My Good Hedgehog (Completed)

By DevilishScorpion

You've seen Sonic's past unravel, now it's time to see Shadow's Only difference? They're married, living in C... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
A/N
28
29
30
31

27

1.4K 51 25
By DevilishScorpion

Shadow's P.O.V

"So, what'd you find out from your source, Rouge?" I picked at the questionable corn that was sitting on my tray over my lap. The plate in front of me was covered with a brown stale brick I was told that was meatloaf, the yellow vomity stuff was labeled as corn, and a tannish colored puddle of guck was called the gravy.

My Mom and Rouge came over to take me home. My doctor said I have to take it easy and lie back for a while. Like hell I am. I need to find my pregnant husband before that psycho bitch Carmen hurts him.

"I didn't get an address or anything, but I did get her brother's cell phone number. I can take that to Peanut and see if he can trace it. It shouldn't take more than a day really, but that's only if he isn't busy." I saw her roll her eyes at me when I chuckled. Peanut, or Shelton, is a friend of Rouge's oldest brother. He's smart as hell and can crack any website or computer and trace any number or email, but it's hard to take the dude seriously when he goes by Peanut.

"At least we have something. I'd rather have a little clue than nothing at all. What time are we going over?" She cocked an eyebrow and stared at me like I started speaking another language.

"Shadow, what do you mean by 'we'? It's just me, Knuckles, Mileens, Silver, and Tails. You need to take it easy, Shadow. You heard what the doctor said." There she goes again, acting like my Mother…even though my actual mother would tell me the same thing, but that's not the point here!

"Since when have you known me to do what someone says? There's no way I'm gonna rest when Sonic is out God knows where in the hands of that crazy psycho bitch! Besides, you're not my Mom and you can't boss me around!"

"But I am," We turned to the doorway when another voice entered the conversation. My Mom was standing in the doorway with a hand on her hip glaring at me. "which means I can boss you around and you have to listen to me. Now, Shadow, I understand that you want Sonic back, we all do, but you can't look for Sonic if you keep ending up in the hospital for not taking care of yourself."

"She's right, Shad. If we wanna find Sonic and the twins, you need to keep your health up."

"Twins? What twins, Shadow? What is she talking about?" Rouge looked between me and my Mom with confusion splayed all over her face.

"Y-you didn't tell her?" I shook my head and turned to my Mom. She had moved from the doorway and to my bedside.

"Mom, the reason me and Sonic called you for lunch was to tell you that he was pregnant with twins." Her brown eyes welled up with tears before she lifted her hand and smacked me on the back of my head. "Ow, Mom! What was that for?"

"For not telling me sooner! I can't believe it! I'm gonna be a grandmother! I have to go tell your father– Wait. Do his parents know?"

"Yeah. We told them a couple of days ago." I told her while I was trying to rub the stinging pain away from my head.

"Not that, Shadow. I mean do they know that he's missing?" I stopped rubbing the back of my head and stared at Rouge. Her surprised expression matched mine as we realized both of us forgot to tell them. Well, at least I have an excuse.

"I must've forgotten to call them yesterday! They must be worried out of their minds! Sonic told me he wanted you two to stop by their hotel last night. I have to go call them." She raced out of the room with her cell phone in her hand dialing the number. I turned back to my Mom to see her smiling at me with glassy eyes. I can tell she was trying hard not to cry.

"Mom? Why are you crying?"

"They're happy tears, mijo. I just can't believe one of my sons is going to be a father."

"Only if we can find Sonic in time…" I mumbled looking down at my plate. It was still full with all the junk they piled on it. I felt my Mom grab my chin and turn my focus back to her.

"Shadow The Hedgehog, don't you ever let me hear you talk like that again. We will find Sonic and the twins. There is no 'if' about that. And once I tell your father about the twins, he will make sure whoever took them suffers." I shook my head.

"No. I don't want Dad to do that." She looked at me in confusion and was getting ready to say something before I stopped her. "Sonic is my husband and those are my children which means it's my job to make whoever took my family suffer." She smiled and gave me a kiss on my forehead. The tears finally slipped out of her eyes and down her cheeks as she gave me a hug.

"You're becoming a man, mijo. I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you, Mami. Thank you."

After that very emotional moment with my Mom, Rouge came back in the room and told us that Sonic's parents were meeting us back at the house. I had to practically beg for her to stop at a burger place so I could get some real food instead of the food they gave me at the hospital, but of course her and my Mom teamed up and said that wasn't healthy for me. Well, neither was that dog food from the hospital! You know what? I don't even think that was edible for dogs. It's like they give you that crap to make sure you're in the hospital so they can add on to your bill.

When we pulled up to the house, there were maybe seven cars parked in front. Rouge pulled in the driveway and we all got out. It didn't feel right; going into the house without Sonic or knowing that he's not there. Tears welled up in my eyes when we walked up to the door. I remember when me and Sonic first bought the house. I insisted on carrying him over the threshold. We spent the whole day staying in and watching our favorite movies, only leaving our room to use the bathroom or to go to the kitchen to stack up on snacks.

I closed my eyes and forced the tears back where they came from. I've done enough crying these past few days. It's time to put emotions aside and focus on finding my family. Rouge opened the door and let me and my Mom walk through before closing it after she came in. I only saw Sonic's parents, Knuckles, Mileena, Tails, and Silver. The other guys must be in the basement. When the door shut Sonic's parents ran over to me and scooped me into a hug.

"Rouge told us you had a panic attack after you found out about Sonic. How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay, just a little tired is all." I pulled away from the hug and gave them a weak smile. Mrs. Aleena eyes were red and were holding unshed tears. Mr. Jules nose and cheeks were red.

"What did the police say?" His father asked.

"They said they were going to go over the security tapes at the pharmacy and see if they can get a clear picture of what happened." Rouge answered for me.

Of course we didn't actually call the cops. The less the cops are involved the better it is. I'm pretty sure you know that cops are the last thing I need to worry about. Besides, with all the people that me and Rouge know, we could find Sonic and the twins in half the time the cops could. Rouge told me earlier that she already was able to get the security tape from the pharmacy. We plan to go over it as soon as we can.

"Oh, Shadow, sweetie. You must feel terrible." Sonic's Mom pulled me into another one of her bone crushing hugs. For a small woman, she has a lot of strength. "Is there anything we could do? We'll be happy to stay here if you'd like."

"Thank you for offering, Mrs. Aleena, but I think I'll just take my medicine and try and get some rest."

"Of course. We'll come by in the morning and see how you're feeling." Sonic's father told me as he pulled me into a hug. Mrs. Aleena did the same and followed him out the door. I turned around to face my Mom.

"Mom, you should head upstairs to get some rest. You need it."

"Says the one who had a panic attack. You need to eat some food before you take your pill, so I'm going to fix you something to eat. When I'm done, I'll bring it to you upstairs. Now go." She walked away to the kitchen before I could say something back. I looked to Rouge and gave her my best puppy dog eyes.

"You heard her, Shadow. It's not gonna help find Sonic if we keep having to go back to the hospital because you won't listen to your doctor's orders! All we're asking for is one full day of you sleeping and for you to keep up with your medicine." We turned to the gang who were still sitting in the living room, but staring at us. They kept turning their heads between us to see who they should side with. Then, Rouge stood up.

"She's right, Shadow. We need to know you're healthy enough to handle this. We're just asking for you to take a good night's sleep. Tomorrow we can head back into the gang business, okay?" He made sure to say the last line quiet enough so my Mom couldn't hear us. With that, the other guys stood up beside him and walked behind Rouge.

"I can't believe this; my own gang turning against me."

"We're not turning against you, Shadow," Mileena said. "We're trying to help you. We want Sonic back as much as you do, but it'd be better if you just sat today out. We promise we'll catch you up on everything tomorrow and then you can make the game plan. Okay?"

They had a point. And I know they did. I just hate when I'm the one dragging everyone down. I'm the leader. I'm not supposed to be resting while everyone's out doing the work. Sonic is my husband, after all, but I have to face that they're right. I sighed.

"Fine. I'll play by your rules for today, but as soon as I wake up tomorrow morning I want to know everything you found out! Even if you think it would hurt me, I wanna hear it. Promise?"

"We promise." They all said in unison before leaving the house. I looked out the window until Knuckles' truck pulled off and headed down the street. I walked upstairs to my room, but left the lights off. I collapsed on my bed, face first. I left the lights off for a reason; I could see me and Logan's picture. If I see his picture, I'll start crying all over again. It's worse enough I can smell him on the bed, but seeing his pictures will set me over the edge and have me crying like a newborn baby…shit.

Carmen's P.O.V

"Oliver, I thought I told you to get mangos? Why don't you ever listen to me? When will you stop being such a damn idiot?!" I yelled at my dunce of a brother. How can he forget the mangos? Is he trying to make my babies sick? My babies. I can't believe I'm going to have twins. If only I could go through the pregnancy myself. But no. Shadow had to go and impregnate that slut he married. Who knew men could get pregnant? That should be me. Me and Shadow should be married. I'm the one Shadow should've gotten pregnant.

If that whore wasn't pregnant, I would've killed him already, but I don't want to waste such perfectly fine babies. It's not their fault one of their father's is a slut. I closed the refrigerator door shut and glared at my older, yet dumber, brother. He buried his face in a book, so I could only see his black curls. I leaned forward and snatched his hair to pull his head up.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you, dumbass. You need to start paying attention, Oliver. These are my children we're talking about here! We need to make sure they're healthy for when they finally join their mother in the world!" His gray eyes glanced at me before looking down to the floor.

"Yes, Carmen. I'm sorry, Carmen." I sighed.

"Whatever. Just make sure you don't lose focus. And stop reading those books. It's not like you can actually understand them anyway. Take this tray up to him and stay with him until he eats every single bite." I handed him the silver tray with Belgian waffles and strawberries on top, a bowl of other fruits, and a cup of orange juice. He left his book on the countertop and took the tray. I watched him walk up the stairs before I went back to cleaning up the kitchen.

Only a couple of more months until my babies can finally join the world with their real mother.

Oliver's P.O.V:

I hate it when she does that, saying I can't understand things. She's always degrading me, making me feel bad. She's been like that since we were kids. The only way she got away with it was because she's a girl and that's what our parents wanted. When they had Carmen, they basically forgot about me. Everything she did was perfect in their eyes. I wonder if they'd think she's still little Ms. Perfect now. They're all the way in Florida.

They call every month, but only to check on Carmen. I haven't had a full conversation with them in years. And the one we did have consisted of my father telling me to join the army and maybe he'll get lucky and won't have to see me again.

I opened the door to Sonic's room. He was in the t-shirt and sweats we gave him. His hand was handcuffed to the headboard. He looked up startled as he heard me walk in the room.

"Hey, it's okay. I just came by to bring you breakfast." I sat down on the bed with the tray sitting in between us. He looked me straight in my eyes with confusion and hatred.

"I'm not eating that. Who knows what that devil put in it."

"She didn't put anything in it. I watched her prepare it."

"And why should I believe you? You're the one that took me in the first place." I sighed and looked down.

"I know and I'm sorry for that, but Carmen told me to do it."

"So, if she told you to shoot yourself in the head, you'd do that, too?"

"Look, she wouldn't put anything in the food to hurt the babies. They're all she's after."

"If that's the case, she can just go to a sperm bank!" His face was getting red with anger as he glared at me.

"She only wants Shadow's babies. Now, hurry up and eat your food before she comes up and watches you. Would you rather have her or me?" He lifted his eyebrow before using his untied hand to reach for the fork. It was quiet for the first five minutes as I watched him eat.

"Why?"

"'Why' what?"

"Why did you do it? Kidnap me?"

"Because Carmen wants your–,"

"I didn't mean that," He interrupted me. He looked up from his plate and stared me in the eyes once again. "I mean why did you do what she said?"

"Because…"

"Because?"

"Because, if I help her out with you, she'll let me go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.5K 2.9K 25
Okay this is my first Sonadow story. I hope you guys enjoy! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Shadow just broke up with Amy and Sonic just broke up wit...
49.5K 1.8K 29
Years go by and another couple is born. Love is everywhere but never is formed. Without you it's bad. But with you I am glad. (This is a story about...
5K 152 17
Sonic and Shadow are polar opposites, people say that they don't really see eye to eye with Sonic's cocky remarks and Shadow's stubborn actions. What...
18.1K 324 13
Team dark and team sonic have always worked against each other for as long as they all can remember, but what happens when someone from one of a team...