Perfect Preparation

By LexForLexxanie

The day before Kaila's eighteenth birthday she fails to get into the club with some of her friends. Her small... More

Chapter 1: Eerie Feeling
Chapter 2: Birthday
Chapter 3: Kidnapped
Chapter 4: Baby
Chapter 5: You're Who
Chapter 6: Rejected
Chapter 7: Learn To Listen
Chapter 8: Rebellious
Chapter 9: Progress
Chapter 10: Bedtime
Chapter 11: Decision
Chapter 12: A New Morning
Chapter 13: Breakfast Mayhem
Chapter 14: Awkward Meeting
Chapter 15: Inner Feelings
Chapter 16: Bonding
Chapter 17: Trip Gone Wrong
Chapter 18: Christmas Surprise
Chapter 19: Slip Up
Chapter 20: Shattered and Broken
Chapter 21:Temper Tantrum
Chapter 22:  Déjà vu
Chapter 23: Early Gift
Chapter 24: Crazy Thoughts
Chapter 25: Call Up
Chapter 26: Road Trip
Chapter 27: Panic Mode
Chapter 28: Backstage
Chapter 29: Quiet On Set
Chapter 30: The Issue At Hand
Chapter 31: Rollercoaster Day
Chapter 32: Mob Madness
Chapter 33: Open Road
Chapter 34: The Talk
Chapter 35: Work Day
Chapter 36: Exposed
Chapter 37: True Friend
Chapter 38: Old Voice
Chapter 39: Worries
Chapter 40: Good News
Chapter 41: Deception
Chapter 42: New Day New Mood
Chapter 43: Sweet Treat
Chapter 44: Little Boutique
Chapter 45: Day On The Town
Chapter 46: Diamond Jewel
Chapter 47: Nina To The Rescue
Chapter 48: Sneaky Ears
Chapter 49: Super Spy
Chapter 50: Home Is Where The Heart Lies
Chapter 51: Family Fun
Chapter 52: Stressful Morning
Chapter 53: Fashion Show
Chapter 54: The Hearing
Chapter 55: Photo Shoot
Chapter 56: Story Time
Chapter 57: Adventure Awaits
Chapter 58: Fairy Dust
Chapter 59: Amusement Park
Chapter 60: Return Of A Fairy
Chapter 61: Until Dusk
Chapter 62: Daddy/Daughter Day
Chapter 63: Interruption
Chapter 64: Shipwreck
Chapter 65: At Your Service
Chapter 66: Trouble In Paradise
Chapter 67: Yearning For Love
Chapter 69: Traitor
Chapter 70: Broken Pieces
Chapter 71: A Mother's Bond
Chapter 72: Risky Move
Chapter 73: Blackmail
Chapter 74: Nanny Nina
Chapter 75: Triple Threat
Chapter 76: Under the Willow Tree
Chapter 77: To The Studio
Chapter 78: Reflection
Chapter 79: Exposed
Chapter 80: Confession
Chapter 81: Guardianship
Chapter 82: Girly Gossip
Chapter 83: Surprise Visit
Chapter 84: Crushing
Chapter 85: Cookie Call
Chapter 86: Second Chances
Chapter 87: Double Date
Chapter 88: The Girls Are Back
Chapter 89: The Easy Part
Chapter 90: The Art of Secrecy
Chapter 91: The Cave
Chapter 92: The Dark Past
Chapter 93: Only A Rumor
Chapter 94: Strange Encounter
Chapter 95: Blue Mist
Chapter 96: Zander
Chapter 97: Isolation Unit
Chapter 98: Withdrawal
Chapter 99: White Light
Chapter 100: Under One Moon

Chapter 68: Mole

5.8K 164 17
By LexForLexxanie

Upon arrive at the courthouse, it was nearing closing time and just as they parked their car they spotted the judge walking out of the building towards his car.

They jumped at the opportunity and ran over to him with their copy of the order that they picked up on their way here.

The judge looked wide eyes at them trying to quickly get his car open but by the time he fumbled to find the right key, Lain and Mallix were standing right besides him.

Their arms were crossed and they gave him a scarily calm look. "Can I help you?" He asked hesitantly.

"Yeah, remember us?!" Mallix stepped closer making the judge coward back until his back hit his car.

Mallix's voice was deep and thick, the judge nodded while he continued, "good, then care to explain to us why you ordered for the Michael's to win."

Lain stepped forwards wanting to hear this part especially.

"Well...well you see I uh...uh I don't have to answer you...it is my judgment to make. Besides, I...I stated that while Ms. Kaila is eighteen...h-her parents have filed paperwork displaying her inability to care for herself. I had no choice but to grant them guardianship." He tried to move but the car stopped him as Mallix slammed his hand against his car over the judge's shoulder.

His eyes burning black staring straight into the judges. "Inability! Kaila is more than capable of taking care of herself! What evidence did they present of such accusation?!"

"T-that's...classified information. I, I can't tell you." He cowered hiding his face from the scarlet color Mallix's face was.

"Fine! Let's say they gave you some evidence of that! Why didn't we win?! Our evidence was factual and our witness testified for us!" As the words left Mallix's lips the judge looked down at the floor, like a child hiding an obvious secret.

"What are you hiding?!" Lain uncrossed her arms getting in on the action.

"I...I...I uh..." he shut his eyes hoping by the time they opened the couple would be gone.

But to no surprise was met with an even redder Mallix got in his face. "She bribed me!" He blurted out of the blue causing the couple to jump back in slight disbelief.

"Wait..." Lain stepped forwards pulling Mallix back so she could see him. "...they bribed you?! Isn't that, I don't know...illegal! Your a judge for f*** sake! Why'd you take it?!" She was furious.

"But they...they... I uh...don't tell anyone please!" He begged of them.

"Why not, getting your a** thrown in jail and kicked out of your job makes this situation a whole lot easier for us!" Mallix spat at him.

His eyes widened dropping to his knees begging for them not to tell. "What'd they bribe you with huh?! Money?! Power?!" Lain interrogated grabbing him by the collar of his shirt and pulling him back up to his feet, he was hovering inches off the ground when Lain extended her arms.

"Mo-mon...money." He embarrassing answered blushing.

"How much?! How much was worth us losing our little girl for?! What'd they give you?!" Mallix took him from Lain's hold and slammed him against his car.

"Ten...ten...ten grand" he tried to pry Mallix's hands off from his shirt to get free but was unsuccessful.

Mallix rolled his eyes irritated and full of anger throwing him off the car and onto the ground. "Ten grand?!" He got down near the judges face threatening to choke him out.

"What else did they do to bribe you?!" Mallix tightened his grip on the judges neck, watching happily as his face was slowing starting to become red.

"T-they didn't give me anything else...j-just evidence...f-from...t-the...g-girl." He was trying to tap out breathing in between squeezes.

"Girl?! What, you mean Lauren?! Was she in on this too?!" Lain got down prying her husbands hands off his neck, lifting him up and leaning his back against his car.

While he was hyperventilating to catch his lost breathe he nodded. Mallix and Lain looked back at each other taken back in shock. Their mouths hung down wide realizing they were destined to fail from the very beginning.

"They played us..." Lain face palmed feeling a wave of relief washing over herself to finally understand the motive behind the horrid attack.

"S-she was just suppose to get dirt on Kaila while she lived with her and then with you two," he confessed heaving in pain the couple conflicted onto him. "They explained their plan to us at the same time."

Mallix had a devilish dim to his eyes that were beaming red with horns peering out of the top of his head, as he curled his hands into two tight fists.

"You and your seriously terribly lack of judgement is going to get you in some very big trouble. Babe give it to me." Mallix held his hand out as Lain took out her phone showing a recording.

Lain had trimmed the clip before passing it off and as Mallix went to press play the judges eyes lit up. "She bribed me!...mo-mon...money... Ten...ten...ten grand."

His voice ringed back at him, Mallix has no idea how his wife did it. But she managed to put a distortion on their voices making them unrecognizable as they judge confessed to the treacherous act.

Handing the phone back to Lain, Mallix kneeled besides the judge who had worried written all over his face. "Now, here's what's going to happen. You are going to redo your judgement to make sure Kaila never leaves our side again. And get us some justice to those cretins for parents she has. Or, you can deal with police down your back over this recording." He stood up making his way to Lain. "We'll be in touch."

He grabbed his wife's hand and walking calmly back to their car. Inside the victory was sweet, but that was short lived as yet another wave of reality slapped them across the face. Something they were oblivious to the entire time.

Lain was just about done with keeping her cool, she had with held herself from blowing up at Nina when they left and not being upset when Mallix was planning to leave the house without her. But now—finding out that someone who was suppose to be on their team to secure their little girls place in their family was only here to sabotage them burned through her blood.

She was furiously recalling all the past events that took place. All the struggling they had to go through to even get Lauren on "their side" in the first place.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 256K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
3.5M 149K 61
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1.7M 101K 40
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
1.1M 28.4K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...