After Work [Rodrigo Duterte x...

By aminoassids

That one sentimental night they shared together is what strengthen their bond, it is what she hold on to, it... More

Prologue
I. His Favorite
Ii. Open Buttons [Mature]
Iii. Blooming
Iv. Protecting his Lady
V. It was Just Sex
Vi. Public Enemies
Vii. Feels so Wrong
Viii. It Never Was
Ix. Unexpected Visitor
X. Looking Forward
Xi. A Date
Xii. Patiently Waiting
Xiii. Who's Back?
Xiv. Let's Give it a Shot
Xv. Cornered in Bed [Mature]
Xvi. Pinky Promise
Xvii. Don't Mess with Her
Xviii. Throw Pillow [Mature]
Xix. Mahalaga Yung Ngayon
Xx. Suit Yourselves
Xxi. A Night of Surprises
Xxii. Welcome to Paris [Mature]
Xxiv. Babae ka Lang [Mature]
Xxv. All About Babies
Xxvi. Under the Night Sky [Mature]
Xxvii. The Mother
Xxviii. Disclosure
Xxix. Not Letting You Go
Xxx. Can I Undo Things?
Xxxi. White Colored Tablet [Mature]
Xxxii. All the Guitars
Xxxiii. Things from his Pocket
Xxxiv. Numb from all the Pain
Xxxv. Save Her at All Cost

Xxiii. Quick Meet Up

576 22 5
By aminoassids

A/N: Sinasadya ko na late magupdate :p hope you vote and enjoy this one!

David Ayala and fiancé, Leni Robredo spends their pre-wedding honeymoon in Paris, France. Digong read on a column on the newspaper he was reading.

His heart bled as he saw the beautiful photos of the couple but a smile grew on his lips to see Leni's smile.

Ayos na rin. Nadadala siya nito sa mga magagandang lugar. Baka kung kami lang rin ni Leni hindi ko rin siya masyadong madala sa mga Paris Paris na ganito. Maybe this is what she deserves. He spoke to himself with a heavy sigh.

He regretted not working harder and not meeting her sooner. He thought that maybe if he met her when he was still younger, he could have made a way to make himself richer so he could give her such luxury life in the future. But since it's already too late to feel bad about what they could have been, he thought maybe it was really David and Leni after all. Maybe they were the ones meant to be, maybe he was the one meant to make her feel like a queen and make her feel the love she deserves to receive.

His heart smiled for Leni. He was happy for her even if her happiness no longer includes him.

He closed the newspaper and took a sip of the green tea he asked Sara to make while he watch after his grandchildren. He started drinking it because it was Leni's favorite. He thought maybe with a cup of tea, he could still feel her around.

After a week, Leni and David flew back to Manila. David resumed his business agendas, he asked her to head over to Cebu and Davao and supervise their business launches and relief programs sponsored by the Ayala Corporation since she has been heading such activities when she was still the vice president and it has somehow became her forte. He also wanted to start exposing her to his world since she is soon to be his wife, Mrs. Ayala, he has to build her up.

Leni's first stop was in Cebu city mainland. One of the most populated and visited placed in Visayas region. She lead the ribbon cutting of their office and building launch and openings in different parts of Cebu. She went to different parts of Visayas as well to attend business conferences, gatherings and breakouts to complete her one week stay.

After Visayas, she flew to Davao to do the same duties. She lead the ceremonial events, launches and openings of their businesses. The only thing that was added to her agenda was the coordination of relief operation assistance to the city governments of Mindanao in case of emergency and calamities.

It was an idea she introduced to David while they were in France that he agreed on including on their business system upon returning to the Philippines. It's been three years since her term as the vice president ended but she still yearns for outreach programs and relief operation supervision.

Digong knocked on the door before entering. It surprised Sara to be visited by her father without any notice. "Unsay gidala nimo dinhi, tay? (Bakit ka napunta dito, tay?)" she gave him a respectful mano in the hand and offered him a seat.

"Nahasol ko. Kumusta ka man dito sa opisina? (Nabored ako. Kamusta ka naman dito sa opisina?)" He replied.

"Ma-stress ako. Gidami mga papeles aron masusi. (Naiistress ako. Ang daming papers na kailangan i-check.)" she vented out and showed him the pile of files on her table. He chuckled hearing her rant to him but he was glad to see his daughter doing things on her own.

Sara suddenly remembered her next person to meet. She began to worry that her father might stay too long and cross paths with her.

Jef knocked on her door, "Day, ania na siya dinhi. (Day, nandito na siya.)" He informed and escorted her next visitor in.

"Kinsa? (Sino?)" Digong asked and turned to the door.

She flashed a bright humble smile, "good afternoon mayor." She greeted and shook her hand. "Good afternoon ma'am Leni." Sara replied, bothered to witness her father and Leni meet once again.

"Good afternoon sir." She greeted respectfully and extended her hand for a shake. He stood steadily for a moment, her presence overwhelmed him, "good afternoon ma'am." He replied.

"Have a seat, have a seat." Inday offered the seat in front of Digong. They had to sit on the seats opposite each other. They avoided each other's eyes throughout the discussion.

"Mauna na ako kung magmeeting kayo." Digong informed, Leni involuntary held his arm and stopped him, "no, sir."

She regretted touching him. She awkwardly loosened her grip on his arm and gulped, "magsa-sign lang naman kami ng agreement and contract para magpadala ng assistance sa city government ng Davao yung," she hesitated for a moment, "Ayala Corporation." She stuttered.

She hated to utter David's last name in front of Digong. She felt so bad about it. He sat back to his seat and joined their conversation.

"Congratulations pala sa engagement niyo ma'am." Sara congratulated, "ah, salamat." Leni smiled faintly, she didn't want to look so happy about it in front of the man she truly wants.

Digong remained silent and bowed his head. "Bakit pala hindi siya nagpunta dito?" She asked. Digong couldn't feel more uneasy hearing them talk about the man Leni chose over him.

"Ah, busy siya sa engagements niya sa Manila. Lilipad rin siya sa Australia next week kaya lahat ng local launching ng Ayala ako yung aattend in his behalf," she shared, "tsaka debut project ko yung relief operations na 'to sa Cebu at Davao kaya gusto ko ako talaga yung magintroduce nito." She passionately explained.

Digong felt her passion in debuting the project. For a minute, he forgot about the awkwardness and entertained himself by seeing how happy she was with what she was doing.

Jef knocked on the door again and called Sara out for an important matter, "excuse me for a while. Tay, entertain mo muna si ma'am Leni." She facetiously requested and left the two behind at her office.

The sound of the air conditioning unit was the only sound they can hear as silence dwelled across the room. They both panicked internally thinking of a topic to bring up to end the awkward silence.

"So,"
"Uhm." They both uttered at the same time.

They chuckled at the coincidence. "Sorry," they uttered again together.

"Gusto mo ba ng tinapay para may manguya ka?" He asked. "Ah hindi na sir. Okay lang." She refused.

Silence entered again.

"Juice? Iced tea?" He offered. "Okay lang sir. Wag na." She refused again. He nodded and thought of another topic to talk about.

Silence ruled in again. Leni noticed his round shaped stomach through his fitted polo shirt from the corner of her eyes. She suddenly lost control and began snickering. He looked at her out of curiosity.

"Bakit?" He smiled asking why she was laughing. She shook her head, "wala sir, ang laki parin kase ng tiyan mo." She chuckled.

His cheeks turned red and stroked his bulging stomach. "Medyo lang ma'am. Masikip kasi itong damit ko." He laughed, "bulging man tuloy 'tong tummy ko." He described making her laugh harder.

He suddenly found himself captivated by her sweet laughters again. He remained silent and waited for her laughter to fade out. "Sorry," she apologized.

"Binubully mo nanaman ang tummy ko." He remarked playfully. "Mag-diet ka na kase sir." She suggested, still suppressing her cackles.

He scoffed, "no need. Baka maraming maghabol na mga chicks if I become muscular. Mahirap na." He jested.

"Mm? Kahit naman bilog yan tiyan mo hinahabol ka pa rin ng mga chicks." She smirked upon recalling how a lot of girls were running after him before.

"Noon man yon nung medyo bata bata pa and they are playful girls. Yung mga gusto yung matipuno mga playful girls." Defended Digong. She raised her eyebrows.

"I like it this way," he shared, "nagustuhan man ako ng matitinong babae kapag ganito ako." He explained and secretly referred to her.

Little things still made their hearts skip beats. Little gestures still gave them butterflies and little words still made them blush.

A small smile grew on her lips, yeah, I loved you that way. She told herself.

Sara went back in to give her final chat with Leni. She accomplished her agenda and signed the contracts.

Leni bid her goodbyes and left the office afterwards.

A/N: And they meet again... ano kayang mangyayari? Matutuloy ang wedding or not?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 744 17
Follow the story about political rivals - Bong Bong Marcos and Leni Robredo as they deal with the aftermath of their unexpected night together. #letl...
1.8K 79 4
They are together. Leni needs to take a hint. Five times Leni doesn't know she's in a relationship with Risa, and the one time she finally puts it to...
3M 79K 38
I was awakened by a buzz, but I don't want to get up, instead I lay still on my bed and about to dream again when I heard a THUD, I flinched at the s...
1.2K 78 8
This is a story about the interior designer and a Senator who ended their relationship few years ago and will have to attend a small gathering forcin...