The Breakup [brollins]

By selloutlunatic

While falling in love with The Architect, Becky Lynch must go against her abusive ex to prove to Rollins that... More

prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
epilogue

seven

1.9K 39 3
By selloutlunatic

I looked all over for Charlotte before Raw started, but she was nowhere to be found. Dolph, however, was sitting at my usual table in catering.

"Hi," I simply said before I sat down, smiling at him.

"Hi," he repeated, looking down at his phone afterward. I frowned at him until I saw a shadow over the table. I looked up and met my eyes with him.

"Hi?" was once again repeated by me, but confusingly, not understanding why he was right in front of me after what happened around lunchtime. Seth said nothing, just stared at me for a few seconds before walking away to a different table.

"Is that your boyfriend or something?" I heard Dolph ask, knocking me out of my trance.

"No, why would you think that?"

"Why else would he just stare at you like that?"

I shrugged, "I don't know."

"Well, he's an asshole. I feel sorry for you. He probably sucks to work with."

"He's not an asshole," I shot back, asking myself why I was defending him.

"Sorry," he held up his hands in defense. "So about later tonight," he smirked.

"Oh, yeah!" I smiled, but then realized something. "I don't think I can, actually."

He frowned. "Why not?"

"I think I'm just gonna go back to the hotel. Seth and I had an issue earlier and I would like to fix it."

"Oh," he said somberly, "what happened?"

I sighed. "We just had a disagreement, that's all."

"About?" He asked again.

"No idea. I've been trying to get along with him, but I don't think he wants to be friends."

Dolph shook his head in disapproval. "Classic Rollins."

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"He just has a bad attitude. Why would you want to be around that tonight when you can be around me?" He smirked.

I shrugged. For some odd reason, I would rather be with Seth's 'bad attitude' tonight. I knew there was more to him than just his bad attitude, and I want to get past it. But if I turned down Dolph tonight, what if he decides he never wants to go out on a date? "I don't know. What about tomorrow night?"

"I want to get to know you as soon as possible," he replied softly.

"Can't it wait?" I questioned. "If you really want to get to know me, you'd wait. I did say on the plane that I have a lot going on."

"So you want to turn down a date to solve problems with a well-known puss?"

I sent him a harsh glance. "You act like you have some history there. Did he break your heart?" I said sarcastically.

"Maybe," he replied. I was shocked at that response.

"Well, maybe I'm not that interested to know." I was very interested. Gotta play hard to get, though.

"Why would that be?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"It could just be a ploy to get me to go out with you," I looked at Seth a few tables in front of us, then back at Dolph.

"Come on, Becky. I may not have history with him, but I know people who do. And it never ends well."

"Why were you so curious about mine and Rollins' argument in the first place?" I asked, trying to drop the conversation as Dolph began to annoy me. "I'm not friends with him." I lied, knowing I wanted to be.

"Okay, I'll stop. Are we going out tonight, though?"

I sighed. Back to this decision. My eyes moved to Seth again. Although all I could see was the back of his head, I continued to observe as always. What I should do was obvious, but what I wanted to do was more intriguing. I should go with Dolph and have a potential future, but I wanted to fix things with Seth and make a new friend.

"I'll go with you," I said in the end, not taking my eyes off the brown man bun in front of me.

"Oh, great! I'll see you after the show." He said excitedly.

I nodded in response, eyes still on Seth. I stood up and walked over to him. "Can I talk to you?" I asked. He nodded and followed me across the room.

"I'll be a little late coming back to the hotel tonight," I told him.

"Why?" He asked, glancing behind me before focusing his eyes back on me.

"I'm going out," I said simply.

"With him?" He asked, his eyes shooting back behind me. I didn't bother turning around to see who he was referring to, as it was obvious.

"It's not important who I'm going out with," I replied, feeling confident that I was the one getting in his head this time... I hoped. "So if you don't mind, I'll see you later tonight. But you don't need to wait up for me." I said before turning around and returning to Dolph's side.

"Did you get Daddy's permission?" Dolph asked sarcastically. Even though it bothered me, this was the right choice. I nodded in response to him.

- - -

"So, who is Becky Lynch?" He started.

I took a sip of my Starbucks coffee. "I feel like I'm always the one explaining," I responded, "what about you?"

He began to tell me a little about himself, his background, and where he'd like to be. I responded with a little of the same before we both finished our coffee.

"Before we go, I have one last question for you," he smiled, "why do you care if you get along with Seth or not?"

I furrowed my eyebrows for a second, then shrugged. "We're back on this topic?" I chuckled. "I don't know. Maybe I don't wanna be in a team where we don't get along. That would make the in-ring acting hard, as well."

"You like him." He stated confidently. "I notice you observe him, like tonight."

"And we would like to welcome Becky Lynch joining us at ringside for Seth Rollins' match. How are you, Becky?" Michael Cole asked me. I didn't respond, just furrowed my eyebrows at Seth.

"What do you care?" I asked him.

"Alright then, Becky may I ask why you have joined us at ringside?"

"I care about you, that's all. But I can tell you're interested in him. Not like that, just interested in why he is the way that he is."

"And Seth Rollins wins the match!" Cole announces. I stand up and leave the scene, walking back to ringside without having said a word the entire match. Seth stared at me as I walked off.

"You didn't even talk out there." Dolph continued.

"I guess we'll have to get our questions answered from Becky another time."

"That was part of the script, Dolph. It's starting out as a mystery and then I'll declare us be a team. It's all for business, I really don't understand why you're so interested."

"I just don't think he's good enough for you."

"You don't even know what's good for me," I shot back.

"I know what happened between you and Randy. If you don't want another thing like that to happen, I just advise you to stay away from Rollins."

"I wish you would stop bringing this up. It's all business, nothing more," I hissed at him. I stood up and threw my coffee cup in the trash can before walking out of the shop. I could hear him following me.

"You act weird about him, though." He said before running in front of me to stop me from walking away.

"I'm tired and I'm going home."

I tried walking past him, but he grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me towards him. I tried to push him off until I saw Seth a ways behind him. I don't know what compelled me to do this, but I grabbed Dolph and kissed him. I opened my eyes slightly to see Seth stopped, watching us from afar. I pulled away and wiped my mouth. "See you tomorrow!" I yelled, leaving both men stunned as I ran across the street to the hotel.

My foot tapped impatiently on the hotel room floor as I waited for Seth to come in. I didn't understand why seeing Seth made me kiss Dolph. I didn't like him, so why would I try to make him jealous? I stood up and grabbed my phone to call Seth until I remembered that I didn't have his number.

But I did have Sheamus'.

I dialed his number and he picked up immediately.

"Sheamus? Do you know where Seth is?"

He took a while to answer. "No."

"I know he's with you. Can I talk to him?"

"Sure!" He said immediately this time. I heard a shuffling sound before silence.

"Seth?" I said quietly. No response. "Did I do something wrong?" No response. "All your stuff is here, still." No response. "Can you come over and we can talk?" No response, but shuffling.

"He said no."

"Can you try to get him over here?" I asked, but the line went dead straight after.

I looked at the clock and saw it was half-past one. I sighed and sat on the floor for a little longer, hoping that Seth would maybe show up.

After a while of waiting, I got up and walked to the bathroom to get ready for bed. I put my hair in a bun and washed my face. How could I be so stupid? I thought to myself. Why would you try to make him jealous? I forcefully brushed my teeth in frustration. At the same time, what would be the reason he doesn't even wanna talk to me? I spit out the toothpaste and finished. Why do I care so much, anyway?

Suddenly, a knock appeared at the bathroom door. I swung the door open, relieved at who it was. "Seth?" I asked, leaning against the door frame. He didn't respond, as usual, so I silenced myself, too. I wasn't up for playing his game. I surpassed him and walked out to the living room. He followed, and I looked at him, frowning, before facing the window.

"Why did you want me here?" He finally spoke up. Something seemed off about him. I didn't know what it was, and I didn't know why. I didn't respond. How could I tell him sorry for making him jealous, when I didn't know if he was or not? When that wasn't my intention in the first place?

"I feel like I did something wrong, so I'm sorry," I said safely.

"I think we should talk to Vince about changing up these arrangements," he replied, making me frown.

"I like this arrangement," I said sternly.

"I don't think it works," he said lowly, exiting the living room into his room.

"Why do you think that?" I asked. I ran to follow him into his room.

"Seth," I said before he slammed the door in my face, leaving me there confused.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 722 40
When Rebecca tells her family a lie about her bringing a date to her brothers wedding, she didn't realize her whole family would believe her, but the...
6K 207 12
When it comes to relationships, Becky always had two firm rules: don't date a wrestler and don't make a move on someone who's already with someone el...
66.5K 1.4K 27
Something tragic almost happens, but it brings them together...
118K 4.1K 75
Life is all about the little moments that lead to the great moments.