His Rejected 'Queen'.

By Marie_Curia

Iris Black is a strong, smart, logical, sweet 21 years old girl with new life and name. Her real name is Dian... More

Author's Note!
Introduction.
Queen Made From Courage.
Still Exists...
"Welcome" To The Palace...
In Confusion...
All About 'Her'...
Dreams VS Reality...
In Tension For Her...
Desperation For 'Two'...
A Queen Never Bows...
Too "Close"...
She Is Diana...
In 'Pain'...
Tension...
Truths & Regrettings...
Anything For Her...
"Already 'Inside' You..."
"You Are Mine...", Part I.
"You Are Mine...", Part II.
Triggering The Beast...
Contract, Jealously, Challenge.
'Her Royal Highness'.
"I Belong To You!"
Trust, Closeness, Nightmares.
"You Are My Queen!"
Insecurities, Passion, Rogues.
Worries, Feelings And Roses.
Earned It!
"Good Team!"
The Woman That Stole His Heart!
"With Me!"
"Important To Me!"
Reveals And Memories!
Together!
Tree Of Life!
Allies And Enemies!
There Is Love!
Enemies And Guardians.
Royal Birthday...
Queen's Battle!
The True King!
"With You!"
"I Love You!"
Family Conflicts...
Real Family's Love!
"Till Death!"
Strong Man!
"He Is My Home!"
"We Are One!"
Love And Sudden Problems.
Overshadowed Happiness...
To Northern Alaska!
Tensions And Instincts.
Stormy...
Reveals, Realizations And Shocks.
Her Truth.
One Breath Away.
Author's Note: Sharing Few Things.
Howls And Gunshot.
It's Now Or... Never!
Facing Death.
What Everyone Deserves...
Back To 'Life'!
Moving On With... Reveals.
The Two Extremes.
No More Secrets!

"One Last Chance..."

4.2K 128 21
By Marie_Curia

"I am giving you one last chance..."

~next morning, palace~

Diana's pov

"Miss Diana..."

I turn around and bury myself better under the covers.

What is it again?

"Miss Diana... It is time for breakfast! I brought you everything from your previous bedroom..." the same female's soft voice says.

I groan and move again with my eyes still closed.

Who is she?

I sit up in annoyance and try to open my eyes as the light is too annoying for me right now. I blink them some times and when I get used to it I find a woman around her 55's standing next to me with a big, warm smile on her face. She has long, chocolate brown hair, her eyes are big light honey, her skin is pale and seems very smooth, she has some more curves that look beautiful on her and she is wearing a simple, light grey dress that stops a bit after her knees.

Do I know her?

No!

"Good morning Miss Diana. I am Martha, your personal maid from now on. I will clean your room, bring you everything you need and help you get dressed or in anything else you want me to." She says warmly in an impressing enthusiasm yet adoration and if I may say...

She is touched?!

I gain my thoughts again and clear my throat nervously. I never asked for a made, I mean I hate it!

This is the asshole's idea for sure...

"Good morning Martha. Thank you very much but I can handle everything on my own. You don't need to..."

"Oh, no sweetheart! This is Daniel's order and we both have to do as he says!" she interrupts me quickly.

Alright...

She called him Daniel and me... Sweetheart!?

Does she have an important role or something?

"Um... I am pretty aware that this is his idea but I am doing fine on my own, really. Thank you for bringing me my things and luggage but I will talk to Daniel about it and you won't have any problem." I reply getting up slowly.

And yes, I am still wearing my clothes, I didn't have my pajamas or anything else last night. And I hate Daniel even more now, I have bearably slept and do you know why? Because I was smelling him all night and I was a chicken! I didn't dare to break the door because the guards would have taken me to him in his room!

He is going to pay for this, I promise! The man is driving me crazy!

"Diana..." Martha begins and I give her a confused look.

She is not calling me 'Miss' anymore... Something is happening here.

"I am Daniel's personal maid or better his nanny since the day he was born. He trusts me blindly, I am the only one that he allows to get in his room, I am the one that knows everything about him, the one that is not scared of him. I have him like a son and he has me like his second mother. I know you are mad at him and you don't need my help but if you go against him again he is going to react really badly and no one wants this to happen. I will be discreet, I promise, just don't create a fight from nowhere this time." She continues and I sit again on my bed tapping it for her to join me.

I am sure I have the silliest expression there is, my mouth is open, I am speechless and now everything make sense.

She can do anything she wants, she is telling the truth so I can see the point in everything!

"You can talk to me about everything honey! I am here for you, don't worry about a thing!" she whispers and raises her hand to caress my back gently.

I bite my lower lip and look at her thoughtfully.

I really like her, I have to admit she looks special and kind, like Victoria. No wonder why Daniel's parents trusted her to be his nanny and why he feels like this about her. She has a very sweet and calm way of approaching someone, even me that I am a mess right now and not very calm and logical to deal with even the slightest thing.

"You know what happened, don't you?" I ask her meaningfully and she giggles nodding.

"I know everything and I know how you feel, I understand but I also happen to know about what Daniel feels as well..." she replies and moves closer to me.

I willingly allow her to hold me in her arms and I leave my head rest on her shoulder. I sigh and she tightens her hold around me. Her sweet scent is affecting me immediately and even my crazy, angry wolf purrs. Honey... She smells like honey with a small doze of vanilla.

"He is confusing me and he is very scaring when he gets mad. His silence is a torture and he doesn't look so willing to talk and explain even the slightest thing..." I murmur troubled.

"It is logical... It is the first time he feels like this for someone. For you... He is more scared than you Diana. You have felt how real love feels like but he hasn't... He was always distant... Now he can't be and the thought of you leaving again is his biggest nightmare. He is too proud to admit it, too angry and hurt to show it. Your behavior is not helping him at all. Be a bit patient with him."

"Martha, everything is his own fault! Don't try to excuse him, you know he is wrong!" I say in frustration with Destiny growling again.

Welcome back bitch!

"I know Diana, I am not defending him, I am just telling you why he acts this way. You are right for doubting him but he needs time to open up and get used to all these new feelings. He was always alone, now he has you, he wants to be with you, he is in love and your bond is not usual. You do know it... You two are the strongest werewolves and nothing can be normal or in logical limits. He is a man, it is then times worse for him and his wolf." She says in sympathy.

I shake my head in confusion but in the end I nod and Destiny shows me her teeth.

Yeah, like I care right now...

Kiss my ass you idiot bitch wolf!

"I will try to be patient but his ways are not helping me. I will wait a bit to see his reactions and he also told me that we have to talk today... I guess I can do that." I state sit back properly.

She gives me a big, excited smile and I blush. I don't just like her, I love her!

"Good baby. Now you have to take a bath, get dressed and go downstairs for breakfast. I will tidy everything and put your things in their new places. If you need me just mind link me, I will go to Daniel's next." She says getting up with me doing the same in a bit bored mood.

I am about to walk to the bathroom when a knock at the door stops me and I take a quite familiar scent.

Mmm... Tim?!

The Delta is here? Are you fucking kidding me Daniel? You put your Delta to come and check on me!?

"Come in!" I say through my teeth and Martha gives me a calm, encouraging nod reading me mind.

The door opens the very next moment and Tim bows to me immediately. He stands up again and I give him a forced smile.

"Good morning." I say in hurry.

"Good morning Miss Diana. The King asked me to bring you something... He asks for your forgiveness and understanding because something came up and he has to delay your meeting in his office. He will be able to see you in about three hours from now and he wants you to give a read in this until then..." he says nervously but still in a kind way and hands me some papers.

I take them in my hands and close my eyes cursing under my breath. Of course, he is busy now...

The asshole!

"Thank you Tim. You can go." I murmur and turn around walking to the window.

I listen to him walking and getting out of the room and the door closes some seconds later. Martha walks to me and stops on my side. I bring the papers closer and lower my head to read the first paper and the blood in my veins freezes.

It writes...

'Contract!'

I throw the papers down and they scatter everywhere. I take some steps back and my hands turn into fists. Martha looks at me with a worried expression and quite pale and seems ready to talk but I growl warningly and she stops.

I was sure he would do his stupidity again! Assholes do nothing right and I am done staying in here afraid of challenging him.

You know what?

I am done!

I turn around and almost run out of my room banging the door behind me. I need some fresh air, a long run, I need it so fucking much!

"And so do I!" Destiny states angrily ready to lose her self control.

"Diana stop! Where are you going?" Martha shouts from behind me but I do not stop.

I am tired of him and all this! I hate him!

Contract? He wants us to have a contract?!

Well Daniel, fuck you!

"Diana, please! Where..." she screams again but I stop her before she ends her phrase.

"OUT!"

~some time later, palace~

Daniel's pov

It is over, finally!

I fall back sighing and Landon smiles relieved.

"I had never thought about it... I mean Adam and Elena have rogues problems?! And the rogues are vampires and not werewolves or any other kind of species and they want a partnership with us if this continues..." he murmurs still surprised.

I nod and shake my head thoughtfully, he is right! Adam and Elena are the King and Queen of the vampires. They are both about 700 years old but the age they were turned was around their 35's and so they look like 35 years old. They have four sons and in some years from now their older son named Killian is going to become the new King.

Unlike the rumors about hatred between werewolves and vampires we have perfect relationships. Okay, in the past we had some problems but things changed when my grandpa became King and he helped them deal with a big group of vampires that wanted to make a revolution and have another man as their King. So from that moment we have very good relationships and now they are asking my help if things get out of the limits for once more.

I was to them the previous days, they asked me to go and talk in private and I couldn't deny it. I told them about Diana and they are happy for me. They are mates you see and they never broke up, they are still crazy in love and they want everyone to have his mate so their reaction is logical. They even asked me to meet her in the near future and I promised them to come and pay us a visit once things between me and Diana get better.

So Diana is the reason I came back earlier than the expected. They felt my need to see her and so we are working on some plans we didn't have the time to work on from distance through Skype or even e-mail.

This is what I had been doing with Landon almost four hours now and I am glad it is over.

I need to see Diana and talk.

"Does Diana know about it?" Landon asks me making me snap my head to him surprised.

"Um, no. You haven't told her and I haven't either. At you forget that it is a secret, not that I don't trust her on this but..."

"You didn't find the right opportunity. You are right. We are not going to tell her. I, your parents, Jeremy and Elias won't tell her a thing." He says and I nod.

"I need to solve our problems before I add more worries to her. I can deal with everything on my own until then." I explain nervously.

"And what are you planning to do now? Last night she calmed you down from what I can see but I have to say that I am a bit worried of your calmness... You are up to something, aren't you?" he asks me with meaning and I lean forward placing my hands on the desk.

I know he is going to get mad at me once I tell him what I have done but I can do nothing else if I want to get sure that she won't run away from me again. I won't bear it so...

"I am going to have a contract with her." I whisper awkwardly and before I manage to say one more thing he is already standing up with the most shocked look there is.

"WHAT ON EARTH DANEIL? A CONTRACT? YOU WANT A CONTRACT WITH YOUR MATE? AND YOU ARE EXPECTING FROM HER TO BE FINE WITH IT?" he screams and slams his fists on the desk.

I groan and push my chair back without standing up. I know he is partly right but he is not in my position. There is no other way to be certain she won't leave me again.

"Land... She won't be able to run away from now on. I won't lose her. This is why I want this to happen. Please, understand me!" I almost beg and he growls shaking from anger.

"Man, you are an idiot! I can't believe you! This is ridiculous and I am sorry to say this but Diana won't find it ridiculous but humiliating. It is like you are trying to keep her here like a prisoner with no rights and freedom. Did you even think of this?" he shouts in frustration.

I did! I swear but I am desperate! What else can I do?!

"I know bro! But I can't control her without it! I can't have her here for sure. I..."

"Daniel!" Jeremy calls me through our personal link and I stop talking.

Great!

"What?" I ask shortly running out of patience.

"Diana is for a run in the forest. She is alone. She left after Tim gave her something you told him to. What happened? She is blocking everyone!" he says troubled and a bit angry.

I jump up breathless and growl so loud that Landon steps back and Devon appears in my mind howling in wary and pure anger.

"Damn this woman!" I scream and run out of my office passing by a confused Landon.

"What happened?" he shouts running behind me.

"I want the best trackers and fighters right now. Diana is missing, she is blocking everyone! I am going to find her." I reply in hurry heading to the stairs with Jeremy listening to me as well through the link.

"Okay, try to calm down. You know she is strong, she would have told us if anything bad had happened to her!" Landon says trying to help me but in fact he makes things worse.

I stop and turn to him with the need to attack him but the last moment I stop. Diana comes first and he is trying to support me. He might be right but when it comes to her nothing is simple for me and especially after what has happened to her.

"Close your mouth and do as I said or else get ready to spend the next month in prison!" I growl and with this I turn and run down the stairs with Diana being my only thought.

"You are pushing it Diana... You keep on pushing it!"

~some minutes later, forest~

Third person's pov

Daniel was running in his wolf form panicked. He had given Devon full control and allowed him to follow his instinct.

He knew that Devon could find Destiny easier than he could find Diana as the wolves had stronger instincts due to their wild nature. Devon had already found Diana the last time when she had gotten shot and Daniel trusted him blindly.

The best trackers and fighters of the Kingdom were with him in the forest trying to take even the smallest scent that would lead them to Diana and Aiden with Ellie, Thomas and Jeremy were also joining them.

Daniel had decided to search for Diana alone. He had made the teams but he thought that it was for the best to have no one else with him. He had to be fully concentrated in Diana, he didn't want to be distracted and Devon's instinct were leading them to a specific place, her favorite one, his favorite one...

The waterfall!

"I think she is there! I am not sure but I think I can smell her. It's a small one from strawberries mixed with blueberries..." Devon said in determination and Daniel nodded in approval.

"Go! Don't lose more time!" he ordered and Devon began running fast following the weak scent.

Daniel was angry but silent. He couldn't believe how Diana had done that to him again. He knew it was his fault but she didn't have to react like that. He had already put that rule in the contract...

She had to go everywhere outside the palace accompanied, he had to be informed from her and she had ignored him completely.

Devon from the other side was surprisingly very calm or at least he was trying to be because he wanted to find his mate and get sure she was safe and sound. He had already told Daniel that he was afraid of Diana's reaction, he knew it and he was expecting something like that. He could understand Diana and Destiny this time, he had to be softer and with more patient than Daniel. Taking from their mates their freedom was a mistake but a necessary measure if they wanted her to stay next to them. They would try to show them their love later but they needed that contract to calm down.

After about ten minutes Devon slowly slowed down as the waterfall's sounds and Diana's scent and not Destiny's scent became too strong and intense.

"She is in the water... Again." Devon murmured and Daniel took a step forward in his mind.

"And she can smell us!" he added shortly and sighed.

"Get in the damn water, shift and talk to her! Don't you dare make things worse or else I am taking control again and do things on my own way!" Devon warned him and stepped back giving back to Daniel full control.

Daniel took a deep breath and began walking again to the waterfall where he had already seen Diana before but back then he had no idea who she really was.

Now he knew and he was more nervous than ever. She was naked, again... This thought was not helping him act wisely. He wanted her like crazy and the last days they had gotten closer making his need for her even bigger.

He sighed like he was trying to get rid of his nervousness and stepped out of the woods and bushes to find Diana in the water already looking at him.

She had smelled him, she knew he was there and she was prepared to face him.

She was observing him walking from the woods to the water in his wolf form and once he got in the water and took some steps he stopped with his black eyes never leaving hers and shifted.

The next second he was standing some meters right opposite of her in his human form with his green now eyes shining. His expression was blank, his breaths hot, fast and sharp. His board chest was out of the water and it was moving up and down uncontrollably.

Diana from the other side was standing without moving on her place. Her eyes were not light blue mixed with grey and not even cloudy... They were almost black. Her jaw was clenching and her cheeks were red. Her expression was wild, she was more than angry at him and this time she was not planning to step back for any reason.

Daniel took some slow steps to her and stopped some when only some inches were separating them. Diana didn't stop him, she didn't even move all that time, she was just staring right into his eyes trying to control her need to kill him.

"I..." Daniel began triggering her reaction.

She raised her right hand and slapped him so hard that he turned his face and closed his eyes from the pain as the sound echoed everywhere around them getting one with the waterfall's noises.

"You are an asshole and I am done stepping back!" she screamed breathless.

"Who are you to behave like this to me, huh? Who are you to take away from me my freedom? Who?" she continued fighting with her own self in order not to attack him.

Daniel exhaled heavily and turned again to look at her. His cheek was burning, his skin was getting red but his eyes were still green, he was not angry anymore and her question was easy for him.

"I am your mate and the King." He replied shortly truthfully and began laughing ironically.

"My mate? Really? You are my mate?!" she asked still through her laughter.

"Diana, you know it, stop..."

"NO! You stop and listen to me now!" she cut him off firmly making him gasp.

"I never accepted you back! I never asked you to take back your damn rejection! I fucking rejected you! You wanted this to happen and you can't come after all these years and act like we are mates because WE ARE NOT!" she said emphasizing her last words.

"And..." she continued and smirked devilishly.

"You will soon stop being my King! You won't be able to tell me what to do or to take my freedom away from me!" she whispered and took a deep breath getting ready to say the right words.

Daniel's eyes widen in realization and Devon began howling with mania. He knew what she meant and he was never going to accept it. He couldn't allow her to deny him as her King and announce herself a rogue.

"I, Diana..."

"DON'T YOU EVEN SAY IT!" Daniel roared grabbing her from her arms and pulling her on him.

"Why, huh? Why?" she screamed back trying to get free from his tight hold.

Daniel brought her even closer to him and locked his eyes on hers. He could feel his self control disappearing and he wanted to prevent this from happening. He couldn't mark her, he couldn't make her his. He had to act wisely, he had to be smart.

He smirked wickedly once an idea popped in his mind and Diana's eyes widen in confusion.

What was he up to again?

"If you deny me and announce yourself rogue, I will kill everyone in your pack, everyone I see, everyone I..."

"ENOUGH!" Diana roared and Destiny pushed her back taking full control over her.

Daniel blinked his eyes surprised and got ready to open his mouth and talk but Destiny pushed him back, got free from his hold and growled breathing harshly.

"Give me full control. I want to talk with my mate, it is time, don't you think? She is going to rip us into pieces if you open your mouth!" Devon told him impatiently and Daniel nodded thoughtfully in agreement.

"Okay... I guess you are right, good luck!" Daniel murmured and Devon took his position.

The next second when he opened his eyes they were black and Destiny smirked ironically raising her eyebrows.

"Wow... The little asshole is scared and asked some help from the other asshole!" she stated and Devon took a step to her trying to maintain his patience.

"Mate..." he whispered trying to get close to her but she raised her hand and stopped him.

"I am not your mate! If I was then you would have stopped him when he rejected Diana and me. You would have tried to keep me here or even find me all these years! I am not your mate, don't you ever say it again!" Destiny said firmly making his heart break.

She was right... He couldn't deny it, he had to try harder for her, he had to do something but Daniel was blocking him for years when he was trying to talk to him about them. And then...

Then Devon was making his appearance extremely rarely, he was in pain and alone. Only his duty as the Alpha King was keeping him from not leaving Daniel for good.

He gained every power he had and stepped forward again. He had to talk to her, make her listen to him.

"You are right, I swear, I know it! Just listen. I never stopped thinking of you, missing you, dreaming of you and wishing to find you again. I never approved Daniel's behavior, I am never going to defend him, I was against everything he did to us. I was in pain like you and Diana. I 'woke up' again after five years the moment we saw you again. Even like Irish we felt the pull, the bond, we fell in love with you! Please... Destiny I swear! Let me prove I am honest!"

"Bullshit! That's why he slept with that bitch? I was here, Diana was here! Why did he sleep with her? Why did you allow him to? Fucking coward, liar!" Destiny screamed avoiding his touch.

"He had a talk with Aiden. He told him his suspicions about Diana being alive and Daniel got mad at you. He thought that she planned her death to punish him for rejected you two. I tried to reason with him but he blocked me. He did it as revenge or something. I was in pain that night, I knew that 'Irish' would hate us even more, I was telling him..." he tried to explain further but Destiny was not an easy she wolf...

She was strong, she was stubborn, difficult to trust. She had already believed in him and Daniel once and they had betrayed her as Diana had told her. She was never going to accept it again. She preferred to stay alone than be with him and get hurt for one more time. She needed proofs, she couldn't accept to become his toy, she was proud.

"I don't believe a single word! You and he are making the one wrong move after the other. You must be an idiot to think that I can trust you! You want to take away from me my freedom! I and Diana have come back from hell, we have lived things you will never be able to imagine, we made it without you and we can keep on making it without you! I am not a toy, I can't be fooled, I won't accept to be used! Where have you been when Daniel was allowing that bitch to sit next to him ON MY PLACE?" she screamed again in the end taking a threatening step to him.

"YOU ARE THE QUEEN, YOU ARE OUR QUEEN! He knows it, he was wrong, he feels awful and I am not trying to defend him mate. We are scared of losing you again, we won't bear it! We are overreacting, he is not talking that much but we both say the truth! Just gives us a chance!" Devon begged her hurt and scared and locked his eyes on hers.

Destiny growled confused in frustration. She didn't know what to do, he couldn't be such a great actor. And she had to admit that Daniel had made some improvement even thought she was against him and she hadn't told Diana that she was impressed from his behavior. He had saved their life, he was taking care of them, he had taken back his rejection, he had killed Eva that dared to insult and tried to hurt Diana and he needed her close to him for the first time.

He was changing a bit but she wasn't going to fall for him that easily.

She groaned again annoyed and sighed.

She was glad she had already blocked Diana and she shook her head thoughtfully.

"Is he listening to us?" She asked shortly.

"No, I wanted us to be alone, I have blocked him." Devon replied getting even closer to her but this time she didn't move away and allowed him to reach her.

He raised his hand and touched her cheek gently. She stood there without reacting with her eyes never leaving his and when he raised his other hand and capped her face she pressed her lips nervously.

She could feel the sparks, the need for more, the big wave of desire building up inside her and she was sure that Devon was in worse condition than her but she had to stay strong and fight her body and heart. It was the time to take the right decisions...

"One chance... One." She whispered firmly and he smiled immediately with his eyes shining from relief and enthusiasm.

"Mate, you won't regret it! I promise!" he said ready to hug her but she pulled back and groaned.

"If even one of you two fail I am convincing Diana to leave and never come back again. I understand all this desperate wrong movements but I won't show more understanding... Don't tell him a thing, let the boy do as his heart tells him... I won't tell Diana either." She said and with this she passed by him, shifted in her wolf form and got out of the water leaving him speechless and relieved.

"We won't disappoint you again, mate..."

****************************

Hello my friends!!!

The 20th chapter is finally here! I know I was lost for more than the usual but I was in a very bad mood and I am having exams until next Monday!

Also if you want you can go and find me in Dreame with the same name and photo.

And now back to our story as I really want to know your thoughts and opinions! How do feel about this chapter? How do you feel about Daniel and Diana? And what about Destiny and Devon's first talk? What is going to happen next? Is he going to behave more wisely?

As always at this point I would like to thank you very much for your love, support, commends and impatience in order to read the chapters. The book has reached about 5.170 views, I am grateful. I am trying my best so continue showing me how much you want more and:

1) Vote,

2) Commend and tell me your opinions and thoughts, or

3) Share the story.

This is it for this week, see you again in the next chapter. Be safe and happy until next time!

I love you all,

                            Marie...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 2.7K 48
☆ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬 ☆ Iris was just another girl. She was intelligent, caring, clever, and much more. She lived a normal and happy...
89.6K 4.2K 22
READ BOOK ONE MY MATE.....THE NERD FIRST Lucas King, the oldest son of Alphas Dimitir and Bennett King, is not your typical 15 year old teenager. Wh...
2.8M 139K 46
Grace has spent the past two years locked up and held prisoner by Kellan and his rogues. Now that she is finally free she wants nothing more than to...
198 14 19
Hope is a dangerous girl compared to the other girls around her. She can fight with powers unseen in most girls. She fights with the powers to create...