Steven Universe Half Gem Read...

By Sithmaul

(Y/N) had to move to Beach City when their parents were having a rough patch, so they sent (Y/N) to their Unc... More

Prologue: The War, then the Peace
Chapter 1: The Star Child
Chapter 2: The Conflict
Chapter 3: Truth and Rejection
Chapter 4: The Cluster
Chapter 5: The Storm Before the Calm
Chapter 6: I Just Need Some Space
Chapter 7: The Ride of Your Life
Chapter 8: The Start
Chapter 9: The Pieces
Chapter 10: The Void Emerges
Chapter 11: I Am Nothing
Chapter 12: News From Earth
Chapter 13: Steven's Trial
Chapter 14: Finally Home
Chapter 16: Reunited At Last
Chapter 17: Back To Homeworld
Chapter 18: A Big Problem
Chapter 19: Official Diamond
Chapter 20: An Old New Friend
Chapter 21: The Return
Chapter 22: The Summons
Chapter 23: The Confrontation
Chapter 24: Father Bonding
Chapter 25: A Splitting Personality
Chapter 26: The Result
Chapter 27: Releasing the Void
Chapter 28: A Heavy Atmosphere
Chapter 29: Not Quite Human
Chapter 30: Den Of Sin
Chapter 31: Thicker Than Water
Chapter 32: Violent Craving
Chapter 33: Biting the hand that feeds
Chapter 34: The Sensitive subject
Chapter 35: Battle of skill
Chapter 36: Proud of what I have
Chapter 37: Time is of the Essence
Chapter 38: Lifted Weights
Chapter 39: Seeds of Sin
Chapter 40: Center Stage

Chapter 15: Returning Of Old Friends

5.1K 132 105
By Sithmaul

          ~~~ TIMESKIP ~~~

     Greg, Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl were staring outside, their faces pressed against the windows.

Steven: "Don't worry, I am just going out for a walk with Connie, it's not like I'm going to space or anything. They're never gonna let me out of their sight again."

     Steven walked off as I sat in the chair. Everyone, except Greg, turned to me.

Pearl: "So, what happened? Where did you go?"

(Y/N): "Well, remember when Steven, Greg, and I went to the trip to Korea? I may or may not have found Blue Diamond, who may or may not, have invited me to go to Homeworld. I may or may not have accepted."

Pearl: "What? You mean she took you too?"

(Y/N): "Wait, 'too'?"

Amethyst: "Yeah, they totally took Greg."

(Y/N): "Oh wow. I didn't see him up there."

Pearl: "Wait, so you went to Homeworld?"

(Y/N): "Yes. It was nice. But the Palace was, no offense, a little bland."

Pearl: "You were in the Palace!?"

(Y/N): "Oh, that's not even the most shocking news. Get this, are you ready?"

Pearl: "I don't think I could ever be ready, but okay."

(Y/N): "Yellow Diamond, called me an honorary Diamond."

Pearl: "W-w-w-whaaaaat!?"

(Y/N): "Yeah. And I learned quite a bit from training with Yellow and Blue."

     Garnet was silent, most likely for shock, Pearl was constantly stammering, and Amethyst was confused.

(Y/N): "I think, that's enough surprises for now."

Pearl: "For now!? What else could you possibly have to tell us!?"

(Y/N): "I, am going to save it for tomorrow, we should take this slow."

Garnet: "I think that is wise."

Amethyst: "Haha, you broke Pearl."

(Y/N): "Yeah, well. I am going to go for a bit, don't worry. I won't be long."

     I headed to the warp pad and warped to the sky arena. I started to train my Aura.

          ~~~ TIMESKIP ~~~

     I was still at the sky arena. Meditating with my aura. I heard a shimmering sound, and I stopped.

Pearl: "(Y/N), where are you!?"

     I got up and headed over to the pad.

(Y/N): "Hey, I'm right here."

Pearl: "You said you wouldn't be long. You were here all night!"

     I looked around. Finally realizing the brightness in the sky.

(Y/N): "Oh, wow. You're right."

Pearl: "What are you doing here?"

(Y/N): "Training."

Pearl: "Training how?"

(Y/N): "Are you ready for the second bomb shell?"

Pearl: "....Yes."

(Y/N): "Okay, let's go to the temple."

     We warped to the temple and I sat onto the couch. Garnet and Amethyst were there as Pearl walked over.

Pearl: "Okay. So, what is the rest of the story?"

(Y/N): "Well, as you know, I went to Homeworld. I trained with Yellow and Blue Diamond. And that is how I learned..... to teleport."

Pearl: "With the pads? Can't you already do that?"

(Y/N): "Not that way."

     I teleported to right behind them.

(Y/N): "This way. No light, no sound, just, disappearing and reappearing."

Amethyst: "Whoa, dude. That's pretty rad."

Pearl: ".........Of course, why not? I mean, of all the things it could have been, at least it was just teleportation."

(Y/N): "No. There's more."

Pearl: "More?"

Amethyst: "Oh my gosh, your gonna break Pearl again."

(Y/N): "I mean. Amethyst, you like shape shifting right?"

Pearl: "No, no shape shifting. Steven tried that and it was a horrifying disaster! NOT THE CATS!"

(Y/N): "Cats? What? No, there's no cats."

Pearl: "Yeah, for now there aren't."

Amethyst: "Come on man, just show us what you got."

     I disappeared and reappeared and Amethyst.

(Y/N) (as Amethyst): "Just show us what you got."

Pearl: "What!? But, gems can't change color. And, where did your gem go?"

Amethyst: "Dude, that's so cool."

     She summoned her whip. I summoned her whip, this time it wasn't completely black.

(Y/N) (as Amethyst): "Dude, that's so cool."

Amethyst: "Wait, can you only mirror?"

(Y/N) (as Amethyst): "Not really dude. I can do pretty much whatevs."

     I turned back into myself.

(Y/N): "Copying is just a great way to get a feel of your 'character' for accurate imitation."

Pearl: "That's, that's great. It is amazing you can do these things."

(Y/N): "I have, one more trick up my sleeve."

Amethyst: "Oh, saving the best for last?"

(Y/N): "Kind of."

Amethyst: "Oh man, I'm so excited."

Pearl: "Okay."

(Y/N): "Well, first you're going to want to summon your weapons."

     They all looked at each other and reluctantly did so. I concentrated and expanded my aura, creating a sphere of dimness. The gems' weapons disappeared.

Pearl: "What? What happened?"

Amethyst: "I can't summon my whip."

(Y/N): "We are now in, the void zone. All powers are null, and void."

Pearl: "That's amazing! Is there anything else special about this?"

(Y/N): "Well, if I couldn't summon your weapons before, I would have been able to now. And this also can cancel Blue and Yellow Diamond's attacks. Well, the emotion field and electricity blast, as you can see I am still open to the attacks of other gems, and even though they can't summon their weapons, neither can I."

Pearl: "Wait, this can rival the Diamonds?"

(Y/N): "Well yes, this is my aura. Yellow claims only Diamonds have them, hence why she named me an honorary diamond. And for some reason, I can mimic Yellow's aura."

Pearl: "What do you mean by that?"

(Y/N): "I can use her lightning ability."

Amethyst: "Man, you're a power house. I can't wait to see you in a fight."

(Y/N): "Well, I haven't been in a real fight, not truly but, I am still figuring things out and getting used to this."

     I finally brought my aura back in, already exhausted from keeping it up, and from the training last night.

Pearl: "Well, we are glad to have you and Steven back."

     I smiled and lied down.

          ~~~ TIMESKIP ~~~

      I have been training, day after day. I feel like I can still do better. The world feels so much larger. It's hard to go back to my normal life here on Earth after finding out about everything that's been happening in space, and in the past. Everything felt so old and familiar, but different in so many ways. Steven has been doing so much, talking to Lars, he found Lapis on the moon, she ran away, Garnet went out and did a random day. So much is going on, and I feel like I can't handle it.

     I stopped running around the arena with my aura activated and fully expanded. Every now and then I felt my aura extend by the slightest amount, and it drained me more and more each time. I made my way to the warp pad, and I went to the temple. Garnet and Amethyst were walking in as Pearl sat at the kitchen counter. I started making my way to the couch when Steven fell out of Pearl's Pearl.

Steven: "I know."

Pearl: "I wanted to tell you for so long."

Steven: "Mom was Pink Diamond."

Amethyst: "wwwWWWWHHHHAAAAAAAT!"

     Garnet put her hand to her mouth.

(Y/N): "I was wondering how I was going to bring that up."

Pearl: "You knew?"

(Y/N): "Well ever since I have been getting flash backs, at first it just started with picture memories, then a vague scene, and then the whole thing through her eyes. Yes."

     Garnet and Amethyst sat on the couch as I scoot over.

Amethyst: "Let me get this straight. Rose Quartz, leader of the crystal gems. Steven's mom, was actually Pink Diamond?"

Steven: "She faked her own shattering. And reformed to be Rose all the time."

Pearl: "Pink Diamond's final command to me was that no one could know. But now that Steven does I can finally tell you all everything."

Amethyst: "Phew, I mean, a pink lion, a pink sword, and now Pink Diamond! If you told me Rose invented cotton candy I'd believe it. Right Garnet? Uh, Garnet?"

     Garnet was trembling. She slowly got up. She spoke, it was strained, with anger.

Garnet: "Rose. She, she-"

     She split, unfusing into Sapphire and Ruby.

Ruby: "Sapphire-"

Sapphire: "She lied to us! She lied about everything! She held our hands looked us right in the eyes and told us to never question who we are as Garnet. We never questioned ourselves. Or her!"

Ruby: "We couldn't have known."

Sapphire: "No, you couldn't have known. You never know what's going on. That's what I'm for."

Ruby: "Sapphire."

Sapphire: "But I never looked into her. I trusted her. I let her make fools of us all."

Ruby: "Sapphire wait!"

     Sapphire headed to the warp pad. Steven rushed after them but slipped on the ice Sapphire created.

Steven: "Guys."

Ruby: "Please, we could just stay calm and talk about this right? Let's just, talk."

Sapphire: "Talk about what? How our relationship is based on a lie? What else is there to say?"

     She warped away.

Pearl: "Ruby? I'm so sorry."

Steven: "Come on Pearl, help me explain to Sapphire."

Pearl: "Right."

(Y/N): "I'm coming along."

Steven: "Sit tight Ruby. We'll go and get Sapphire."

Ruby: "Okay."

     Ruby started to sob as Pearl, Steven, and I warped away.

Pearl: "Maybe she's here."

     We came to a place with snow falling everywhere. There was a statue with ice spikes around it. Sapphire was leaning over it.

Steven: "Sapphire."

     I had started walking toward her before Steven and Pearl. When Sapphire heard Steven she threw out an ice spike to distance Pearl and Steven away, but she didn't realize how close I had already gotten, and I found myself on the spike.

(Y/N): "AH, GOD damn it, not again!"

     I slowly pushed myself off the spike, a large hole in my chest.

(Y/N): "Huh, that Javelin isn't looking so scary now."

Pearl, Steven, and Sapphire: "(Y/N)!"

Pearl: "Hold on we'll get you some help."

(Y/N): "Wait. Sapphire-"

Sapphire: "(Y/N), I am so sorry, I was just, so angry and-"

(Y/N): "No, Sapphire, do you really think your entire relationship is built up on a lie? A relationship is the bond between two people. If you only loved Ruby, because of the rebellion, the war, and the shattering of Pink Diamond, I don't think *Cough* you would bother to be Garnet."

     I coughed some more, a little bit of blood came out.

Pearl: "(Y/N), you need to save your energy, just stop and-"

(Y/N): "Pearl, it's fine. Surprisingly, this is not the first time I have been impaled in the stomach. On Homeworld, at first my training was over seen by a green Agate, and a Ruby. They hated my guts the first day. So, for our first training session, the second I put my weapon away. I got a Javelin through the stomach. It hurts, in fact, this, this burns so much. But I was fine the next day, I was able to survive the suffocation of space. This, this isn't too too bad, right? Just....a lot..... of blood...... Sapphire, go...... go to.......... Ruby."

     My vision started to fade. I am nothing. I feel nothing. There is no hole, because there is no body.

(Y/N): "There we go. Feeling better already, the pain is gone. I just need to let my vision return, and I'll see the hole is gone."

Pearl: "(Y/N), this is serious. It's still there."

(Y/N): "Well then, thank goodness I can numb my body, that is going to be extremely useful..... Pearl?"

Pearl: "Yes?"

(Y/N): "Get some damn bandages it's hurting again."

     Pearl took a roll of bandages out of her gem and started to wrap around my mid section.

(Y/N): "Yeah, this was, a big mistake. Come on, why now. Why is this happening now, I can't die, I just learned about all the things I can do. I was making so much progress with my training."

Sapphire: "I am so sorry (Y/N)."

(Y/N): "No, no it's fine. I... I.... I shouldn't have been so quiet. The only problem I have is. How I.... how the..... have I not passed..... out... yet? I mean.... I am still... breathing moderately..... I can talk......... every.... now and then. I guess.... Diamond resistance.... is very..... useful."

     I closed my eye.

Pearl: "(Y/N), Don't fall asleep! Not now!"

(Y/N): "It's fine. I think I heal faster when I sleep. Just watch. I'm gonna go to sleep. I will wake up, and the hole will be smaller, at least."

Pearl: "But you're losing so much blood."

(Y/N): "Pearl, just. Let me rest. I'll.... I'll be...... fine."

     I drifted off.

          ~~~ TIMESKIP ~~~

     I woke up on the couch. Steven was at the counter looking at something. He looked over to the temple door. I sat up and groaned, putting a hand on my very sore chest.

Steven: "(Y/N)! You're awake! Oh thank goodness."

(Y/N): "See? I told you I'd be fine. What'd I miss."

Steven: "Well Sapphire came back here, Ruby ran away, but apparently she was just up on the cliff with dad, and then we went on a cowboy adventure, and she was all Pew Pew, and Amethyst turned into a horse, and Ruby was having so much fun, but it turned out she really missed Sapphire, so we talked and she proposed and Sapphire said yes and now we're planning the wedding and-"

(Y/N): "Wait, Ruby and Sapphire are getting married?"

Steven: "Yes! Isn't that great?"

(Y/N): "Of course. I'm so happy for them. Congratulations."

Steven: "But, Sapphire is upset how there are so many people we won't be able to invite, the ones in the bubbles."

(Y/N): "Hmm, the corrupted gems. I have an idea. But, we are going to need to release one of them for the test. Do you think there is a corrupted gem we can handle enough for it to be safe to let out?"

Steven: "I don't know, maybe."

     We went into the core of the Temple. We were looking around when Steven looked at the bubble with Bismuth in it. He grabbed the bubble and popped it. Steven backed up as Bismuth slowly started to reform.

Bismuth: "Hm? I'm back?"

Steven: "Hey Bismuth? Long time no see."

Bismuth: "Rose, I mean, Steven."

Steven: "Oh, there's a third option now."

Bismuth: "Why would you let me out? I just tried to shatter you."

Steven: "You know how you fought mom cause her whole war strategy didn't make any sense? Well you were right."

     Bismuth looked around the room and saw the gems in the bubbles.

Bismuth: "What's going on? Did Rose do this? Did she bubble everyone who disagreed with her?"

Steven: "Oh, no it's not like that."

Bismuth: "Tiger's eye. Huh, Little Larimar. Barrel, Serpentine, and Oh, Bigs? Bigs was beloved by everyone."

(Y/N): "Wait Bismuth NO!"

     She jumped up and grabbed one of the bubbles.

Bismuth: "I got you buddy. Come on Bigs help me free the other... Bigs?"

     The gem Bismuth got started to form into a giant monster.

(Y/N): "Well it's now or never with the test."

     I ran over to the corrupted gem, despite the pain in my chest. I extended my aura, and I felt something entering me, the giant creature was starting to transform, back into a gem. But, I felt something, my fingers felt weird, my neck was getting dry and itchy. I saw that my arm was starting to change color.

Bigs: "Bismuth, wh-"

     My aura retracted as a flash left my gemstone, Bigs reverted back into that monster, and I was on the floor, my gem felt like it was burning hot, my stomach felt like I was opening the hole wider. I coughed up a little bit of blood. The monster was about to attack a stunned Bismuth until Steven slid under her and bubbled us.

Steven: "I'm sorry Bismuth, this is not the Bigs you knew before."

Bismuth: "Steven-"

Steven: "I know we've had our differences but so much has changed and I just wanted to tell you."

     Steven's bubble popped as the gem had relentlessly wailed o it.

Bismuth: "Bigs."

     Bismuth stopped the attack with two large hammers and pushed back the corrupted bigs. As bigs lunged forward, Bismuth slashed, dissipating the gem. Steven bubbled it.

Bismuth: "Only a Diamond could do damage like this. It was Pink wasn't it? Why didn't Rose stop her!?"

Steven: "Because, they were the same person."

Bismuth: "What?"

     I slowly got up, feeling a little better as Steven started filling Bismuth in on the current events.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 723 32
Lapis usually stays to herself. She has her one friend that she's content with and doesn't want to meet anyone new. she wants to be invisible. She li...
937 16 28
Steven Universe... son of the one and only, Rose Quartz. Also known as Pink Diamond. Steven grew up wanting to be what everybody else wanted him to b...
39K 842 12
Forced into a war you had no clue what to do, you were lost until a huge orange gem came along and told you what to do. You did as she said, scared o...
50.1K 1.3K 72
You are currently A High School Graduate, And One Day as you moved out of your home, You settle down in a Quiet town called Beach City, You soon meet...