After Work [Rodrigo Duterte x...

By aminoassids

That one sentimental night they shared together is what strengthen their bond, it is what she hold on to, it... More

Prologue
I. His Favorite
Ii. Open Buttons [Mature]
Iii. Blooming
Iv. Protecting his Lady
V. It was Just Sex
Vi. Public Enemies
Vii. Feels so Wrong
Viii. It Never Was
Ix. Unexpected Visitor
X. Looking Forward
Xi. A Date
Xii. Patiently Waiting
Xiii. Who's Back?
Xiv. Let's Give it a Shot
Xv. Cornered in Bed [Mature]
Xvi. Pinky Promise
Xvii. Don't Mess with Her
Xviii. Throw Pillow [Mature]
Xix. Mahalaga Yung Ngayon
Xx. Suit Yourselves
Xxii. Welcome to Paris [Mature]
Xxiii. Quick Meet Up
Xxiv. Babae ka Lang [Mature]
Xxv. All About Babies
Xxvi. Under the Night Sky [Mature]
Xxvii. The Mother
Xxviii. Disclosure
Xxix. Not Letting You Go
Xxx. Can I Undo Things?
Xxxi. White Colored Tablet [Mature]
Xxxii. All the Guitars
Xxxiii. Things from his Pocket
Xxxiv. Numb from all the Pain
Xxxv. Save Her at All Cost

Xxi. A Night of Surprises

575 26 18
By aminoassids

A/N: Happy 1k reads! Thank you for the support. Please continue voting, commenting and sharing!

The program began, opening speeches and interims went smoothly until the final awarding ceremony. The organizers awarded outstanding businesses, businessmen and personalities in recognition to their efforts in keeping their businesses with hearts for the people.

Various construction firms were awarded for sending assistance and collaborating with the government in building evacuation centers and rebuilding damaged properties. Mall owners were awarded for providing retail access to the people and security to its consumers.

Leni stood at the podium to award the Ayala Corporation.

"Most Outstanding Real Estate and Land Company, Ayala Corporation." She announced. The people applauded.

"Under Ayala Corporation are Ayala Land Incorporated, Alveo Land, Avida Land, Amaia Land, Bellavita, Portico Land Corporation and Roxas Land Corporation." She introduced as David went up the stage in behalf of the Ayala Corporation.

"Mr. David Ayala is here for the award." She followed and clapped along with the audience.

The organizers shook his hand and handed him the award. He stood in front of the microphone stand for his speech.

Digong gave a fee bucks to Silver so he can safely head home. He thanked him for his full assistance in making him look all good. He finally arrived at the venue. He left the bouquet at his car and only brought the Cartier necklace with him. He stood near the fire exit not wanting to get so much attention upon his arrival. His eyes wandered looking for Leni and saw her at the stage in a beautiful red gown.

His heart raced, his eyes glistened, his knees felt weak. He couldn't help but be mesmerized by her beauty. It made him more excited to finally ask her to be his girlfriend. He was slightly nervous of her reaction to his well styled look. He really exerted time and much effort for it, he wanted her to be proud of him and find him worthy and attractive enough to be his boyfriend.

He took a piece of tissue paper and wrote something before putting it inside the jewelry box he carried with him. He exhaled and told himself he has to just wait now for the program to end so he can ask her the most awaited question of their lives.

He was so stunned by his lady's beauty that he didn't even care if David Ayala was speaking on the same stage. The lights were bright that it didn't allow Leni to see Digong. She was focused in listening to David's speech and maintaining her elegance and regal posture.

"Of course, I would like to thank everyone behind this success. My brother Jaime, our partners, the government and of course my very own motivators, Nagaoeños." He continued and finally decided to do a share.

"If you guys didn't know this day is very special to me," he began, the people started to engage and listened to him carefully, "this is the same exact day about eight years ago that I met one of the most wonderful Bicolana I know," he turned to Leni hinting who he was referring to.

The crowd began to applaud and cheer for them. Digong started to feel uncomfortable watching another man profess his feelings to his lady.

"Mar introduced Leni to me." He spilled drawing more cheers from the audience.

"Dave," Leni smiled uncomfortably at him not wanting to be very much of a highlight that evening.

He extended his arm and reached for her hand making her stand beside him. "Aside from recalling that and having this award, I want this day to be extra special not just to me but to everyone here tonight," he teased.

Leni has no idea what he was talking about, she didn't even know she would be a part of his thank you speech. He gazed at Leni and held her hands in front of all the people, all beam and happiness on his face.

He took something out of his pocket and finally kneeled in front of her. "Dave," her heart raced in shock.

The people started to cheer, everyone chorused witnessing such show stopping moment.

He opened the ring box in front of her with a huge smile on his face, "will you marry me?"

Digong's world slowed down as he witnessed the romantic proposal. His chest throbbed in agony.

"Dave," the people couldn't hear her murmurs, she didn't want them to read her mouth and think she would reject him in front of everyone. She wanted to ask him to take it back, withdraw his proposal and hide away but she couldn't afford to humiliate him in front of all the businessmen and crowd.

She leaned towards him for a whisper, "you don't have to do this." She hid behind his head to keep people from reading her mouth.

"Just say yes, Leni. We can talk about it later." He whispered back.

She looked at the crowd with her eyes glistening, she was all pressured by their cheers, everyone was rooting for them. She was rendered speechless for quite a while but everyone was patient for her response.

We'll talk it out later. She told herself.

"Yes." She accepted.

The people applauded them louder. David's smile reached the skies. He placed the ring on her finger and placed a sweet kiss of victory on her lips.

Digong's world crashed as he watched his lady accept the marriage proposal of another man in front of the crowd cheering and rooting for them. All his senses seemed to stop functioning. His grip loosened, his body froze like he could no longer feel anything but the pain of losing the woman he love the most.

He swallowed the lump on his throat, his chest felt heavier than ever. He immediately looked away knowing he cannot handle seeing Leni kiss someone else than him.

"Yes." Her voice echoed in his ears. She said yes in marrying the man he has always been insecure of.

All his confidence and bliss were shattered next to his eyes. He felt ugly, he felt like a trash, he felt like a nobody. He felt like his ten year old self who keeps questioning why his father doesn't seem to love him and why he doesn't feel enough to anyone.

The more that it broke him because he knew how much effort he exerted for Leni yet she still chose someone else over him. The room was so loud yet he couldn't seem to hear anything. He felt lightheaded as if nothing matters to him anymore.

He held the frame of the fire exit door and exhaled all the pain from his chest.

Everyone in the room was so happy for Leni and David. They clapped and rooted for them. Leni forced a smile as he held her close to him pretending that she was liking every bit of what was happening.

Her eyes explored the room, saw the smiles and excitement in everyone's face. She kept her smile on until she saw Digong heading inside the fire exit.

He was facing back, she didn't see his face but she knew he saw the proposal. He was rushing out and she could only imagine how much it devastates him to watch her accept David's proposal.

"Dave, Dave," she took his attention in the midst of the cheers, "I'll be back." She informed and rushed to the fire exit hoping she'll be able to catch him.

The wall was white as the stairs, she sprinted down and peeked into the gaps of the stairs, "Digong!" She called upon seeing him two floors below her.

"Sandali, Digong!" She dashed faster until she finally was in the same level as him.

"Digong," she uttered.

He stopped and slowly turned to her. His eyes was glistened as he concealed all the pain in his chest.

He still managed to pull out a smile, seeing her that close was still enough for him to be happy. She still looked beautiful to him.

"You look beautiful." He complimented with a lifeless voice.

Her heart tingled, "Digong, let me explain." She pleaded.

He bowed down and chuckled faintly, "it's okay ma'am." She could hear the sadness in his cracked voice. She was overwhelmed to see his eyes that melancholic.

He finally had the courage to look back into her eyes again, "nag-wax pa naman ako ng buhok tsaka make upx ma'am," he giggled, "tsaka bago man 'tong coat ko. Branded man yan oh." He faked a smile hoping it would ease the tension between them that moment but she still felt so guilty about everything.

"Akala ko kase makahabol pa ako sa manliligaw mo na panay ang amerikana," the smile slowly fainted off him, "hindi na pala kaya." He just laughed his misfortune away.

Maybe he wasn't just enough to be chosen by Leni over David. He was no good. David was way better than him at all points. Maybe he just expected so much that he thought the love he was able to build with Leni was enough to make her pick him.

"Hindi kase ganon yon. Yung nakita mo kanina, hindi ko alam yon." She choked on her words, she couldn't compose her thoughts well. She wanted to ease the agony off his chest right away but she didn't know how.

Tears began to drench her cheeks. He was already hurting but it hurts him more to see the woman he loves cry in front of him yet, he didn't feel like he still had the right to wrap his arms around her since she was no longer his.

"Ayos lang ma'am." He comforted her with the most charming smile he can do.

Everything overwhelmed her. She didn't want to be careless of her words. The deafening silence ruled over them, they were like naked bodies standing all defenseless and vulnerable next to each other.

"Uhm," he intoned, "I still want you to have this." He handed her the red box he's been dreaming of giving her since morning.

She was swept off her feet, he still had a gift for her despite that she hurt him. She couldn't feel more bad for him.

Finally, he was able to give her something very valuable. He gulped, "sana magustuhan mo parin yan."

"Pinag-ipunan ko yan." He shared. "Bagay yan sa'yo lalo na yan sa suot mo." He followed.

She couldn't control her crying anymore as she held the red box on her hand.

The place turned silent, he sniffles echoed across the white pristine walls.

He took a deep gaze at her for the last time thinking it might be his last chance of seeing her that close. His heart broke into several pieces that he never imagined he would ever feel his whole existence.

"Congratulations." He uttered putting aside all the torment he was enduring inside him.

"Napakaswerte niya kase siya yung pinili nung pinakamamahal ko." He wiped the tear off his eyes.

He painfully sighed and finally left.

Her limbs felt stiff that she can barely feel them. She looked at the red box he gave her and slowly opened it.

A tissue paper tucked inside landed on top of the jewelry.

Will you be my girlfriend, please? :)

Her heart detonated. She sat on the floor as she felt like her knees weakened along with her whole being.

The jewelry box contained the necklace that she wanted the last time they went out on a date. It was very valuable and she knew it's impossible that she would ever have it but he made his way to give it to her.

It meant the world to her. How I wish he was still there so she can tell him he was the one she wanted to be with.

A/N: Paano na kaya sila?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.2K 2.6K 62
Bongbong Marcos,the only son of the wealthiest family in the country accidentally shared a night with a stranger, Atty. Leni Robredo whom he met that...
26.8K 721 11
With the new relationship energy phase of Leni and Risa's relationship fading and the real work beginning, how do they tread the fine line between fi...
5.7K 421 25
In the first of a series of spin-offs to Talk First, Think Later, Pia and Loren, whose relationship status still remains in limbo, find themselves on...
41.3K 1.1K 72
Everything happens for a reason which is always unforeseen and forever will be. Leni Robredo ready to challenge President Rodrigo Duterte as oppositi...