Mr. And Ms. billionaire

By ArinStone

'You're Leira Smith aren't you? That poor nerdy social freak who always hid behind Violet's shadow like a los... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 27

6.5K 236 68
By ArinStone

Violet's pic on top.

Recap:

Laura went on a date with Diego. After almost spending the half day together Diego drops her off at her apartment and kissed her on the cheek. Leaving her shocked he left.

....................

  The phone keeps ringing for a while and then it stops.

  Laura rubs her face in frustration. Violet isn't picking up. Like always she's avoiding the situation.

  This can't do, Laura thinks. She grabs her keys and heads out. Her car comes to life moments later and then she's shooting out of the garage and driving towards Violet's place.

  She was so surprised when Violet's assistant called her just 1 hour after she came home. After picking up she learned that today Violet was brutally slaughterd by Ben in the court again and now Violet isn't picking up her phone.

  The reason behind James, Violet's assistant calling her is that tomorrow there's a very important meeting in their firm and he was afraid that Violet would do the same thing she did last year. Which is getting drunk like there's no tomorrow.

  So now Laura's going to go at her place and make sure Violet stays sober.

  After parking her car she goes up and rings Violet's doorbell.

  No response. So she rings again. Nothing. She starts ringing continuously now, knowing that Violet would probably start shouting in a second.

  'Who the hell is that?' Violet barks from the other side.

  'Open the door.' Laura shouts back so that Violet can hear her. Footsteps start approaching the door and then the door opens with a click.

  Violet's already retreating back towards her couch when Laura sticks her head inside following by her body. She doesn't become surprised when she takes in the trashed living room. She goes towards the kitchen and just as she suspected the kitchen is equally trashed.

  She quickly texts an - 'I got her' to Violet's mom knowing that she's probably worried. It has become a routine since Laura and Violet moved out of NY and went to England. Whenever Violet would do something like this Laura would text Violet's mom and take care of her. Violet does the same.

  Loud sounds start coming from the living room so Laura sticks out her head and sees that Violet's watching an action film in the TV while munching on chips and getting crumbs all over herself and the couch.

  Laura rolls her sleeves and gets to work. First she cleans the counter and then she mops the floor where suger, salt, flour and god knows what was scattered. This is what Violet does whenever she's fustrated which is to trash her kitchen.

  Then she fills two glasses with orange juice which was in the fridge and takes them to the living room.

  'Get up.' Violet does as Laura says and plops down on the couch again after Laura swats away the crumbs from the couch as much as she can.

  'So what are we watching?' Laura asks. Acting like everything is normal. Knowing Violet would tell her everything when she feels like it.

  Violet wordlessly gets up and puts a DVD on. Then she plops down on the couch again.

  'Which one is it?' Laura asks.

  'An unexpected love.' Violet says for the first time since Laura came.

  'A what?' Laura asks in disbelieve. 'That's Alisha's first ever movie right? The one she did when she was nineteen.'

  Violet looks at Laura with her eyebrows raised high. 'You seem to know all about Alisha. Do you keep track on her or something?'

  'And you seem to have her movies. Do you watch all of her movies or something?' Laura retorts.

  They both look at each other and bursts out laughing.

  As the movie starts they watch Alisha running towards her class and clashing with the badboy of the school. She falls on her butt.

  Laura and Violet start chuckling at the state of her. Although, Alisha's name is Rose in here. The badboy aka Black crouches down in front of her acting as if he's going to help her up and then kicks Rose's scattered books on the floor away from her and says, 'This is what happens when you clash with the wrong guy.' After this Black walks away with style as the girls crowding around them swoons after him.

  So steriotypical.

  Both girls don't stop laughing to feel bad for a humiliated Rose who gets up and runs to the bathroom to cry. She was looking so funny with a red nose. Oh and she had already scooped her books in her hand while tears had started running down her face.

  'Now you know why I keep these movies. Whenever I need a good laugh I watch one of these. Although I haven't watched these in a long time. Seeing Alisha struggling is like this is the best thing ever.' Violet starts chuckling again and it stops as she gets a glazed look on her eyes. But it goes away as soon as it came

  Laura knows that Violet misses Alisha. Its in rare occasions, like really rare occasions but still. So during those times, she masks her feelings toward Alisha with hatred. In her mind, Alisha deserves nothing other than that. To Violet, Alisha is a backstabbing bitch who's also the biggest lier on earth and a fraud. To Laura, it's the same.

  Time passes by. Comments starts flying around them.

  'Oh my God! She just kissed him back like that. Yo bitch, he's the one who humiliates you at school.'

  'She's actually wearing makeup when she's in bed!'

  'I never look this prim and proper after getting up in the morning.'

  'Oh, come on! Why would you? You're not a fake like her.'

  'Hey look look. I remember this scene. Black now will act as if he's gonna give her a rose and then say that it was all a bet.'

  The movie's credits starts rolling. The girls also start sobering up from their over excitement. Whatever they say, both of them knows that Alisha did an amazing job for her first time acting. No wonder she got the people's choice award for it.

  Laura tucks the popcorn bowl under her arm and takes the two joice glasses on her hands. She's about to head towards the kitchen when Violet's tiny voice stops her on her tracks.

  'Professor Hemmington had a mild heart attack. This time it's really serious. He says he-' Violet's voice wavers.

  'He doesn't want to fight anymore.'

...............

  'Here's the report from the construction. Also, Ms. Hussain has given some new ideas. Would you like to see them now or should I give you those later.' Grace says as she places a steaming coffee and the report in front of Laura.

  'Give those to me.I'll go through them now. Knowing Iffat, she'll probably get some more ideas even before I'm through these.' Laura says.

  Grace nods, puts the ideas in the table and leaves the room closing the door behind her.

  Today Laura has finally gotten an room for herself. All these days the whole team for this project was working in the same room. It was uncomfortable for everyone. So Jared finally got an extra room just beside the old one for Laura. The whole team is still working in that room. Just Laura and Jared has moved out of there. 

  Laura surveys the room again. It's really small and has only two big tables, each having a set of chairs. One facing the door and two sitting opposite of it. But at least she got a seperate room.

  Although she's curious about the other table. What is the use of that in this room? When Laura would only need one table. Strange.

  As if to answer her question Jared enters without even knocking. Rude, if she might say. But she doesn't tell him anything about it because the card box in his hand filled with files arouses her mind.

  'What am I going to do with all those files?' Laura asks just as Jared gets closer to his table.

  'These are not yours.' He replies, shrugging.

  'Wha-' Laura's eyebrows shoots up as Jared places that cardbox on the other table. Whatever question she was going to ask her dies on her mouth.

  Jared fights hard to suppress his amused look by seeing Laura's horror striken face. He rounds around the table and seats on the single chair with ease.

  He voices out the fact that Laura has already realised.

  'These are my files of course. Why would you think otherwise?' Jared asks. Laura can hear the mockery in his tone. This infuriating guy is taking pleasure from her surprise.

  'What are you doing in my room with your files?' Laura doesn't forget to  emphasise on the 'my' and 'your' part, a fact which doesn't go unnoticed Jared.

  'Oh! I might've forgotten to mention this morning that we, as in you and I are going to share this room till this project ends.'

  She can bet that he didn't forget shit. He just wanted to mess with her. Unfortunately he is succeeding so far.

  Laura gives a forced clipped smile after taking a deep breath. Turning towards Jared while still managing to keep her forced tight lipped smile she says, 'Why would you share a room with me when you have your own floor?'

  'Hmm.' Jared says and a mocking thoughtful expression crosses his face. 'Let me see, perhaps it's because my office is in the top floor and I have to make back and forth trips between this floor and the top one.' Finally Jared's mocking tone goes away and he says in a matter of fact tone, 'Obviously I'm not going to continue doing that and instead move in here with you Ms. Williams.'

  Laura mumbles a 'whatever' under her breath and goes back on working. She shoots a silent prayer upwards wishing that they wouldn't have that much interaction between them. She already has to put up with seeing his face everyday and now she has to share a room with him.

  Just ah-me-zing.

  Almost one and half an hour passes by without them even uttering one single word. Reid had come once with Jared's morning coffee and his laptop. That's all.

  After going through all the files and some important calls later Laura finally stretches her hands a bit. Jared's keyboard is constantly making sound. He's been writing something for as long as he's been sitting there.

  Laura glances at her wristwatch. Mr. Xiao Nai would be calling any moment now. She has a video conference with him.

  'Stop making so much noise. I have a video conference with our Japanese investor.'

  Jared stops typing without saying anything and goes back to working.

  Her video conference starts and Laura tells them about the project's progress so far. After almost fifteen minutes Mr. Xiao Nai disagrees with something Laura says. Jared hears Laura trying to make Mr. Xiao Nai understand but he simply doesn't agree with her.

  'Ogenkidesuka Mr. Xiao Nai.' Laura stiffens as Jared's hot breath falls on her shoulder. She didn't notice when Jared came behind her nor did she notice when he bent his body and brought his face just beside Laura's so that the persons on the other side can see his face.

  A genuine smile breaks out on Mr. Xiao Nai's face as he replys back. Perhaps he was this happy because he got to speak freely now without the help of his translator.

  Jared gets on his business mood instantly. He tries to make their investor understand their plans. All the he speaks in Japanese and translates to English for Laura to understand their conversation.

  Perhaps he doesn't notice Laura's almost rigid stance because of his hot breath falling on her shoulder. Or, even if he does he doesn't show it. Laura manages to calm her erratic breath and also gets back on the conversation. After a few minutes their investor finally agrees with them. So Jared finally gets a chair and sits beside Laura.

  Before Laura can feel relieved, Jared's thigh grazes against hers and grits her teeth. He is sitting too closely for her liking.

  After what seems like forever, their meeting ends. As Jared pushes his chair and gets up he looks at Laura and says in the most humble way possible, 'No need to say thanks. He is my investor as well.'

  Laura nods her head at him and leaves the room. Although, she would never tell him but he was very helpful today. If it hadn't been for him Mr. Ciao Nai probably

  It's almost lunch time now and Violet is coming to pick her up. They are supposed to have lunch together. Just as she's about to get into the elevator she notices Grace hurriedly coming towards her.

  'Are you going to the parking lot?' Grace asks her and as Laura nods her head Grace says in a relieved tone, 'Oh! Okay then.' Laura notices her strange behaviour but doesn't say anything.

  Although it doesn't take her a long time to understand Grace's strange behaviour.

  Just as she reaches the parking lot she hears the all too familiar voice of Violet shouting.

  'You deranged bloody attorney! Everything happened because of your big headed talks, you buffoon!'

......................

Hey guys! How are all my lovely readers doing? Hope all of you are safe and healthy and enjoying the quarantine like I am. I'm yet to be bored at home after not having classes for so long.

I'm so relieved. Finally this blasted chapter is finished. I have been writing it for two monthes now. Believe it or not. I wrote 50 words then erased it to 25. 100 then 50. 400 then 250. I was just not satisfied with this chapter. Now it looks fine.

I have read some amazing books in the past month. But first of all check out 'Conning Mr. Fidiot' by my best friend KristineN_Hunter If you're looking for a good laugh and looking for something different it is perfect for you.

Now let me tell you about a book which you have to read. You'll find that in Any books.

The Hating Game by Sally Thorne.

I just loved that book.

Okay so,

Till next time

Lots of love

Stay safe and careful

-Arin

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 11.5K 43
Unedited... Laura is the second daughter of Chief West and the first and only child of Chief West's late first wife. She had lost her mother in a gha...
152K 21.3K 70
A flirty bartender entraps two men, an average guy and a billionaire. She's sought after by both men, who desire her. Madison Hart is outspoken, dete...
9.5M 456K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
278K 2.3K 12
(WARNING- Lots of mistakes. Read at your own risk) It was their wedding night. She was waiting for him in his room, no now 'their' room. Finally, he...