The Fate of Kailea

By RyleyKalem

ANIMALS SEQUEL (Previously titled The alpha, The Beta, & The Lunos, A prophecy foretold the fate of Mason's p... More

1| Unfair Trade
2| Inseparable
The Alpha, The Beta, & The Lunos
3| Hide & Seek
4| Protection
5| Mates
6| Blue
7| The Fate Of The Kailea
8| A Castle in the Woods
9| I'll Protect You
10| Only A Dream
11| A Heart Full of Love
12| Animals
13| Selfish
14| The Voice, She Calls
15| Mated Bliss
16| The Truth Untold
17| Happy Birthday
18| And Things Were Never The Same
19| Beautiful
20| One Punch Is All It Takes
21| Where's Noah?
22| Baby I'm Right Here!
23| Stand By Me
24| A Fresh Start
25| Alpha Juni
Clementine is home!
26: Name Game
27: Colors of the Wind
28. Isn't She Lovely?
29| Solem Vow
30| Puppy Love
31| A Teaspoon of Sugar
32| Forever
33| Alpha Vs Beta
34| Don't Worry Baby
35| Sweet Lover Of Mine
36| Repeat
Reference Piece
37| Dirty Kisses
38| In Your Eyes
39| No So Fast
40| Cold
41| Reversed & Cursed
42| I Love You Baby
43| Nice Guys Finish Last
44| What Doesn't Kill You
Reference Piece: Noah's Family Tree
45| Dear Noah, Tell Me I'm Forever Yours
46| Whore
47| Savage Noah
48| Hideaway
49| Say Something
50| We Keep This Love For Ourselves
Epilogue

Precursor

12.3K 332 32
By RyleyKalem

*AN: Note as of Feb 14th, The Alpha, The Beta & The Lunos was changed to The Fate of Kailea 

Enjoy!

~Decades Previous~

"Why if it isn't Richard Grayson the second, to what do I owe the surprise?" 

The God of the sea, a white tiger shifter who had taken on the name of Anu, crept out from the small cavern where he resided and stepped into the moonlight. Richard Grayson got to his knees and bowed to Anu, who appreciated the show of respect of the most successful man on the island. 

"Anu, please, I ask only of a favor," Richard begs. It wasn't the first time Anu had seen a Grayson and it didn't phase him that the grandson would return. 

"Speak child," Anu gave him permission as he licked the fur on his paw. 

"It's my grandfather's company Anu. He left it in shambles when he died and if it keeps going at this rate, we'll have nothing by this time next month," Richard simply stated his situation and Anu yawned. 

The goddesses of the small island had been pestering him for heirs for quite some time. But in order to do so, he would have to leave this body and reincarnate in a human state. How could he miss the opportunity?

"Of course, I'm sure you're well aware that every favor from a God comes with a cost," Anu warned the desperate man. An he could easily see his intentions were only seeing that his children had something to build and be proud of. 

"What can I offer you? I hardly have anything at this point." Richard groaned as he pulled down the hood of his sweatshirt. The man's light gray eyes brightened by the moonlight as Anu looked him up and down.

"Your firstborn son's bloodline, I believe his name is Pierce Peter Grayson," Anu smirked and Richard's eyes opened wide. 

"I'm not going to kill my son," Richard outright refuses, but he didn't understand Anu's desires. 

"Death is not what I am asking for. No, in fact, I'm asking for the exact opposite. If it clears your conscience, you will never live to the effects this decision has on his family. And neither will he," 

*** 

Thomas
Richard
Richard II
Pierce
Matthias

~Noah~

 I never thought of how absolutely terrifying, the sound of my own heartbeat could be. 

I can't breathe.
I can't see.

But I can hear my heart, booming in my eardrums
Clear as day.

And I fear the second it stops.

I'll cease to exist.

Natural instincts were telling me to swim to the surface 

But no matter how hard I tried it seemed like the surface was miles away.

This is it.

I could just see the light of the sun here and there reflecting across the murky brown water of the fallen ocean as I tried my hardest to swim with the current dragging me back to the bottom.

In the darkness, I'm twisted and mangled, my head hitting something so hard that static overpowered my beating heart and my chest felt so heavy from the lack of oxygen that I thought about accepting this as fate.

Is this what death feels like?

I closed my eyes and stopped swimming, while I remained in deep thought over what I wanted my final thoughts to be.

Mom, Dad, Papa, Jaydean, Rumi, Nakoa, and Novalee.

Oh, how I would miss my being the baby of the family and the adventures my kind siblings gave to me.

I kind of wish I was less of an ass to my parents now. 

Maybe I should think of my other sibling Mika-Ji, but I'll be seeing them soon in whatever place one goes to in the afterlife...if there is one.

I've never thought about it,

Would Tristan and Mason be able to feel the loss of their mate once I left this earth?

I hope they'll be okay without me. 

Then I thought of him.

Waylon.

At the thought of my unborn son's name, I opened my eyes as wide as I could. Only to see the darkened shadow coming towards me as I turned my body, hitting it with my side to protect my little one.

In a dazed panic for air, I grasped the object and shimmied my way up with every ounce of energy I had left. Fighting to climb to the top as I reached the top of the wave's peak and gasped for the oxygen my body so desperately needed.

I coughed out the mouthful of murky water and continued gasping for more air, unable to get enough of it as the water rushed past me.

 Once I regained some state of consciousness, I finally looked around. 

Coming to the realization that I was grasping onto a metal light from the stadium for dear life and the rubble of the island of Bridgeport mixed with the high ocean waves now surrounded me.

The only thing I could hear was the static in my ears and that's when I started screaming. Calling out to anyone who might be able to hear me or help me in any way.

"HELP! SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!" I screamed but there was no response.

"HELP!" I coughed as I tried to avoid the water but it was tunneling over the pole so fast that I was slipping. 

"Please," My voice weakened and I started to lose hope.

"NOAH!"

I heard my name above the static and turned to find Nico swimming past me.

"SENSEI!"

I called after him and in the effort to reach out for him the pole slipped from my grasp and I was floating on top of the water now, fighting to swerve away from as much debris as I could.

"NOAH!"

He called back to me in an intense game of Marco Polo except this time it was for life or death of one or both of us.

"SENSEI!" I finally caught up to him and I would have hugged him had we not been swimming to keep up with the current which was weakening by the second.

"NOAH," He grabbed on to the back of whatever was left of my graduation gown and yanked me to a fallen tree that seemed to still be holding on.

"Sensei," I muttered under my breath as he protectively wrapped his arm around me, continuing to pull me up so at least my chin was above water.

"We have to find somewhere safer than this," he choked out as he spits out water and I kicked my feet up to look around.

But everything was a blur.

"Sensei, I can't see...I CAN'T SEE!"

I screamed, beginning to panic again but he grasped my shoulder so tight that a ring of pain overwhelmed my panic.

"It's okay Noah, it's probably just all the water in your eyes that's all, calm down. Hey, I see the top of what looks like a hotel over there," He says and although I could tell from his blur that he was pointing somewhere, I couldn't tell where or what he was pointing at.

"Sensei, I'm so scared," I whimpered and he was so close that he touched his forehead to my shoulder.

"It's okay Noah, you're going to be okay, I've got you. I promise, just let go," He asks and I looked at his blur. Finding the blue in the center of the pale skin tone and after blinking a few times to try to get the water out, I realized my vision wasn't getting any better.

But I was going to trust him with not only my life but the life of my unborn son.

"You have to trust me, Noah. I'm going to count down from three and we're going to let go okay? Three," Nico started the countdown and I squeezed my eyes shut before trying to open them again.

But nothing had changed except I could now see the shape of Nico as he reached down and I felt his grasping my hand.

"Two,"

He took a deep breath and I did too, following his lead.

"One," 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

714K 31.7K 31
Micah wanted nothing but to finish the last year of highschool so that he could take his father's place as Alpha. What happens when he finds out that...
800K 44.8K 51
BxB --------- Life had never been easy for Salem. Raised in the system and later kidnapped by Wolves. Things don't become easier until he's taken in...
3.8M 160K 42
Book One in Mate Trilogy Sorenson was adopted at a young age, into a family that was abusive. His 'parents' would adopt more and more children and du...
636K 26.2K 45
Tora never asked to be a Lunos and he certainly didn't ask for three mates. *** As the weakest member of his house, Tora has always been a lone wolf...