A Guild of Moonlit Shadows (A...

Από _Sibylline_

This is the second book in the Assassins at Dusk series by _Sibyline_, read Assassins at Dusk before reading... Περισσότερα

Prologue
~1~We both have Questions and Answers
~2~Blondie?
~3~The Old Republic and Saying Goodbye
~4~Monsters take a Form
~6~My Destiny is Mine alone to Make
~7~Standing Strong
Memes :)
~8~ What is its True Purpose?
~9~Your Life was always Mine.
~10~ Our Salvation or Damnation?
~11~There You Are...
AAD/GOMLS Memes & playlists cuz I promised to do them a while ago.
~12~Beyond Just You and Me
~13~Loyalty Unwavering
~14~Memories Woefully Untouched
~15~ Unfinished Business
~16~Kynareth is Growing Impatient.
~17~Murderers, Scoundrels, and Stubborn Feelings.
~18~ A New Hunt and Growing Plots
~19~ The Three Firenze Sisters
A Call for Home (Oneshot)
~20~Used and Abused
~21~Your Sister Needs You, Cynna
~22~Darker Minds are Easier to get Lost in
~23~ Let the Courtial Battle Begin
~24~ A Vicious Beast, Your Highness
~25~ Vanished Into Thin Air
~26~Cries Lost in the Wind
Act 2
memes & aesthetics cuz I feel bad
~1~Pinned Down and Manipulated
~2~ Losing Hope is for the Weak-Hearted
Other AAD series!
~3~The Old Kingdoms (+Q/A)
~4~Not a Kidnapping, but an Opportunity
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MY AUTHORS.
~5~Lies, Questions, and Confusing Truths
I know im late a few days late, get off my ass
~6~Forgotten Bonds
I have an announcement!
7~Time to be Wicked, Youngling
~8~ Something in Common
~9~Our Family is Torn Again
Want to Become a Character? Here is your chance!
~10~ I was a Faceless Soldier
Our Homelands (100k Oneshot) PART 1
~11~ He Ran Away From Me
Our Homelands PART 2
~12~ One Hour
~13~ Allesandro's Secret
The Unlocked Review that I forgot to post... whoops.
~14~ A Traitorous Deal
~15~ The Gods Love their Pranks, Don't They?
~16~ The Smell of Metal and Incense
~17~ A Loose Tongue
~18~Taking the Lead
~19~ Bloody Fingerprints (+Sims Photos!)
~20~ Our Saviours
~21~ Time to Come Clean
You're Telling Yourself Lies, Mr. Ignis. (Oneshot)
~22~ Always in Chains
~23~ The Forgotten Assassin
~24~ Choices, Choices, Fitzroy
~25~ Bargaining chips and Casino chips
~26~ Not the Smoothest Exit
~27~ Voices in my Head
~28~ Six Artifacts, Three Portals, and One Assassin.
~29~ Water, Birds, Smoke, and Memories
~30~ Kynareth's Wrath
~31~ Summoner of Storms
~32~ If Not Blur, then Who?
~33~ The Veiled Spy
~34~ A Pre-Wedding Scuffle
~35~ An Uninvited Guest
~36~ A Muddled Family Secret
Vote here folks
~37~ Movement
~38~ Violence
~39~ Consequences
~40~ Delusions
~41~ Watching
~42~ Abandoned
The Next Book in the Series...

~5~The True Monster

2.2K 55 50
Από _Sibylline_

Sophie turned slowly on her heel, meeting Fintan's blue eyes. His once handsome features are were now gaunt; he had scars running over and through his pale skin, his face looking almost always snarling. Though Sophie and Fintan have had skirmishes every once and a while, they never actually talked face to face.

Fintan stepped back a bit, looking Sophie up and down.

"Grew into those curves of yours, finally?" Fintan drawled. Sophie swallowed, not appreciating this type of attention.

"So, what are you doing sniffing around my affairs? Trying to find a scrap of paper to help your stupid assassins have a chance against our army? I don't think anything on the planet is going to be able to help you." Fintan chuckled. Sophie itched to slide her hidden blades out of her gauntlets and stab them through his throat, but these types of interactions are about careful stepping, truths and lies.

"What can I say? The elves aren't going to allow us to help them; it doesn't mean we won't help." Sophie shrugged. As good as any papers could be, an enemy's mind holds all the better secrets.

"And what were you hoping to find?" Fintan asked, looking her up and down again. Sophie had no idea where Fintan hoped this conversation would go, but maybe she could use it to her advantage.

"I don't know; you guys never cease to surprise me," Sophie whispered, stepping closer, one elegant step at a time.

"Maybe we could help each other?" Fintan suggested. Sophie bit back her retching, turning green at any thought of a romantic action with him. But she just showed her smirk, and she gave a dramatic sigh. She placed a hand on his chest, pushing him back step by step.

"Maybe," Sophie whispered. She drew a finger and down his chest.

"Why are the Neverseen invading Eternalia?" Sophie asked slyly. Fintan watched her finger.

"We came to this village to find the last of the Millenium power cores; we are taking over Enternalia to get to Foxfire," Fintan admitted. Sophie leaned forward, looking over his scarred face.

"Why? What does a silly little school have to do with your plans to infuse people and Mirthless?" Sophie asked, puckering out her lip.

"The Council is typical; we knew they would round up all of their important little elves in one easy to target area."

"So you are there for the civilians? To kill them?" Sophie breathed.

"To hold them, hostage," Fintan answered. Sophie's blood turned to ice, and even though she was caressing Fintan as if he was a lover, Sophie just wanted to ram his face into a table and scream at him. But this way, he seemed to be a lot more loose-lipped.

"To hold them hostage from the council?" Sophie asked, slithering her hands up his chest and over his shoulders.

"We need something from the council. A special cord, needed for the Mirthless infusing machine." Fintan answered, placing his hands on Sophie's hips. Sophie nearly cut his hands off, but she kept her face soft.

"So, this is all just for a special little cord?" Sophie leaned closer to Fintan, "I thought you were smarter than that." Sophie whispered.

"It is the last we thing we need for these devices. Vespera has some grand plan; she won't tell anyone. Gisela is going to be there to siege the cord itself. The cord is hidden in Foxfire, but we need a councilor to reach it." Fintan breathed, as if restraining himself. That was it; that is what Sophie needed.

She was done with this.

"You know, I would've thought," Sophie whispered, her arms still draped over Fintan's shoulders, "That Vespera would've taught her boy toy better."

"What do you mean?" Fintan asked, his hands on her hips. Sophie's lips were only a breath away from his when she smirked.

"I thought she would have taught you to keep your neck away from an assassin at all times." Sophie chuckled. Sophie acted before Fintan could do anything, her hands on his chin and the back of his head. Sophie whipped her wrists as fast as lightning, snapping Fintan's neck in a swift movement. Fintan's body dropped, his hands finally removed from her hips. Sophie grabbed his limp body, dropping him carefully, so his body didn't make a loud thump to alarm anybody. 

Sophie glared at Fintan, finally dead by her hands, thinking about all the trauma he put her and her friends through. It was Fintan who was throwing fire during the Fall of Inalia. It was Fintan that corrupted Brant all those years ago.

Sophie casually nudged Fintan's body underneath the bed, resisting the urge to maul him.

One of the leaders of the Neverseen is dead. Killed by the Queen of the Assassins.

Sophie stopped dead, hearing the beating of wings.

Dunmer wings. Sophie whipped her head to the window, spying an armorless Elrond lounging in the window sill, smirking at Sophie. It was the first time Sophie had seen the man without his armor. His hair was white as snow, his skin almost as pale as his hair. his ears were high points, his brow stern. His eyes were as pale as the very sky Sophie and Ricin flew in, which contrasted the charcoal feathered wings on his back

(K, you guys? This is an art piece by Charlie Bowater. He is my favorite artist, FAVORITE, and he really deserves more attention. If any of you read Throne of Glass or A Court of Thorns and Roses, he did almost all the official artwork for both series. And if you haven't read those series? What is wrong with you? Anyway, trust me when I say this, you should go check out his artwork.)

Sophie's mind sputtered, her vision flickering red with anger. Her father, her very heart and soul from when she was a child, was taken by this... beast. 

The Mirthless weren't the true monsters. It was the man standing in front of her.

"Well, well, well, the little brown-eyed brat." Elrond chuckled. Sophie's left hand pulled the small levers on her right-handed gauntlet, feeling the blade option slide away, turning into the barrel of a gun in her gauntlet. Sophie lined her shot up for Elrond's head, her gauntlet growing warm with her oncoming shot. Elrond chuckled and waved his hand, a blue shield forming right as Sophie's bullet was about to pierce his skull.

"And they think Psonipath is an Elvin and Vatarian ability. It is so common amongst the Dunmer." Elrond laughed. Sophie snarled, pulling a throwing knife out from the band around her thigh, but Elrond waved his hand once again, and he was gone. Sophie gasped, darting her head around for him.

"Coward!" Sophie snarled as she glared around the room.

"Well, you killed Fintan, bravo by the way, but I think Vespera would love to know that the Queen of the Assassins found out some of our plans." Elrond chuckled.

"We have Vespera! She sits in our chains!" Sophie called out in the darkness.

"That may be true. But for how long?"

Sophie turned pale.

"And, honestly," The window to the room flew open, revealing to the sunrise to a panicking Sophie.

"I think the witch is the last of your worries." Elrond laughed, waving around Sophie's throwing knife in his fingers.

"Dawn," Sophie whimpered. The Neverseen are attacking Enternalia now, gods, they were outside the borders now.

"NO!" Sophie screamed, but Elrond suddenly swarmed out from the darkness, his wings swooping him into the air above Sophie. He tackled Sophie, pushing her to the ground. Sophie growled, Elrond pushing all of his weight on her to restrain her. Sophie squirmed in his hold, but his grip was immovable. Sophie tore through her moral layers, pulling out every shred of her Pancras form. Her hair turned a snowy blond, almost looking white. Her nails grew into claws, ripping into the wooden floor as Elrond continued to restraining her. Her eyes turned bright gold, as bright as smoldering fire, her mouth opening to growl as her canines turned into fangs.

 (Don't ask my her makeup is still perfectly intact. It's water proof ish. IDK it's my story and her makeup is still on fite me)

Elrond cursed at the sight of Sophie, who reached up behind her and pulled him off her with sheer Pancras strength. She threw Elrond into the desk, roaring as she did.

"ELROND! SIR-" Sophie glared at the lock of the door, using her telepathy to slide the lock into place. With a whip of her hand, she froze the lock, and the door handle solid. The Neverseen guards outside tried to break down the door, roaring for Elrond to respond to them. Elrond paid them no attention, panting and glaring at Sophie. Sophie turned her attention back to him. Her father flashed before her eyes, his kindness and laugh, the one who was always there for her.

And the man standing before her, the gods damned bastard, took him from Sophie.

Elrond pounced, surprisingly dropping Sophie's knife from his hand, as he reached for her neck. Sophie pivoted, her Pancras form practically slowing time for her as she analyzed him. She brought her knee to his chest, flinging him back. He snarled, his wings unfurling from his back, wiping the blood from his mouth. Sophie cursed as he moved too fast for even her Pancras form to comprehend. He grabbed Sophie's neck, picking her up and throwing her into the bedside tables and wall, the poor wooden furniture crushing under her. She roared, her Pancras form making the shattered wood feel like pins and needles. Sophie shook off the pain, her eyes practically burning bright golden fire. Elrond met her eyes, but just for a moment, he hesitated, glancing out the window, and Sophie realized just what he was doing.

He was stalling her.

So she wouldn't join the fight at Eternalia. Elrond pounced again, but Sophie brought her legs up, sparking her feet with lightning, and pushing him back, a cry roaring from her lips. Elrond flew back, landing on the floor with a smack. The door burst open, Neverseen rampaging through the door. Sophie picked herself up and vaulted out the now open window.

"STOP HER!" Elrond roared. Sophie jumped off the lip of the roof, plummeting toward the ground from the second story. Ricin shifted into view, flying as fast as the wind as he swooped up Sophie, roaring at Elrond. Sophie shifted back into her everyday form, gasping at the pain in her body now that her Pancras form didn't snuff her sense of pain. Sophie glanced behind her as she situated herself on Ricin's back, and turned pale.

Elrond was only a couple of feet behind them, his feathered wings furiously flapping.

"GO! GO, GO, GO!" Sophie screamed, holding onto Ricin's scales. Ricin pushed himself faster, the land turning into a blur around them as they sped up. Elrond cursed, struggling to keep up with the dragon.

"Ricin!? COME ON-" Sophie panicked. Ricin growled, flapping his wings as fast as possible. The wind ripped at Sophie, her armor waving wildly around her, her blood-red cape slightly tugging them back. Sophie desperately reached for her assassin clasp on her shoulder. She pulled it open, and her cloak flung off from her shoulders, flinging right into Elrond's face, stopping him in his tracks. Sophie leaned in closer to Ricin as he roared, his speed going faster and faster.

All the citizens of that tiny little village heard the whistling of the dragon's speed and the deafening boom as he broke the sound barrier.

Sarai and Ruy stood before the King, the entire court open-mouthed and appalled at what they were asking.

"Dorian, I beg of you-"

"Sarai, I love you more than the gods themselves, but you ask too much of me!"

"Father." Ruy snapped. Everyone went quiet, Ruy's hands balled into fists, his glare steely. Ruy spoke that one word, not using it sarcastically or annoyingly. The court gossipers went quiet; the Prince's looked at their father with wide eyes.

"If not for your wife. Than for me. All my life, the only parent I had was an emotionless woman who didn't see her son but a weapon. I escaped on my own accord with my skill and found a family that loves and supports me. You know that I don't see this, you, as my family, as much as you don't like that. But I am coming to you now as a son." Ruy stepped forward, looking at the King with his walls crumbling and his eyes bright with emotion.

"Please. You know what it is like to have family torn away from you. I can't have them taken from me too." Ruy whispered. The King swallowed, his entire court glancing between the young Prince and King. Staring one another down, Ruy, for the first time, honestly looked like a prince. His shoulders were broad, his chin up as he addressed the King not as royalty, but as a father. But to everyone standing in that court, he was apart of the royal family like no other. But to the trained eye it was obvious, his eyes were bright as day, clear with his worry and terror at the thought of his family being torn apart. The King still looked stern, but he swallowed. Sarai walked up to her stepson, placing a delicate hand on his shoulder.

"Dorian, please." Queen Sarai begged.

"Doreah," The King asked. The red-headed captain of the guard stepped forward.

"Yes, your highness?" Doreah responded.

"How many men do we have?" The King asked, his eyes not breaking from Ruy's.

"Around 5000 that can be spared, sire," Doreah replied, not breaking a sweat.

"Father, though I do agree that the loss of life will be monstrous, we can't intervene in a battle that is not ours," Kalem responded. The King sat back, his hand on his chin.

"But, dad, so many people will get hurt! They're kids in that Foxfire school." The youngest Prince, Cato, countered. Ruy looked thankfully at his half brother for standing up for his cause.

"Attention!" The King called out, his voice echoing through the hall. All the attendants of the King's court stood on their feet, all of them quietly murmuring amongst themselves.

"All those against for sending reinforcements," The King decided. Sarai's hand tightened around Ruy's shoulder as almost two-thirds of the court raised their hands.

Too many.

A muscle in the King's jaw flickered, overlooking the raised hands.

"All those for sending reinforcements." The King announced. The rest of the court confidently raised their hands, all of them standing with The Lost Prince.

But it still wasn't enough.

Prince Cato looked devastated at the dwindling numbers, his wings drooping behind him. His hand tightened around the arm of his throne, and he pushed himself up from the seat. Ruy watched open-mouthed as his half brother walked down the stairs from the elevated throne platform, and stood right next to him.

"I stand with them," Prince Cato announced. Ruy was amazed. Prince Cato was only 15, maybe even 14, and he was making mature decisions in court affection the good of the future. Ruy gave his brother a nod, barely noticeable, before meeting the King's eyes again. Prince Kalem looked scandalized and slightly miffed, but the King's emotions were nothing but conflicted. Slowly, at the sight of another Prince, the hands started to be raised in the argument for sending reinforcements. The King watched as hands continued to be put up, and he sighed.

"Understood." The King muttered. He stood up, and everyone snapped to attention.

"I will send your reinforcements, son, under one condition." the King decided. Ruy stepped forward, nodding.

"Anything," Ruy whispered.

"You are not to be fighting in the battle of Eternalia." The King announced. The court gasped, and Ruy was about to start yelling, but Sarai desperately grabbed him back.

"You can't be serious!" Ruy growled.

"I'm not going to have my eldest son slaughtered in some battle when he isn't prepared! These are my terms; you either take them or not." The King demanded.

"I have been training since I was a child! I am more than prepared-"

"But not as prepared as you could be!" The King snapped. Everyone was silent as the two stared each other down.

"You have barely shown any difference in your training! Ruy, you are not getting your reinforcements and going into the battle. It is your choice." The King finished.

"Why you-"

"We are going to talk outside; we will be back in a moment's notice." Queen Sarai butted in, grabbed her stepson and youngest son, dragging them towards the hallway outside of the throne room. Sarai closed the door with her hip and turned to Ruy.

"You have to," Queen Sarai whispered.

"No, I'm going, this is my battle. I am trying to be a part of all of... this, but I'm going to put my guild first!" Ruy countered. Queen Sarai took his hands in hers, squeezing them slightly.

"I think about what would be best for your family. Though you may not be fighting, you will have almost 5000 men sent to them." Queen Sarai whispered.

"But-"

"I will tell them the ultimatum you were given. They will understand why you were forced to stay behind." Queen Sarai promised. Ruy looked at his half brother, who glanced between his mother and brother nervously.

"What do you think?" Ruy asked. Cato looked surprised.

"Wha- me?" Cato asked. Ruy nodded, straightening his back.

"You are the reason we have a chance at getting these reinforcements; you should have a voice in this. Do you think I should stay behind?" Ruy asked. Cato pressed his eyebrows down in thought, and his mother looked at him kindly.

"Say what is on your mind, Cato, we won't pounce on you like the court normally does," Sarai promised.

"I think you should stay behind," Cato admitted, turning to Ruy. Ruy swallowed, not thrilled about it.

"Don't you think Miss Amalia will need all the help she can get? Plus," Cato leaned forward, "If Father is focusing on the armies, it might be easier for you to slip out if you need to." Cato whispered.

"What?" Ruy chuckled, leaning forward.

"Don't leave immediately, but if your guild needs your help, you might be able to slip out during the chaos. I can help you; I do it all the time," Cato reasoned. Ruy's face grew into a smile, but Sarai looked at her youngest son with a cocked eyebrow.

"You sneak out? Why is it that I just hear of this?" Queen Sarai threated. Cato panicked, but Ruy gave the young boy a noogie on the head, his smile wide.

"You are a genius." Ruy laughed. Cato smiled at his brother, and the two looked to Queen Sarai, who just sighed.

"Though I don't appreciate breaking the rules or sneaking out," She looked at both of her sons pointedly, "But I agree."

The two princes high fived, and the three turned to the doors leading back into the throne room.

"Well?" King Dorian asked. Ruy hated this; he hated that he might not be fighting side by side with Sophie and his guild.

But he had little choice.

"Okay. Agreed." Ruy promised.

Mansi POV

Mansi and Nour glittered into view in front of Everglen, the Vacker household, along with all the elves glittering in front of them. Mansi gulped at the sight of the mansion. Hell, she lived in a tiny apartment with her fiance.

This was where he grew up?!

"Hey, it will be okay," Nour promised. Nour was summoned back from the Egyptinat not by the guild, but by the Queen of Egyptinat, who said he needed to go home and help his family. The two Vatarians followed the elves as they set towards the mansion's glittering gates.

"Do you think he will remember us? Alden?" Nour whispered. Mansi fiddled with the feather weaved in her hair.

"I don't know. We were just children when we last saw him." Mansi muttered back. Before they even needed to knock or anything, the light of the gates tuned down, and the massive gates swung open. From it, Della and Alden were running to the mass of elves.

"Mom! Dad!" Fitz laughed. Della and Alden hugged their son tight, laughing with delight. Della grabbed in all the other elves, all of them hugging tightly.

"Hey Della missed you toOO-" Keefe wheezed as Della squeezed him so tight Mansi was worried his ribs would break. Mansi and Nour watched from a distance, fiddling with their capes or hands. Alden hugged Linh and Tam tight, and his eyes set on the two Vatarians from a distance. His face slightly dropped, and he turned pale.

"Nour?" Alden breathed. Everyone was quiet, and Alden's eyes set on Mansi.

"Mansi?" He gasped.

"Uh, hi?" Nour awkwardly waved. Alden stepped towards the two of them, and Mansi clasped Nour's hand tight. Alden stopped in front of them, looking them over. He suddenly shuffled into his pockets, grabbing a scrap of paper. He held it out for them, his hands slightly shaking. Mansi didn't have the will to take the paper out from his hands, but Nour let go of her hand to grab the parchment out of his hands slowly. Nour unfolded it carefully, and Mansi gasped. It was a little picture of all of them, only days before the Fall of Inalia.

Mansi, Amalia, Nour, Alexios, and Alvar.

Mansi was right next to Alvar in the picture, her smile wide at the fact that she was standing next to her silly childhood crush. Nour chuckled slightly at the image, his eyes glassy.

Alden ran a hand through his hair, laughing slightly.

"Wow, looking at you two makes me feel old." He laughed. Mansi and Nour's eyes turned even glassier. In one great movement, they all were wrapped up in Alden's arms. 

Please remember to vote, comment, share, and follow!

_Sibylline_

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

43.6K 365 8
One shots featuring one of my many OTP's! . . . . . . Rowan x Aelin . . . . . Me 3 Years Later: Man this is super cringy lol, but I'll leave it.
1.5K 67 14
*DISCONTINUED* amazing cover made by @aprilbluess!!! this book will be deleted on 4/9/2023
1K 51 11
UPDATE: Headcanons part 9: Eyes of Heaven arc A bunch of idea and headcanons for my wierd crossover AU! So I'm fan of SVSSS of JJBA for a time now an...
31.4K 1.6K 41
After the loss and demise of their family business, Seo Y/N's family was confronted with financial difficulties. Her family was unable to pay for the...