seven

I looked all over for Charlotte before Raw started, but she was nowhere to be found. Dolph, however, was sitting at my usual table in catering.

"Hi," I simply said before I sat down, smiling at him.

"Hi," he repeated, looking down at his phone afterward. I frowned at him until I saw a shadow over the table. I looked up and met my eyes with him.

"Hi?" was once again repeated by me, but confusingly, not understanding why he was right in front of me after what happened around lunchtime. Seth said nothing, just stared at me for a few seconds before walking away to a different table.

"Is that your boyfriend or something?" I heard Dolph ask, knocking me out of my trance.

"No, why would you think that?"

"Why else would he just stare at you like that?"

I shrugged, "I don't know."

"Well, he's an asshole. I feel sorry for you. He probably sucks to work with."

"He's not an asshole," I shot back, asking myself why I was defending him.

"Sorry," he held up his hands in defense. "So about later tonight," he smirked.

"Oh, yeah!" I smiled, but then realized something. "I don't think I can, actually."

He frowned. "Why not?"

"I think I'm just gonna go back to the hotel. Seth and I had an issue earlier and I would like to fix it."

"Oh," he said somberly, "what happened?"

I sighed. "We just had a disagreement, that's all."

"About?" He asked again.

"No idea. I've been trying to get along with him, but I don't think he wants to be friends."

Dolph shook his head in disapproval. "Classic Rollins."

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"He just has a bad attitude. Why would you want to be around that tonight when you can be around me?" He smirked.

I shrugged. For some odd reason, I would rather be with Seth's 'bad attitude' tonight. I knew there was more to him than just his bad attitude, and I want to get past it. But if I turned down Dolph tonight, what if he decides he never wants to go out on a date? "I don't know. What about tomorrow night?"

"I want to get to know you as soon as possible," he replied softly.

"Can't it wait?" I questioned. "If you really want to get to know me, you'd wait. I did say on the plane that I have a lot going on."

"So you want to turn down a date to solve problems with a well-known puss?"

I sent him a harsh glance. "You act like you have some history there. Did he break your heart?" I said sarcastically.

"Maybe," he replied. I was shocked at that response.

"Well, maybe I'm not that interested to know." I was very interested. Gotta play hard to get, though.

"Why would that be?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"It could just be a ploy to get me to go out with you," I looked at Seth a few tables in front of us, then back at Dolph.

"Come on, Becky. I may not have history with him, but I know people who do. And it never ends well."

"Why were you so curious about mine and Rollins' argument in the first place?" I asked, trying to drop the conversation as Dolph began to annoy me. "I'm not friends with him." I lied, knowing I wanted to be.