The Link To Light, (Published...

By queenFaithofficial

Book cover is made by PeculiarPraise. The first installment in the light series. The Link To Light is a sto... More

please read this author's note, very important..
part 1.
part 2.
part 3.
part 4
part 5.
part 6
part 7
part 8
part 9
part 10
part 11
part 12.
part 13
part 14
part 15
part 16
part 17
part 18
part 19
part 20
part 21
part 22
part 23
part 25
part 26
part 27
part 28
part 29
part 30
part 31
part 32
part 33
part 34.
part 35
part 36
part 37
part 38
part 39
part 40
part 41
part 42
part 43
part 44
part 45.
part 46
part 47
part 48
part 49
part 50
part 51
part 52
author's note
about the second and third book series.
finally published 😆❤️❤️
new book alert. 💥🔥

part 24

87 33 4
By queenFaithofficial

A week later,. Time check, 7 PM.

It was time to go to the school library to study and prepare for the Dr Adams test the following week..

Students sat in groups, though  few students sat on their own doing their individual Reading.

Mandy and Ifes sat in their preferred positions, and yanked out their course materials to start reading...

They must have read for about 40 minutes when Ifes  lifted up her eyes from her Book and saw Ryan,

He looked confused like he was lost and didn't know which topic to read, and scratched his forehead severally.

She stared at him for a while before she continued reading but felt a nudge to go and help him.

At first, she wanted to ignore but abruptly felt a deeper urge to go to Ryan...

Ifes, get up from there and go and meet him."

But you know this is not funny?"

Ifes moved her gaze towards her roommate who's eyes were fixed to her book and felt like doing the same but the nudging wouldn't stop..

Mandy." Ifes called-out hoping her friend would not allow her to leave.

Mandy looked up from her book. Yes Ifes, want something?"

From Mandy's facial expression, she knew she had really distracted her.

Will You  excuse me? I will be back soon.  Ifes moved her seat backwards till she could get enough space to stand up.

Okay, don't be long". Mandy said, taking her eyes back to her book. ..

Ifes gazed at her friend whose eyes were back to her book and wondered.. Just like that? She didn't even ask where I'm going, or what I am going to do."

She concluded that this must be for a purpose after all and spun around to leave..

Nope, I won't." She walked away from her table to Ryan praying that he would not make a scene
*****

"She got to the front of his reading table and waved her hands in the air.. Hi!", she said, sounding cherry..

He looked up and stared at her expressionlessly, she did not see the usual hate, she looked into his eyes, maybe she could get a clue of what he was feeling but he was still enigmatic.

She got nothing, nothing to use as an excuse to walk away from him, but why was she trying to walk away?
"What was he thinking of her now?

She knew he was not happy to see her but was he sad or angry?

The Jesus girl that brought him word, she separated him from his clique of friend, did seeing her just make his day go sour? She reasoned like a common third-party not wanting to reason it from the stance of the girl that might be slapped in a few seconds from now

What if he makes a scene?

Or laughs at her?

What if he calls her names?

What if? What if? What if?

These questions ran through her mind like rapids.

She started giving it a second thought if she should do what she came for or turnaround and just walk back to her seat without uttering another word,

She wanted to choose  the latter  but  kept hearing the still small voice telling her to talk to Ryan..

You look like u need some help.

I'll show you something, give it here." She grabbed his book before he could give his consent or object..

She flipped over the book jotting down some topics she felt they were going to write,

She gave a brief explanation on the topics and when she was done, the look on Ryan's face was a little more than she expected!!!

She thanked him for giving her the opportunity to talk to him, then spun around and walked back to her seat without looking back...

taking her seat opposite Mandy at the round reading table, she looked up to see Ryan still staring at her astonishingly!

Their eyes met and they locked gazes,

She managed to break the staring contest between Ryan and her, she gazed at Mandy, then back to Ryan and finally to her Book.

Ifes couldn't look towards Ryan's direction again to see if he was even going through the guidelines she gave him,

She also needed to study for Mr Adams test,So she thought in her heart that looking at the Lad instead of studying would do her no good..

She studied and studied and studied without blinking her eyes or looking to her left, right or forward.. .

Ifes, Ifes!" Ifes heard Mandy's exhausted and sleepy voice drawing her out of her knowledge quest after three hour time as she tapped her on her shoulder.

I want to leave now, I am feeling sleepy and I know me any time I am like this whatever I try to read just bounces off my head"

Ifes did not want to leave just yet, still had much to cover in her opinion, but of course, this sounded to Mandy like her usual overkill and need to put in the more than necessary work
" Why are you like this?? and u know I'm  not leaving without you.. why do u always insist on overdoing it?? don't faint on me someday, I am not a fan of riding in the back of ambulances." Mandy   sat back on her seat Soon after she laid down her head on the desk and drifted off to sleep.

I have to read to maintain a high gp if I want to continue to sustain my scholarship." Ifes said despite knowing her sleeping roommate could not hear her.

Ifes finished reading and woke Mandy up.. I'm done reading, so shall we?"

Mandy groaned, clearly sad that her sleep had been interrupted.

On their way out, Ifes glanced back  at Ryan's direction only to spot his empty seat, she scanned the big Library to see if he just changed position, and he didn't do what she was thinking he did: but she already had the premonition that he had left so was not so shocked
But she was disappointed..

I wonder why I am disappointed, it wasn't like I was expecting anything better."

She shook off the thought of Ryan from her head.. I think I have tried my best." Ifes concluded in her heart as they both walked back to their Dorm Room.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

On Monday of the following week.
Ifes said a customary short prayer before writing the test.

It was a 2 hour paper

The need to stretch Maade Ifes to look at her wrist watch and discovered that one hour, twenty-five minutes had gone by without her stirring from her writing

At that point Ifes knew she had to raise up her head,she needed to stretch her neck a bit.

At the process of doing that, she saw him looking at her eyes and mouth agape,  flies could easily  enter..

Ha! Na wetin dey do dis one? ( What is wrong with him?" She asked silently in her heart..

How long has he been staring at me like that?" She asked again.

You have 30 minutes more." Dr. Adams' voice echoed.

That was when she realized she had stared at Ryan for 5 minutes, she bent over to continue writing; but didn't see if he did the same...
The thirty remaining minutes breezed by, and the students filed outta the class mostly in group.. Ifes waited for Mandy outside for another custom of theirs which was post-test analysis to determine how well they did.. some said what's done was done but not Ifes and Mandy  
Mandy walked past Ifes without noticing she was even there
Strange, she had never seen Mandy so engrossed in her thought like, neither had she seen worry lines etched so deeply on her face that she seemed like a whole different person, Mandy was always carefree and happy, this was unusual

Earth to Mandy!"

Haaa! Ifes you almost scared the life out of me."

A million for your thoughts."

"I'm fine, let's leave."
Not on til you tell me what is going on in that heart of yours."

Ha ha ha! Its nothing, let's go, I'm famished." Mandy started walking away before Ifes could utter another word, if she was not convinced before now, she was totally sure Mandy was hiding something from her and she didn't want to push it, Ifes believed that whatever it is: she would tell her..

They didn't keep secrets from each other...

They were still  moving slowly when Ifes spotted Ryan figure walking towards them

but she didn't turn to confirm if it was him, she kept on walking as she wasn't prepared for any Drama.

Author's note

I know I have been leaving some stones unturned but just continue enjoying your Reading, with time, everything will unfold😊

I will appreciate your votes and comments

Thanks

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247 89 21
Hi guys 💞 Here is my story book based on my pabo type imagination , although this story is a imaginary one some of the part in this story has happe...
135K 5.9K 60
Many things were hidden from him, there was so much he didn't know about his life and so much he didn't bother to question. But that all changed in o...
9 0 60
A story where 20 diverse characters with different sexualities or gender identities, as well as different backgrounds and hobbies, are each presente...
169 17 11
Living in a world of Greek gods and monsters can be hard enough on its own, but tacking on the trials and tribulations of love can make it almost imp...