The beast inside

By Kablamstar

Percy is betrayed by his friends at camp half blood, and unfortunately both his mother and step father were k... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Ending note

Chapter 16

18.6K 581 200
By Kablamstar

Dameion's pov:

I stood completely still as I looked down at camp, I stood there, until Thalia finally caught up to me. "What is up with you? First, you want to fight me, then you take off, and stop here-" she said before looking at the camp below us. "Why did you come here?" She asked.

I turned my head and gave her a look.

Thalia just sighed. "If you would change to human and talk maybe, we both could get what we want." She said.

I weighed the pros and cons before I changed into my human form. I stood up and looked over Camp Half-Blood. I started to scowl as I remembered how everyone hated me because of the stuff Chad did. What made me hate the camp, the most, was remembering the day I lost her.

It makes me so furious because I have no idea how I feel about her right now. I hate her for she was with my brother, but a part of me still likes her. I don't know if it's a friendship type of love or if it's love of my life love.

I turned around to Thalia who was looking at the camp sadly as if seeing this place brought back happy memories.

'Of course she has happy memories here; this is where she could hang with Annabeth, Nico, Grover, and myself.' I thought to myself.

I crossed my arms as I waited for her to start talking. "Where is Percy?" She finally said after five minutes of silence.

"He is dead." I said rolling my eyes.

"Don't lie to me! There is no proof that he is dead, although there is evidence that he is alive. Kacie, saw him, Nico, hasn't felt his life fade, and Hades, can't find his soul in the underworld. So, where is he?!" Thalia said. She got louder toward the end of her rant.

"He is dead. He died a few weeks ago, when we met. I can't and won't tell you more than that!" I said as I glared at her. She crossed her arms and gave me a glare of her own.

"Then, why are you here? If you can't and won't help us, then why stay with us?" Thalia asked.

"Because, your goddess Artemis cursed me. I can't leave the hunt for long before I have an irresistible urge to come back. It can only be broken when Percy is found, heck, I can feel it now, pulling at my senses and I hate it so much." I said honestly.

"Then help us find him." Thalia said. "Or at least give us his location." She said trying to reason with me.

"I can't! I will not force him to go back to a life that he wants to forget." I said.

"Why would he want to forget?" She asked.

I just rolled my eyes at her and gave her a look that obviously said yah right. When she continued to look confused, I started to doubt that she actually knew. "You really don't know?" I asked her in a serious voice.

"Know what?" She said.

I was about to respond when I heard people singing about a grandmother and how she put on armor. I turned my head and saw that the campers were currently sitting around the campfire and were singing and enjoying each other's company.

I noticed some wolves were around Thalia's tree, so I turned back to Thalia telling her to go back to the hunt and I'll eventually return before transforming back into a wolf.

I howled and soon received Howells in return from the other wolves. I raced off into the forest to lose Thalia before running toward the hill.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Artemis' pov:

I was waiting in my tent-waiting for my lieutenant to return-when there was a knock on the poll.

"Enter." I said.

Thalia entered and curtsied to me.

"What have you learned?" I asked.

"He won't give us Percy's location, but spoke about his curse from you... And that there was something that we don't know about, something that happened to Percy." She said. The last part most definitely got my attention.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Thalia then explained what all happened after I sent her to question Dameion. Once she was done explaining everything only one thought entered my mind.

'Looks like we'll have to go back to camp.'

0000000000000000000000000 TIME SKIP 10 YEARS 00000000000000000000000000

Annabeth's pov:

If there is one thing that children of Athena hate, it would have to be not knowing something.

I was sitting in my cabin along with the other trainers when one of the campers ran in.

"Annabeth. Another just arrived." She said. I put down the book I was reading and ran toward Thalia's hill(the newer campers decided to name the whole hill to the girl who was stuck in the tree).

I arrived and saw a girl with blonde hair and gray eyes climbing up the hill. I looked behind her and saw a wolf running to the woods.

'Oh no you don't!' I thought before running after it.

This has started to happen a lot nowadays, a camper or two will come to camp being led by a wolf. The gods don't know what to think of it so they passed it on to me. I kept running through the woods for what felt like hours, but I eventually lost the wolf.

I bit back a curse before going back to camp. I reached the border and was greeted by the rest of the trainers. The trainers were: the Stolls, Clarisse, Nico (on occasions), Grover, Zain, Drew (unfortunately), Chad, and myself of course.

Now with us being trainers and not campers we get our own cabins, and no we do not each have our own. we share two cabins, one for the boys and one for the girls. Chad was in front of the group and was the first to talk.

"Did you catch the wolf?" He asked.

"No. It got away." I said.

His shoulders slumped as he walked away.

"Man, Chad sure has changed." Grover said as he walked up beside me.

I couldn't help but agree with him. Ever since his quest ten years ago, he seemed to have changed from being a self centered jerk to a caring guy who is an actual leader here at camp. He teaches the campers on how to use their powers and takes care of any water activities.

Each of us as trainers have certain parts that we teach or take care of, like Grover teaches about nature and how to use it to your advantage, Clarisse teaches campers how to fight and how to maintain your weapons, I teach mythology and tactics ranging from big battles to one on one fights, and Zain... Well he handles the dead and pretty much keeps to himself.

I was walking away from Thalia's hill when I heard the hunter horn. I turned and saw Thalia and the rest of the hunt walking up the hill.

"Grover. Go tell Chiron that the hunters are here." I said turning my head to him before turning it back to the approaching hunters.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Artemis' pov:

'We have spent over ten years looking for that blasted boy, and still there is no trace of him. A god or goddess has to be hiding him, there is no other way that he could be hiding unless he was dead.

Dameion still won't tell us more than he's dead, which is so helpful. Except for the occasional visit Kacie gets, he is nonexistent. I would have to say that it's kinda weird how Dameion has remained loyal, not only to our pact and the hunt, but also the Olympians.

He has not done anything to betray us or to harm us, instead he has sent his wolves to find demigods and transport them to the appropriate place, such as camp or the wolf house; or in some cases my hunt. We of course can't prove it for the wolves disappear before we can question them, even Lupa can't get them to stop.

Dameion doesn't intrude on my hunt unless to save a hunter, he doesn't walk around as a human in my camp or near my hunters (which has caused them to make a game out of it. They try to catch him in human form, and the first to do so is supposed to be the best.),and he doesn't speak to any one besides Thalia, Kacie(on rare occasions), and me. When he does speak to us he is always in wolf form and just projects his thoughts to us.' I thought to myself as we walked to camp.

"Kacie, have you seen Dameion?" I asked Kacie as we continued to walk.

"I saw him this morning but I haven't seen him recently." Kacie said.

"Wait our guardian is missing?" One of my hunters asked.

For some reason most of the hunters don't call Dameion by his name or wolf or mutt. Instead they call him the guardian of the hunt or the guardian. He has acted like one though, from saving multiple hunters, to warning us of monster groups nearby, he would always continuously help.

"He will show up just don't worry about it." Thalia said.

We continued to walk and we came in sight of the hill to see the trainers on top of the hill as well as Dameion at the bottom of the hill. One of the hunters blew the horn to notify the campers that we were here. Dameion fell in stride beside me as we went up the hill.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.1K 955 24
Percy Jackson is back, and after spending two months back on Olympus, everything goes wrong down at Camp. His new friend goes missing, Annabeth is up...
8.7K 246 20
Olivia was never a normal child. Sure she was smart, but when it came to other things, she was an outcast. Strange things always happened to her. She...
107K 3.3K 22
CURRENTLY BEING EDITED Percy is a werewolf working with the Huntsmen, a group of mercenaries. When a job sends him to Camp Half-Blood, he'll go on qu...
1.5K 120 39
Lily has lived a hard life till now. She's been abused by her mother, and cannot trust boys for fear that they'll hurt her too. She always thought he...