Teach Me How To Kiss {Wattys2...

By Whines8

Mia Harper is a 19 year old girl on her summer break from college. She is very shy and self conscious about h... More

prologue
Chapter 1 Party Invitation
Chapter 2- the things you can learn at a party
Chapter 3- getting to know you
Chapter 4- Confessions
Chapter 5- First Date
Chapter 6- First Kiss
Chapter 7- First Make Out, Turns into First Hickey
Chapter 8- First signs of Doubt
Chapter 9- First Boyfriend
Chapter 10- First Intimate Touch
Chapter 11- Invite to Meet the Parents
Chapter 12- The Dinner Guest part 1
Chapter 13- The Dinner Guest: Part 2
Chapter 14- The End of a Long Dinner
Chapter 15- Jacob's Surprise
Chapter 17- Afternoon Lunch... part 1
Chapter 18- Afternoon Lunch... part 2
Chapter 19- Just Being Nice
Chapter 20- Reassurance part 1
Chapter 21- Reassurance part 2
Chapter 22- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 1
Chapter 23- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 2
Chapter 24- A Memorable Saturday Night part 1
Chapter 25- A memorable Saturday Night part 2
Chapter 26- A Memorable Saturday Night part 3
Chapter 27- A Memorable Saturday Night part 4
Chapter 28- First Time
Chapter 29- The Morning After part 1
Chapter 30- The Morning After part 2
Chapter 31- Everything was Perfect part 1
Chapter 32- Everything was perfect part 2
Chapter 33- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 1
Chapter 34- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 2
Chapter 35- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 3
Chapter 36- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 4
Chapter 37- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 5
Chapter 38- A Night of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 6
Chapter 39- The End Of Summer

Chapter 16- Lauren's Sunday Morning News

81.7K 773 28
By Whines8

I woke up this morning feeling reluctant to get up and cupping my head as a headache began to form in the back of head. One would think that after one of the most amazing evenings of my summer yet, well not including the dreadful dinner I had to attend with Jacob’s parents and that devious Gabby, I would be floating on clouds right now. But no, instead I’m not really ready for this bright Sunday morning to begin seeing as this afternoon I will be meeting Jacob and his father at the golf club... along with his insane mother for lunch.

Ever since Jacob brought me home last night, all that’s been running through my mind is what I will have to endure from Jacob’s mother. I didn’t fall for the whole “I was going to ask Mia to join us for lunch,” crap she pulled after dinner last night. I know for a fact she was probably seething inside at the fact that Jacob wanted me to join them for lunch and I wouldn’t be surprised if she had something up her sleeve to make my lunch with them as awkward as possible. 

Sitting up slowly in my bed, I threw my legs over the side and bent my head down to meet my hands, letting my dark long hair fall in front of my face. I gave a loud groan before snapping my head up as my bedroom door flew open revealing Lauren.  

“Hey sleepy head, it’s about time you get up it’s almost eleven in the morning,” she said with a bright voice that I wouldn’t be at all surprised about if I hadn’t known how upset she was yesterday about Derek. 

Giving her a weird look, I sat up more and put one leg under me, “Your acting very... okay today...” I said testing the waters before I asked her if she was feeling alright.  

Lauren didn’t even hesitate as a smile came onto her face as she hopped over to my bed and sat down beside me, “That’s because I am okay Mia, actually I’m more than okay,” she said the last part as a distant look came onto her face, her smile turning broader.  

Not understanding why she was being so cheery, I narrowed my eyes at her, “And why are you more than okay, I’m pretty sure you didn’t look that okay to me before I left yesterday. What changed since then?” I asked curious to know why my best friend was acting like what happened between her and Derek never really happened. 

Lauren looked back at me with a grin, “You were with Jacob last night, did you guys go back to his place at all?” she said with raised eyebrows and I blushed and looked away quickly making her slap my arm, “Oh Mia I’m not trying to get any details out of you, well not yet seeing as there looks to be some juicy ones. I will be trying later, but right now I just want to know if you went back to his place,” she informed me and I gave an embarrassed nod, “Yes...” I said to her making her squeal before she quickly composed herself.

“Oh my God, okay we’ll talk about that later. Back to what I was saying, so did you happen to see Derek there last night?” she asked and I narrowed my eyes at her in confusion as I shook my head, “No, nobody was there but me and Jacob, Why?” I asked and watched as her smile got even bigger if that was possible.

“I know he wasn’t there,” Lauren said and I gave her a ‘what the heck’ look, “Then why did you even ask?” I said looking at my friend like she had lost her mind before getting up and walking over to my dresser to get some under clothes.

I heard Lauren shuffle on my bed some before she spoke again, “I just wanted a build up for what I’m about to tell you,” she started and I quickly shot back, “Which is...?”  

I could hear the satisfaction in Lauren’s voice as she continued, “I wasn’t at home last night either and do you want to know why?” she said before waiting for my reply.  

I twisted around to face her for a second, a wary expression slipping onto my face, “What did you do Lauren?” I asked accusingly, knowing how my crazy best friend can be. 

Lauren stood up quickly and started walking around my room as she began explain, “Well, after you left, I’ll admit, I was a little down about what happened with Derek and I and I’ll even admit that I sat there looking lonely and pathetic eating ice cream until a thought came to mind,” she said and I crossed my arms under my chest, “Which I can already see was something I really don’t want to know about,” I said while shaking my head. 

Lauren stopped walking around my room and turned to me a mischievous grin slipping onto her face, “No you’ll like this, so I found out that Derek was on the strip at one of the  clubs and decided I wanted to go too, don’t ask me how I found out. Anyway, I didn’t go to see him just to blow off some steam and drink a bit,” she said and I could see right through her instantly, “Right...” I said to her as I walked back over to my bed, throwing my underclothes onto it in the process.

“What, I did! Anyway, I went to the club, looking very hot I might add and decided I was going to let loose by getting a few drinks then going to dance for a bit. So I went and found a few guys to dance with me and for some reason Derek comes out of no where and starts pulling me off the dance floor and outside of the club,” she says her grin turning into a smile that she was trying to suppress but was failing miserably.

I just shook my head again, “I’m sure you didn’t know he was watching you,” I said sarcastically which made her rush back over to sit next to me again. 

“Okay, I did actually. I made sure I was right in his line of vision the whole time I was dance with other guys. And I have to say I succeeded victoriously as I got exactly what I wanted at the end of the night...” she said vaguely making me even more curious now. 

“What did you succeed at getting?” I said knowing she couldn’t wait to tell me. 

“Well of course I made him jealous, which is why I went to the club obviously. But what happened when he pulled me out of the club was completely unexpected and amazing...” she said before giving a dramatic pause which had me shaking her vigorously.

“Would you just spit it out already, I want to know,” I demanded making her laugh before continuing. 

“As soon as we got outside he pulled me to the side of the club building and without out even saying anything... he kissed me like full lip lock, tongue to tongue, chest to chest lip lock. It was so possessive and hot and oh my God you just had to be there to actually understand,” she said and I quickly made a face, “Oh I’ll just take your word for it okay?” I said with a smile before getting up again thinking my friends wild story was finally over. 

I went into my closet to pick out some clothes for today, quickly going with a strapless short summer dress and gladiator sandals. Lauren still kept talking from my room as I finished picking out my clothes, “But that’s not the unexpected part Mia, I already knew I’d get him to kiss me before the night was over,” I rolled my eyes at her words, Lauren was always a confident one.

I went to turn to leave my closet when I almost ran into Lauren who had some how managed to come and stand at the doorway of my closet, a excited look on her face, “Mia, Derek asked me to be his girlfriend,” she all but yelled and after the shock left me I immediately gave her a confused look.  

That was very unexpected and weird seeing as Derek did tell her not even two days ago that he didn’t want anything serious. So how did he go from non-commitment to wanting to be exclusive, “He actually said that?” I asked still a little shocked by the news.

Lauren nodded her head before walking into my closet and taking the clothes I had in my hands and hanging them back up then picking something totally different for me to wear. She handed me the new clothes she’d just pick, making me look at her and roll my eyes, before following her back out of my closet, “Well, he didn't actually say girlfriend. It was more like a possessive “Your mine” type of confession, but nonetheless, I know it meant he wanted me as his girlfriend. I know it’s crazy right, but he looked like he meant it, he sounded so serious,” she said then quickly turned around to face me.  

“What do you think, do you think he meant it?” she asked and I looked away for a minute trying to figure out if I should tell her what I was thinking or just nod and say I was happy for her. Trying to buy some time I walked back over to my bed to lay out my clothes.  

I didn’t want to put a damper on Lauren’s mood, God knows I would love for her to be happy with Derek if that’s who she wanted to be with. But there was just something odd about the way Derek asked her to be his girlfriend. It seemed to me he was only asking out of jealousy. Would he even have asked her if it wasn’t for her dancing with those guys in front of him? Was he just wanting her to be his girlfriend because he didn’t want her hooking up with any other guy? These are the things that were going through my head as I tried to figure out what to say to my friend. I didn’t want those things to be true but I was worried about my friend and I didn’t want her to get hurt again either and from what I’ve seen Derek looks like the type that would try to hurt her again.  

Knowing Lauren was waiting I quickly turned around and made a very quick decision to keep my doubts about Derek to myself for now. But I would keep an eye on Derek and her and if I see any signs that Derek is just using my best friend then I would make my suspicions known to Lauren.  

So with a small smile I responded to an expectant Lauren, “I think if you feel like he did then you should go for it, but just know that you should also take it slow with Derek and be cautious I don’t want you getting hurt again. I know you really like Derek so if your happy I’m happy, okay?” I said to her and without warning Lauren launched herself at me pulling me into a huge hug, “Thanks Mia, and I am happy, I really like Derek,” Lauren said before pulling away and giving me a knowing look. 

“What?” I asked warily.

“So enough about my night, you don't want to know what happened later on. Now I want to know everything that happened with yours..” she asked and I instantly gave a deep sigh mixed with a groan as I thought about my night and how messed up and beautiful it was all at the same time.

Well, knowing I would end up telling her everything anyway, I gestured for her to follow me out of my room and into the kitchen for some coffee, “I’ll tell you everything after I get some coffee, last night is a long story and if I know you, you will want to know every long detail..” I said as we sat down at the island.

I wonder what she’ll say about Jacob’s annoying and disturbingly beautiful ex-girlfriend...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 182 56
Mia Johnson was raised almost single-handedly by her mother after being abandoned by her father at the age of six. Embittered mother gives her an adv...
3.3K 253 11
Chase Wilson wants nothing more than to get out of Port Haven. After getting into too much trouble back home, what would be a vacation for most peopl...
151K 2.9K 26
DOES CONTAIN SEXUAL CONTENT WARNING (Read at own risk or don't read it) Mia Jones just graduated high school and were off to college as a freshman. ...
11.6M 516K 74
Mia Collins just wanted to get through her senior year of high school with as minimal awkward situations as possible. However, that's kind of hard to...