Perfect Preparation

By LexForLexxanie

The day before Kaila's eighteenth birthday she fails to get into the club with some of her friends. Her small... More

Chapter 1: Eerie Feeling
Chapter 2: Birthday
Chapter 3: Kidnapped
Chapter 4: Baby
Chapter 5: You're Who
Chapter 6: Rejected
Chapter 7: Learn To Listen
Chapter 8: Rebellious
Chapter 9: Progress
Chapter 10: Bedtime
Chapter 11: Decision
Chapter 12: A New Morning
Chapter 13: Breakfast Mayhem
Chapter 14: Awkward Meeting
Chapter 15: Inner Feelings
Chapter 16: Bonding
Chapter 17: Trip Gone Wrong
Chapter 18: Christmas Surprise
Chapter 19: Slip Up
Chapter 20: Shattered and Broken
Chapter 21:Temper Tantrum
Chapter 22:  Déjà vu
Chapter 23: Early Gift
Chapter 24: Crazy Thoughts
Chapter 25: Call Up
Chapter 26: Road Trip
Chapter 27: Panic Mode
Chapter 28: Backstage
Chapter 29: Quiet On Set
Chapter 30: The Issue At Hand
Chapter 31: Rollercoaster Day
Chapter 32: Mob Madness
Chapter 33: Open Road
Chapter 34: The Talk
Chapter 35: Work Day
Chapter 36: Exposed
Chapter 37: True Friend
Chapter 38: Old Voice
Chapter 39: Worries
Chapter 40: Good News
Chapter 41: Deception
Chapter 42: New Day New Mood
Chapter 43: Sweet Treat
Chapter 44: Little Boutique
Chapter 45: Day On The Town
Chapter 46: Diamond Jewel
Chapter 47: Nina To The Rescue
Chapter 48: Sneaky Ears
Chapter 50: Home Is Where The Heart Lies
Chapter 51: Family Fun
Chapter 52: Stressful Morning
Chapter 53: Fashion Show
Chapter 54: The Hearing
Chapter 55: Photo Shoot
Chapter 56: Story Time
Chapter 57: Adventure Awaits
Chapter 58: Fairy Dust
Chapter 59: Amusement Park
Chapter 60: Return Of A Fairy
Chapter 61: Until Dusk
Chapter 62: Daddy/Daughter Day
Chapter 63: Interruption
Chapter 64: Shipwreck
Chapter 65: At Your Service
Chapter 66: Trouble In Paradise
Chapter 67: Yearning For Love
Chapter 68: Mole
Chapter 69: Traitor
Chapter 70: Broken Pieces
Chapter 71: A Mother's Bond
Chapter 72: Risky Move
Chapter 73: Blackmail
Chapter 74: Nanny Nina
Chapter 75: Triple Threat
Chapter 76: Under the Willow Tree
Chapter 77: To The Studio
Chapter 78: Reflection
Chapter 79: Exposed
Chapter 80: Confession
Chapter 81: Guardianship
Chapter 82: Girly Gossip
Chapter 83: Surprise Visit
Chapter 84: Crushing
Chapter 85: Cookie Call
Chapter 86: Second Chances
Chapter 87: Double Date
Chapter 88: The Girls Are Back
Chapter 89: The Easy Part
Chapter 90: The Art of Secrecy
Chapter 91: The Cave
Chapter 92: The Dark Past
Chapter 93: Only A Rumor
Chapter 94: Strange Encounter
Chapter 95: Blue Mist
Chapter 96: Zander
Chapter 97: Isolation Unit
Chapter 98: Withdrawal
Chapter 99: White Light
Chapter 100: Under One Moon

Chapter 49: Super Spy

9.8K 238 17
By LexForLexxanie

After removing as much blood as he could, he bandages her up, and they all examined her wound thankfully she had only gotten a small cut no bigger than a bean that wasn't deep. "Your alright baby, you were such a trooper while daddy cleaned your ouchie." Lain whispered into her ear rocking them slowly.

"What were you doing running on the stairs anyways? Why wasn't the gate shut?" Nina asked looking at the gate besides her. Sadness filled her heart seeing some of Kaila's blood ruining the clean texture of the material.

Mallix suddenly opened his eyes wide realizing his mistake, which Lain and Nina didn't miss. "Babe, you know that was exactly the reason I wanted these gates installed." Lain told him.

"I know I'm sorry, it must've just slipped my mind to check if I had shut it." He defended before bending down to the sad baby in Lain's lap kissing her forehead, "I'm so sorry precious. Can you forgive daddy for his mistake?"

"Tis ok" she responded quietly sinking into Lain's hold.

"What were you doing on the stairs anyways? I thought I put you down to finish your movie?" Mallix questioned the poor girl.

She whined hiding out into Lain's chest as she shook her head. "Was someone spying on us?" Nina asked playfully with a raised eyebrow which only resulted in a louder whine and pout.

Suddenly all eyes were on her, "Kaila what did you hear us say exactly?" Lain sat her up looking into her eyes.

But Kaila kept quiet playing with the tips of her fingertips, getting too fixated on them that she blocked everyone else out.

"Kaila?" Mallix said sternly with his hand on her shoulder. "Spill it," he reminded repeatedly curling his index finger towards her mouth gesturing for her to speak.

The girl in the hot seat was still sniffling and hiccuping from her crying earlier. Eventually after an awkward few minutes of nothing Lain pulled her in closer again letting her baby hide out in the crook of her neck.

Lain stood up walking to the top floor nursery alone gesturing for the others not to follow them. She sat in the rocking chair with Kaila stretched across her lap being cradled as the taller woman brought the bottle down to her lips again, this time Kaila latched on eagerly sucking away its contents.

Before they knew it the bottle was completely empty and Kaila was still wide awake in Lain's lap. She chuckled before sitting her small girl up so she was straddling her. "Alright were alone, now will you tell me what you overheard please," Lain was trying to catch Kaila's eyes while her baby's head was to the floor.

Lightly grabbing Kaila's chin Lain moved her head up so she could lock eyes with her and she could feel the small girl shattering in her lap. When Kaila still refused to make a peep Lain had a new idea that she hadn't tried before, "one," she said coldly with a terrifying look in her eyes.

Kaila's eyes immediately jumped open knowing how this trick of hers was going to play out. "Two," came by faster than she would've liked it to, and now she knew her time was giving in on her.

"Don't you dare make me say three Kaila," Lain's voice was chilling and sent the small girls arm hairs to stand.

But Kaila also knew there was no way she was going to let her get to three. As Lain puckered her lips ready to finish counting Kaila jumped lightly, "no!"

"No?" Lain raised her eyebrow looking at the girl in her lap, "then start talking baby."

"I heard what you and Mallix are going to have to do because of me," she sadly looked up meeting the taller woman's glare which softened by the dread in her little girls voice.

Lain sighed, "you weren't suppose to hear that conversation baby, I don't want you involved in it any more than you do."

"But I want to be there, I need to, this is my battle. I should be at the hearing with you guys to plead our case. After all it's my parents were going against," She was determined in her mind already.

"That is a very brave thing of you to want Kaila, but I just don't want you getting hurt. We've already got our witnesses and testimonies ready to present against your parents. But as far as you are concerned leave this to us, Mallix has a friend who's one of the top lawyers in the nation. We're going to be just fine with the team we have already. And since you were being such a sneaky girl, eavesdropping on our conversation then you already know you'll be spending that afternoon with Nina." Lain brushed a stray hair out of Kaila's face.

"But..." Kaila started only to be shushed quickly by Lain with a finger to the mouth.

"No buts, the decision is final. Daddy and I are going to go and handle adult business while you and Aunt Nina have fun together." she spoke with full authority in her voice leaving no more room for any arguments.

But that didn't mean Kaila wasn't upset over the situation. She crossed her arms huffing and puffing, getting off Lain's lap and began to walk out of the nursery. She was quickly stopped in her track when she felt a sharp pain shoot in her bottom. "Knock the attitude off before I give you more than just one slap," she growled lowly making Kaila's whole body stiffen. This was new.

She uncrossed her arms whaling to herself as she ran to the next door into the toy room slamming the door shut. She felt the same rush she did when she first found herself waking up in this home trapping herself in here.

Only this time Kaila ran to the center of the room where a clear patch from the all toys was and curled up crying.

What she didn't know was Lain was standing right outside the door listening. It was breaking her heart to hear Kaila with every tear that fell. It wasn't long for her little ones cries to echo throughout the house and Mallix and Nina ushered up to the top floor.

"What happened?" Nina asked concerned.

"She heard about the hearing and wants to be there for it." Mallix's eyes shot open putting his hands to his nose bridge pinching it. He composed himself taking deep breaths.

"She isn't going, we made that much clear when we were planning it all out. She's going to be fine babe," Mallix reached his hand out to his distressed wife. She felt guilty accepting his offer as he pulled her close hugging her tightly.

"You guys go, let me have a little chat with her," Nina stepped up as the couple ushered away to their room.

There in the hall she stood alone hyping herself up while circling her shoulders and head, stretching her arms before finding the courage to knock on the door.

"Go away!" Kaila shouted from the other side. Her cracked voice was giving away just how sad and angry she felt.

Taking a breathe Nina twisted the handle and saw the poor thing now huddled into a corner. She looked at the sad girl sympathetically as she closer the door and sat across from Kaila taking her tiny hands in her own.

"Stop crying darling. Your making me sad just looking at you." She tried playing with Kaila's arms so they danced around causing a small giggle to emerge.

"Look at that pretty smile, much better." Nina snatched the small girl beginning to tickle her all over getting even more laughs. "S'op Aunty! Tick'es!" Rolling her eyes playfully Nina stopped letting Kaila breathe, "you have an adorable laugh. But there's plenty more where that came from if you come and hang with me the day your mommy and daddy have their meeting."

"But I want to help. It's my fault they have to do the stupid thing anyways!" She began working herself up again.

'I swear this girl and her jumping from headspaces.' Nina chuckled internally watching the light switch in Kaila flip.

"You should be more careful with what you say. You are lucky I'm not your mommy or daddy. They wouldn't be too pleased with your language right now." She warned Kaila. "I know you think this is your fault but it's not. Quite frankly they had this coming sooner or later, it was their decision to take you the way they did. And now we've got to let them deal with the consequences of their actions. But enough with the boring grown up talk, you and me are going to have so much fun together, I already have a whole list of things we're going to do." Nina had the brightest and pleading of smiles across her face by the end.

Kaila pouted briefly before accepting the offer Nina had. It wasn't hard to tell that despite only just meeting the new beauty, Kaila could tell how much she genuinely cared about her. It wasn't the same type as love Lain and Mallix showed her, but it was still love.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 38.8K 57
Becca Belfort i Haze Connors, choć przez swoich znajomych zmuszani do spędzania razem czasu całą paczką, od dawna się nie znoszą. Dogryzają sobie prz...
437K 24.1K 17
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
681K 26.5K 74
Lilly found an egg on a hiking trip. Nothing abnormal on that, right? Except the egg was four times bigger than supposedly the biggest egg in the wor...
1.7M 102K 40
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...