The Fate of Kailea

Oleh TheInvisibleGrayson

ANIMALS SEQUEL (Previously titled The alpha, The Beta, & The Lunos, A prophecy foretold the fate of Mason's p... Lebih Banyak

Precursor
1| Unfair Trade
2| Inseparable
The Alpha, The Beta, & The Lunos
3| Hide & Seek
4| Protection
5| Mates
6| Blue
7| The Fate Of The Kailea
8| A Castle in the Woods
9| I'll Protect You
10| Only A Dream
11| A Heart Full of Love
12| Animals
13| Selfish
14| The Voice, She Calls
15| Mated Bliss
16| The Truth Untold
18| And Things Were Never The Same
19| Beautiful
20| One Punch Is All It Takes
21| Where's Noah?
22| Baby I'm Right Here!
23| Stand By Me
24| A Fresh Start
25| Alpha Juni
Clementine is home!
26: Name Game
27: Colors of the Wind
28. Isn't She Lovely?
29| Solem Vow
30| Puppy Love
31| A Teaspoon of Sugar
32| Forever
33| Alpha Vs Beta
34| Don't Worry Baby
35| Sweet Lover Of Mine
36| Repeat
Reference Piece
37| Dirty Kisses
38| In Your Eyes
39| No So Fast
40| Cold
41| Reversed & Cursed
42| I Love You Baby
43| Nice Guys Finish Last
44| What Doesn't Kill You
Reference Piece: Noah's Family Tree
45| Dear Noah, Tell Me I'm Forever Yours
46| Whore
47| Savage Noah
48| Hideaway
49| Say Something
50| We Keep This Love For Ourselves
Epilogue

17| Happy Birthday

4.3K 242 37
Oleh TheInvisibleGrayson

~Tristan~

"Hey, how are the-" 

I stopped talking as soon as I saw Mason's pale tear-stained face as he walked into our living room. 

"What happened? Where's Noah?" I asked him first as he sat on the couch shaking his head. Throwing a metallic object that bounced against the wall with a familiar clink as I watched Noah's engagement ring roll across the hardwood floor. 

"I fucked up," He admits and I get down on my knees in front of him, since he was hiding his head in his hands as he doubled over with so much guilt that it was suffocating. 

"Mason, I'm sure it wasn't that bad but I need you to talk to me. What did you tell Noah?" I asked and he groans. Shaking his head with regret and I take hold of his hands so I can see those big sad puppy eyes. 

"I didn't mean what I said, I was just so angry," 

"Hon, I need you to tell me what you said," 

"I told him he only cares about himself and the only reason why we were mated was so he could be a pain in my ass," Mason says it all jumbled up at once and starts hyperventilating. 

"I think I'm going to be sick," He moans, tilting his head back and give his knees a gentle rub before standing up. 

"What do you think?" He asked, taking notice of my silence and I bit my lip in thought.

"That's really bad Mase," I don't like to him and he groans louder. 

"I know! I tried to tell him I didn't mean it after we found the twins but then he told me everything. And I mean everything and now I just feel like a total jackass. I didn't even know he was going through so much recently. What kind of a mate am I if I thought he was fine, but he was...did you know?" He asked and I nodded which only made him feel worse. 

I've never known anyone who could hide their true emotions as well as Noah can. 

"Yeah, Noah called me that night after he found out and when he came home I tried to convince him that he needs therapy but he refused. That's why he had to come back early. He's really messed up over it," I explained and Mason blinked in disbelief. 

Of course, Noah called me when he found out about the miscarriage. If he had called Mason, the man would have made it a huge deal and would have been a complete wreck. I just wish I could have been there to hold his hand when he found out. 

"Why wouldn't he tell me? And he was going on about how he hates it when people keep secrets but here he wa-"

"Honey, the reason why Noah didn't tell you is because he didn't want to ruin your engagement. He told me that he was going to talk to you about it next week after he went to the doctor," I explain and he closes his eyes. 

"Fuck, he's right. I did it again. I made an assumption without thinking about his side, wait. Why would he need to go to the doctor?" Mason asks and I was a little confused. 

Maybe he's talking about the thing that happened with his Papa instead. Now that I think about it, Noah would never the miscarriage in a fight against Mason. That would have destroyed him.

"For therapy Mase, anyway why don't you go wash up and relax while I go find Noah? I'll bring him back here and we can talk about it tonight okay?" I compromise, quickly recovering after almost spilling Noah's secret and thankfully he doesn't suspect a thing.

"Wait, what about your heat? You can't go out like this," Mason stops and I pick up the bottle of pills off the kitchen counter, putting it in the pocket of the orange sweatshirt that was a size too big and I tossed on some black jean shorts. 

"I got suppressants from Bahra when you guys left. It's okay, we can wait until my next heat and try again," I quickly explain, walking out the door before he argues with me. 

Now if I were Noah and I were upset, where would I go? 

***

"I told you the mediator was going to find me," 

Noah huffs as he takes in a breath and swings the golf club, hitting a ball off the t as it goes soaring into the sunrise. Standing on the roof of the abandoned highrise where he gave birth to the twins, Noah examines his next golf ball while Remy chills on a plastic chair holding a beer. 

"Welcome Anti-alpha zone, Mr. Lunos," Remy chuckles before standing up and grabbing his jacket. 

"What are you doing here Remy? You should be resting," I chastise him and he rolls his eyes. 

"I'm fine, Rowan's on shift in the med wing and I hate being in that wing by myself. Besides, I would never miss out on an opportunity to bitch about Mason your highness," He smirks and I give him a small shove when he bows. 

"But I digress. I'll leave you two alone for now," He winks and opens the door to the staircase. 

"Oh! Happy birthday by the way!" Remy calls out before walking down the stairs and I focus my attention on Noah. 

"You wanna try?" Noah asks me as he holds the golf club out to me and but I shake my head. 

"I don't know how," I try to use as my excuse but he grabs my hand, pulling my back to his chest as he put down the beer bottle and holds my hands in his. 

"It's easy, just hold it like this," He places my hands in the right places and gently kisses my cheek. 

"And then you aim and swing," He explains and together we draw back the club before hitting the golf ball. It doesn't go as far as his did, but it was something. 

"How's he doing?" Noah asks as he uses the club to put up another ball and I stay comfortably in his arms. 

"He feels awful Noah. I know he didn't mean it like you think. He even said you were right," I fill him in and he nuzzles his head in my shoulder, together we take another swing. 

"Oh? He said I'm right? That's new," Noah mutters into my sweatshirt. 

"I'm so sorry bean. This is a really bad time for me to be super hormonal after what happened huh? Ruining your first heat and your birthday? You must hate me," He sighs and I drop the club, turning to face my sad mate but instead of kissing him, I just pull him into my arms and hold him close. 

"I could never hate you baby, you're my everything. None of what happened is your fault okay?" I remind him I carefully rub his back, getting the spots I know are his favorite. 

"Well maybe it is my fault. Maybe if I had known I could have stopped it or something," Noah sighs and I pull back just enough to see his face. 

"It's not your fault. You couldn't have known." I remind him, cupping his cute chubby cheeks in my hands and kissing the tip of his nose. 

"I love you so much, you know that?" Noah asks as he pulls me to the abandoned bench off to the farthest corner of the roof. When he sits down, I know exactly where he needs me as I crawl onto his lap and hug him some more. 

"Aww bean, you're gonna miss the sunrise if you do this, it's a beautiful view," he mentions but I could see the sun's orange glow cast across his face and that was more than enough for me. 

"Really? Cause I'm pretty sure I have the most beautiful view in the world right here in front of me," I retort, making him break out into a smile. I toy with his soft blonde curls as he wraps his arms around my hips pulling me as close as he could get me before collapsing into my chest. 

"Mmm, did I ever tell you how much I love it when you wear my sweaters?" He asks and I flap the sleeves that were too long for my arms. 

"Really? Cause I'm pretty sure I just look like a sack of potatoes," I chuckle and he puts his chin on my chest to look up at me.

"But your my adorable sack of potatoes," He pouts and I kiss his forehead. 

"You know, you're really good at hiding this and avoiding the subject but I know you're not okay," I tell him and he just sniffs me a bit. 

"Oh yeah, and you smell...different," He mentions and I frown.

"I'm serious Noah," I rub his shoulders but he wouldn't stop smelling me. 

"Mmm, you smell like you usually do but somethings off," He mentions and his bright ocean eyes open wide. 

"Mason didn't mention anything about my scent," I go to smell myself as if that would work and he pecks my lips. 

"Mason's emotionally distraught right now, so, of course, it would make sense for him not to smell it on you or feel this urge," Noah explains, looking around as he does so like there was an enemy nearby.

"The urge to what? And stop changing the subject," I playfully smack his back and he laughs a little. 

"The urge to protect you bean. It worked. My baby's gonna have Mason's baby," He smiles as he runs his hands up and down my hips and I gasp. 

"You're lying," I narrow my gaze and he smells me again. 

"Why would I lie to you? Because we're werewolves and Mason knotted you, it happens really fast. The tiger instincts in me are made to sense it the moment that bad boy hits the egg so I can protect you at all cost," He explains but I continue to glare at him.

"Or girl, I mean I'm not complaining," He adds and I look down as the small space between us. 

"What if I go through the same thing as you?" I speak honestly, slowly taking away my hands from his shoulders, resting them on my flat stomach. I mean me pregnant? This is something I've only dreamed about for years and now it's finally happening. 

"It won't. Our bodies shifted so what happened to me was a freak incident. But your beautiful body's been preparing you for this for the past five years and might I say I appreciate the curves," Noah continues, feeling my hips before resting his hands on my behind.

"Okay," I bite my lip as I feel the space, knowing obviously there's nothing there yet but one day there will be. 

"Your so fucking cute, I can't," Noah smiles and I shake my head, going back to cuddling close to him. 

"No, we're here to talk about you, stop distracting me," I growl lightly and he rolls his eyes. 

"I'll be okay bean. I always am. I even decided to go see a therapist like you want me too," Noah caves to my demands like he usually does and I kiss the top of his head.

"What about Mason?" I ask and he lets out a long sigh. 

"I'll talk to him when we get home. I'm not promising perfection since what he said really hurt me, but I promise I'll give it an honest effort. Now can we please stop talking about it? I just wanna cuddle you right here all day," He says and I run my fingers through his soft hair. 

"Okay, but I'm kind of hungry and I was just about to make blueberry pancakes for the twins when Mason told me what happened," I mention as my stomach growls a little and he gives me a tight squeeze. 

"Fine, thirty more minutes then but only because they're my favorite," 

"Okay baby," 

"And Happy birthday my love," 

*****************************

Now before you ASK.

Why couldn't they smell Noah was pregnant before the miscarriage? 

Because the embryo wasn't going to make it, so the pheromones didn't kick-off and there was no need be overprotective. 

How could Tris be pregnant so fast?

I'm going to say my favorite quote from the esteemed gay try guy Eugine Lee Yang. 

"I'm right, You're wrong, Shut up," 

Thank you guys for all the comments on the last chapter, I'm glad it made you feel just as emotional as I did. Also like why did it hurt me a little when Tris was like "we can wait until my next heat and try again," as if the poor guy didn't wait five years while praying on his knees until they bled for this to happen. 

Like my poor baby is so selfless when it comes to Mase and Noah. 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

8.4M 363K 66
Throughout the whole of Evan's life, he was convinced he was a sinner. Raised by his psychotic brother who was the Alpha of his pack, Evan believes t...
Rogues Oleh CB28

Manusia Serigala

47K 2.1K 58
Nathan Bryce is the next alpha in line, his pack has lived in River Valley for generations. Caleb Brosme is a future beta in command and a rogue from...
1.4M 51K 30
Lukas Reed. Recently became the Alpha of the Mystic Shadow Pack. He is intimidating, guarded, lashing out at anyone that gets too close. Kai Prince...
772K 33.9K 31
Micah wanted nothing but to finish the last year of highschool so that he could take his father's place as Alpha. What happens when he finds out that...