Unruly Pet

By effingusernames

Violent, disobedient, and stubborn Fall is far from the perfect 'pet'. Not afraid to push her weight around F... More

Crazy
Fall's family
New friends
Nightmare
An old friend
Making plans
The first half-moon
Powerful allies
New laws & and interview
Date night
Rosie
Him
Gone
Distance
In Charge
Full moon
What he thinks
Epilogue

Proposal

17 0 0
By effingusernames

Derik's POV

Everything that happened after that was a blur. All I could think about was Fall.

The flashes I remember are Adam trying to console me before giving up and gently shoving me into the back seat with Fall.

I drowned everything else out. There's nothing I can think about other than her. Bittersweet memories of her were the only thing floating on my mind.

Every night I'd spent with her since the first. Our first date, the date in the ice rink, all the nights I spent with her curled up in my arms purring.

On autopilot I walked into my house carrying Fall. Still on autopilot I walked towards our bedroom. But a small hand on my shoulder stopped me. I flinched.

Such a little gesture but it reminded me so much of her.

When I looked at Rosie her eyes clouded over with sympathy. But she didn't look sad. I thought Fall and Rosie were basically best friends?

"I'm sorry, it was tough for me to watch the first time she went into a coma too." She said sympathetically.

"She's not in a coma, Rosie. She isn't breathing," I told her sadly. I didn't want to break the truth to her, hell I didn't want to believe it myself.

"Didn't she ever tell you she can't die?"

"She bled out Rosie, her heart isn't beating."

"She's just in a coma, hybrids can't die," Rosie stated annoyed. But how the hell am I supposed to break this to her? Is she in shock?

Then before I could stop her she cut her wrist on one of her fangs. I almost dropped Fall in my surprise.

She never could have done that if she wasn't a werewolf.

I watched her sympathetically as she held her wrist over Fall's mouth.

"She's gone, Rosie, there's nothing you can do." I tried to break it to her gently.

But I swear Fall moved. Her fangs grew. I didn't know vampire fangs work after they're dead. But I'd never seen anyone try to revive a dead vampire either.

Fall's hand shot out holding Rosie's wrist and even though Rosie smiled she looked panicked.

And it's not hard to guess why, there's no way Fall is in control right now. I gently pulled the knife from Fall's chest and kissed the side of her face.

I yelled for a slave to bring a glass of blood and gently tried to remove Rosie's wrist from Fall's mouth.

When Fall's glowing eyes shot open she tried to move her fangs from Rosie's wrist to her neck. I quickly grabbed her waist and moved her so the closest blood source would be me.

She, unthinkingly, pushed me against a wall and sunk her fangs into my neck. And being the sucker I am I stood there like good prey and pet her hair.

Rosie smiled gratefully at me then looked at Fall with a fond look before waving and walking away.

The sound of her purring almost sent me to sleep, either that or the blood loss. Just as I started to feel dizzy a slave brought me a glass of blood and looked at me questioningly.

I must seem like such a pushover right now.

I smiled gratefully at him regardless and drank the glass waiting for Fall to regain her senses.

Regardless of the fact that my neck stings and everyone walking by seemed a little embarrassing I just rubbed her back happy to have her back.

I would have given anything to have her back and despite myself the only thing I could do was smile. And almost cry. I'm just that relieved.

Eventually I felt her start to feed slower and her back stiffen a little.

"Welcome back, Fall." I whispered fondly.

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly holding my face.

"I'm fine, just glad you're okay."

She looked proudly at the glass in my hand and threw her arms around my neck.

Fall's POV

"I'm sorry, I wanted to tell you that I was okay but I couldn't. I didn't mean to worry you," I mumbled into his shoulder.

"I love you so much," Derik gave my waist a little squeeze and I held him tighter.

"What a terrible decision." I teased.

"I'm trying to have a sweet moment here, babe." He complained.

"I know,"

I separated from him just enough to smile up at him and give him a light kiss.

"I guess you're forgiven," he mumbled reluctantly.

"Hmm, that so," I pulled his shirt collar towards me a little and kissed him again.

It wasn't a very gentle kiss. I wanted him to understand all the things I couldn't say out loud to him when I almost died. How amazing he is and how much I loved him.

"Definitely forgiven," Derik gave me a dazed look.

"Good," I gave him a quick peck.

"We should do a movie night, I'll invite everyone over." He smirked. Why do I feel like he's up to something?

"But I wanna spend time with you," I pouted.

"Trust me babe, you will be stuck with me for a very long time. Go spend time with Rosie, I have some welcome back from the dead preparations to attend to."

I want to tease him about leaving me alone after I almost died but I know that will make him feel like trash. And he probably feels bad enough.

Derik gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and I followed his advice walking to Rosie's room. She opened the door smirking and eyeing my neck.

Confused I gently felt around my neck finding little puncture holes from Derik's fangs, when did he do that? I must have been really distracted to not notice that.

Maybe he did it when I was out? Or maybe I was just that distracted.

"Looks like someone had a good reunion with their boyfriend," Rosie teased.

"Someday you'll have someone I can tease you about," I pointed out.

"Well until then..." she shrugged.

We chatted and watched cheesy romance movies on Rosie's small TV for hours. The whole time Rosie teasing me about how every couple was me and Derik or pointing out how much he would have missed me.

Or gloating that she was right about how he would still love me after the full moon.

It was sweet to have her close to me again. And to have this normal moment with her like we would have been able to have if we weren't pets. And it doesn't feel like either of us are anymore.

Even if Rosie technically still is a pet Derik just treats her like my friend.

"Fall! Rosie!" Blake yelled from the hallway.

"Rosie's room!" I replied.

"Fall there you are," Blake smiled at me holding a bag filled with god knows what. "We're going to doll you up."

"Doll me up? For a movie night?" I asked.

"Yep, you were just reunited with your boyfriend who thought he lost you and I want him to be even more thankful for you than he ever was."

"So you didn't miss me?"

"No, no, no, that's not it." Blake panicked.

Me and Rosie started giggling. "Oh," Blake mumbled.

She pulled things out of the bag just like the first time she'd seen me before a date. A nice pink sundress, a hair curler, some makeup. Suggestive underwear. A few accessories, some perfume, black strappy sandals I think will make my legs look great.

"Great, go wash all that blood off. Don't get your hair wet though," Blake ushered me into Rosie's bathroom.

A little confused I walked into the bathroom turning on the hot water.

"Towels?" I asked yelling through the door.

"Under the sink!" Rosie yelled back.

I grabbed the towel and hopped into the shower yanking the hot water until it hurt my skin. I used a honey scented body wash to gently scrub all the blood off.

My hair did get wet but I could just magically make it dry again. When the water finally turned clear again and my skin wasn't stained I stepped out wrapping myself in a fluffy towel.

I dried myself magically and walked out in the towel.

Blake clearly had set everything up and shoved the clothes and shoes at me. I smiled nervously at her and walked into the bathroom.

I changed quickly and walked back out.

"Let's start!" Blake pulled me onto Rosie's bed setting makeup down next to me and put music on her phone.

"So just twist her hair around the curler, hold it there for a second, then release, be careful though it's hot." Blake explained showing Rosie what to do with my hair.

I sat still listening to the music as Blake prodded my face with brushes. I could feel Rosie gently playing with my hair fixing my curls as Blake finished my makeup.

When Blake finished my makeup they double teamed my hair and I decided not to point out I could do it for magic or that as the last Regional's daughter I had more experience with hair and makeup than both of them combined.

When I was finally done getting poked at I got to look in the mirror and I was actually a little surprised. They did really well.

My makeup was light and for the most part natural looking. The curls had been carefully combed out to look almost wavy. Blake held out a liquid eyeliner to me.

"I could do everything else but I couldn't do the eyeliner unless you're going for the raccoon look." Blake smiled sheepishly.

"Thanks," I smiled taking the eyeliner from her and quickly drawing it on.

"I forgot you weren't always a pet, you have probably done this at least twice as much as both of us combined." Rosie mumbled.

"Let's go down to the living room," I suggested.

"Ah, wait, no. Um... let's take pictures first." Blake smiled at me and I shrugged. Were the guys doing something down there? Why can't we just go down there?

So we took pictures, they actually looked really cute. We did them together, and separate, and in pairs. I actually decided I wanted to do Blake's hair so we could take more pictures.

Before I realized it another hour had passed and it was nearly eight. It's going to be so late by the time we finish a few movies.

I hope Blake and Adam plan on staying the night.

"Won't the guys be missing us? We've kept them for a really long time," I asked.

"Don't worry about it. We're staying the night so we're going to have lots of time." Blake said. "But it should be okay to go down now."

Blake lead me down with her arm linked through mine. I was surprised to see a bunch of rose petals scattered around the hallway. Fairy lights were strung up along the ceiling.

It was beautiful.

Wide eyed I walked down to the to the living room following the trail of roses to see Adam and Derik weren't in the room. But my favorite movie was playing and Rosie and Blake smiled.

"Maybe he felt like surprising you," Rosie hinted.

"Did you know about this?" I asked her.

"Blake told me about the cute date while you were in the shower. Over text of course because otherwise you would have heard us."

We sat down at the couch waiting for them. "Hey Fall,"

Arms wrapped around my shoulders and I subconsciously sunk into Derik.

"Here I got you some popcorn," Derik held something out for me. Weird, I didn't smell popcorn.

I took what he held and stared at it for a little bit. It was a beautiful ring. A simple white diamond and a white gold band.

"Will you marry me?" He smiled.

I stared at him a little too long in absolute shock.

"Babe, I would really appreciate it if you answered the question." He looks a lot more nervous than he did a second ago.

I pulled his face to mine kissing him lightly.

"So is that a yes then?" He smirked.

"Yes," I smiled ear to ear and he slipped the ring on my hand. We took engagement pictures and long story short I ended up thankful Blake put just as much time into the clothes you couldn't see.

This is the official end of Unruly pet. There will be one more chapter as a little bit of a bonus and of course a small amount of editing.

If you liked this book and made it to the end please consider looking into my profile. ❤

And don't worry the bonus chapter will tie up any loose ends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 26.5K 37
[EDITING] ----------------------------- Nicole Summers thought she was living the ordinary high school life. In her senior year, she...
177 30 19
"Devaki," a mild tenor voice whispered into her ear, making the fur on her tail stand on end with fright. She glanced around the room. "I wanted to k...
130K 3.4K 26
Cover made by dogpower77 - Raven is just like any other 18 year old on the planet, with a few exceptions. One, she's a Werewolf. A Werewolf that wi...
129K 2.8K 15
I felt the bed dip as he sat down on the other side but I focused solely on my task until I was done. "This is a pillow barrier. Meaning, you don't b...