Steven Universe Half Gem Read...

By Sithmaul

(Y/N) had to move to Beach City when their parents were having a rough patch, so they sent (Y/N) to their Unc... More

Prologue: The War, then the Peace
Chapter 1: The Star Child
Chapter 2: The Conflict
Chapter 3: Truth and Rejection
Chapter 4: The Cluster
Chapter 5: The Storm Before the Calm
Chapter 6: I Just Need Some Space
Chapter 7: The Ride of Your Life
Chapter 8: The Start
Chapter 9: The Pieces
Chapter 10: The Void Emerges
Chapter 11: I Am Nothing
Chapter 12: News From Earth
Chapter 13: Steven's Trial
Chapter 14: Finally Home
Chapter 15: Returning Of Old Friends
Chapter 16: Reunited At Last
Chapter 17: Back To Homeworld
Chapter 18: A Big Problem
Chapter 19: Official Diamond
Chapter 20: An Old New Friend
Chapter 22: The Summons
Chapter 23: The Confrontation
Chapter 24: Father Bonding
Chapter 25: A Splitting Personality
Chapter 26: The Result
Chapter 27: Releasing the Void
Chapter 28: A Heavy Atmosphere
Chapter 29: Not Quite Human
Chapter 30: Den Of Sin
Chapter 31: Thicker Than Water
Chapter 32: Violent Craving
Chapter 33: Biting the hand that feeds
Chapter 34: The Sensitive subject
Chapter 35: Battle of skill
Chapter 36: Proud of what I have
Chapter 37: Time is of the Essence
Chapter 38: Lifted Weights
Chapter 39: Seeds of Sin
Chapter 40: Center Stage

Chapter 21: The Return

3.2K 77 18
By Sithmaul

          ~~~ Pearl's POV ~~~

     As we watched (Y/N) rush into the temple, I turned to the rest of the group.

Pearl: "There might be something wrong with (Y/N). They said they were alone for years in that place. In solitude, the human mind slowly deteriorates. The length of time a person can stay alone and be sane does very depending on the individual and environment but it can't be more than a year for sure. If they were alone for months to years at a time, then it is a miracle that they are talking and walking around."

Steven: "Really?"

Pearl: "These studies were conducted fairly recently. And the first designs of the human zoo did cause the humans to show similar behaviors to the study descriptions."

     We all looked up at the temple doors.

          ~~~ (Y/N)'s POV ~~~

     After having a large meal, I opened the doors to the Temple and started to walk to my Aunt's house. The gems saw me walk by.

Pearl: "(Y/N)? Where are you going?"

(Y/N): "To my Aunt's, she's probably worried sick. See you guys in a bit."

     I made it to my Aunt's house and knocked on the door. (A/N) opened the door and sighed in relief when she saw me.

(A/N): "I am glad you're safe. How was the, adventure?"

(Y/N): "It was, a lot. Very intense. But, it is done, mostly."

(A/N): "Mostly?"

(Y/N): "Yes well. Something happened that did leave a bit of a lasting effect, but it is fading, slowly but surely."

(A/N): "What is it?"

(Y/N): "Well. Something happened that you probably would not have approved of, of course mom and dad would also be worried if they found out about what happened."

(A/N): "What, happened?"

(Y/N): "Well. There was a gem, who didn't like Steven, Pearl, Amethyst, Garnet, and I. And, well, I fought her, took her weapon, and defeated her with it, but then I got myself a bit with it too."

(A/N): "You cut yourself!?"

(Y/N): "No, not cut, this was a light weapon, the blade was literally made of some sort of light used to destabilize and reset gems. Memories, abilities, everything set back to zero. Now, as a half human, I was immune to the memory wipe portion of the weapon, but, ever since I got myself, my abilities have been very, unstable."

(A/N): "Unstable how?"

(Y/N): "Well to explain that, I would first have to talk about my abilities. And it would make things easier to also show you my abilities, but unfortunately that will not be an option."

(A/N): "Well, in this world of impossibilities, then I guess it best to get everything out int he open. I will adjust. You are you, and that is all that matters."

(Y/N): "Well okay then. I will start with the basics. Then the more complicated stuff."

     I first explained my weapons, then the abilities I got thanks to the gems, then I went into my aura, and my expanse of abilities.

(A/N): "Well, this is, a lot. So, you are having difficulties? Do you think your abilities are gone?"

(Y/N): "I thought that at first, but they are definitely coming back, just slowly. I am just glad I am not stuck in that void anymore."

     As my Aunt was about to ask a question, the phone rang in the other room. She got up and answered it.

     I sat on the couch as I waited, deciding to close my eye and meditated. I started to get uncomfortable with my eye closed, the darkness reminding me of the void I was stuck in. I continued to meditate with my eye open, until (A/N) entered the room again.

(A/N): "That was (M/N), you will be moving back home today. Your mother will be here at about five."

(Y/N): "Oh, well, I guess that is to be expected. Moving here wasn't supposed to be a permanent thing after all. I just kind of forgot about it after all that has happened."

     We sat in silence for a bit before I stood up.

(Y/N): "I am going to go tell the other gems that I will be moving away."

     My Aunt nodded as I walked out of the house and made my way to the temple to tell everyone. I entered the temple to see the gems talking by the couch, with Steven sitting on his bed playing games.

(Y/N): "Hello guys. I got some news."

     Steven paused his game as everyone turned to me.

(Y/N): "I am moving back home today."

     Everyone was silent.

Pearl: "Are you sure?"

(Y/N): "Yes, I am sure. My mother called. She will be here in about, four hours."

Pearl: "Well, if you ever need to talk or if something comes up you can always just hop over here."

     I rubbed the back of my neck.

(Y/N): "Yeah, sure. Totally."

Steven: "(Y/N). Is that something you can't do anymore?"

(Y/N): "No, no it's not that. I can still do that, I think, I just, don't like doing it. Not right now."

     Garnet and Pearl slightly nodded.

Amethyst: "Why not, dude? It's, like, super cool."

(Y/N): "Yeah. That's what it is. Cool. Well, I just feel uneasy after what happened."

     Pearl looked as though she noticed something as she squinted and looked at me a little bit.

Pearl: "Um. (Y/N). Is something wrong with your eye? You, uh, you haven't blinked ever since you entered this house."

Steven: "Thaaaaaat's what was unsettling me!"

(Y/N): "I just don't see the use in it. I don't really need to."

Pearl: "(Y/N), can you, close your eye for a second."

(Y/N): "Uh sure."

     I closed my eye, for exactly one second.

(Y/N): "There. One second, that good enough?"

Amethyst: "Somehow, that was even more unsettling."

Pearl: "(Y/N), you know what I meant. What's wrong?"

(Y/N): "It's nothing."

     As we were talking, Garnet had gone around the house closing all blinds and curtains, and then proceeded to flip the light switch, causing the house to go pitch black.

(Y/N): "NOT AGAIN!"

     I shouted as I frantically ran to the light switch and flipped it, my eye wider then ever. I straightened up, relaxed a bit, and we all stood in an awkward silence, the room once again filled with light.

Amethyst: "That was.... intense."

Pearl: "Now (Y/N), would you like to explain that?"

    I stayed silent as I shook my head.

Pearl: "I see."

Garnet: "(Y/N), you know that we are here for you right? We aren't here to judge, and we want to help you. If you need to talk, we are here."

(Y/N): "There's nothing to talk about. Goodbye, for now."

     I walked out of the temple, and went back to (A/N)'s house. I went to my room and saw my luggage I never really unpacked. I guess I was all ready to leave.

         ~~~ TIMESKIP ~~~

    I was in front of (A/N)'s house, waiting for my Mother to pick me up. Her car had just rounded the corner and pulled up. (M/N) rolled down the window of the passenger's side.

(M/N): "Hello (Y/N), it's so glad to.... (Y/N), what happened to your eypatch? Is everything okay?"

(Y/N): "Oh, right, I forgot about that. A lot of stuff happened. I don't mind it anymore."

(M/N): "Oh, well if you insist. Come on, hop in the car, and let's go home."

     I got in, and we started heading back home. Bar Harbor, Maine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.9K 1.4K 41
|Steven x Male reader| This story follows Y/n, a young boy. His mother had given up her physical form to give birth to him, which left him alone with...
8.2K 288 24
(I do not own any rights to Steven universe, all credit goes to Rebecca Sugar and Cartoon Network) (This story is much more slice of life in nature...
114K 2.6K 15
( This story follows the movie plot, so if you didn't watch don't read it. !!Spoiler alert!! ) 2 years later, everything was perfect. Steven has gott...
47.5K 380 10
Steven's hometown has become fun and peaceful ever since the events at Homeworld with White Diamond. But time has passed surprisingly quick, going by...