The Truth After Allegiant

By TrisEaton4610

Book One +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One [You are here] : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Chicago Today
Chapter 2 - Trying to Help
Chapter 3 - Life is Strange
Chapter 4 - Stalling
Please Note!!
Chapter 5 - Waking Up
Chapter 6 - I'm Responsible
Chapter 7 - Rules
Chapter 8 - Unexpected News
Chapter 9 - Plans
Chapter 10 - Trouble
Chapter 11 - Invitations
Chapter 12 - An Adventure to the Bathroom
Chapter 14 - Secrets Revealed
Chapter 15 - Pet Store Visit
Chapter 16 - Mom?
Chapter 17 - The Wedding
Chapter 18 - Not Her Fault
Chapter 19 - The Reception
Chapter 20 - Unfortunate Reality
Chapter 21 - Party Prep
Chapter 22 - Research
Chapter 23 - The Puppy
Chapter 24 - New Arrivals
Chapter 25 - Mysterious TV
Chapter 26 - Thoughts and Confusion
Chapter 27 - Deaths?
Chapter 28 - All At Once
Chapter 29 - Amity Much?
Chapter 30 - Painful Love
Please Read!!!
Chapter 31 - Flashbacks
Chapter 32 - Fate of Us
Chapter 33 - Erudite
Chapter 34 - Here We Go
Chapter 35 - Bad Luck
Chapter 36 - Can't Be Good
Chapter 37 - This Isn't a Hospital
Chapter 38 - Rough Decisions
Chapter 39 - My Little Brother
Chapter 40 - Who?
Chapter 41- I Refuse
Chapter 42 - Awake
Chapter 43 - Worth It?
Chapter 44 - Success
Hear Me Out Guys
Chapter 45 - Telling
Chapter 46 - Is She...?
Chapter 47 - I Have To
Chapter 48 - Files?
Chapter 49 - The Truth
Chapter 50 - Gone
Chapter 51 - Wet Dog
Chapter 52 - Only Begun
Chapter 53 - Nightmare
Chapter 54 - Right into Place
Chapter 55 - Can it?
Chapter 56 - Watch and Wait
Chapter 57 - Back to Chicago
Chapter 58 - Some Hope
Chapter 59 - I'm Done
Chapter 60 - Stupidity
Chapter 61 - Make Sure of It
Chapter 62 - How?
Chapter 63 - Dauntless Compound?
Chapter 64 - Four More Days
Chapter 65 - Stay Silent
Chapter 66 - What if They Already Know...?
Chapter 67 - I Don't Care
Chapter 68 - Holy Crap
Chapter 69 - Your and My Deaths
~Epilogue~
Trivia!
Thank You!!
~Final Note~
Learning to Trust
200K

Chapter 13 - Birthday Idea

5.4K 162 172
By TrisEaton4610

Chapter 13 - Birthday Idea

Evelyn (A/N- keep in mind that her and Tobias made up in the end of Allegiant and she lives in the Dauntless compound now.)

I wake up to a meowing at the end of my bed.

"Holly, go back to sleep! It's to early to get up." I groan.

Holly is my cat that Tobias gave me for my birthday last year. Considering that my birthday is December eleventh, I decided to name her Holly since it made sense for the time of year. She is still a kitten, a little over a year old and is black with white feet.

When Tobias gave her to me, he said that it was so I'd have company when he would leave the fence (A/N- The fence is more like the "border line" of Chicago in this point of time.) because of being one of the co-leaders of Chicago. He doesn't leave as often anymore, maybe four or five times a year... but it's still nice to have Holly to keep me company.

Tobias found out that his birthday is May fourth once he transfered to Dauntless, and let me say that he is the hardest person to get a gift for.

Considering that his birthday is two weeks from today, I really should find out what to get him. He's just so depressed though... he doesn't have any hobbies other than working. And he's interested in computers, but I don't want him to be on a computer at work all day, then give him some kind of device for home. I want to give him something that will maybe help him with his depression...

Holly comes up and purrs rubbing her face against my cheek begging for attention.

"Oh Holly..." I say shaking my head. "Holly..." She looks at me probably wondering why I repeated her name.

I know now! I know what to get him. I'm sure his friends will help too.

I pick up Holly and go to make breakfast, then I will call some his friends to see if they'll help.

Christina

It's around nine in the morning when my phone rings while I'm eating breakfast.

The caller ID says -Evelyn Johnson-

I must know her if the phone recognized the number... Oh, Evelyn! Four's mother! Duh! I pick it up and answer it.

"Good morning!" I say cheerfully.

"Hi Christina, it's Evelyn, Four's mother."

"Yeah, I recognized the caller ID."

"So I was wondering if you could help me spread this word to all of Four's friends. It's about his birthday next week..."

"Yeah, sure."

"So I wanted to get him a present that would help him with this depression he's fallen into, and he had gotten me a cat for my birthday so I wouldn't be so lonely when he was away," she starts.

"I don't see where your going here, Evelyn. Four doesn't seem like a cat person..." I state very confused.

"Oh, I don't want to get him a cat. I was thinking more like a dog or puppy."

"You know, I really think that might actually help. I mean, if he's not alone, maybe Tris will be off of his mind, and the dog would help keep him busy."

"Exactly. So what I want you and his friends to do is get him the other things, like a leash, collar, dog bed and so on... Also, I have no idea what kind or breed of dog to get him. I was thinking a puppy that would grow much bigger, and defiantly a male."

"I agree that it should be a male so he has another guy friend, and one that will get pretty big... I don't see him enjoying a little dog. Plus, puppies are more work than grown dogs, so that will also keep him more busy."

"Yes. I'm just not sure what breed to get him though... I don't know much about dogs or animals in general."

"Don't worry about that. A bunch of us are meeting up for lunch today, and George has had a Greyhound for almost three years now. He's bound to know what breed Four would like. I'm sure the others will be in on it too."

"Thanks so much, Christina! I don't know what I would have done without you." She says sounding relieved.

"Oh, no problem! I'll take notes of what they say at lunch, then call you later tonight. How does that sound?"

"Perfect. I'll be home. Thanks again!"

"No problem, again! Talk to you later!" I hang up.

*   *   *

It's a slow day at the tattoo parlor, so I let my mind drift off to other things. I think about dog breeds; how Four will react to his gift; how thankful I am that he has a leader meeting during lunch today, so I will be able to tell the group without him hearing. I've come to the conclusion that he'll most likely be pretty annoyed or confused about a dog. But who knows, maybe he'll be happy that he has company in his apartment. Maybe he will be furious and reject the dog... He is pretty unpredictable sometimes.

"Christina, you can go on your lunch now!" My boss, Bec calls interrupting my thoughts.

Her real name is Rebecca, but you learn fast to call her Bec. Rebecca is defiantly to girly of a name for her, and she agrees, making her pissed when you call her it.

It's quarter to twelve now, and I get a hour and fifteen minutes for lunch. But she isn't to strict on being back precisely after the hour and fifteen, it's more like as long as you are back within a half hour after you were suppose to be back, which is nice so I'm not running to get back here and sit bored for the rest of the day,

"Okay, see you at one!" I yell back, heading to the Cafeteria.

I wonder what they'll think of the birthday idea.

*   *   *

"Christina! Over here!" I hear Shauna call me over to the groups table.

"Hey guys! What's up? I've got some stuff to tell you guys."

"What'd you do now?" Zeke shakes his head at me.

"You always assume the worst. Anyway, I thought about that... Evelyn, Four's mother has an idea for what to get him for his birthday next week."

"Good because I can think I can speak for everybody when I say that he is a hard person to get stuff for." Amar says.

"So, don't leave us hanging! What's the big birthday idea?" Shauna asks

"Keep in mind that I am really not kidding when I say this... She wants to get him a dog, and she wants us to get stuff that he would need for a dog for his birthday. She needs help figuring out what kind of dog or puppy to get him. I told her definitely something that will grow up to be pretty big."

Georges the first to speak, "You know, that's actually a great idea! A dog will keep him busy, and maybe a little less depressed."

"I agree with George," Zeke says "That might actually help."

Amar nods in agreement.

"What happens if he rejects the dog?" Shauna asks. "I don't think he'll be to happy about it..."

"Well, he's getting one if he wants it or not." I state. "Evelyn will have to take care of that if that does end up happening.

She nods.

"I agree that we should get him a big dog, and definitely a male." Zeke says.

"No, we should get a male puppy that will grow into a big done because puppies are more work and that will keep him busier." Shauna says.

"I agree. " Amar says.

"She should check out the pet store in the pit. They would know what to get her for him. I'd think maybe a Husky or a German Shepherd or a Lab maybe..." George says.

I knew he would know a lot about this considering that he's had many dogs before. I did have a bulldog once when I was little, but I never owned one for myself, nor do I know much of any breeds.

I take out the notepad that I brought for information for Evelyn and write down,

-Pet store in Pit
-Husky
-German Shepherd
-Lab

"Okay. So. Are we all in and getting stuff for the dog for him for his birthday?" I ask.

I get a chorus of yeses and head nods in reply.

"How about George and I get him a dog bed, and some toys." Amar says. I write that down.

"Shauna and I can get him a food bowl, water bowl, and more toys." Zeke says and Shauna nods. I write that down too.

"Great! How about I'll get him a leash and collar, and some toys as well." I say and write that down too.

Everyone nods.

"This is going to be great! I hope that he will eventually be okay with it though..." Shauna says.

"Don't worry about that. It'll be fine." I reassure her.

*   *   *

I just got home from working at the tattoo parlor and I'm looking for Evelyn's phone number in my recent calls in my phone. Once I find it, I called the number back.

"Hello?"

"Hi Evelyn! It's Christina calling you back.

"Oh yeah. Hi! How'd it go? Do they like the idea?"

"Totally! They're all in on it. I made a list of things that they're going to get him."

"George recommends that you go to the pet store in the pit and ask them. He thinks that a puppy Husky, Lab, or German Shepherd. I'd ask the people at the pet store."

"Okay. I will go do that some time in the next few days since his birthday is like 6 days away."

"Oh yeah. That reminds me. I have to go to Caleb and Cara's wedding that week. Four had agreed to go with me to keep me company."

"Caleb as in Tris's older brother?"

"Yep."

"How'd you convince him to go to that! I'm impressed! That's good that he'll get out a little then."

"I kind of guilted him into going with me. But at least he's going."

"Yeah. Have fun!"

"I will, thanks!"

I hang up the phone then go and look at my calendar on the wall of my apartment and write in on May fourth ~Four's Birthday~

His birthday is the day after May third, the day of the wedding. Today is April twenty-eighth.

Five days until Caleb and Cara's wedding.

Six days until Four's birthday.

You can buy a dog and give it as a gift all within six days, right?

A/N- Hi humans!!

I currently have 36 reads. I love each and every one of you that reads this! I feel like 36 is so many reads, but then I look at people in the near 1 million range and I'm like "I don't care! I'm proud of my 36 reads!" Lol

I hope that everyone had a great Friday, or at least a Friday better than mine!

Let's just say that I, trying to type on my iPad Mini with one hand and hold an ice pack on my nose with the other. Not to easy... Lol. Long story short, I got hit in the face with a ball in gym class today and it hit me right in the temple of my nose. On the bright side, it isn't broken!

Life lesson to you all...

Don't ever participate in Turkey- themed games in gym. They lead to a major headache and many ice packs!

Now that I'm done ranting about how I cannot catch...

Mockingjay Part 1 came out today!!! I can't wait to see it!

Anyway...
Thanks for reading!

VOTE!

AND

COMMENT!

AND

BE BRAVE <4

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

755K 18.1K 68
Two years after Allegiant Tris comes back to the factions. Nobody knows who she really is, even Tobias. She's not sure she's ready to tell anyone tha...
Tris Prior By AJ

Fanfiction

266K 6.5K 54
"Will he save her?" // 1/3 books :) // CAUTION: Explicit Content
297K 7.3K 50
What if Tris didn't die in Allegiant but everyone else thinks she's dead. What will she do now that she has survived? Will she ever find her way back...
47.5K 1.1K 30
Book Four +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two : Learning to Trust Book Three : All for You. Book T...