead] Love square?✔️ Other ships?✔️ Hawkmoth?✔️ Hogwarts?✔️... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Uh oh
2 years later... i return

Chapter 30

561 13 14
By orphan_account111

"3,2,1!"

Chloe began firing the simple spells they learned from their first-year textbook. Marinette easily used nonverbal counterspells. She had expected this to be an easy fight. Chloe just got angrier at Marinette's ease. She seemed so relaxed, just casually moving her arm to block Chloe's spells. She then decided to fight more aggressively, rapidly firing spells at the bluenette hoping to catch her off guard, to no avail. The Gryffindor's cheered for Marinette as the Slytherin's groaned at Chloe's incompetence. Marinette was rather bored. She really hoped this would be harder. She decided to go on the offense instead.

"Petrificus Totalus!" Chloe froze at the spell hitting her. The Gryffindors roared with laughter when they saw her face. "Pisces caput!" The rest of the class joined in when Chloe's head transformed into one of a fish. Professor Ramier's eyes widened.

"Enough! Miss Dupain-Cheng, fix her immediately!" He yelled. Marinette giggled before using the counter curse.

"Normalis capitis!" She cried out. Chloe's head returned and the girl began to gasp for breath.

"Class dismissed! Miss Dupain-Cheng, please stay after class!" Professor Ramier was furious. Alya gave her a look of sympathy before leaving with everyone else. "Where did you learn that spell?"

Most people did not know this but Marinette's father, Tom, was a brilliant wizard. He taught himself Latin and passed his knowledge onto his daughter. His hobby: he created spells that often backfired. When Marinette was bored, she often did that too. Except they actually worked. She taught them to Adrien in training, in order to catch the Imperio victims by surprise. She wasn't planning on using them in class, she just forgot they were her creations.

   "I'm really sorry professor. It was a harmless transfiguration jinx. It didn't hurt Chloe at all!" She pleaded with him.

   "You didn't answer my question. Where did you learn that spell? I've never heard of such a thing, and I'm sure I'll get the same answer from your transfiguration teacher." Marinette frowned, knowing she couldn't get out of this.

   "I created it. It's just a hobby I do. I knew it was harmless, I've tested it many times and it's completely safe." She explained. The professor had a look of shock.

   "What- how?" He took a seat behind his desk. "You're only a first year! Some wizards live their entire lives not being able to create a spell. You can't just go around creating spells willy nilly. You don't know the risks or consequences. And what if there isn't a counter curse? Have you thought of that?"

   "As I said before Professor, I don't just go around creating spells 'willy nilly'! I go through an extensive testing process in order to perfect it!" Marinette raised her voice at him.

   "I've dealt with your bad attitude all year Miss Dupain-Cheng and I've had enough! You-" He was interrupted as Headmaster Fu walked into the classroom. "Ah, Professor Fu. I was just about to send Miss Dupain-Cheng to your office and recommend disciplinary actions."

"Really? I was about to congratulate Marinette on winning the duel against Miss Bourgeois. I also wanted to know about her unique skill of creating spells. She is quite the prodigy, isn't she?" The headmaster smiled at her. Marinette let out a sigh of relief. She wasn't in trouble.

"I was just explaining to her the dangers of creating spells, sir." Professor Ramier interjected.

"I believe Miss Dupain-Cheng is quite capable. She is far more advanced than any witch I have ever seen. I believe she already knows." He directed her attention to her, "You should go on to your next class. Don't worry, you're not in trouble." She smiled gratefully at him before hurrying out of the classroom. She saw Nino, Alya, and Adrien standing outside laughing.

"You should have seen her Marinette," Alya said in between laughs, "There was steam coming out of her ears and everyone is calling her Flounder now!" Marinette laughed along with them.

"What did Ramier want?" Nino asked her when they all calmed down. The group began to walk to their next class as she explained.

"I think he wanted to expel me. He hasn't liked me since the first day and he wants me gone. Creating my own spells was going to be his excuse." Adrien shook his head.

"Professor Fu walked up to me and asked where you were. I said you were getting scolded by him and he rushed in looking angry." Adrien snickered, "I guess you're his favorite student, making you virtually untouchable." They turned around when they saw Marinette stop walking.

"He was looking for me? Do you think he had news about..." She trailed off. "But he sent me to my next class? It must not be important, right?" They all agreed quickly, not wanting her to worry.

"Let's go guys, we're gonna be late!"

• • •

"Okay so here's the plan," Adrien laid out a map of the school in the Great Hall. He and Nino sat with Kim and his friends. A Ravenclaw, Max, a Hufflepuff, Nathaniel, and a Slytherin, Ivan. Adrien recognized Ivan as the first Imperio victim, but he didn't bring it up. "There are myths about the Shrieking Shack. That a monster has been residing there for decades. No students go there from fear of it. But we are." Kim and Nino fist-bumped and Max shook his head.

   "We won't find anything, it's simply a myth. And if we do, we have a 2% chance of living." Max explained. Kim laughed and slapped his friend's back.

   "We leave at sundown. That's when the beast comes out." Adrien made spooky motions with his hands, as an attempt to be scary. Nino rolled his eyes at the blonde's goofiness.

   "Dress warm, it's cold outside," Nathaniel added. They all nodded and agreed to regroup in the courtyard right before it gets dark. Across the Great Hall, a similar conversation was happening at the Hufflepuff table. There sat Marinette, Alya, Juleka, Alix, Mylene, and Rose.

   "Marinette no!! That's a horrible idea!" Rose exclaimed when the Gryffindor stopped talking. "We could get in so much trouble for this!" Alya smirked.

   "Marinette is nearly every teacher, including Headmaster Fu's, favorite student. She won't get in trouble." Alya chuckled. At this point, all the teachers that Fu trusted knew of Marinette's and Adrien's departure. And if caught by another teacher, Fu will intervene.

   "Not only that but this is dangerous! We could die!" Rose continued.

   "You don't have to come Rose, it's just a nighttime hike in the forbidden forest," Marinette pointed out, "That goes for all of you."

   "Where's your sense of adventure Rose? It'll be a night we will remember forever!" Alix said, nudging her arm. They all looked to the blonde Hufflepuff, waiting for an answer.

   "Fine! But if we get in trouble, I was forced to come." She sighed, "I'm going to go work on that potions essay before I don't have a hand to write it with!" She huffed in defeat and walked away from the group, the girls giggling at her dramatics.

"In all seriousness, what if we get hurt? Or what if," Mylene lowered her voice to a whisper, "An Imperio victim comes after us? How will Ladybug or Chat Noir find us out there?"

"We're witches Mylene! If we get hurt Marinette can Wingardium LeviOsa our asses back to the school. And I'm sure Ladybug and Chat Noir would find us in an emergency." Alya raised her eyebrows at Mari, causing a kick to her from underneath the table.

"I have to go to Quidditch practice, I hope to see you all later." Marinette smiled and ran out of the Great Hall. Not paying attention to where she was going, she ran straight into the back of someone.

"Hey Mari, ready for practice?" The blonde she stumbled into asked her. The flustered girl nodded quickly. "Funny, you seemed to get over your clumsiness recently. You're reverting."

"I was just distracted." She rolled her eyes.

"Couldn't help but stare at my beauty M'lady." He teased, flashing a smile. She laughed when he bowed while holding the door for her.

"You seem to be reverting back to your flirty ways too!" Once she realized what was happening, the bluenette quickened her pace. She had to stop, she had to stop engaging with his flirts. It was torture to have him so close yet stay far away. Flirting made it worse.

"Slow down Marinette, we're not late yet." Adrien frowned as he caught up to her. She didn't respond so the two walked the rest of the way in silence.

Quidditch practice went smoothly. The Gryffindor team was no doubt the strongest of the houses. The Keeper, Aurore, was not one to let anything get past her, Adrien and the other chasers were spectacular, as usual. Too bad they would probably lose their last game. How would they even get hurt? Marinette grew worried Fu expected her to fall off her broom from all the way up in the air. It made her sad to think that after practicing all year, this is how the quidditch season will end. She felt selfish to think like that, quidditch is so small compared to a crazy evil wizard. Marinette watched as her teammates shrunk into tiny dots below her, she just needed a minute. A moment to breathe. As she flew above them all, the bluenette knew this would be her last chance to relax before all hell breaks lose.

1590 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

834K 32.3K 103
^*Miraculous Ladybug*^ Ladybug X Chat Noir From the TV Series Miraculous Ladybug, just wanted to hop on the OTP train before it left the station. 10...
39.3K 1.1K 56
in which marinette and chat noir spend all their free time together and realize they are in love. love, however, kinda sucks at times. they realize t...
1.7K 44 12
Marinette's Sudden disappearance , rumored to be death after the last battle with hawkmoth caused an overwhelming ache in Adrien's heart , he starts...
130K 3.9K 27
Paris' favorite Marinette Dupain-Cheng has gone missing for good, and Cat Noir just can't settle with the fact that no one seems to care, but he will...