Book 1(Destiny of a Cat): Int...

PinkyBreadd

Series 1. Book 1 of 6. 'Night will lead a path of light.' Wind Clan has gone down hill after many seasons, le... Еще

Territory
Allegianges
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22(Final Chapter)

Chapter 11

35 0 0
PinkyBreadd

                                                                                    Page 1

  Night'Breeze called out for Dawn'Star. He soon emerged from his den and sat in front of her. "I think we smelled Bright'Wing last night." She paused, "She smelled of mint this morning." She meowed quietly.

  "What was her explanation?" He meowed questioningly. His voice was still calm but he could see confusion in his eyes.

  "Well she said she was getting burdock root and tripped into some mint." Night'Breeze meowed as she pawed at the ground. "Cinder'Feather did say before that they needed more burdock root." She added the last part quickly, the thought of her friend possibly being some sort of traitor just didn't feel right.

  Dawn'Star nodded, "Keep an eye on her for a bit, I'm not saying I don't trust her, I just want to be careful." He meowed as he padded back into his den. Was that all he had to say?

  Even so, Night'Breeze felt a wave of relief. She knew Bright'Wing wouldn't betray the clan in any way, and she doubts Bright'Wing would lie to her. . . Right?

  Night'breeze dipped her head and padded away from his den, she saw Bright'Wing leave the nursery and pad into the medicine den. She felt uncertainty claw at her mind, could she trust her friend?

  Night'Breeze shook her head and began to pad to the apprentices' den. 'Of course I could! I'm just being mouse-brained!' She thought to herself. She saw Muddy'Paw and Stick'Paw play fighting, she smiled and sat at the entrance. The apprentices stopped and sat down quickly once they noticed her.

  "Night'Breeze!" Muddy'Paw mewed excitedly as he rubbed against her, "Are we going to go train?" He purred. Night'Breeze nodded and rasped her tongue over his ear.

  "Yes we are, go wait by the entrance to camp, okay?" She meowed. Muddy'Paw nodded and scrambled off.

  "Night'Breeze?" Stick'Paw meowed, "Can I go with you?"

  Night'Breeze nodded, "Go tell your mentor Speckle'Face, alright?" She paused, "Me and Muddy'Paw will be waiting for you at then entrance. She padded out of the apprentices' and padded towards the entrance of camp. She sat beside Muddy'Paw and watched Stick'Paw happily run into the warriors' den.

  Soon Speckle'Face and him appeared out of the den. Speckle'Face calmly padded up to Night'Breeze and flicked her tail for a friendly hello. Night'Breeze dipped her head with respect. "Are you coming with us Speckle'Face?" She mewed.

  Speckle'Face nodded, "I'm not on any patrols today, so I should probably train Stick'Paw." She meowed.

  Night'Breeze nodded, "What would be the best place to train?" She asked Speckle'Face. Speckle'Face flicked her tail to order them all to follow her. They padded out of camp, Night'Breeze made sure that Muddy'Paw and Stick'Paw were close by.

  Night'Breeze could easily hear Muddy'Paws purr as they walked through the moor.

  "We're here!" Speckle'Face purred, Stick'Paws eyes shone with excitement. Muddy'Paw was shaking with happiness. 

  A small smile came across Night'Breezes' face, watching Muddy'Paw so happy made her forget all the terrible things like Willow.

                                                                                  Page 2

     Night'Breeze stood in front of Muddy'Paw as he weaved side to side, approaching Night'Breeze. The apprentice took too long to pounce, being easily countered as he attempted to pounce at Night'Breeze. The apprentice landed on his side, letting out a small oof  sound as dirt rose up from the ground.

    "You took too long to attack, leaving you open for a counter-attack. Though, overall a good job." Night'Breeze brushed her tail against Muddy'Paws shoulder, dipping his head to the critism.

    "Thank you, Night'Breeze." Muddy'Paw said as his green eyes glimmered.

    Speckle'Face was staring over at Night'Breeze, she nodded with approval. Night'Breeze felt her fur heat up a bit, getting praise from her elder warrior. "You're a great mentor, Night'Breeze. Although a young one at that."

    "T. . .Thanks!" Night'Breeze mewed sheepishly as she scuffed the ground with her paw. "Muddy'Paw, let's get back to training!" She meowed as she turned around.

  Speckle'Face nodded and turned to her apprentice. Night'Breeze looked at Muddy'Paw and smiled, he was stalking a leaf. She noticed the leaf was more so a golden color than the regular emerald green.

  His hunters crouch was natural and very well done. He soon pounced and landed on the leaf, though the pounce was a bit off balanced, it could easily be fixed. Night'Breeze was astonished, although he wasn't the best at combat, his hunting skill was far exceeding his warrior skills.

  "That was great, Muddy'Paw!" She purred and she praised her apprentice. Pride shone in Muddy'Paws eyes as he turned to look at his mentor. "You'll be a great hunter, though your pounce does need some work, it's something that can be fixed easily."

  Muddy'Paw nodded and smiled, "What's next to learn?" He purred.

  "Maybe a type of sneak attack?" She mewed curiously, "I'll have my back turned and ears pricked as you try to attack me, how does that sound?" Night'Breeze meowed.

  "Sounds fu- I mean great!" He mewed excitedly, it seems he was trying to act more mature. Night'Breeze nodded and turned around, she pricked her ears in his direction.

  She heard him pad around behind her, turning left then right but her ears remained focused on his movements. Soon she couldn't hear him anymore, she turned around and didn't see him. Speckle'Face was giggling as Stick'Paw was looking in astonishment. Night'Breeze sniffed the air for his scent but it was hidden well.

  She soon heard running coming from behind her, she was about to turn around to counter Muddy'Paw but he already pounced on her. The apprentice's grip was strong as he pinned her down with his claws sheathed. 

  Muddy'Paw soon got off of her, he was smiling proudly. Night'Breeze stood up and shook the dirt out her fur, "Very well done! You're a natural at a lot of things!"

  Speckle'Face spoke, "Well, its about to be passed sunhigh, we should get back to camp." She meowed as she padded towards Night'Breeze and Muddy'Paw. Night'Breeze nodded.

                                                                                    Page 3

  Muddy'Paw and Stick'Paw were both ahead of Night'Breeze and Speckle'Face as they padded back to camp. Night'Breeze enjoyed watching them happily talk with one another.

  "Did you hear how much praise I got Stick'Paw?" Muddy'Paw purred pridefully. Stick'Paw smiled.

  "Oh yeah? Well I got much more praise than you!" Stick'Paw meowed playfully in response.

  Night'Breeze and Speckle'Face giggled at their playfulness as they padded through the moors, "I think we should show them the boarders next, what do you think Night'Breeze?" Speckle'Face mewed as she looked over at Night'Breeze.

  "I think that's a good idea." Night'Breeze agreed. Speckle'Face nodded and looked at Stick'Paw, she had a friendly look in her eyes as she smiled.

  They soon reached the camp, Speckle'Face told the two apprentices to bring a piece of fresh kill to the elders as she padded into the warriors den. Night'Breeze looked around camp, the cats looked thinner than usual, it was like it was leaf-bare.

  Worry struck Night'Breeze, 'Leaf-bare isn't even here. . .What ca-' She interrupted her thoughts as it came to her, 'Willow Clan is taking most of the prey! That's why some of them looked so healthy!' She thought. The fur on the back of her neck bristled, she was outraged that Willow Clan was taking almost all the prey, even the ones out their 'Territory'.

  Night'Breeze felt someone sit next to her, she looked over and saw a beautiful ginger pelt. It was Bright'Wing, her fur was well kept and smelled sweetly, though there was still a hint of mint. "What's wrong? The fur on your neck was bristling like there was an enemy cat in front of you."

  Night'Breeze looked down at her paws, "I was just lost in thought, ya know?" She replied, Bright'Wing nodded.

  "What were you thinking?" Bright'Wing asked.

  "I think I know why we're so short on prey." She mewed quietly, she noticed One'Ear was listening on the conversation between her and Bright'Wing. Night'Breeze looked at him, she nodded her head. He nodded back and padded off into the warriors' den.

  "So you noticed him too?" Bright'Wing meowed with a humorous tone. "Anyway," Bright'Wing looked at Night'Breeze again, "What were you about to say?"

  "I think Willow Clan is taking most of our prey, think about it, you can't blame it on Leaf-Bare, or any other animal hunting in our territory." Night'Breeze continued, Bright'Wings eyes widen.

  "I think you should tell One'Ear and Dawn'Star, this is huge!" She mewed as she stood up, "C'mon, I'll get One'Ear for you."

  Night'Breeze nodded and padded to Dawn'Stars den, she called out for permission to speak to him. He padded out of the den, his white and ginger fur shone like the dawn in the suns bright light. "Yes Night'Breeze?" He meowed calmly.

  "I need to talk to you and One'Ear, right now, Bright'Wing is getting him." She mewed respectfully as she dipped her head. Dawn'Star nodded and sat down with his tail neatly placed in front of him.

  Soon One'Ear appeared and sat down beside Dawn'Star. They looked up at her, Dawn'Star nodded, signalling her to begin talking.

                                                                                   Page 4

  After Night'Breeze told them why they're having a prey shortage, One'Ears eyes were wide, while Dawn'Star began to get lost in thought.

  "We have to do something about this Dawn'Star." Night'Breeze mewed quietly, "They're only growing stronger." She tried to hide her fear as she spoke but her eyes betrayed her.

  "Night'Breeze is right, we should do something." One'Ear agreed as he looked at Dawn'Star.

  "We will leave them alone." He continued, "We will not attack them, but keep an eye on them. Night'Breeze knows where their camp is," He paused, thinking of what else to say, "Night'Breeze, everyday you will take One'Ear with you to watch the camp before moonrise."

  "Dawn'Star, that's way to risky, what if we get caught?" One'Ear protested, "They already want to rip Night'Breezes fur off just for breathing, we can't risk any cats life!"

  "It's already decided One'Ear, we have to keep an eye on these cats." Dawn'Star replied coolly. One'Ear grudgingly sat back down.

  "I'm fine with it as long as it mean protecting my clan." Night'Breeze mewed quietly. Dawn'Star stood up and brushed against her.

  "Thank you Night'Breeze." He meowed softly. Night'Breeze nodded as he sat back down, his eyes shown admiration for Night'Breezes courage. Dawn'Star flicked his tail, "You both may leave now, thank you Night'Breeze for sharing this information with us." Dawn'Star stood up and went into his den.

  One'Ear padded into the warriors den as Night'Breeze didn't know where to go. She wanted to go hunting but something in her told her not to. Though she didn't listen, something else was telling her to go, overpowering the urge not to.

  She padded out of camp swiftly. She smelled Spotted'Stripes scent, fear clawed at her heart as she smelled another cat. As she got closer to the smell she panicked more, causing her to run.

  She saw Spotted'Stripe hissing and spitting at a she-cat, he swiped his paw at her. His tail was twice its size as he kept backing away. Soon Night'Breeze realized who the she-cat was.

  It was Willow! Night'Breeze felt her fur bristle with hatred, soon she stood right beside Spotted'Stripe hissing at Willow. Willow looked shocked for a second before hatred burned deeply in her amber eyes.

                                                                                  Page 5

  "Darky!" She hissed, her claws were unsheathed as she stepped closer. Night'Breeze did not step back, she kept still with the hatred for Willow clawing at her heart.

  "Willow. . ." She hissed as she put a paw forward. Night'Breezes tail flicked back and forth.

  Willows eyes burned with hatred as she stepped closer, her claws were unsheathed. "So glad you joined me and Spots here. . .I was looking to kill two birds with one stone. . ." She hissed as she crept closer. Spotted'Stripe stood beside Night'Breeze.

  "You can't take on both of us at once Willow." Spotted'Stripe hissed, "Two against one." Willow smirked eerily. Night'Breezes neck fur bristled as Willow came closer. Night'Breezes tail fluffed up twice it size.

  "I can kill you both easily. . ." She meowed harshly. She swiped her claws, they were a whisker away from Night'Breezes face. Night'Breeze didn't flinch.

  "Then try!" Night'Breeze hissed as she unsheathed her claws and bunched her muscles to get ready to pounce, "I'm not that scared little apprentice anymore!" She meowed. Soon her vision turned brown, Willow pounced onto her.

  Soon she was under Willows grip. Night'Breeze soon flipped herself over and began raking at Willows under belly Willow ignored the pain and scratched Night'Breezes cheek. She felt a gush of warmth from the blood on her fur. Willow bit and scratched but she was soon stopped by Spotted'Stripe latching on to her tail and throwing her off. 

  Willow hissed at Night'Breeze, then at Spotted'Stripe "Don't try me! I will kill you both, starting with you Darky! Watch your back. . ." Willow hissed as she ran off into the undergrowth. 

  Night'Breeze stayed on the ground, trying to catch her breath, her heart was pounding as if it'll break out her chest. She stood up shakily, Spotted'Stripe stood beside her to try and balance her.

  "Can you walk? It seems she bit your shoulder pretty deep. . ." He mewed with worry. Night'Breeze nodded and began to limp back to camp. Spotted'Stripe stayed beside her just in case.

  They soon reached the camp, Night'Breezes wounds felt like sharp pains all over her body, like the first time Willow tried to kill her. She limped into the medicine den. Bright'Wing turned around, her eyes soon filled with worry.

  "Lay down, I'll get what I need." Bright'Wing rushed around the den as Night'Breeze laid down painfully, "Lick your wounds too, don't want an infection." Bright'Wing added as she gathered some herbs.

  She began to chew the herbs into a poultice to apply to Night'Breezes wounds. Night'Breeze did as Bright'Wing said and licked the bite on her shoulder. It felt painful as she did, yet she continued until Bright'Wing applied the poultice. She then applied cobwebs. Night'Breeze didn't care if it had stung, she was tired from fighting off Willow.

  Bright'Wing added a little of the poultice to her cheek and applied some cobweb. "Does it hurt anywhere else?" She mewed softly. Night'Breeze shook her head, she rested her head on her paws, her shoulder felt uncomfortable. It was turning sundown by the time her and Spotted'Stripe reached camp.

  She soon drifted off into sleep, yet she still felt the pain of her wounds. She felt uncomfortable until she woke up under SilverPelt.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

797 105 26
Peace has come in the Clans, but young Riverstorm is struggling to fit into RiverClan, while Brackenstar is finding it hard to keep a big secret. Sun...
22.1K 1.8K 23
Two cats. One soul-driven desire to be leader. They've worked together thus far. But one battle determines who will next lead the Clan. One cat will...
898 80 16
~Note: I am no longer updating this book~ Amberkit thinks that her life as a kit is perfect. She has her mother and two sisters by her side, and her...
28.3K 580 21
This is the story of a Clan called MapleClan. MapleClan is not like any of the other Clans in the forest - they do not treat she-cats the way that th...