Teach Me How To Kiss {Wattys2...

By Whines8

Mia Harper is a 19 year old girl on her summer break from college. She is very shy and self conscious about h... More

prologue
Chapter 1 Party Invitation
Chapter 2- the things you can learn at a party
Chapter 3- getting to know you
Chapter 4- Confessions
Chapter 5- First Date
Chapter 6- First Kiss
Chapter 7- First Make Out, Turns into First Hickey
Chapter 8- First signs of Doubt
Chapter 9- First Boyfriend
Chapter 10- First Intimate Touch
Chapter 11- Invite to Meet the Parents
Chapter 12- The Dinner Guest part 1
Chapter 13- The Dinner Guest: Part 2
Chapter 14- The End of a Long Dinner
Chapter 15- Jacob's Surprise
Chapter 16- Lauren's Sunday Morning News
Chapter 17- Afternoon Lunch... part 1
Chapter 18- Afternoon Lunch... part 2
Chapter 19- Just Being Nice
Chapter 20- Reassurance part 1
Chapter 21- Reassurance part 2
Chapter 22- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 1
Chapter 23- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 2
Chapter 24- A Memorable Saturday Night part 1
Chapter 25- A memorable Saturday Night part 2
Chapter 26- A Memorable Saturday Night part 3
Chapter 27- A Memorable Saturday Night part 4
Chapter 28- First Time
Chapter 29- The Morning After part 1
Chapter 30- The Morning After part 2
Chapter 31- Everything was Perfect part 1
Chapter 32- Everything was perfect part 2
Chapter 33- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 1
Chapter 34- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 2
Chapter 35- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 3
Chapter 36- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 4
Chapter 37- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 5
Chapter 38- A Night of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 6

Chapter 39- The End Of Summer

24.7K 851 64
By Whines8

Hey all so THIS IS THE FINAL CHAPTER OF THE FIRST BOOK OF Teach Me How To Kiss I hope you guys like this chapter. I really tried to end it well so I hope you enjoy that. I also want to thank all of you who have stuck with me and this story for its entirity. I know it took me a long while to finish this story seeing as I started it a while ago. But Now that is done I'm kinda sad. lol this was my second story that I every started writing and you can tell if you look closely at the chapters that my writing gets a little better as the chapters move forward lol. But anyway thanks to all of you for loving and reading and voting and commenting lol I really appreciate all the love and support. I hope you guys will love the second book just as much. And I will make sure to announce when that one will begin. ONE MORE THING>>

I am entering this book in the watty awards along with my book Pain & Pleasure: Perplexed Love so please support those if you can. Thanks again to all my fans and I love you all. 

Whitney (Whines8)

*********************************************************************************************

My entire life, I have made it a point to stay clear of confrontation or any situation, for that matter, that I concluded to be toxic or ‘messy’. I have never gotten into a fight or an out right argument with another person, I have never felt like I had to settle a disagreement with someone by being loud and mean or hurting them in some type of way. And most importantly, in all my time on this earth, I have never once wanted to inflict bodily harm upon another individual, no matter how rude, disrespectful, mean or annoying I thought they were. I’ve always been the ‘peace keeper’, the one that tried to compromise to keep things from getting out of hand. I’ve always been the calm, quiet girl that didn’t want any drama.

But, all that seemed to have change the moment I met Jacob’s mother and his god awful ex-girlfriend Gabby. It has taken all my will and energy not to snap at the two conniving women who seem keen on destroying my relationship with Jacob. And with all honesty, I have never disliked someone so much in my entire life. 

And now more than ever, as I run down the wide staircase in my strapp-y high heels and out the front entrance of the building, my dislike towards my boyfriends mother and ex was stronger than ever. 

The moment I realized that what Jacob’s mother had told me was true and that Jacob was neither going to deny or confirm any of it, and I saw the smug look cross her face, I was up and sprinting as fast as I could possibly go out of the building. I couldn’t be around his mother or Gabby any longer and if I was being honest with myself I didn't want to look at Jacob either. I needed some air, I needed to get away from all of it, all the drama that was Jacob’s mother and Gabby and just… breathe.

The air was warm and slightly muggy as I settled into a brisk walk, continuing my retreat from the building by walking around to the back and out onto the grassy sand that separated the building from the big mass of dark water. 

I didn’t stop until I found a secluded spot that was surrounded by tall stems of tan grass and rocks that made it look like my own little private fortress. Bending down, I quickly unstrapped my heels, that were now sinking into the warm sand and dropped them beside me on the ground, then without a care about the beautiful dress I was still wearing, I dropped to the ground beside my discarded shoes and pulled my knees up towards my chin before wrapping my arms around them. 

Closing my eyes, I tried to calm my rapidly beating heart as my mind continued to replay what just happened only moments ago back inside at the charity gala. All that I kept see was Jacob’s mother and her smug smile as she told me, indirectly this time, that Gabby was indeed going to be attending the same university as Jacob once again and then my mind shifts to Jacob’s guilt stricken face as I silently look at him, waiting for him to tell me that his mother is lying or in the least look surprised to here the news himself. 

Those to images play on what seems like a loop in my head for I don’t know how long, until suddenly I hear my name being called in the distance. Opening my eyes I peek over the tall grass that shields me from view and see Jacob’s tall form running down the vast grassy sand, eyes wondering from side to side as he yells my name. 

I watch as he gets closer, not really wanting him to find me just yet, and notice just how far he has come out to search for me. I hadn’t realized before, but I had ventured out farther from the building where the charity gala is being held then I had thought. From where I was sitting still silently hiding in my little fortress of tall grass, rocks and sand, I could barely see the parking lot from here. 

Looking back at Jacob, I watched him stop abruptly, just a few feet away from where I was and place his hands on top of his head as he looked around franticly. His eyes stopped on the wide mass of dark water that was giving off small ripple like waves against its shore and I could tell even without seeing his eyes that his mind was thinking the worst, reluctantly I slowly rose to my feet and got his attention, “I’m not so angry that I’d jump into the water to drown myself,” I yelled over the sound of the water towards him making him twist quickly towards me.

His face was illuminated by the moon high in the sky and if I wasn’t so mad at him and his crazy mother I would have swooned right there on the spot. I watched as Jacob immediately rushed over to where I stood and stopped a foot or two away from me, “Mia, I’ve been looking everywhere for you, what the heck are you doin’ all the way out here? Are you alright?,” he asked and for some strange reason seeing his face right in front of me suddenly made the frustration and anger come charging to the surface and the tears I have been holding in began to stream down my face. 

I glared at Jacob as I tried to rid the stubborn tears away with the bottoms of my palms before turning away from him. I couldn’t talk to him I was so angry and the fact that he would ask me if I’m okay after what happen back at the table with his mother made me even angrier. He should already know I was far from okay.

“Mia, come on talk to me, I know what happen back there with my mother upset you but give me a chance to explain,“ he pleaded but I shook my head as I twisted around to glare at him again but didn’t speak so he continued, “Now I know what you heard back there was surprising and probably confusing-“ he stops mid sentence when I hold my hand up quickly. 

Taking a step towards him I stare at him for a moment longer as I feel another tear stream down my face, “You know whats crazy,” I said in a low tone, “The fact that I’m not surprised, Jacob!,” I yelled the last part as I backed away from him once more.

Jacob’s eyes widen in what looks like shock at my tone, maybe, before narrowing his eye at me.  He goes to speak again, but I shake my head furiously and continued my rant, “No, I wasn’t surprised at all to find out that your ex-girlfriend is going to the same university as you again. Do you know why? Because your mother so kindly informed me of the news earlier this evening,” as I said this Jacob stiffened as his eyebrows raised in confusion.

“What? Why wou-“ Jacob began to say but I cut him off once again as I went on.

“No, I wasn’t surprised about that at all, but what I was surprised about was that your mother was actually telling me the truth,” I yelled as I angrily wiped my cheeks of the wet that continued to stream down my face.

Jacob cautiously took a few steps towards me and reached out his hand to touch me but I backed away from him again. The hurt expression that came across his face would have made me feel horrible if I wasn’t so mad.

Realizing I wasn’t in the mood to be touch at the moment, Jacob let his hand drop to his side before speaking again, “Telling the truth? About what?” he asked his voice coming out strained as if he was trying to keep from yelling himself.

“She told me you had known for weeks about Gabby going back to school at the same university as you,” I said and began to shake my head, “I didn’t want to believe her, because if I did then that meant you kept it from me for a reason and I didn’t like the reasons it could be.”

At my words Jacob’s confused expression changed to one of anger and he stepped forward once more as his eyes narrowed, “Mia, yes I’ve known for awhile but-“ at his confirmation of what I had already figured out, my anger grew and I looked away from him cutting him off in the process.

Narrowing my eyes back at him, I pointed an accusing finger towards him, “And to think I had convinced myself that your mother was lying, that she was only trying to get under my skin. Because why in the world would you hide something like your ex attending the same school as you again, especially when you-“ I stopped myself from finishing that statement and turned away from him again as a frustrated groan rose from my throat.

As if taking my moment of silence as his chance to speak, Jacob walked to stand right in front of me and grabbed my shoulders, “Mia, look at me,” he said when I shifted my eyes away from his face, “Look. At. Me,” he demanded this time as he tugged my chin making my eyes meet his, “Yes I knew about Gabby starting school at the same university as me, Yes, I kept it from you but only because I didn’t think it was a big deal. Why would you care about something like that? She has nothing to do with me and you Mia,” he tried to explain but it only mad me more angry. 

Yanking out of his hold I quickly put some space between us as I threw my hands up into the air,  “Are you serious? You cannot be that blind Jacob,” I yelled making him furrow his brows at me, “Blind? What are you talking about?,” Jacob asked looking genuinely confused and as I could see more upset. 

“All this time, this whole entire summer I have held my tongue but not any longer. I have looked passed the fact that you don’t seem to notice just how horrible your mother is to me. The things she has said to me when your not around, the disrespectful stares and remarks she makes to me behind your back. I haven’t said a word about it because I knew it didn’t matter what she thought of me as long as me and you were together. I get that she’s your mother, she’s always going to be your mother so I understand that me competing with her is pointless. But tonight made me realize you have not only turned a blind eye towards your mothers actions but to Gabby to. Jacob how can you not see the things that I’ve seen when it comes to her, the signs are right in front of your face and its like your the only one that can’t see it,” I told him in a frustrated tone my voice cracking slightly as my anger began to blend into sadness.

Jacob must of saw the sadness itched onto my face because suddenly he lifted his arms as if he was about to embrace me, “Mia…” he said as he took a step towards me only to stop when I backed away from his reach again. I couldn’t let him touch me, or hold me. Because I knew I would lose my nerve and will power to do anything else but melt into him and before I could let him do that, before I could let how much I love him keep me from saying what I needed to say, I blurted out, “Gabby is still in love with you!” 

As my revelation echoed between us in the warm summer night, I watched the man I was madly in love with eyes furrow in confusion as he let his arms drop back down to his sides. Jacob didn’t say any for a moment, just stared back at me and I took this opportunity to continue.

“I can see it, Lauren can see it, even your mother knows. The only person that doesn’t seem to realize it is you,” I let what I had just said sink in a little with him before continuing, “And now that you know, I hope you can see why her going to the same university with you, while I’m hours away from you, makes me so upset, Jacob. It was bad enough I had to deal with her all summer as she tried to steal your attention with the help of your mother, while I desperately tried to hold on to you and our relationship. But at least I was here with you to fight for us, Jacob. What’s going to happen now that we will be so far apart and her so close…How am I suppose to fight for us then. How am I supposed to compete with the history you both clearly have…how am I supposed to compete with a girl like that.”

When I was done, tears were streaming down my cheeks again, only this time I let them continue to fall as I dropped back down to the rough grassy sand and pulled my knees to me before placing my face in my hands. 

It was quiet for a long while after that and I really didn’t know if Jacob had run off after watching my break down moments ago or if he was just frozen in shock after hearing all the things I had just confessed. But I couldn’t focus on that at the moment because I was too busy crying in sadness for our relationship and most importantly crying because my last night with Jacob was ruined all thanks to his mother.

Then suddenly, I felt Jacob’s body flop down beside me in the sand and before I knew what was happening his big strong arms wrapped around me, pulling me into his side. Gently he pulled my hands away from my face and tugged my chin towards him so my watery eyes locked with his. Softly, he brushed his thumps against my cheeks, wiping away the wet that my tears left behind before tucking, some fallen hair behind my ear.

The entire time he did this, I just stared into those deep eyes of his, inhaling his scent and becoming captivated by his tender touch. We sat there like that, his hands caressing my cheek, before both his hands came to rest against the sides of my neck.

His eyes bored into mine as he began to speak, “Mia, why didn’t you tell me any of this before now? Why didn’t you tell me my mother was giving you such a hard time. I knew the two of you weren’t the best of friends and I knew she hasn’t been all that excepting of our relationship but I had no idea— “ Jacob paused mid sentence and I watched his jaw clench and unclench a few times as if he was trying to suppress his own anger before he gave a heavy sigh and continued, “Mia, you have to believe me, I swear it never occurred to me to think Gabby might still be harboring feelings for me and to be honest, in my defense, I wasn’t paying that much attention to her to begin with. Yeah I may have invited her along with us a time or two but that was mostly to get my mother off my back. You say I’ve been blind when it comes to my mother and I agree with you, I take full responsibility when it come to that. But when it comes to Gabby, I can promise you, Mia, you have nothing to worry about. I’m sorry for not telling you about Gabby sooner. I knew I screwed up on that the moment I saw your face back at the table tonight. But I really didn't think it was that important. I understand knowing Gabby is my ex and seeing her around was hard for you to deal with this summer and I know she’s kind of a sour topic for us and I just wanted to keep her out of our relationship as much as possible,” Jacob stared down at me when he finished as he slowly grazed his thump over my bottom lip, “Your the only one for me Mia Harper, everyone else ceases to exist…. That includes ex’s and overbearing mothers,” Jacob said with a charming smile as he slowly leaned forward and pressed his soft lips against the corner of mine. 

My breath hitch at the feel of his lips on me, even though they barely touched my own. Jacob’s gaze turned hungry as he brushed his lips against mine again this time speaking as he did so, “I’m so sorry for everything Mia, my mother, Gabby, for making you doubt how I feel about you … about us.…please say you forgive.”

A pleasant shiver ran down my spine at his heart felt apology. He was apologizing for his mother and Gabby’s actions even though he didn’t have to and that in itself only made me love him more. 

Before I knew what I was doing, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him towards me bringing our lips together once more, only this time the kiss was more than just a gentle touch, it was passionate, desperate, and everything in-between making my body buzz with warmth that shot straight down to my toes. 

Jacob quickly took control of the kiss and pulled me tighter into him as he deepened the kiss making a moan slip from my lips only to be muffled by his. Our tongues danced together in a feverish caress that sent my body ablaze with desire for the man I loved in front of me. I wanted to stay like this forever, in Jacob’s arms, away from everything and everyone else. I wanted it to stay just us, in our little bubble of bliss, but reluctantly we both pulled apart resting our foreheads together as we tried to catch our breath.

“I love you, Mia,” Jacob declared with more passion lighting his eyes than I had ever seen before and it made my heart swell, “Gabby is my past, do you understand?,” he asked me as he tilted my chin upwards so my eyes were level with his.

I nodded, “Yes,” I said breathlessly as tingles spread throughout my body at his words. 

“And as far as I’m concerned, the past no longer exists. Your my present Mia… and hopefully my future.”

Without hesitation I kissed him hard, giving him everything I had, all of me before pulling away quickly, “I love you so much Jacob…I’m so sorry I doubted you,” I said my voice cracking slightly. I felt so guilty now that we have talked and gotten everything out in the open. I hated myself for letting his mother get to me the way she did. 

“No need to say sorry, lets just forget about all of that now. I’ll deal with my mother and Gabby tomorrow. But for the rest of the night, I want to spend every moment of it with you. It’s our last night here together Mia and I don’t want to waste another minute of it,” he declared before crashing his lips down on mine again before suddenly pulling me to my feet with him.

Jacob led us back to the building where the gala was still in full swing but instead of going back inside, he got his car and we left to head back to his place. And for the rest of my last night in Virginia Beach, I mad love to the guy I love, never once thinking about his Jacob’s mother or Gabby or the fact that we were going to be leaving each other tomorrow. The only thing I thought about was the beautiful, gorgeous man that, in just a few months, had changed my life for the better and had turned me into this confident, sexy women who was not afraid of her flaws and who was, most importantly, not afraid to love hard for the first time ever in her life. 

And as I laid in Jacob’s arms at the end of the night, the both of us watching the sun slowly rise and announcing that our time in Virginia Beach had come to an end, I knew in my heart that our relationship was far from over. The long distance away from one another that we will have to endure this coming fall won’t be easy but I believed we would make it. Because I believed in us. 

Tearing my eyes away from the sunrising outside, I looked up at Jacob’s handsome face, watching him as his eyes drifted close and his breath became even. Then and there I concluded instantly that Jacob was everything to me. 

He embodied and symbolized what I will always remember as the summer that changed my life. Because I fell in love with a guy who taught me how to kiss …. and so much more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6M 515K 74
Mia Collins just wanted to get through her senior year of high school with as minimal awkward situations as possible. However, that's kind of hard to...
104K 6.4K 44
(#1 in HEARTWRENCHING) She gave him a ride, and he gave her a million reasons to run him over with her car instead. *** Natalie Fisher (Natt) has hi...
3.3K 253 11
Chase Wilson wants nothing more than to get out of Port Haven. After getting into too much trouble back home, what would be a vacation for most peopl...
23 1 15
Mia is a 20 year old who's dream is to become a flight attendant. Her best friend Amelia managed to convince her to go on holiday to Dubai with her f...