fifteen

"What's up, Becky?"

I screamed as I heard a voice other than Seth's rise from the back seat. Seth slammed on the breaks in response.

"Are you okay?" Seth said in worry, placing his hand on my thigh. My gaze shot to his hand and I nodded, turning to see Sheamus in the back seat.

"I just asked if you knew where Seth was, and now you just appear in his back seat?" I snapped.

"I was in the front, but Seth made me move to the back so you could sit next to him."

I dropped the conversation at Sheamus' comment. I slightly smiled and Seth started driving, taking his hand away from my thigh.

"I'm dropping Sheamus off at the hotel before we go if you don't mind," Seth said.

I shook my head. "No, it's fine."

A deep silence fell over us until we got to the hotel. I was kinda surprised that Sheamus didn't say anything.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow," he said before exiting the car. I flinched when Seth quickly drove off, starting our road trip.

I reached over to change the temperature since I was cold, but Seth nervously did the same, causing us to touch hands. Suddenly I felt like I was in that Twilight movie Charlotte described to me.

"I got it," he said before making it warmer in the car.

It had already been a few hours and we had barely said any words to each other. I was starting to wonder to myself if I really did like him or if I just liked the mystery. I felt like we had no chemistry. It was never easy between us, but I figured that since he kissed me he would maybe talk to me.

"Bathroom break?" He questioned. I quickly nodded.

He pulled over by a gas station and we entered together. Afterward, I roamed through the aisle to get some of the Sweedish Fish I was craving. All of a sudden I felt a wave of cold air hit my neck as my hair was brushed back, feeling goosebumps rise on my skin. I turned my head slightly, flinching a little when Seth's arm sneaked around my waist. He started planting kisses from my neck to my lips, catching me by surprise. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the family bathroom, and I innocently followed.

He closed the door and pushed me back against it before leaning forward and closing the distance between us. As I realized what was going on, I put my hand on his chest to push him away, but stopped as I felt his heart beating as fast as mine. His tongue wet my bottom lip as he deepened the kiss. I felt a feeling of warmth go through me as his fingers tangled between my hair. I put my other hand on the back of his neck, standing on my tiptoes as I pressed my body against his. His hand trailed down my back to my leg, picking me up, causing me to wrap my legs around his waist. He turned around and I placed my hand on the door behind him.

Warmth rushed to my cheeks as we slowed down and broke from the kiss. Becoming aware of how close we were, I pulled my head back more and unwrapped my legs from his waist and arms from his neck.

I wanted to walk out of the room but he was in front of the door. I turned around to face the mirror and I saw his reflection staring back at me. I backed up a little but ran into his chest. "We should get going," I said, turning back to face his chest.

His fingers brushed against my neck and he bent down. "Yeah, we probably should," he whispered in my ear. My breathing increased as he continued to lean in but I brushed past him and walked out. I took a deep breath before rushing to the car, no Sweedish Fish in hand.

I let out a groan as Seth was taking a while. I didn't know if I left him frozen in his spot or something, but when he returned he threw a bag of Sweedish Fish at me. I smiled, but I wasn't even craving them anymore. Not with his taste left on my tongue.

- - -

The road trip went by quickly after... that. Mostly silence, but a different kind of silence. The arena the next day was also a different vibe. Everyone was looking at me as I walked in. Did I have something stuck in my teeth?

Charlotte was giving me the weirdest looks, unsurprisingly. Everyone else, though? I had no idea. I looked over to Seth and his clique. He looked up at me right when he felt my gaze and I whipped it away. I shook my head at the thought of how much has changed between us in the past few weeks. Not many words, but definitely many... actions.

"There's a different vibe with you and Seth," Charlotte said all of a sudden, making me jump as she joined my walk through the hall.

"Oh," I simply responded.

"Are you getting close?" She asked, ignoring my lack of interest in her questions. "Like personal?"

I thought about this question, though. He was close to me, in a way. Besides the kissing, he knew a decent amount about me. He was still a bit of a mystery, but I felt like he trusted me more than others. He trusted himself to let go around me. Some of his little actions showed me that. The kiss, however, was close. Too close. I needed to promise myself that I don't want to get close to him like that. Being around him made me feel safe, yet reckless. I have a feeling he is gonna hurt me as Randy did, and I knew that since I have that feeling I need to stay clear of his lips. But Charlotte doesn't need to know anything about his lips. Or the way his fingers brush against me. Or the way he protects me. Or the way he's just a friend, right?

"I don't think so," I said, keeping it short. She nodded as I sat down at my usual catering table. She stood in front of me and walked off without saying anything. Afterward, Dolph sat in front of me.

"So when's that date?" He smiled, flashing his pearly whites at me.

"About that," I sighed, "I don't think I'm interested."

His eyes widened. "Huh?"

"I don't know, I don't feel comfortable around you."

"So, to be clear, you're uncomfortable around me but not Seth Rollins? Do you like him?" He leaned forward, speaking lowly. "Because if you do, you need to realize that he's just playing with you until he doesn't like how you taste anymore," he laughed, "just look over there."

I turned to where he was pointing, seeing him place a heated kiss on Lana's lips. I felt a sudden weight drop down my stomach and closed my eyes before turning back to Dolph, trying to seem unphased.

I shrugged at Dolph. "We're just partners," I said. I felt sadness fill my eyes, but I pushed to hide it. I told myself I should have known. I did know. B-but-

"I like you, too,"

I vividly remember those words coming out of his mouth before he kissed me. Maybe he said those same words to Lana.

"Now I gotta go," I finished before walking away to the locker room. I locked and leaned against the locker room door and slid down, burying my face in my hands.

Seth: 100, Becky: 0.

After my match, I quickly packed and left the arena to get my own hotel room. I took a shower, hopped in the bed, and buried my face in the pillow. I punched it over and over again before sitting up in defeat.

I couldn't believe myself. I couldn't believe that I let him play me. I couldn't believe that I fell for it. I thought I was being careful. I would push him away sometimes, right? I felt stupider with Seth not able to leave my mind, still. I felt embarrassed that I was upset over him, even though I did kiss him multiple times. Dolph and Charlotte were once again right about Seth not giving a damn about me.

Dolph.

I really didn't want anything to do with him, but I knew he would take my mind off of Seth if I did go on that date. Even though all he talks about is Seth...

I grabbed my phone and unlocked it, hesitating to hit his contact.

Becky;
I'm up for that date.

I quickly sent it, not giving myself enough time to rethink my choice. But Seth can kiss other girls, so I can kiss other guys. I have to make sure that Seth doesn't get any more kisses from me, though.

Dolph;
Tomorrow before you go to Iowa?

I sighed, knowing I could call off the date. But I didn't.

Becky;
Ok.