Perfect Preparation

By LexForLexxanie

The day before Kaila's eighteenth birthday she fails to get into the club with some of her friends. Her small... More

Chapter 1: Eerie Feeling
Chapter 2: Birthday
Chapter 3: Kidnapped
Chapter 4: Baby
Chapter 5: You're Who
Chapter 6: Rejected
Chapter 7: Learn To Listen
Chapter 8: Rebellious
Chapter 9: Progress
Chapter 10: Bedtime
Chapter 11: Decision
Chapter 12: A New Morning
Chapter 13: Breakfast Mayhem
Chapter 14: Awkward Meeting
Chapter 15: Inner Feelings
Chapter 16: Bonding
Chapter 17: Trip Gone Wrong
Chapter 18: Christmas Surprise
Chapter 19: Slip Up
Chapter 20: Shattered and Broken
Chapter 21:Temper Tantrum
Chapter 22:  Déjà vu
Chapter 23: Early Gift
Chapter 24: Crazy Thoughts
Chapter 25: Call Up
Chapter 26: Road Trip
Chapter 27: Panic Mode
Chapter 28: Backstage
Chapter 29: Quiet On Set
Chapter 30: The Issue At Hand
Chapter 31: Rollercoaster Day
Chapter 32: Mob Madness
Chapter 33: Open Road
Chapter 34: The Talk
Chapter 35: Work Day
Chapter 37: True Friend
Chapter 38: Old Voice
Chapter 39: Worries
Chapter 40: Good News
Chapter 41: Deception
Chapter 42: New Day New Mood
Chapter 43: Sweet Treat
Chapter 44: Little Boutique
Chapter 45: Day On The Town
Chapter 46: Diamond Jewel
Chapter 47: Nina To The Rescue
Chapter 48: Sneaky Ears
Chapter 49: Super Spy
Chapter 50: Home Is Where The Heart Lies
Chapter 51: Family Fun
Chapter 52: Stressful Morning
Chapter 53: Fashion Show
Chapter 54: The Hearing
Chapter 55: Photo Shoot
Chapter 56: Story Time
Chapter 57: Adventure Awaits
Chapter 58: Fairy Dust
Chapter 59: Amusement Park
Chapter 60: Return Of A Fairy
Chapter 61: Until Dusk
Chapter 62: Daddy/Daughter Day
Chapter 63: Interruption
Chapter 64: Shipwreck
Chapter 65: At Your Service
Chapter 66: Trouble In Paradise
Chapter 67: Yearning For Love
Chapter 68: Mole
Chapter 69: Traitor
Chapter 70: Broken Pieces
Chapter 71: A Mother's Bond
Chapter 72: Risky Move
Chapter 73: Blackmail
Chapter 74: Nanny Nina
Chapter 75: Triple Threat
Chapter 76: Under the Willow Tree
Chapter 77: To The Studio
Chapter 78: Reflection
Chapter 79: Exposed
Chapter 80: Confession
Chapter 81: Guardianship
Chapter 82: Girly Gossip
Chapter 83: Surprise Visit
Chapter 84: Crushing
Chapter 85: Cookie Call
Chapter 86: Second Chances
Chapter 87: Double Date
Chapter 88: The Girls Are Back
Chapter 89: The Easy Part
Chapter 90: The Art of Secrecy
Chapter 91: The Cave
Chapter 92: The Dark Past
Chapter 93: Only A Rumor
Chapter 94: Strange Encounter
Chapter 95: Blue Mist
Chapter 96: Zander
Chapter 97: Isolation Unit
Chapter 98: Withdrawal
Chapter 99: White Light
Chapter 100: Under One Moon

Chapter 36: Exposed

13.3K 316 17
By LexForLexxanie

As Mallix finish typing up the statements he sent them over to James via email. Having finished his task and seeing as Kaila was still asleep, Mallix smiled deviously heading towards Lain, who was continuing to work on Kaila's present.

"Babe," he dragged out wiggling his eyebrows as he walked behind her putting his strong arms over hers, "I've finished those papers now, and the baby's still sleeping." He kissed her neck.

But his moment was cut short as he was interrupted by a call. Lain laughed already knowing who could be calling and continued to work on her dress, "seems like someone else needs you more."

But Mallix hung up, "he can wait. Now you said after I finished and if Kaila was still asleep, we could" he paused tilting her head towards him before locking lips.

Their moment was memorable, until yet again Mallix's phone began to go off, and from the corner of his eye he could see Kaila stirring awake from the noise. He quickly silenced it before checking that Kaila was still asleep.

"Babe, would you please just get that. This can wait." Mallix growled annoyed before sighing defeated. He stepped out into the open area of the floor before calling the number back.

M: What do you want twerp?!

J: Why weren't you answering my calls!

M: I'm sorry to break it to you man but I've actually got a life outside of work! Unlike you. Now what's so urgent that you had to keep calling me? Why couldn't this wait?

J: Because man it's something about Kaila.

Mallix's face instantly went cold and white. James voice got deep and Mallix nervously answered back.

M: What are you talking about? What about Kaila?

J: How did you find this girl, Mallix?

M: That's none of your business, now tell me what is going on!

J: Answer my question dude! You guys could be in some serious trouble!

The nervous sweat on Mallix's forehead increased, his heart rate went up, and he could feel his whole body tense up. He knew this wasn't going to be good, and more importantly he knew this wasn't going to be good for his baby girl. Quickly, he ran through a very brief run through of how him and Lain found and got Kaila, and then the line went quiet.

Lain was working away on the dress occasionally peaking over to see her little girl fast asleep peacefully in the swing. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY KNOW?!" She jumped out of her skin hearing her husband yelling in the main quarters. He had shouted with such anger and irritation in his voice, Lain knew it wasn't good whatever was going on.

But before Lain got the chance to run out and see what was the matter, she was preoccupied with a now startled awake crying baby.

She grabbed Kaila out of the swing placing the crying girl on her hip. She had begun to sway and bounce the small girl. "Shh, stop crying now cutie. Mommy's got you, your safe...Please calm down Kaila your ok...your ok." The sweet perfume of the tall woman and her soothing voice helped put Kaila's mind at ease.

Once Kaila was calm, Lain took a seat with her in her lap on Mallix's office chair. Times like this they were grateful to have conjoined offices that they could go between.

Kaila laid across the taller woman's lap, hiding her face deep into her chest finding the most comfort there. Taking deep breathes of Lain's natural scent helped the rest of the way. Moments later a burning red Mallix walked back in.

His eyes were wide open seeing Lain cradling their small girl who still was a little red from crying earlier. He mouthed over to her "sorry" before walking away.

He returned less than a minute later with a pacifier and Mr. Tuffy in hand. "Hey baby, can you look at me for a second." He held the soft material up to Kaila's lips, who happily accepted the object printed with moon and stars over the front of it. "Look who I've got precious." He held the bear out to her and it wasn't long before she began making grabby hands for the bear.

Mallix smiled down at her brightly before passing over the small bear. Kaila immediately pulled it to her face. "Can you do me a favor please baby?" Mallix asked softly.

Curiously Kaila nodded her head. "Can you go outside for a second and play with your toys while I talk to mommy? It'll only be a second sweetie."

She looked up between the two giants feeling left out, but nodded nonetheless. Lain put her down on the floor, and the couple watched holding back in their adoration as the small girl crawled her way out of the room.

As soon as she was out of sight and they could no longer hear her crawling on the hard floor, Mallix looked back at Lain who now had a worried look plastered all over her face. "What was that?!"

He grabbed her shaking hands in his squeezing them to offer some comfort, but mainly to calm his own nerves that were off the chart, "James said someone called the station after we left..." He paused trying to compose himself, but it wasn't working. A tear had slipped his eyes which only worried Lain more.

"What?! Babe just tell me, your scaring me?!" She pleaded with him, her own tears spewing left and right out of her eyes.

He went to say it only to find his voice gone. He cleared his throat closing his eyes and tried again, only to be stopped again. Lain could see him struggling and pulled him into a tight hug. They both rested their heads on one another's shoulders.

Very quietly in her ear Lain could hear Mallix trying to clear his voice again. She closed her eyes trying to stop her waves of fear filled tears from coming out.

"H-he said...someone ca...called reporting Kaila as...as..." he kept breaking down finding himself unable to finish his statement.

"Please t-tell me, w-what i-is it?!" Her voice was trembling as well.

"A-as...a m-miss...m-missing p-person." He managed out in time before he couldn't hold back anymore. Mallix was strong both mentally and physically but the news he was rained down with was slicing through his heart.
———————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

924K 28.4K 103
Finally, it was the first day of Kaila's senior year at Salvia High. Under the right circumstances she would have seen today as exciting. But these w...
465K 17.6K 103
Work. Work. Work. Those were the only words Kaila knew the definition to. Ever since the incident she's done nothing but work. Struggling to pay back...
332K 6.3K 22
In a world a new, sub/dom is the new normal. When you turn 17 you get categorized as a sub/dom. And in these two groups you get put into a category...
32.8K 1K 41
It's the 2300s and the world is run by vampires. This book can be read as a standalone. It takes place after Louisa joins the Marula family (flashbac...