To Protect

By JanieKayne

Harry never knew his Father James Potter had a little sister. That he had other options besides living with t... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117

59

46.9K 1.5K 763
By JanieKayne

At least Eleanor was thankful for one thing, classes were a half an hour shorter than usual due to the arrival of the students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang later on that day.

Most of her students hadn't paid much attention
as they anticipated the await of the new students and or contenders than would be participating in this yearly event. Nevertheless, Eleanor didn't mind the bit more of chit chat around the classroom. It's all everyone had been talking about.

It wasn't until early sundown when it seemed to be more hectic, surprisingly Eleanor was shocked to see how serious some people took this sort of thing.

Such as Professor Mcgonagall, who ordered students left and right to fix their appearance and straighten themselves up before welcoming Hogwarts new guests.

Each year was filled in a line outside of Hogwarts where the castle faced between the forbidden forest and the black lake.

The staff had stood in a line behind the students, in order it was Dumbledore, Mcgonagall, Flitwick, Trelawney, Sprout, Binns, Hooch, Moody, Snape and lastly Adler.

Now all they had to do is wait for the schools to come.

During the wait Eleanor could only eye the person who stood a foot or two away, there she had watched so call 'Alastor Moody' drinking that flask of his before shoving it in his coat.

She frowned, wondering how she was able to get ahold of that thing. She needed proof before going to Dumbledore about it and Snape seemed unreasonable about the whole situation.

She needed a plan.

"You hear that?!" Cried a fifth year, indeed there had been a sort of rumble beyond the trees in the forest.

"It sounds like thunder!" Said third year student

"Sounds like Ron passing gas." Commented Fred Weasley as a roar of laughter targeted an embarrassed gryffindor.

Dumbledore had now called from the back row with the teachers, "No, it is not Weasley's vapors, I believe that the delegation of Beauxbatons is arriving!"

"Where?" Asked many studnets who pushed and shoved eagerly, all looking different directions.

"There!" Called Professor Eleanor Adler who caught everyone's attention with a pointed finger.

It was a carriage flying high in the blue skies over the forest. The large carriage was pulled through the air by none other than winged horses.

A beautiful creature a Pegasus- Hargid had stood steering them for landing which the carriage had done beautifully.

The carriage itself was the size of a two story home. Eleanor had thought the size had been a bit unnecessary until she had saw who was the first to walk out of the carriage.

Madame Maxime had stood around 10 feet and 3 inches tall.

Eleanors jaw had completely dropped.

Dumbledore was the first to greet the woman with applause, "Headmisstress! Welcome to Hogwarts!"

"My," she stated in a very thick accent. "Dumbledore, thank you for having us." She had spoke as tons of female students in their late teens had walked out of the carriage. They stood before the Hogwarts students shivering in their silk wearings due to the weather change. "Has karkaroff arrived?" She asked

Just than and on time, an eruption had accured in the riverbed. A ship had risen up from the surface. Reverse sinking from the forming whirlpool as the boat sailed forward and towards the bank.

For a moment people were starting to think they were about to be robbed by pirates.

All of them had been big and strong built, as they walked from their ship and foward dressing in heavy furs and war like boots that stomped in rythem.

"What are they, Vikings?" Asked Eleanor who leaned into Seveurs, but only to see that he was absent from her side. She looked around her surroundings to see that he has been nowhere to be seen from her view.

She shrugged and turned back to see a man who was leading his studnets up to the castle. He had long hair, sleek and with a pointed goatee that had mostly gray hairs.

"My fellow, how are you?" Spoke the leaders booming Bulgarian voice to Dumbledore.

"Ravishing, thank you Professor Karkaroff and I hope you and your fellow troops are hungry!" He had spoke and soon addressed everyone to the great hall to feast.

Eleanor sat between Severus and Moody, she mainly starred down at Moody's coat during the whole feast. She honestly thought it would be simple to just reach in his pocket and take his flask without him noticing. Only problem is, is that Moody hads eyes in the back of his head. He would need to be in pure distraction to get what she wanted.

Must she wait for the next time her forgets it in his desk...

"Excuse me," Eleanor felt a hand touch the top of her own, she turned to see Karkaroff sending her a smile that held teeth the shade of yellow. He had been reaching over Severus to address her, "A beautiful woman like you must have a name- ms?"

For the sake of being nice she kept a kind smile on her face, "Eleanor Adler." She had took his hand off of her own to shake it, but was caught unexpected when he had ranked her hand forward, bring it to his lips.

"It is indeed a great pleasure, Eleanor." He spoke in his Bulgarian accent. He had a grin on his face as she retrieved her hand back with a smile and thanked him. "You may call me Igor."

Snape looked between the two of them. Sending a deathly glare at the head teacher of Durmstrang.

"I dont want you talking to him, don't be near him." Severus walked with Eleanor towards their chambers after the feast.

"What?" She asked in confusion

"Igor Karkaroff." Snape spoke walking behind her.

Eleanor sighed, "All he did was introduce himself, why are you so freaked out?"

"I dont know, very typical for someone to see the range of Hogwarts staff and fancy you instantly-" Severus was cut of by Eleanor as she put a hand up.

"Severus please stop, there is more important things to be worried about than your jealousy issues." Eleanor stated as she looked up to see his jaw twitch to the side a bit. "Now, I have to figure out a way to get that damn flask from Moody and-"

Eleanor froze as Severus reached into his pocket to pull out Alastors flask.

"Where? How?" She said almost speechless.

Snape had a smirk spread across his face, "I took it when we were outside the castle greeting our new friends. You said you needed him distracted and by the time Madame Maxime had walked out of her carriage, I knew it was enough to distract everyone, including you and of course Alastor Moody- if that's what he calls himself now." Snape popped opened the flask to give it a sniff.

Eleanor awaited the answer, she was right. She couldn't wait to see the look on his face when he would find out. She wondered who Moody was, had it been someone she knew or someone else that wasn't supposed to be here. Where was the real Moody? Who had talked to her on that first feast?

"Its fire whiskey." Snape muttered as he handed her the bottle.

Eleanor froze shaking her head. It couldn't be. She took the flask away from him to double check and indeed that strong smell of liquor occured than the fumes of Polyjuice potion.

"You know, it's a common mistake to get potions mixed up. Maybe you have had that smell in your system when you found it first." Snape tried to justify her reasoning of thinking it had been Polyjuice potion. He really did feel bad for her and he believed her for a moment that she was right.

"No!" She exclaimed, "No! He must have switched flasks! This- This isn't it! He's not the real Moody!" Eleanor stood there feeling like she was framed. She was right and she knew she was.

Severus just stood there, his heart was telling him that there was no reason not to believe Eleanor. She was smart, he would say more clever than himself at times. She gave him no reason to not trust her when she said that she did in fact smell Polyjuice potion the first time, but there was no proof of that.

"I'm really sorry." Snape had said to her but instead of responding Eleanor handed him the flask back and went into her chamber. Locking herself in and doing the only thing she could think of and it started with piece of parchment and a quill, beginning to address her issue with Sirius Black.

Maybe he will do something about this.

AN: hehe hello! I just wanted to pop in and tell u ily. K. Bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 611 53
James Potter's younger sister joins him at Hogwarts becoming a part of the Marauder mayhem. War is on the horizon, but there are more pressing matter...
120K 3.4K 29
in which james had a son and sirius had a daughter. sounds like fate, right? β­’ ( β„Žπ‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘Ÿπ‘¦ π‘π‘œπ‘‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘₯ π‘œπ‘ )
105K 4.1K 39
[Book 1] ❝ π“π‘πž 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐨 𝐒𝐬 𝐭𝐞π₯π₯𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐭. ❞ Serena grew up well sheltered in a Muggle suburb with her mother...
236K 5.8K 39
Y/N Pettigrew is abused by her parents, and all she wants is to be friends with her brother's friends. However, the Marauders seem a little too self...