Good Evening, Mr President

By leo_dicaprio8

Marianne Waters is a 23 year old woman from Washington, and when she gets invited to a government party at th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Epilogue

3.1K 54 12
By leo_dicaprio8

After I left the White House, I had nowhere to go. I couldn't go back to my mothers house, our relationship wasn't good enough anymore, and I only saw her once after I'd left the white house. However, Clint took me in, even though he was married- he divorced the following January. He waited until I was ready to be in a relationship, which wasn't for some months after jack had died. And eventually, in 1965, I married him, and we had a child in 1967.

Clint was still in the secret service, so still worked at the white house. It was a painful thing, going back there, almost unbearable. When we went to parties there I always had to go to the pool, it was like a magnetic force that drew me to memories of Jack. And I always left in tears, so I stopped going to the parties, I stayed away from the white house.
I still have the pearl necklace he gave me, and his bottle of cologne on my dresser. I also have the Walter Houston record that I gave him. I'd been pushed to get rid of it for years, but I couldn't, It had too much sentimental value.

In 1994, Jackie died. I saw Caroline and John at her funeral, and Caroline recognised me perfectly, the sad thing was, I never got to say goodbye the first time round. John didn't recognise me, but I didn't expect him to- the last time I saw him he was barely three.

It's been a good life, but I've never spoken of jack to anyone except clint, I couldn't. And every year, on November 22nd, at 12.30, I raised a glass to Jack. And If anyone asked why, I just told them I loved the president. And to this day I've never believed the official assassination story, I was sat behind him when it happened. That shot, that fatal bullet wound, did not come from behind.

I'm thankful for that invitation, because I wouldn't be the person I am today without it. I wouldn't have met Jack, I wouldn't have met Jackie, I wouldn't have met Clint. My life is so much better now.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."- John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

Authors note
Thankyou all so much for reading, I honestly can't believe that 2000 of you did and it's just not real. I'd dedicated this chapter to some people but I really don't know how. Thankyou all so much for the support, and motivation, I really needed it. JFK is such and inspiration to me and I will be publishing something on November 22nd, at 12.30 probably, to commemorate his death and to remember him. I'll probably leave a couple of weeks before I write anything else because I only usually have time to either read or write, so I'll take some time to read all of the stories I have queued up. Also, I hope to be a director, and maybe one day if I have enough money on my hands,I can make this into a movie- Who knows? Anyway, thank you all again, and goodbye for now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.4K 1.9K 23
One young 18 year old woman named Jane Smith has to write a letter to a soldier who is deployed. Little does she know that the soldier is coming home...
193K 6.1K 49
Kennedy Davis has is all figured out. By twenty five she'll have graduated from Yale with her degree in political science. By thirty she'll have marr...
98K 3.1K 23
This story is about YOU the reader and Leon S. Kennedy, You are new to the agency but you know your ways around. You are partnered up with Leon to s...
22.4K 710 41
"'You're no good for me.' My voice is trembly as I stumble back through the threshold of the glass door. His comforting hand catches me just as I'm...