To Protect

By JanieKayne

Harry never knew his Father James Potter had a little sister. That he had other options besides living with t... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117

58

48.7K 1.5K 760
By JanieKayne

Sirius,

I feel like something terrible is going to happen. I know you've told me not to worry, but I feel that it is all I do nowadays. I'm paranoid. I can't sleep. It's really hard having to hold it all together, I'm not letting it effect my teaching and Harry seems to be doing fine. I guess that's what all that matters. I'm practically counting the days till the holidays. I miss you and I hope your warm, where ever you are at. Cold weather seems to be coming sooner.

Eleanor

Eleanor hadn't gotten another letter until  Tuesday, luckily she had gotten into the owlery just in time as Sirius's owl was sending in his note.

It said—

My dear,

If you are having these premonitions, you must let Dumbledore know. It's much too dangerous to be having these thoughts alone. I would rather have you tell someone than isolating yourself with those assumptions. I love you. I want you to find help. Immediately. Being worried and anxious is one thing, but when it's getting to your health it irks me to the core. Get some rest, love. Keep in touch with me. I'll see you soon.

Love Sirius

So now Eleanor had sat in Dumbledores office, facing his desk as he poured milk into his tea. "Now— I assume you're here because of all the negative thoughts, loss of sleep and paranoia due to this years event involving Harry— correct?" He pushed up his half moon glasses.

"How did you—"

Dumbledore chuckled, "Sirius Black had sent me a note not long ago, alerting me of these um... visions." He had took a moment to blow on his tea before he spoke again.

Sbe blinked in response. "He— He sent a note?"

"Multiple, all the time— he's always checking up on you, you know. Harry as well. Are you two a thing?"

"Headmaster, I think this is off topic." Eleanor stated as Dumbledore pardoned himself.

"My apologies, ah, well— about your visions, I believe you should just simply let it go." He said calmly

"Let it go?" She questioned, "That's it? That's the great advice you have for me?"

"Its advice, I'm a wizard not a therapist." He giggled a bit before clearing his throat, "On a serious note, take precautions and I assure you, you are just under alot of stress. Everything will work out as it should."

There was something so strange about that last statement given to her because the twinkle in his eye said different. Eleanor took that lack of advice from the headmaster and walked out.

For the past few days everything seemed to be normal, that is until Thursday.

She knew she had to go drop off those graded notebooks in Professor Moodys classroom, but she dreaded the thought of having to be near his presence. Five weeks into teaching and she still wanted nothing to do with the dark arts teacher.

It seemed like a recurring problem to her and wondering if Dumbledore hired some of these people on purpose.

Eleanor had pushed opened the cracked classroom door with her foot, allowing herself to walk in. Even the classroom looked to have a darker atmosphere than normal and Moody was nowhere to be seen.

To that Eleanor sighed in relief, "Good, I missed him." She quickly walked up to the deminstration desk to set down the notebooks, planning on walking out almost immediately.

Curiosity had gotten the best of her when she had noticed a flask sitting on the table, Eleanor dared herself not to do it, but she did. She picked up the flask to sniff the liquid, just to see what he had been chugging down constantly.

She frowned. Knowing how familiar the smell was.

"Polyjuice?" She questioned and thats when she heard shouting from the upstairs office. How foolish of her not to think he was up there.

She flinched away from the desk in response, carefully putting the flask down almost tripping over a stole that sat near her but had caught it just in time before it had hit the floor.

Eleanor cursed to herself and set the chair up properly. She quickly had ran out of the room just in time as Moody slammed open his office door.

"WHERE IS IT? WHERE IS?!" He had shouted as he stomped down the stairs.

Eleanor kept quiet as she hid behind the behind the door, standing outside the room with her hand slightly over her mouth.

She was slick to speak her head out slightly enough to see the chaos he was causing in his classroom as Alastor yanked open drawers, practically knocking over everything in his sight to find what was looking for.

It had been a few moments until he had found a flask the stack of notebooks.

She watched as he hurriedly drank from the flask caughing soon after.

Eleanor narrowed her eyes at him.

She didn't know he could almost see her so when he turned his head completely around to face her, she yanked herself back from view.

Madeye Moody growled in response thinking it was a nosy kid, than again he had only glanced just in time for the figure to be gone. He stomped over quickly out of the classroom. Turning the corner behind the door to see nobody standing there.

"Going mad." He muttered as he had shut his door behind him.

Eleanor took a deep breath and stepped away from the large quidditch trophy case that hid her from view way down in the dark corridors.
What would he be doing to Polyjuice potion besides using it? So many questions ran through her head, yet the same answer had popped up everytime.

Alastor isnt who he says he is.

"I'm telling you, it's—" She breathed out as she paced the floor of the potions classroom where Snape had leaned his rear end to his desk with his arms crossed. "I smelled it, I know what Polyjuice smells like and that's what he keeps in that flask of his!" She tried to explain to him

Severus raised an eyebrow down at her, "Polyjuice, you say?" He asked, walking into his closet to seek the familiar substance. "Such a rare potion to get ahold of."

Eleanor was now the one to cross her arms, "So, you don't trust me?" She asked watching him climb up a later in search for the small potion bottle.

"I never said I don't trust you, I just don't believe you." He said back after finding what he was looking for.

Eleanor frowned at him as he stood before her with a Polyjuice potion. "Let's say you're right—"

"I am." She shot back

"It sounds rather hard to believe, I'm the only supplier with this particular potion yet it's all still here." Snape spoke up about, "You think a man like Alaster Moory has time to brew a potion in his kitchen for months at a time?" He stood there smug.

Eleanor scoffed, mucking his posture.  "Obviously it's not him if he's using a Polyjuice potion, now is it Severus."

Snape looked into her eyes and sighed, he couldn't deny that that was cute. He also felt stupid, knowing she was right. He's never felt dumbfounded before and this was definitely his first time experiencing it.

"If you don't believe me fine, but you at least have to see for yourself before you tell me I'm wrong." Eleanor remembered.

"And how do you suppose we do that?" He asked her.

Eleanor shrugged, "If we can protect a teenage boy from getting himself killed all the time— I'm sure we can steal a flask."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.5K 2.2K 16
She's a muggle, who has no understanding of magic. Imagine her surprise when she sees a family of redheads run through a seemingly solid wall. Order...
3.7K 189 13
Harry learns things about his life he never would've before gaining a new family member and reuniting with old ones, coming to terms with people tryi...
269K 7.1K 28
*This book was written years ago when I was young and inexperienced. It will be really cringey at times so read at your own risk. I DO NOT support JK...
1.4M 47.8K 134
Eloise Malfoy finally escapes the prison that is Malfoy Manor as she embarks on her time in Hogwarts. Immediately hitting it off with pranksters Jame...