Dear Nate {Dear #1}

By danamayfield

Alison Collins is in a coma and now Nate has her journal. Nate never expected for Alison's brother to give hi... More

Dear Nate
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 31-
-Chapter 33-
-Epilogue-

-Chapter 32-

6.8K 479 79
By danamayfield

Here's the next part. Thank you guys so much for getting this into all bolds--it means so much to me!

Dear Nate has about three chapters left. I can't believe this is coming to an end. I hope you all enjoy this chapter and what I finish with this story. There will not be a squel, but I was thinking of a spin off where Nate and Alison will be minor characters. What would you think of that? Let me know in the comments below.

Hope you enjoy this--I know you will (wink, wink)

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

Thank you

-DANA

________________________

NOT EDITED

_________________________

Her face is full of shock as she looks away from me to look around me. Josh and Olivia have satisfied grins on their face. Alison covers her mouth with her hand as she turns around, still examining her surroundings.

            “Our work here is done,” Josh says, waving goodbye to me and patting Alison on the back before leaving with Olivia.

            She turns back to me, still in awe. “You did all of this? For me?”

            I nod, stepping closer. “Yeah. You never had a prom and you deserve one.” I look at her dress, making her seem like Cinderella. “You look beautiful.”

            She blushes, looking down at her dress. “Thanks,” she says, smiling up at me. “You look handsome.”

            I do a spin. “What can I say?” I tease, enjoying seeing the smile on her face.

            Alison chuckles, shaking her head. “You’re something else.”

            I reach my hand out to her. “Come on. We can eat then do some dancing. I must warn you though; I’m a pretty good dancer.”

            “Is that right?” she asks, keeping me entertained by keeping with the joke. Alison gives me her hand and I lead her to the table where I have pizza already there.

            I nod, pulling out her chair and pushing her in when she sits down. “Yeah. I can totally be in Step Up if I wanted to.” We get our pizza slices and put them on our plates.

            One of her eyebrows rises. “How do you know about Step Up? That’s what I want to know.”

            “Eliza made all of us watch it one night. She loves Channing Tatum.”

            “He is cute,” Alison adds, taking a bite out of her pizza.

            We eat the pizza, neither of us getting any sauce on our clothes which I’m grateful for. We take our garbage and throw it away before I start to get nerves. My palms become sweating so I wipe them on my pants. I turn the music up a little louder and hold out my hand to Alison.

            “Do you want to dance?” I ask, hoping I don’t look like a sweating and nervous idiot.

            Nonetheless, Alison nods and gives me her hand. I pull her close, intertwining our fingers together as my other arm wraps around her waist. I can sense Alison’s nerves as well when she tenses. She brings her other hand up and rests it on my shoulder. Her touch sending chills down my spine. We dance slowly to the music, just taking in each other’s movements.

            When the music switches to a more upbeat song, we don’t change our rhythm. Alison moves her hand from mine so she can wound her arms around my neck so it’s easier to see each other’s faces. She smiles up at me and I do the same. Both of my arms go around her waist, my hands caressing her back and moving to her hips. I don’t make a move to bring her closer because I don’t want to scare her, but she does all on her own. Alison steps closer so our fronts are touching, nothing sexual about at all, but more innocent. Her fingers start brushing the hair at the nape of my neck, causing goose bumps to run down my skin. It feels nice having her light touch, feels intimate. I lean my head down and rest my forehead against Alison’s.

            “Thank you,” she whispers. “For everything—being there for me at the hospital, helping me with my work, coming to my party even though we weren’t on good terms, and especially now. I mean, you planned a prom just for me. That’s crazy.”

            I tighten my arms around her. “I’d do anything for you Alison and I’m kicking myself for not realizing that sooner.” I move my face so it’s in the crook of her neck and she does the same.

            “It doesn’t matter,” she says. “We’re here now. That’s all that matters.”

            I kiss her neck gently. Alison gasps, but doesn’t pull away. At this point, I don’t even hear the music—only focusing on Alison. One of my hands travel up her back to rest at the back of her neck. I lean my head back so I can look at her face. Her eyes are closed, but slowly flutter open. She sees how close we are and bites her lip.

            My hand on her neck moves to cup her cheek. Her breath fans across my face. I stare at her lips, wanting to kiss her for the first time since everything started. Before I can make a move, Alison leans up and presses her lips against mine. It’s a light touch before she pulls away slightly, looking up at me with uncertainty. I catch myself smiling before kissing her, pulling her even closer. She inhales in surprise before relaxing into the kiss, her fingers grabbing onto my hair.

            As we got used to each other it was awkward, but now we have a rhythm down. We don’t deepen the kiss because this kissing is just enough. After a while we both pull away, smiling our butts off.

            “I still can’t believe this is happening,” she says a little out of breath. “You of all people will be here with me.”

            I’m now cupping her face with both of my hands. “Well get used to it because it’s happening and I’m not giving up so easily this time.”

            Tears gather in her eyes and once they fall I’m there to wipe them away. “I’m such a sappy mess,” she groans, looking away in embarrassment.

            I chuckle, shaking my head. “No you’re not.”

            “Yes I am, but thank you.”

            I lean in and kiss her damp cheeks before pecking the tip of her nose. Alison lets out a breathy laugh. “I have a question to ask you.”

            “What is it?” she asks, her hands resting on my sides.

            “I was wondering if you’d like to be my girlfriend.”

            She grips my suit’s fabric and smiles. “Yes,” she says sighs, leaning up on her tiptoes and kissing me softly on the lips.

__________

            “What’s this trophy for?” Alison asks.

            We’re in my room and we both changed out of our prom outfits to more comfortable attire. We turned off the music and lights in the backyard before we ventured up here. I’m sitting on my bed as she looks at trophies and pictures I have hanged up in my room.

            “That’s a trophy I got in little league for getting first place,” I answer, crawling further back on my bed so I’m leaning against the headboard. I still cannot believe Alison is actually here—in my room—or matter a fact my girlfriend.

            Alison looks at me in awe. “Even as a kid you were an amazing baseball player.”

            I chuckle. “I love the sport.” I pat the spot next to me on the bed. “Want to watch a movie?”

            She shrugs, “Sure.” Alison walks over to the bed and sits beside me. I put out the covers and we slip out legs inside since my family likes to crack the AC.

            “What movie would you like to watch?” I ask, scrolling through the movies on Netflix.

            She watches as I scroll through the selections before grabbing my arm to stop me. “We should watch Step Up,” she says, smirking at me. “And maybe after you can show me some of your moves since I didn’t get to see them earlier.”

            “Fine,” I say with confidence as I hit the play button.

            As we watch the movie I make comments about how handsome and hot Channing Tatum is just to make her laugh. She leans against my side and I wrap my arm around her shoulders. This moment right here is what I’ve been hoping for since I realized my feelings for Alison—and now I have it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 90 18
*completed* Kinda the whole losers fan fic: (Reddie, Benverly and characters of my own 😉) In Derry, everyone has a soulmate, and having a soulmate c...
36.7K 644 20
Cameron adds Mia to the magcon groupchat thinking he was adding his photographer, Bryant. What will happen when him and his friends realize he added...
24K 606 18
A Shawn Mendes Fanfic (COMPLETED). Allison and Shawn are best friends. They are walking in the park one day when something tragic happens. Allison i...
33.5K 654 28
Sophie knew first hand what it felt like not being able to fit in. She lived with it for most of her life; since her parents died, and she skipped gr...