Lovers

villageisaglow

Harper and Patrick Alwyn are ready for their lives to be normal. They want to settle down and escape from the... Еще

False Alarm
Poor Little Girl
New York Is Calling
Early Morning Flight
Sing
Press Release
New Friends
Only Three Months
Suitcase
Ring Of Keys
London Boy
Panic
When I Grow Up
Nothing Holding Her Back
Gorgeous
Royal Albert Hall
Tech Week
Packing
See You Again
Dress Rehearsal
Charming
After Party
Secret Moments
Afternoon Naps
Stress
Save The Tears For The Subway
Smoothies
And Juliet
Medicine
Being Apart
Results
Something's Up
Tell The Truth
It's Real
Adapting
A Special Time
An Ocean Away
Moving In
Explanations
Uncomfortable
Vitamins
Pack A Suitcase
Reunited
Where The Heart Is
One Last Time
Speeches
Ours
No Place Like Home
One More Thing
Parents
After Dinner
Dance With You
Tonight Belongs To You
Drinks
Goodnight
Heartbeat
Naughty
In The Mirror
Her Mum
Stressed
Costume Party
Shopping
Practically Perfect
It's A...
Biggest And Best Adventure
Kicking
Sunrise, Sunset
Welcome, Christmas
New Year's Day
In Two Weeks
Keep No Secrets
Plans
Useless
Your Childhood Room
Frustrated
Shower
Black Swan
What's In A Name?
When I Drive
Up In The Nursery
I'll Know
Heart Full Of Love
Easter Bunny
Grandparents
For Good
Pretty Perfect
A Warning
Catch Up
New Kind Of Normal
Daddy's Little Girl
Moments Like These
On The Town
Close My Eyes And Leap
Takeaway Pizza
Darkest Night
Lullaby Of The City
Make It Work
Something On Her Mind
The Dream I Dreamed
Spilling The News
Fantine
Somewhere Beyond The Barricade
Keep Her Legacy Alive
Frustrating
Hold The Baby
Drink With Me
Unruly Heart
Letters
Request
In The Morning
Costume Party
Family Time
Fantine Sisters
Screaming And Crying
Appointment
Diagnosis
Another Op'nin Another Show
Opening Night Press Gala
Kindness
One-Ended Conversation
Smitten
Honesty
Call To The Stands
In The West End
Permanent
Three Months
Press Day
Lullabies
An Offer
Accepting
I Wonder...
Many Questions
Shine
New Adventure
No Way To Stop It
Soft Start
Growth
Harsh
Change
Pretty
Therapy
Surprise
Out Of Bed
Flowers
Smoothies
On The Barricade
Remember Forever
One Last Time
Epilogue

Reunion

56 3 4
villageisaglow

Hi kiddos. I honestly didn't proofread the second half of this because I realized I was supposed to be asleep half an hour ago. Oops. I hope it isn't atrocious hahaha. Enjoy/comment/vote xxx goodnight!
-ab

—————————————

May 1, 2028

Harper

"And you're sure that you'll be okay?"

"Harper Elise Alwyn," Patrick tells me, grabbing both of my hands, "we will be absolutely fine. I promise. She'll probably sleep for a bit longer anyway, then we have bottles in the fridge and diapers stocked up. I can read to her and do tummy time with her. Everything will be okay. You just focus on going and having a good time with your friend. I know how much you're looking forward to seeing Brittney."

I smile at him. "Thanks." I really am so excited to see Brit. The two of us grew to be so incredibly close when I was in New York, and the weirdest thing about coming back home was not having her by my side for everything. I have a lovely support system back home, of course. Besides Patrick, I came home to Taylor, Nessa, and Katherine, who were all ready and willing to hang out with me and help me whenever I needed it. I still found myself wishing that Brittney were here.

"I love you, H. I'll see you in a few hours, okay? Forget about us until then. We're fine."

"You'll call me if you aren't?"

"I promise," he insists. "Bye, love."

"Bye," I say. I place a quick kiss on his lips, then swing my purse over my shoulder and walk outside.

Since it's a nice day, I'm wearing one of my favourite outfits- a denim jacket and sundress. The remnant of my baby bump is still a bit visible, but I'm trying to forget about it. I want to have fun with my friend without being self conscious all day.

I hop on the tube and ride to the airport, which takes quite a long time, since it's on the outskirts of London. During the ride, I can't stop thinking about Millie and Patrick at home, and I hope that everything is going okay.

By the time that I make it to the airport, though, I've started to push those thoughts out of my mind. I realize that Patrick is an amazing father, and he has been so helpful recently that I know that he is so capable of taking care of our little girl.

I don't wait at Heathrow for very long until I get a text from Brittney, saying that she is through customs. I smile, knowing that it won't be ten minutes until I get to see her again.

Soon, I make eye contact with her, and both of us squeal, running towards each other.

"Harper!" she exclaims, engulfing me in a hug. "Oh my god, you look so beautiful."

I blush a little bit. "Thanks," I laugh. "So do you."

"That's not the point. I didn't pop a kid out of me two weeks ago."

I chuckle. "That's true. But you still look great."

Brit thanks me, then I look at her. "So. Your first experience on the tube. What do you say?"

"Sounds like a plan," she says. She pulls her suitcase behind her and we head out of Heathrow, just across the road to the tube.

"So, you have an address for your Airbnb, right?" I ask as we are walking to the train. "Oh, and you have an Oyster card?"

"Yeah, I ordered that in advance. And I put the Airbnb address into Google Maps, and it seems to be pretty close to you."

"Where is it?"

Brit tells me the address, and I nod. "I think I know exactly where it is."

"Good, because I don't," she laughs.

"I'll lead the way."

We catch the next train towards Hampstead, and catch up during the ride. I show off some sweet pictures of Millie, and she fills me in on her final show of Les Mis. We have a lot of laughs and it is so much fun.

After reaching our stop, I lead Brittney to the street that she told me she needed, and we find the house number within a few minutes. It's a cute little flat, not too far from my house. It's quite small, but really, that's all that she needs. She's here alone, and only for a month.

"This is adorable," I remark, looking around.

"Yeah, my mom found the place for me. She did a good job. It was really quite cheap, too. I got a monthly rate, which was so nice."

"That's good that they have that option," I tell her. "I was worried that you were spending your whole life's savings to come and visit me."

"Even if I was, it would be worth it," she winks. "No, lets be real, I spent my entire life's savings on West End shows."

I laugh. "That sounds about right. What all are you seeing?"

"I think it would be a shorter answer to tell you what I'm not seeing," she giggles. "I've got Les Mis, Phantom of the Opera, Matilda, Everybody's Talking About Jamie, and a few others."

"Oh, you're so lucky," I gush. "I think I'm out of seeing shows for a few years. Or at least until Patrick and I are comfortable leaving Millie with a babysitter."

"That makes sense," she nods, "but I guess that's a sacrifice you make for your kid."

"Yep," I nod. "I can't wait for you to meet her. Are you up for coming over for dinner this evening?"

"Well, I definitely don't want to cook," Brit laughs, "or find a restaurant."

"That's one of the worst parts about traveling," I agree with a chuckle. "I'm just cooking up some pasta or something simple."

"That's no big deal. It's food."

"Would you like some time to rest first?"

"That would be nice."

"Okay," I tell Brittney. We make plans for me to come back in a few hours so that I can make sure she gets to my house easily, then I tell her that I'll see her later and head back home.

I know that Patrick and Madeline are okay back home. I'm proud of myself for going out and not worrying all day. But I can't wait to get back and see the loves of my life.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

88.5K 2.2K 40
they've had enough, they're ready to run //triggers warnings will be placed on certain chapters with certain content! read them at your own risk, i...
18 (Narry AU) Tay

Фанфик

171K 8.5K 34
Where people age until they reach 18 and then stop aging until they meet their soul mate - whose eyes are a color they can't see until they first loc...
79K 2K 62
This Love left a Permanent Mark
32.8K 232 18
When Maddie's life takes an unexpected turn, she is forced to go live in London with an old friend. She finds her self falling in love with his best...