twenty-eight

The show was over and it was later that night where I happened to be alone in my hotel room. Seth was going out with Dean again, even though it sounded like he didn't want to. I personally didn't like when he went out with Dean, knowing how it ended. But whether we were strangers, friends, co-workers, or in a relationship, I didn't feel at liberty to judge his actions.

I decided to go have a late-night gym session to distract me from my thoughts. When I walked into the hotel gym, I noticed someone standing on the other side of the room, back facing towards me. The sound of his violent punches on the punching bag filled the silence in the room.

I flinched when the violent punches finally punched the bag off the hook it was hanging on. I detached myself from the entrance and made my way over to him, putting my hand on his sweaty shoulder to get his attention.

He jumped at my touch, his soft eyes meeting mine. He took out his headphones as a frown took him over. "Becky?" He questioned, confusion in his voice.

I crouched down next to him, squeezing his shoulder lightly and deeply looking into his eyes. I knew that whatever happened earlier was still bothering him, which made me respect him and his feelings more. "I thought you were with Dean?"

We both stood up. He walked over to the punching bag and hooked it back up. I sucked in a sharp breath when he grabbed the sleeve of his black shirt before sliding it off of him. He walked closer to me, smirking as he side-glanced my reaction. My eyes stayed locked on his in front of me to refrain from looking at the sweaty body in front of me.

"It looks like you were gonna work out, but can we go to the room?" He asked.

"Sure," I replied, remembering and wondering why he didn't answer my question about Dean earlier.

The walk and elevator ride to the room was silent. I, for some reason, didn't feel like talking much, so I accepted the lack of conversation.

We got into the room and both sat down on the single king bed. I turned to look at him when the only thing filling the room was the sound of the air conditioner blasting cold air into the cold atmosphere.

I suddenly remembered my reaction to him taking off his shirt, and I questioned why I had that reaction. I had seen him shirtless before and of course, love every minute of it, but how embarrassing!

"What are you thinking about?" He asked all of a sudden, quickly catching my attention. "I see you blushing," he pointed out.

My hands raced to my face, quickly covering my cheeks. "I am?" I muttered, suddenly hating the helpless voice coming out of me.

"You're for sure thinking about your reaction when I took my shirt off."

I shot him a fast glance, surprised that he knew what I was thinking. "I was not!"

"Yes, you were."

"No, I wasn't!"

He leaned in closer to me. "Yes, you were," he whispered, our sudden closeness making my heart beat faster in my chest, especially when I realized he was still shirtless.

I looked at him, speechless. The look in his eyes showed that I had been defeated. He smiled to acknowledge his win but didn't move away. It was as if he wanted something for winning...

I suddenly leaned in to place my lips on his, a low hum vibrating down his throat as my fingers moved up to the back of his neck. His hand found its way down to my hip, slightly opening our mouths as he deepened the kiss. Feeling as if we were too far apart, I moved on top of him in a straddle, a shiver sending down my spine as his fingers moved to my lower back. He flipped me over on my back and detached from the kiss before planting kisses down my neck. He settled himself between my open legs, his hand traveling up and down my thigh before grabbing my hip and pulling my waist up to meet his crotch.

He suddenly pulled away and rolled to the side. "Sorry, too soon."

I smiled that he remembered, but didn't regret anything that had happened. I knew that if I got more clarity on where we stood, I would go for it. But the conversation rarely came up. We both were too nervous about it. There is one thing I knew for sure, though, and it's that I was falling for him. The fact that we were so detached at the beginning, and now we're closer than we ever have been to anyone else before... that means something.

His hand landed on my wrist as I scooted away. "Come over here," he hesitantly requested.

I laid down closer to him once again, hesitantly resting my head on his chest. I let out a sigh of relief when Seth wrapped his arm around me, accepting my gesture. I felt my body relax against his, still shirtless, chest. It was a change in pace, but every day I felt closer to him.

"What's something you love," I asked him, "besides fitness."

"Music," he replied. I felt his hand brush up and down my side as we got used to the position we were in.

I nodded, already knowing that. "What about a pet peeve?"

"Uh," he started saying, as if he was questioning why I was asking these questions, "lies."

Although it was a one-word reply, I sensed, again, all of the trauma hidden behind his emotions. I could tell how much it affected him the more he opened up about it. It started to become unsettling, though. So I had to ask...

"Does that happen to you often?"

He shrugged. "Very often."

"Do you lie to people?" I asked, immediately hating myself for it. However, I was curious about the answer. I knew he had secrets, but I wondered if he lied about them. Everyone lies, of course, but he knew that this was deeper. Maybe I could find out if he lies to me.

"I refrain from telling all the information," he replied sharply. I nodded, understanding that he didn't want to continue the conversation.

"What if someone refrains from telling you information?" I asked, trying hard to stop myself. I decided to ask because of the weird texts I had been receiving lately.

"It depends, I guess," he said, "on whether or not I refrain information from that person as well."

"Have you ever omitted something while talking to me?" I hesitantly asked. I would've thought we were close enough to where he didn't omit a lot but I was still curious.

He suddenly removed his arm from around me and cleared his throat. "I'm tired, ready for bed?" He asked before getting up and walking into the bathroom.