Perfect Preparation

Oleh LexForLexxanie

The day before Kaila's eighteenth birthday she fails to get into the club with some of her friends. Her small... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1: Eerie Feeling
Chapter 2: Birthday
Chapter 3: Kidnapped
Chapter 4: Baby
Chapter 5: You're Who
Chapter 6: Rejected
Chapter 7: Learn To Listen
Chapter 8: Rebellious
Chapter 9: Progress
Chapter 10: Bedtime
Chapter 11: Decision
Chapter 12: A New Morning
Chapter 13: Breakfast Mayhem
Chapter 14: Awkward Meeting
Chapter 15: Inner Feelings
Chapter 16: Bonding
Chapter 17: Trip Gone Wrong
Chapter 18: Christmas Surprise
Chapter 19: Slip Up
Chapter 20: Shattered and Broken
Chapter 21:Temper Tantrum
Chapter 22: οΏΌ DΓ©jΓ  vu
Chapter 23: Early Gift
Chapter 24: Crazy Thoughts
Chapter 25: Call Up
Chapter 26: Road Trip
Chapter 27: Panic Mode
Chapter 28: Backstage
Chapter 29: Quiet On Set
Chapter 30: The Issue At Hand
Chapter 31: Rollercoaster Day
Chapter 32: Mob Madness
Chapter 33: Open Road
Chapter 34: The Talk
Chapter 35: Work Day
Chapter 36: Exposed
Chapter 37: True Friend
Chapter 38: Old Voice
Chapter 39: Worries
Chapter 40: Good News
Chapter 41: Deception
Chapter 42: New Day New Mood
Chapter 43: Sweet Treat
Chapter 44: Little Boutique
Chapter 45: Day On The Town
Chapter 46: Diamond Jewel
Chapter 47: Nina To The Rescue
Chapter 48: Sneaky Ears
Chapter 49: Super Spy
Chapter 50: Home Is Where The Heart Lies
Chapter 51: Family Fun
Chapter 52: Stressful Morning
Chapter 54: The Hearing
Chapter 55: Photo Shoot
Chapter 56: Story Time
Chapter 57: Adventure Awaits
Chapter 58: Fairy Dust
Chapter 59: Amusement Park
Chapter 60: Return Of A Fairy
Chapter 61: Until Dusk
Chapter 62: Daddy/Daughter Day
Chapter 63: Interruption
Chapter 64: Shipwreck
Chapter 65: At Your Service
Chapter 66: Trouble In Paradise
Chapter 67: Yearning For Love
Chapter 68: Mole
Chapter 69: Traitor
Chapter 70: Broken Pieces
Chapter 71: A Mother's Bond
Chapter 72: Risky Move
Chapter 73: Blackmail
Chapter 74: Nanny Nina
Chapter 75: Triple Threat
Chapter 76: Under the Willow Tree
Chapter 77: To The Studio
Chapter 78: Reflection
Chapter 79: Exposed
Chapter 80: Confession
Chapter 81: Guardianship
Chapter 82: Girly Gossip
Chapter 83: Surprise Visit
Chapter 84: Crushing
Chapter 85: Cookie Call
Chapter 86: Second Chances
Chapter 87: Double Date
Chapter 88: The Girls Are Back
Chapter 89: The Easy Part
Chapter 90: The Art of Secrecy
Chapter 91: The Cave
Chapter 92: The Dark Past
Chapter 93: Only A Rumor
Chapter 94: Strange Encounter
Chapter 95: Blue Mist
Chapter 96: Zander
Chapter 97: Isolation Unit
Chapter 98: Withdrawal
Chapter 99: White Light
Chapter 100: Under One Moon

Chapter 53: Fashion Show

8.5K 227 5
Oleh LexForLexxanie

The ride was silent and the air was thick with everyone on edge. Finally pulling into the parking lot of the boutique the family stepped out of the car while Nina met them at the entrance.

"What's wrong with you guys? You look like you've been slapped across the face by the sun." Nina approached them with wide arms and a smile before quickly dropping her arms and looking at the curiously.

But her suspicions were valid, both Lain and Mallix had a hint of red beaming on their faces emitting heat. "Were fine we just had a rough morning," Lain cleared her throat taking a breathe.

Kaila was hiding behind them shamefully keeping her head hung down hiding her red eyes not wanting to meet anyone's attention.

Mallix took a hold of her shoulder gently and pulled her up in front and faced her towards them while the couple bent down facing her. She could tell a talk was coming, preparing for it she held Mr. Tuffy close to her chest.

"Kaila, I know you want to come with us but you're going to have such a fun day with Aunt Nina. She has  fun activities planned for you guys and I suggest you not make ruin her fun by acting up." Mallix scolded and warned. Unlike earlier his voice was more calmed but had a hint of irritation still in it.

"Be good Kaila, I don't want to get a call about any behavior issues. We will be back before you know it. Daddy and I have given Nina the authority to punish you if she needs it so don't think that just because we aren't here you can get away with things." Lain took her turn telling the small girl what was expected of her.

They stood up tall talking to Nina for another ten minutes going over their schedule, what Kaila had in her bag, and other concerned parents talk.

As they hugged her goodbye the duo slowly looked over to their shy girl looking fondly out the large windows. Mallix cleared his throat making Kaila jump as she faced them, a thumb stuck into her mouth.

"We're going to go now Kaila, I mean it behave. Your going to have a nice time, ok, enjoy it." Mallix bopped her nose before kissing it.

Circling her in Lain and Mallix both securely held this little one tight to their hearts, giving her pecks on the head.

A small smile crept its way to Kaila's face as they pulled out waving goodbye as they left. But the second the door shut and the realization that they had left her hit. She pressed her face up against the window pounding her fist against the window calling out for them as they got back into the car.

Her little mind telling her that was the best option that the door only a few feet away from her.

Her heart fell out of her chest watching them drive off, and the waterworks were approaching. She felt a warm hand on her shoulder squeezing lovingly, and soon a tall body pressed against her back. Kaila rested the back of her head against the woman while her other hand circled around her chest.

Slowly her breathing eased and the tears that threatened to fall vanished. "I know it's sad seeing them go. But they'll be back to get you later." Nina bent down turning Kaila's body around. "How about we go and have a fashion show? You can try on anything I have." Nina suggested taking the small girls hand and leading her through the back door.

There she found herself in a little room with a large office table and vending machines lined against the wall. But in the far side was a door.

Plastered on the front of it had a giant N decoration. Inside the room was decent sizing and looked almost identical to Lain's. She had racks of fabrics and sketchbooks everywhere. Somewhere to the side of her oddly organized desk was a bean bag chair that she sat Kaila on.

After taking the backpack from her, Nina hung it up behind the door and went to grab two dresses behind her clustered desk.

In one hand she held a long maroon dress with a long V-neck slit. The dress curved caving in at the waist bone and expanding again by the thigh, suiting the hour glass shape.

In her other had a pastel purple knee high dress that was meant for spring as the design made it for breeze to have easy access to blow the bottom of it around. On the front center of the chest of the dress had a heart shape cut out.

"You like them?" Nina looked over seeing Kaila's jaw hanging low as a little drool nearly left her mouth before she snapped up looking at the woman holding them.

Nina chuckled to herself, "well that answers my question. Would you like to try them on?" She moved closer to Kaila noticing her eyes were following the purple dress in her hands, her jaw seemingly dropping ever so slightly again.

Putting the other to the side Nina held it in front of the small girl checking it out, "you seem like the perfect little girl to be the first to step foot into that dress. Here you go," she handed the dress over watching Kaila giggle to herself and raced up holding it in front of her twirling it around.

"Do you need help putting that on or do you want to do it yourself?" Nina opened the door prepared to leave when Kaila merely shook her head at her beginning to whine softly.

"I'm going to take that as you want me to help you put that on" Nina laughed hard shutting the door again and grabbed the dress back from Kaila. She laid it out neatly over her mess of a desk and watched Kaila's reaction as she went to pull her jumper off.

When the girl didn't even flinch at the sudden breeze of cold air and kept her eyes glued to the dress Nina took the jumper and set it aside. Grabbing the dress she put it around Kaila's head, helping to snake her arms through the fabric and into the proper holes.

Fixing the dress Nina stood back admiring the princess in front of her. "Oh wait!" Nina ran behind her desk digging through a side drawer pulling out even more lose fabric and sewing equipment before chuckling, "found it."

She hid what she grabbed behind her back as she walked over to Kaila, "close your eyes" she instructed watching as Kaila happily shut them.

After waving her hand in her face and getting no response Kaila could feel her hair being shifted around and a hard object run it's way along her scalp.

"Now you can open" she rushed to open them eyes bug eyed at the mirror Nina was now holding in front of her face. Kaila could now see herself in the dress, but her favorite part of it all was the lavender gem in the center of the sparkling crown upon her head.

"I'm a princess!" She squealed bounding around before taking the mirror from Nina's hand aggressively holding it to herself with a large smile.

Meanwhile Nina rolled her eyes at the girl playfully watching as she kept trying to look at the crown on her head.

Pulling her phone out Nina snapped a picture of Kaila sending it over to Lain as she was only a few steps away from the courthouse with Mallix by her side.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

171K 2.9K 48
Lucy a 19 year old little struggling in collage. Trying to hide her secret until she sees an advertisement online for a little/caregivers meet up. M...
30.4K 827 38
It's the 2700s and the world is run by vampires. I tried to make it a standalone; however, most of the characters are introduced in previous books in...
200K 3.3K 17
~"'Alright my little princess, are you ready to go find us a house of our own?' He asks as he finishes buckling himself up. I squirm around in my sea...
4.2K 80 16
"π‘Ίπ’π’Žπ’† π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆπ’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒆𝒕 π’ˆπ’ 𝒐𝒇" In a world where love often follows predictable paths, meet Leah and A...