magic, jasper hale [1] βœ”οΈŽ

By fireestar

Magnolia Siren, descended from the great vampire hunters of old; sorcerers. Killing vampires is in her blood... More

MAGIC
graphics
prologue
01. Emotions Run High
02. Bella Swan
03. Lunch Time
04. Sorceress
05. Training
07. Soft Beginnings
08. Accident
09. Field Trip
10. Paul 'Pup' Lahote
11. La Push, Baby!
12. Sunlight & Dresses
13. (Soul)Mates
14. Talk
15. The Nomads
16. Phoenix, Arizona
17. The Final Showdown
N E W M O O N
18. Happy Birthday, Bella!
19. Rediscover & Reconnect
20. Gone
24. Out of Town
21. Months Fly By
22. Quileute
23. Summer Days
25. Back in Forks
26. Movie Dates Never End Well
27. Jacob Black
28. Comfort
29. Tears and Sorrows
30. The Return of Alice Cullen
31. Reunion
32. Punishment
epilogue
ENCHANTMENTS

06. Friends Fall Apart

12K 348 14
By fireestar

+++++

Alice couldn't help but smile at Magnolia's story. "Maggie...you like him, don't you?"

Magnolia's eyes widened, shaking her head violently. "From that whole story, you gathered that I like him? Alice, I'm sorry but you must be delusional. He caused me to have a panic attack, how does that mean I like him."  She tightened her grip on Rosalie's cold hand, which she had held throughout the whole story.

"I know it doesn't make sense now, but trust me." Alice sighed.

Magnolia clenched her teeth, groaning. "Alice there is no way you had a vision of me and Jasper together. I can't be with him even if I wanted to, you know that."

Rosalie sighed, shaking her head at Alice's insistent behaviour.

"Alice, drop it. If Magnolia says she doesn't like him that way, then she doesn't." Magnolia smiled gratefully at Rosalie, and let go of her hand.

Alice let out an annoyed huff. "I'm sorry, I just...I know how he feels about you, and I was hoping you'd feel that same. I'll tell him you have no feelings for him whatsoev-"

"Don't you dare tell him that, Alice Cullen!" Magnolia blurted out, not meaning for her words to slip out. Alice smirked at Rosalie, standing up with a triumphant look in her eye. She had got the answer she wanted. "Shit," Magnolia mumbled to herself. She knew that Alice and Rosalie knew of her feelings towards Jasper. She stood up slowly, grabbing her bag. The bell had rung; biology class was next. "Alice, I swear if you say anything to him." Magnolia glared down at the small girl, her eyes turning dark once again.

Alice smiled sheepishly. "I won't, I promise. Cross my heart and hope to die," That saying was ironic, coming from someone already dead. "Come on, we don't want to be late." She took Magnolia's hand, the two saying goodbye to Rosalie, and heading towards their biology class.

They stepped in, and immediately Magnolia noticed the empty spot next to Bella. She turned to Alice. "Is Edward not coming today?" She questioned.

Alice shook her head. "Yeah, he has...things to take care of."

Magnolia nodded, knowing not to question the Cullens and their activities. As she made her way to her seat, she stopped by Bella. "Hey, sorry about lunch. You know Alice, she loves to talk your ear off." She chuckled awkwardly.

Bella strained a smile, nodding. "I wouldn't, actually. But it's fine." She turned back to the front, showing Magnolia that she was done talking. The girl sighed, cursing herself for not being as considerate as she should have been with Bella's feelings. Being the new girl is hard, Magnolia knows this, and she should have been more inclusive with Bella.

She sat down next to Eric, collecting the things needed for class out of her bag. "Didn't see you at lunch today, where were you?" Eric leaned in closer to Magnolia, smiling sheepishly at her.

Magnolia rolled her eyes. "You sure love getting in on my business, don't ya. I have other friends besides you all."

Eric chuckled. "Yeah, like the Cullens," He scoffed, making a mocking face. "Hey, what's it like."

"Huh?" Magnolia wasn't sure what he was getting at.

Eric sighed, lowering his voice as he glanced back at Alice and Jasper. They weren't looking, but they were listening. "You know, the Cullens. What's it like being close with them? You're the only person they talk to at this school. Did you know them before they came or what?"

Magnolia chuckled lightly. "Nope. I guess I'm the only normal person at this school."

"Forks is a small town, everyone is normal. Seriously, what's up with you and them?" He questioned further.

Magnolia sighed. Molina started talking, so she dropped her voice as well. "Well, Eric...it's none of your damn business, huh? Drop it." This caused the boy to shut his mouth, and they both turned their attention to the lesson.

From being, Jasper smiled to himself. He loved Magnolia's way of defending herself, as well as his family, even though she didn't have to. With her training, she was becoming even smarter and stronger, and Jasper liked this new her; a lot.

The bell rang for the last class of the day, which in Magnolia's case, was AP English. She packed up her things, saying a general goodbye to Alice and Jasper. "Bella!" She called as the brunette reached the classroom door. "Wait," To her surprise, Bella actually did so. She stepped aside for students to go through, and waited for Magnolia. "I'm sorry if my leaving at lunch made you...upset." They started walking down the hall together.

Bella sighed, shaking her head. "You didn't, it's...Edward. He thinks I smell bad and wanted to switch out of biology. Now he's not even showing up," Magnolia accidentally let a laugh slip, causing Bella to glare. "Hey! It's not funny."

"No no! That's not why I'm laughing. I think it's rather silly, actually. He probably can't stand to be around such beauty." Magnolia batted her long lashes at her friend, successfully earning a rare laugh from Bella.

"You might think that, but I don't know how anyone who looks like him could see someone like me that way," Bella frowned. They approached the fork in the hallway where they'd have to take their leaves. "I'll see you later." She quickly gave Magnolia a hug and walked down to her class.

Sighing, Magnolia did the same, turning the opposite way, and walking down that hall. As she approached her class, she noticed Elton. He was standing at the water fountain near the door, clearly slouching and holding his arm. Magnolia slowly made her way over to him, hesitant to speak to him, worried he'd be mad at her.

Elton heard footsteps, and looked up, glaring as he saw Magnolia. "Oh look who it is, finally decided to check up on me, huh?"

Magnolia cringed, her worry coming to fruition. "Hey, Elton." She didn't have much else to say. She couldn't tell him the real reason she hadn't been hanging out with him, but she couldn't bring herself to attempt to lie as to why.

His glare hardened. "You know, if you didn't want to be my friend anymore you could've just told me. I don't need your pity."

Magnolia had just noticed how he looked. His red hair was shaggy and unkempt, it had looked like he'd layered grease all throughout it, and his face was dirty, a giant black eye prominently showing.

"Oh my god, Elton what happened? Y-Your eye it's..." She trialled off, seeing the look of anger and sadness on his face.

"Don't," He shook his head, turning away from her. "Don't act like you care. I know you don't." Magnolia heard him sniffle, and it caused her heart to ache. How could've she been so stupid? Elton was her best friend, ever since Bella left Forks, and she just left him high and dry.

"I'm...sorry. I do care it's just...family drama." Again, Magnolia cringed. She was never good at lying, so really her statement just sounded like a cover story to Elton.

He chuckled, though it held no humour, turning back to her. She could see the obvious tears welling in his eyes. "Family drama, huh? I don't believe that bullshit for a second. You've probably been sleeping around with the Cullens, for all I know," Magnolia's eyes widened, she opened her mouth to speak, but Elton continued. "And you know what, your family drama cannot be as bad as mine. While you were off with your new BFF, Bella, I was kicked out by my dad, cause he found out about me....a-and my boyfriend. I've been living out in the cold for weeks now, Magnolia! And where were you when I needed you most?! Fucking some pale douchebag."

He was standing tall, towering over Magnolia. She was shaking like a leaf, feeling scared, but mostly sad. If she had just confided in Elton, and talked to him, maybe he could've stayed at her place. Magnolia could see the fiery anger in his eyes, a look she had never seen in him before. They had both changed over these weeks, but maybe not for the better.

Elton's gaze drifted up past Magnolia and if possible, his glare turned harder. "Oh look, you're new family's here to save you." Confused, Magnolia turned around, to see Emmett standing protectively behind her, and Rosalie next to him, their glares just as hard as Eltons.

"Back up, pal," Emmet growled. He looked down at Magnolia and smiled sympathetically. "Don't worry, Maggie, I got this." Rosalie moved over, and took Magnolia's arm softly, tugging her in the direction of their English class, telling her quietly that it would be okay.

"Don't hurt him, Emmet. Please." Magnolia pleaded towards the largest Cullen. Emmet could see in her eyes that she meant it, and he sighed, nodding. He wouldn't fight someone if Magnolia didn't want him to.

They took their seats, Rosalie still holding on to Magnolia, hearing how fast her heart was beating. "Honey, it's gonna be okay, I promise. He doesn't get to talk about you and Jasper that way."

Magnolia took a shaky breath, a giant pit forming in her stomach. Throughout the whole class, she couldn't shake the feeling of guilt, it hanging over her like a storm cloud.

The school day was finally over. "Maggie, would you like to come over after school today? I'm sure it'll make you feel better." Rosalie stood next to Magnolia, waiting for her to raise from her seat. Magnolia shook her head slowly.

"I couldn't even if I wanted. You know how my parents feel, I'm not even allowed to go out with Bella, let alone you Rose." She stood up from her chair, swinging her bag over her shoulder. Emmet came up behind them.

"How about me and Rose go talk to your mom, tell her about you and Jaspers project, say that you need to do it outside of school." He hoped this convinced the shaken girl. Magnolia looked between the two, sighing as she felt herself give in.

She nodded. "Okay, Emmet. You can do that, but I can't promise it'll work. I'll meet you guys in the parking lot."

Emmet smiled wide, fist-pumping the air. He took Rosalie's hand and rushed out of the class. Magnolia noticed Elton was still sitting in his seat, clearly watching the three of them, and she debated going over to talk to him, but then she remembered what had happened moments before, and shivered. She quickly left the classroom, leaving no time for him to follow her.

She spotted Bella walking towards the front doors, and she quickly rushed over to her. "Hey, Bells." She greeted, trying to ignore the pit still in her stomach.

Bella turned her head, smiling. "Hey! Ready to go?"

Magnolia sighed. "Um, well about that. I might be going over to the Cullens place, but I'm not so sure yet, so it's a solid maybe." She chuckled.

"Oh, that's fine! I'm surprised Ariana would let you go, I know she hasn't been very open lately." Bella laughed as well, nudging her friend. Magnolia smiled thankfully, glad Bella wasn't upset over it.

They pushed the doors open and stepped outside. Magnolia could see the Cullens waiting at their car. Emmett noticed her and waved. "Maggie! Come on!" She smiled wide, not believing her mother let her go. She turned to Bella.

"I'll see you tomorrow, bye!" The two girls hugged, and maybe a bit too excitedly, Magnolia rushed over to the Cullens.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 10.2K 26
Leigh McEwan likes change. So, when her family makes the move to Forks, Washington, she gets an opportunity for a fresh start. New town, new people...
572K 13.4K 75
Lillian Knight comes from a long line of powerful witches. As a baby, she was blessed by the ancestors and nature and gave her more magic because the...
506K 9.5K 44
"Forever?" Jasper asked holding tightly on my hand. "I'm forever and always yours" A smirk appeared on his pale white face from my responses. Suddenl...
18K 316 20
Willow Diana Valentina was a normal girl knowing nothing the supernatural. In till her parents got into a horrible accident ending with either of the...