Cruel & Blue (Eyeless Jack st...

By EternalLaughter

[SEQUEL to Killer Protector (Jeff the Killer story)] In the quaint town of Gracewood, Virginia, Ao Matsukochi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Epilogue
Thank You!

Chapter 13

28.4K 1.1K 3.6K
By EternalLaughter

*HELLO EVERYONE! WELCOME TO THE THIRTEENTH CHAPTER OF C&B!! YOU EXPECTIN' SOME SMOOCHY SMOOCHES BETWEEN JACK AND AO, LIKE IN KP?

YEAH?

YEAH?

HAHA- no.

>:D

QUESTIONS!!:
-Who/What do you want to be in life? (I've already achieved myself! I'm fabulous now!~ Lol nope)
-What is your greatest fear? (Gettin' the spooks! I'm afraid of flying insects, except butterflies. Anything else that buzzes or flutters is gonna get f**ked up or witness me screaming in fear .-.)

ENJOY THE CHAPTER!*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 13

Holding up my phone in my hands as I lay in bed, I watched Kayla stick a landing as she flipped off from the pyramid technique. I cheered aloud in my room as everyone in the audience did so too. I could hear Craig cheering and shouting "Go Kayla" behind the camera and I laughed at this. Earlier he had mentioned that he was at the competition against his will, but now it didn't seem that way.

My parents hadn't allowed me to go to the regional competition Kayla was competing in. They had to leave for work early and neither one had the time to take me there. Plus, they want to keep me at home, where I can be monitored by security personnel. They're still very paranoid about my safety. Although I understand, I wish I could be at that competition to cheer on Kayla in person. I would be having a fit along with Craig and his parents and Kayla's parents. It would've been fun. But I'm glad Craig is making the effort to let me view it via Skype video call. He's been trying really hard to keep his hand still ever since we connected. It's sweet actually.

I cheered once again when Kayla's cheerleading squad pulled off another routine perfectly. I knew what moves they were doing and when they would be done. Kayla's had me review her routine with her, making me watch out for any faults in their dance. And now, that's all paid off. Every move was perfect and I felt proud. I could tell Craig was feeling the same way by the way he was constantly shouting, "Work it girl!!!" I would always laugh and I would hear his mom scold him a little. I still lay in my bed and watched as Kayla and the squad executed their final move. They all stayed in place as the crowd clapped and applauded them. I cheered even louder than I had before and squealed with joy. Kayla did it! She actually did it! I can see the smile on her face even through the video call! She looks so happy. Oh my gosh, I'm proud of her!

I sat up in place, my blue blanket scrunching up around me, and I smiled down at my phone screen. Soon, I saw the judges on stage give their scores and all four of them presented tens. Full blown tens!! "YES!!!" I heard Craig shout in joy and I smiled. He turned his phone around so it faced him and he gave a thumbs up. "She did it!!" He shouted.

"I know," I giggled and I returned the thumbs up. He smiled and turned his phone back around to show Kayla and the cheer squad leaving the stage. "I'm gonna go meet up with her," I heard Craig tell his mom and he started slipping out of the seating aisle and walking towards the stage. He slipped around back and soon he was running towards a jumping, squealing, joyful Kayla. "We did it!" She screamed. She gave Craig a bear hug and then waved into the camera. "Hi, Ao!! Did you see us?! Did you see the whole thing?!"

I nodded. "Yes, I did! You were amazing Kayla! The squad nailed every move. It was perfect!"

"Thank you! Now I'll get to return the favor by cheering you on at the recital!" She said. I smiled at her. Craig came into the shot and said, "Don't forget about cheering me on too, Kay-Kay!"

"Of course," she chimed, "How could I not? You are my gorgeous, homosexual little cousin after all!"

He gave her a look and playfully rolled his eyes. "Hey, we gotta go," he stated, "but I'll video call you again when the judges announce who wins, okay?"

I nodded. I waved good-bye to them and they did the same. "Bye, Blue-Boo!" They exclaimed happily in unison and I giggled. "Bye guys!" Then, the call was ended as Craig must've hung up and I sat there, with my phone in my hands. Sighing, I looked about my room and admired how the sparkles in the aqua blue walls shined in the morning light. It was 11:00 am on a Sunday. I was up and ready to do things today! If there was much to do, that is. I could practice a few sections of the duet piece, I could draw something new, I could read, or maybe even dance around in the music room for a bit. Despite being in such a large home, it always seemed like I had very little to do here. Ironic.

I swung my feet over the edge of the bed and poked at my sprained ankle. It's getting better, I can feel it. But there's still a slight tingling feeling whenever I put some weight on it. Hopefully I'll be able to stand around perfectly when my recital comes up. If not then I'll have to sit down for it, like Craig, but it's better for the violinist or even a violist to stand up for duet or solo performances. Though if it comes down to it, I'll have to sit down.

I slipped on my splint and then stood up. "Oh what to do on this fine morning?" I sang aloud.

Breakfast?

I smiled. "Breakfast!" I walked out of my bedroom, leaving my crutch behind since I barely need it anymore. I was still careful about putting pressure on my sprained ankle though. I passed the stairs and went into the kitchen. There was a note on the island counter and I skipped over and picked it up. It was from my mother. 'Your father and I won't be back until 8 pm tonight so do not leave the house at all. Breakfast is in the microwave and I'm sure you can make your own lunch. As for dinner, we'll be back in time to make it. So be good and stay safe! -Love Okaasan'

I smiled and mumbled, "Love you too." Then I gently set the note back onto the counter and stepped up to the microwave. Sure enough, the breakfast was there and I was already getting eager. Pancakes and scrambled eggs! Aw yes! Man when's the last time I had this? I can't remember but I am going to eat happy! When I took out the plate, it was still slightly warm, surprisingly, so I set it in the microwave for a minute or so. Once it was done, I gorged on the stuff. A lot of the times, my mother and father will make foreign foods, like traditional meals from the Japanese culture, European meals, Spanish meals. Everything they make is delicious, but sometimes there are those times when there's suddenly an American meal on the table and I get excited. Other people get excited over trying foreign foods, but since I'm so used to it, I get excited over foods that are usually known in America. It's kind of funny actually but I can't help it. So, when I had finished my breakfast, I was smiling and feeling great about it.

"I have to tell Okaasan and ChiChi to make more American things," I said as I walked up to the sink to wash my dish.

If you're so excited over eating American meals then how come you always forget to tell them to make more?

"I don't know," I said, then laughed. I made my way out of the kitchen and sighed as I scanned the area. Maybe I can practice my duet for a bit? Yeah, that's sounds like a good idea. Eager to get to playing, I headed for the music room. My violin was already in there so I don't have to run up to my room to get it and then come back down. Once I was in, I got a stand ready and immediately opened up my violin case. With my instrument ready, and my music on the stand, I began counting myself off and playing.

...

I ended up goofing off more than practicing. I played little jingles and melodies other than the duet and Sam would sing along. Though it was fun, I should've stayed focused. Sam was trying to keep me on track but he ended up getting carried away, resulting in him singing things like "Mary Had A Little Lamb" like an idiot.

Row, row, row your boat! Gently down the stream! Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily! Life is but a dream!!

"Oh my gosh, Sam," I laughed and stopped playing.

Aw, but I was getting my jam on...!

"Dear lord," I giggled and started packing up my violin back into its case.

So, what are you going to do now?

"Not sure," I replied to Sam, "Maybe just chill. Ya know? Like the cool kids. Heh, heh."

...Never in my life have I been more ashamed of you for what you just said.

"Aw, whatever, it was funny!" I exclaimed as I placed the case on top of the coffee table.

Only you would think that would ever be funny.

"Oh yeah, well your voice is funny," I teased, walking out of the music room.

Your face is funny.

"Your...uh...dammit!"

Haha! I win!

I rolled my eyes. "If you weren't just a voice, I'd so own you right now."

Yeah, you'd so own me like how you own a good sense of humor. Oh wait!

I gasped. "You're such a jerk!!"

Ha!

"I'm funny!" I argued.

Funny lookin'!!

"Sam!" I whined.

Okay, okay! It's not funny!

"Thank y-!"

It's HILARIOUS!! Hahahahaha!!!

"Aaayyyyyeeeee!!!" I groaned. I walked up the stairs while listening to Sam's violent laughter. I came back to my room and as soon as I closed the door, my phone went off. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that Craig was calling on Skype again. Oh, the judges must be ready to announce the winning cheerleading team! I accepted the call like no tomorrow and I was greeted with the view of a stage. Plopping down on my desk chair, I smiled excitedly and watched intently. "What's going on?" I asked aloud.

"I have no idea!" Craig exclaimed. I shook my head and kept watching. An announcer was calling up the top squads through the whole competition. One team came up, then another, and I didn't recognize either one. I was almost afraid Kayla's squad wasn't about to show up when out came the crew I grew to know. I couldn't suppress my gasp. The announcer called out the name of each team and what school they were from and my feet were tapping the floor from the suspense.

"Fingers crossed!" Craig said and showed me his crossed fingers. I did the same and held my phone with my free hand. I watched and listened, nearly bouncing in my seat now.

"And the winner," the announcer boomed, "of this year's Virginia regional competition is...!"

Oh god, I don't even know if I can-!

"The Hawks of Gracewood High School!!"

All I could hear were the sounds of Craig screaming out of joy and I was surprised to hear him over my own. I literally jumped out of my seat, almost knocking it over, and I flailed out in excitement. "She did it!!" I screamed up to my ceiling, "They did it!!"

"That's my girl!!!" Craig screamed. I managed to calm down and watch as Kayla's team jumped around, smiling, screaming, laughing. They got into a big group hug and just jumped around. I laughed and then continued watching as the team received their award and then they grew even more excited. Craig turned the camera towards him and I saw a big smile on his shining face. "I feel so happy!" He exclaimed.

"Me too," I chuckled aloud.

"Oh! Oh! We can see her now! Ooooh, I'm comin' Kay-Kay!!" He shrieked and the camera wiggled around wildly from his movement. I waited until the camera view became clear and I saw Kayla, smiling, her cheeks red and eyes bright, possibly from tears of happiness. Kayla hugged Craig and she wiped at her eyes once she turned towards the camera. "We did it, Blue! We won!!"

"I knew you would," I said, and smiled as she sniffled and beamed brighter. She wafted at her face, saying, "I wish you could've been here so I can hug you!"

"Me too," I said, "but I promise when I see you, I'll let you hug me all you want!"

"Thanks!" She laughed. Craig came into the shot and wrapped an arm around Kayla's shoulders, then leaned his head on hers.

"Well, it's time we go celebrate! I'm gonna have to let you go, Ao. But I hoped you liked my awesome camera skills!"

I laughed. "Indeed, I did," I chortled. He smiled and said, "Alrighty then! We're gonna be signing off! We'll see you tomorrow!"

"Bye, Blue-Boo!" Kayla squealed and the both of them waved good-bye to the camera, like before. I waved back and that's when the Skype call ended and I was greeted with the silence of my room. Sighing, I plopped back down onto my chair again and leaned against it. "I really am happy for Kayla," I said.

This is a big achievement for her.

"Yes it is," I agreed and swerved to face my laptop, which sat on my desk patiently. Thinking, I opened it up and pulled up the pictures of that strange symbol. Tapping my chin, I examined the pictures carefully. Despite that I've looked at these a dozen times, I still feel like there's something I can find that'll help me better understand this thing. That's when I got an idea and went on Google for some answers. But not about the symbol. About the "Slenderman" that Ian mentioned to me. Results definitely came up and I clicked on the most promising of links. That's when I read up on a bunch of lore and reported encounters by anonymous people. Well, Ian was right about the whole stalking, preying, and killing thing. But he hadn't said much about the appearance other than the face and height. I was surprised to find out this thing had black tentacles and wore a pitch black suit. And it wasn't pale, it was pure white. Still faceless though. I saw photos that he had come out in, and they were very creepy. They gave me chills as I played a game of "Where's Waldo" only with a demonic, grim entity that can string people up into the forest trees like party streamers. I shuddered at the thought.

Finally, I came across one thing that further justified Ian's explanation about the symbol being associated with the "Slenderman". There was a paragraph explaining everything about the symbol and its connection with said creature. It didn't have a name, unfortunately, but the mark was still very distinct. Scratching my jaw, I looked away from the screen for a bit. My eyes landed on a piece of paper on the desk and I recognized it as the paper with Ian's cell phone number and his email address. Should I give him a call? Send an email? I looked back at the laptop screen and pondered. I stared at a black and white picture of the tall and ominous thin creature and made up my mind in the instant I grew uneasy. I decided to email him, in case if he was busy and couldn't answer a call. He'll have to check his emails right? I'm sure he'll see mine.

I typed up his email address, titled the subject: 'That Symbol', and explained what I just did and the rest of my questions that he had left unanswered last time. Once I made sure I made no errors, I sent it and let out a breath. "Hopefully he replies soon," I said and stretched over the back of my chair to ease my aching back. "In the meantime, I'll keep looking around." I went back to researching on different websites and forums, when after five minutes, my laptop started to glitch out. Whenever I typed, the words wouldn't come up. My mouse cursor disappeared for about a minute. Then, the brightness on the screen faded darker to brighter erratically. "What the hell?" I muttered as I pressed random buttons to get it to calm down.

Turn it off and back on?

"Let's try that...," I mumbled and shut down the device. Well, at least I think I did. After sitting in my seat and staring at a blank, black screen for five seconds, it lit up again to show nothing but blue. My eyes widened and I stared. Then I laughed. "Ha, ha, very funny Sam," I said flatly, "Nice try. You're not scaring me...!"

What?

"You turned on the laptop again and bugged it out! You failed to scare me this time, buddy," I said, and mashed some buttons.

I didn't turn it back on.

I half-huffed, half-laughed and said, "Yeah, right. It's still not working! You're not scaring me one bit!"

I'm being honest, Ao! I didn't touch the thing!

I sat there and thought. Sam doesn't sound like he's lying. He actually sounds pretty..confused. My snide expression wore off and I stared at the laptop. "Well, I didn't touch anything..," I mumbled.

Maybe it's a virus? Or the laptop could already be bugging out after having it for so long?

"That doesn't make sense though," I replied, "I've only had this thing for about a year and a half. It shouldn't be bugging out already."

Virus?

"ChiChi had some computer techs add some security protocol in this thing," I stated, growing a bit uncomfortable. "No one can hack into this thing and no virus should be able to leak in..."

Just...Just shut the damn thing closed and leave it alone. You should probably study notes or something anyways...

"Y-Yeah," I murmured and lifted a hand to close the laptop, when it buzzed loudly and I jumped back. "Wh-What the hell was that? It's never made that noise, ever!"

Let me close it.

The laptop started closing by Sam's doing but it started buzzing louder and louder the more he pushed it closed. Sam groaned and ended up leaving it open. Clutching the sides of my desk chair, I said, "Maybe we should just leave it alone and let it reboot itself or something.."

Call your father. Maybe he can-.

Sam was interrupted by the laptop beeping loudly and I covered my ears momentarily. When the noise seceded, I looked up at the screen and was taken aback by one simple word in white text that I shouldn't have been anxious over. But I was. The text read:

TRACKING...

"Tr-Tracking...?!" I squeaked, "What does that mean...?!"

Ao, leave the room.

"B-But my laptop-?"

Leave...!

"A-Alright..!" I said, breathlessly and started getting up from my seat when the words changed from one word to two...

TRACKING COMPLETE.

"Sh-Shit...!" I hissed, "I'm getting hacked...!"

Ao!!

"Okay, I'm going!" I said and backed away from the desk and laptop. Even though Sam scolded me for it, I kept staring at the device as words scrolled across the blue screen.

TRACKING COMPLETE.

SCANNING ID.

SCANNING SECURITY SYSTEM.

SYSTEM COMPROMISED.

ACCESS ALLOWED.

"Crap!" I exclaimed and started making a mad dash for my door when the laptop screen crackled with static and sent off an ear splitting screech. I screamed and covered my ears, my back hitting a wall as I sunk down to a crouch. This went on for seconds yet it felt like hours as the screech dragged on and on and on and on. I was growing a head-ache and I knew I had to get out of my room, call my parents, get agents to come and get me and then I'll be fine. I'll be fine!

I stood up onto my feet and took a step forward, when I looked up at my laptop to witness something...terrible.

A pixilated, glitching hand was reaching out of the warped laptop screen and with it came an arm and then a body. I stared in utter horror as a glitched figure crawled its way out of my laptop and then dropped to the floor. Though, upon impact with my floor, the glitching stopped to reveal clear features and the screeching and static of my laptop shut off, leaving the room in silence. Yet, not a moment later, there was a rough groan from the figure that was on the floor and I looked closely at it. At him.

It was a boy, young and grown. Blonde, messy locks of hair shined in the bedroom light, and pale, luminescent skin glowed. The boy coughed and groaned and sprawled himself out onto his back, allowing me to see a green hoodie, brown leather belt with packs, white pants and brown, knee high boots. He sighed and sat up in place, looked around the room and said, "That is a lot of fuckin' blue, man..." Then he scratched his head and froze. "Where's my hat?" Suddenly, my laptop spit out a small object and a green hat was slapped onto his face. He tore it away from his face and relaxed. "Ah, here it is," he said and slipped it onto his head, covering his messy, blonde hair. "Now, let's see, where is the..." He turned around to scan the room and laid his eyes on me. His bloody red eyes..

He smiled.

"Hey there!" He said cheerfully, but I could only scream in response and run. Last thing I heard before I ran out the door was him muttering to himself, "Dammit, I knew I should've brushed my teeth this morning!"

I ignored his pleads for me to stop and wait and calm down. Clearly, I cannot calm down!! I quickly flitted my feet down the stairs and I bolted for the front door. Craning my head around to glance behind me, I saw the strange boy at the top of the stairs, prepared to run down after me. That's when a picture frame flew right at his face and his head was thrown back. I knew Sam had pulled that move though I was shocked to see the boy slip and tumble down the stairs and against the banister muttering "Fuck" over and over again. I ignored that too and made it to the door. My hand took a vice tight grip onto the doorknob and I nearly yanked the door off of its hinges by how frantic I was. But instead of running out to find safety, all I found was another figure standing outside. Wait...

"BB?!" I exclaimed. The unknown motorcyclist stood there, with his helmet still on his head just like last time I saw him. I was about to say something when I heard the boy make one last loud thud and I turned to see him off the stairs and on the floor, groaning again. That's when I panicked, I felt Sam yank the door out of my grip to close it and he ordered me to run out towards the back door. I wasted no time as I ran as fast as I could in my splint along with my sprained ankle. The tingling sensation began turning into small shots of pain the more I moved but I couldn't let that weird, blonde boy catch up with me. And BB? What the hell is he doing here?! Why?!

I started nearing the back door when it suddenly opened up and there stood a figure. I screamed, turned around and ran away from them. I'm not going to bother checking who it is. Anyone in my house right now is out to get me. I'm not taking chances.

Running back the way I came, I ended up running into the blonde boy, literally. The both of us tumbled over each other and were sprawled across the floor, groaning. I felt him grab my uninjured foot and I kicked him in the face with my splinted one, earning myself another shot of pain. I suppressed a cry and quickly scrambled back up onto my feet. But, to my misfortune, I fell over as my sprained ankle stopped me from taking a step, and it began aching again. I strained it too much. Dammit!

I started crawling away when I heard a rough, hoarse voice shout, "What the hell did you do to her?!" I turned and looked to see BB storming up to the blonde boy, who was rubbing his jaw from where I kicked him. The blonde boy grumbled, "What did I do to her? What did she do to me?! She kicks like a god damn Australian kangaroo, man!!"

"You deserve a damn kick in the face for spooking her! Maybe even another, though this time I'll be the one kicking your face in!"

"Calm your chesticles, bro, she's fine! At least I found her!"

"Yeah," BB huffed, "and now she's hurt and scared...!"

"She's still breathing," the blonde boy grumbled and BB smacked him upside the head.

"Assault!" The blonde boy exclaimed.

"Shut up, druggie," BB grumbled.

"Oh my god, it's THERAPYYYYY!!!"

"For what?!"

"For my serious case of 'screw-you'...!"

"God dammit, I knew I should've come here by myself instead of having to deal with this..!" BB grumbled, shaking his head.

The blonde boy glared up at the taller man and said, "You knew where this place was?! And you had me track it down for you anyways?!?!"

"I wanted to be sure."

"You bastard," the blonde boy yelled, "I busted my ass to disable her security system! Do you know how thick her firewall was?! That shit was a bitch to break through!"

"You didn't have to take this job, ya know?"

"Well, maybe I decided to help you because - oh gee I don't know - because I haven't seen you in over two years?!"

"You know how busy I am!"

"Shit, you could at least stop by every once in a while..." the blonde boy grumbled.

"I'm busy!" BB repeated sternly.

"At least Kik me or somethin'!"

"I don't have Kik. I don't even have a phone!"

"Well, then get one," the blonde boy said, crossing his arms.

"I don't have the money to get one!"

"Well, then get a job!!"

"Ugh," BB groaned, "you know what? This was a mistake."

"Your face is a mistake.."

"Shut up, Ben!!!"

"Shut up, Ben," the blonde boy named Ben mocked.

"I am going to kill you!!"

"Come at me bro!!" Ben exclaimed, throwing down his hat and raising his arms up. "Imma beat the black outta you!"

"Alright- wait what?!"

Suddenly, Ben kicked up at BB's helmet and there was a loud bang. On the floor, at BB's feet, was his black, shining helmet. With nervous eyes, I traveled my gaze up his legs, along his torso and up to his face.

And I could feel my heart just-

Stop.

Wild, black hair stuck up in all directions and the length came up just below his ears. His skin was paper white and bright, almost making my eyes hurt. His eyes were black, small and foreboding. Nothing but black haze surrounded his eyes, making his gaze deeper and darker than any gaze I've ever witnessed. Despite how his skin and eyes made me shudder out of anxiety, my stomach churned at the sight of his mouth. Wide, red, slit. It's...it's cut open. His gashes formed a smile that was present, even as he glared daggers into the boy named Ben and looked down at me curiously. And then he spoke, making my stomach tighten, as his gashes twitched with every syllable.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I didn't answer. I could only stare and shake as I shifted my gaze from him to Ben then back to him. They were both staring down at me, with expecting eyes. Red eyes and black eyes. Boring right into me. The situation at hand dawned on me, waves of stress crashed into me one by one, each one stronger than the last until I was drowning in complete and utter panic. Sinking further and further into my murky anxiety, my vision wavered and my breath hitched until I was dropping my weight from my propped elbows onto the floor. Everything went black as my stress finally overwhelmed me and my body just numbed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 16.1K 38
THIS BOOK IS UNDER MAJOR CONSTRUCTION, CHARACTERS ARE BEING REMOVED WHILE OTHERS ARE BEING ADDED IN. MASSIVE CHANGES ARE IN STORE FOR EACH CP SO ALL...
298K 11.3K 30
*Editing* - PART 1 OF 3 (Heart Shaped Blood Stains) - Kate Chambers was a sixteen year old sophomore, already moved out and on her own with...
174 9 15
Most know the story of Eyeless Jack and Bloody Painter. But what if some of the details in the stories were left out? Like Eyeless Jack having a girl...
127K 5.2K 68
[Now on AO3] Kitani Blair is an awkward girl in her last few months of high school who has an unforseen accident that catches the attention of Masky...