Shift ✔️

Von bearjordan

Edited Version Available on Amazon!!! ☺️👍🏻 Shift - A Vampire Romance by Kayla Jordan 1 in Shapeshifter 3... Mehr

Tell Me - 1
The Passenger - 1.1
I'm Stuck - 2
Strange Boy - 2.1
Into The Black - 3
The Judge - 3.1
Patience - 4
Like it's Over - 5
Lights Out - 5.1
Wild Sun - 5.2
Number One - 6
We Don't Know - 6.1
Good Days - 7
Innocent - 7.1
Shovels & Dirt - 8
Mirrors - 8.1
Lost Boy - 9
All Night - 9.1
I Wanna Know You - 9.2
Use Somebody - 9.3
Machine - 10
La Vie En Rose - 10.1
Fireflies - 10.2
Safe - 11
So Much More Than This - 12
End of the Day - 12.1
There's Nothing Holding Me Back - 12.2
Thunder - 13
Safe and Sound - 13.1
River - 13.2
Girls Like You - 14
A Million Dreams - 14.1
Centuries - 14.2
I'm Gonna Be 14.3
NOT A CHAPTER - PLEASE READ THOUGH!!!
Pompeii - 15
Sweet Creature - 15.1
Never Gonna Let You Down - 15.2
Indiana Jones - 16
From the Dining Table - 16.1
This is Me - 16.2
With You - 17
In Betweenin' - 17.1
I will follow you into the dark - 17.2
Two Ghosts - 17.3
A Drop in The Ocean - 17.4
Somewhere Only We Know - 18
Safe With You - 18.1
Memories - 18.2
Another Place - 18.3
Get Up, Get On - 19.1
Go - 19.2
NEW STORY - the price of a soul
THE EDITED VERSION OF SHIFT IS NOW ON AMAZON!!!!
Announcement!! SHIFT 2

The Next Right Thing - 19

3.2K 144 14
Von bearjordan

Annabelle's POV

I opened my eyes and immediately closed them again. No, no, no, no, no, this cannot be real. I cannot be back here.

I heard immediate laughter from Ashley and her brother Markus. I tried to squeeze my eyes shut even tighter, willing for this all to be a bad dream.

"Oh stop it pet! You aren't that stupid," said Ashley in a sickly sweet voice. She was talking down to me, she did think I was that stupid.

I found my voice despite my fear. "Where is Jace?"

Ashley looked annoyed. "Hell if I know. They only brought YOU back here after that foolish broadcast." Ashley huffed and stomped her way over to the mirror on the wall. "I cannot believe he chose YOU. He could have had me..."

She looked almost sad, staring at herself longingly in the mirror, but don't blame me if I said I couldn't bring myself to feel bad for her. I kept my eyes on her though, mostly because I did not like the way that Markus was looking at me. I thought it was only Vampires that looked like they wanted to eat me.

Ashley's tune changed pretty quick, "Oh well. I don't want him anymore. His daddy is never going to give him that crown now. So I will have to find another way to get it."

Markus scoffed, "power-hungry bitch..."

Ashley smacked him on the back of the head, "You're one to talk you pitiful pervert. I cannot believe you want to fuck that... thing. That is disgusting Markus. Smack it around if you're bored but go find a respectable lady to play with if you're horny."

Despite her harsh words I couldn't help but feel grateful for Ashley at that moment. The last thing I wanted was for Markus to touch me, and I would do anything to stop him from touching me, even siding with Ashley.

Ashley laughed again, "Actually I don't care, do what you want. Just keep quiet, and be quick about it because I am going to inform the King that she is awake. I don't think he is going to like you touching his prize much."

Markus chuckled and Ashley walked out the door, leaving me with him. I looked up at Markus and saw the hunger in his eyes return. I had a split second to decide what to do. I felt energy run throughout my body and I realized they did not put a collar on me! I could still shift.

Before Markus could launch, I turned into a slippery rattlesnake. Like he will want to touch this.

I hissed at him, my tail rattling. I saw him hesitate before he launched forward and grabbed my tail. I spun around in seconds and bit his arm, my fangs sinking in.

He is a Fallen Angel, so although the venom I produced wouldn't do anything, my bite definitely would hurt.

A girlish shriek left his mouth and he shook his arm until I released him, sliding under the bed, out of reach. Before anything else could happen, there was a knock on the door.

An angry Markus screamed out, "WHAT?" Like a rude teenage boy.

I heard the door open and Markus stuttered, seemingly trying to get out an apology for whoever had entered. "Out".

The Queen was in the room.

Markus ran out of the door.

I slithered out from under the bed, the side of the bed that was closest to the door, since I had no idea how the Queen felt about snakes, and I shifted back into my human form. My white dress fell around my body.

I could now see the Queen staring at me from the other side of the bed. I moved around the bed so I was standing in front of her.

I was not afraid of the Queen. She was not a threat to me, although her husband was, so I probably should have been afraid.

She had always been very regal since I had known her, however, after falling in love with Jace, I saw her as less of a Queen and more of a mother who lost a child, just as Jace was a boy who had lost his sister. A mother that despite everything, Jace still loved.

"Is Jace okay?" I asked softly. If she knew, she would tell me.

"Not here," she said quietly.

She took my hand and led me out of the bedroom, leaving the door open. I walked beside her until we reached what appeared to be her private chambers.

Once the door was closed and a guard dismissed, she turned back to me, motioning for me to sit.

I took a seat near the unlit fireplace.

"He was not captured." She said softly.

I nodded, relieved. Jace was okay. I just hoped everyone else made it out safely.

The Queen looked at me with soft eyes. The strange thing with most Vampires is that you can never tell their true age by looking at their faces. The Queen's face looked young enough that she could be my older sister. However, I have been told you can tell a Vampire's age by looking into their eyes. Eyes tell better stories. Her bright blue eyes looked tired and sad.

"Do you love him?"

I nodded, I assumed she had seen the broadcast.

"Why?" she asked.

I was taken aback by her question. It is not often that a mother asks why someone would love her son. I guess it is a fair question considering the situation. I was a Shifter, meant to be his pet, and he was a Vampire. He had lost control once, and he did hurt me. There are many reasons why I shouldn't love him. There are reasons why it didn't make any sense.

I smiled at the Queen. "He is kind."

The Queen smiled too but didn't say anything, so I went on.

"Jace is kind, and he is considerate of my feelings. He is protective but he lets me have a voice." Thinking about Jace calmed my nerves more than I realized. I took a deep breath. "I have watched him grow each day and make better choices each day than the last. He gives me hope that the world will be better than it is today. He lets me be a part of decisions instead of treating me like I am a helpless child, even though sometimes that is what I am."

I looked up at the Queen.

"I love your son because, despite everything, he is a good person. You need to know that your son is good."

The Queen looked almost shocked at my words, but then she smiled, taking my hand in hers. "Good. I needed to know it was real. I did not think this revolution was premeditated, but I needed to know for sure. You are not using him, you do truly love him."

I smiled, "With everything I have."

"Then we need to get you out of here," she said.

My mouth hung open. "Wh..at?"

The Queen smirked, "I hope you realize that he needed to get some of the 'good' parts of him from somewhere. He did not get them from his father. I am not the monster my husband is."

I nodded, "I know that."

"Good. Now we need to think of a way to get a message to my son. If we can get him a message, I think we may be able to kill two birds with one stone."

"What is the second stone?" I asked. I am assuming the first one was a rescue mission.

"Killing my husband," she said.

I didn't feel shocked at this. I could feel she had no love for that man.

"What then?" I asked.

"I have some ideas but let's think of a way to contact them first."

I nodded, suspicious of what the Queen's ideas were, but at this point, we were on the same side.

An idea popped into my head, "I may be able to get a message to my brother but I would need help from a Witch."

The Queen nodded, thankfully not asking any questions. She either did not care to ask or already knew that I was part Witch.

"I will send for Paval," she said.

I smiled. Thankful for a trusted friend.

"I will not be able to protect you in this castle forever. I will do the best I can, but until they come to rescue you..."

We sat in silence until I heard a familiar voice in the doorway. I jumped up out of the seat and wrapped my arms around Paval.

"My dear... I am so sorry you are back here, however, I have missed you."

"I have missed you too Paval," I mumbled, my head digging against his shoulder. He smelled of fresh-baked bread.

"Now how can I help you, ladies?" Paval smiled at me and winked at the Queen.

"Annabelle says you may be able to help get a note to her brother," said the Queen.

"Oh dear, you know that is not possible for Witches unless we are connected by blood," Paval said sadly.

"I know Paval, but I am connected by blood to my brother. I just don't know how to connect with him yet. That is where I need your help."

Paval looked confused for a moment before he figured out what I was implying. The Queen did not seem confused at all, which led me to believe that she knew all along. Paval looked at the Queen with concern, but all she did was shrug.

Paval's voice shook "Oka..ay dear. Let's get started."

He began to walk me through the steps.

"I think the easiest thing for you to do is whisper. You need to keep saying the words in your head to give him your message. You will be able to feel when you connect, it will feel like a wavelength is being extended from him to you. It will make you feel very drained, but I think it will be the easiest way for now." Paval explained. "It may not work yet, but you need to keep trying. Keep picturing your brother and saying the words. You will know when it works. Once you have established that first connection, you may be able to speak to him."

I turned to the Queen. I knew what to say.

I closed my eyes and pictured my brother.

"Save the girl, kill the King." 

-----

2 MORE CHAPTERS!!!!

.... of book 1. 

Me right now looking all scrag because I am actually beaming! SO SO CLOSE!  

Comment!! Vote!! FOLLOW! :) 

Also...who liked Frozen 2? I cannot stop listening to the music

- Kayla

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

123K 3.8K 51
When a grieving teenage girl suddenly obtains the ability to shapeshift into her destined animal, she and her school of shifters struggle to discover...
87.2K 3.6K 25
Life has never seemed more serene than as I lay dying. Blood coats the forest floor beneath me, connecting with the foilage-covered soil in a parade...
157K 8.3K 41
▪▪▪ They spent 3000 nights watching each other from afar. Both plagued by a sense of longing towards the other, girl and wolf. Stuck, on opposite s...
210K 10.7K 28
Aaliyah is werewolf army born and bred. She is from a long line of werewolves that live to protect their own. But one moment in her life altered her...