seventeen

I looked up and furrowed my eyebrows when I noticed that the person who sat down next to me was him, and not someone like Charlotte. I looked in the direction of his friends, then back at him.

"Why are you sitting next to me?" I asked him.

He shrugged. "Would you rather sit with Dolph and Charlotte?"

I stared at him, knowing he was right. "And why should I rather sit with you?" I asked lowly, leaning towards him.

"I'm better company than they are," he smiled. I opened my mouth to respond, but a throat clearing in front of us interrupted me.

"I loved the segment on Raw," Vince started, "keep it up, but give me something tasty."

We nodded as he shook both our hands before walking away. A deep silence fell over Seth and me, so I stood up to walk to the locker room, stopping when I noticed Seth following me.

"Why did you stop? Let's go," he said, placing his hand on the small of my back as we walked together. I didn't want to admit it, but I liked spending time with Seth. Even though I was always confused with him, it was better company than Charlotte and Dolph. The fact that he was sitting by me, walking with me, putting his hand on my back as we walked, it all made me wonder what his intentions with me were.

I stopped in front of the locker room, not wanting all the ladies freaking out if he walked in there. I turned to face him. "Let's go back to catering," I said, not wanting to escape his company. He nodded, seeming to follow whatever it is I did.

Blondie number one interrupted our walk back. "Seth, why are you with her?"

She was death staring Seth, but when I turned to face him, he only had eyes for me.

"She's a loser compared to me!"

I widened my eyes at how loud she was talking, and Seth finally looked over at her. He raised his eyebrow, which only angered Lana more.

"Why would you ever go for someone with orange hair when you have a ravishing Russian?!"

I felt unphased by her words but was touched in a way as I wondered to myself that same question. I knew I wasn't Seth's type. It didn't make sense for him to want to be with me. All the girls he dated looked the same. In fact, Lana didn't even look like one of his regulars. But the point is that I was really different.

"Are you done?" Seth said, unbothered by her. A small laugh escaped my lips and I felt her glare close in on me. She scoffed before storming away. The people at catering stared at us until Seth looked up at them, causing them to go back to minding their own business.

- - -

After the house show, Seth and I made our way back to the hotel and got a room to share.

"I like when you kiss me," he said suddenly as we both plopped on the bed.

I looked over at him, then back up at the ceiling, not really knowing how to respond to that once again. I felt his eyes staring at me attentively. He sat up and scooted closer to me. He hesitated a bit before lifting me up. I stared back at him as he grabbed my arms and wrapped them around his neck. My eyes fell down to his lips before I let my eyes trail around the room, trying to distance myself.

He leaned forward and kissed my cheek as I was looking away. His hands moved to my hips, but he didn't make a move to close the distance between us. I looked at him and couldn't help myself by pulling him closer to me and locking our lips. At first, it was hesitant, but the kiss became more forceful as the seconds went by.