Managing the Rockstar

By rleg0810

"Well that's the problem, love. It's not always what we expect is it?" He asked me lighting up his cigarette... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 31
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 14

487 21 1
By rleg0810

We arrived at the hotel a little bit later, the Marriott on Central Park. I was really hoping my room would have a view. If mine did 't I knew Harry's would so I could at least see it from there.

Everyone went to their respective rooms to unpack and settle in. Harry had his interview in a couple hours but I wasn't needed for that.

"What should we do until the run through? Wanna walk the park?" Maddy asked, looking out the window. We got a room with a view and it was beautiful.

"Yeah that would be great. We probably won't get many chances to be outside. We have to be back by three." I said hanging up the last of my shirts, which wasn't many.

"Yeah well just walk around a little bit, get some lunch then come back. Have you ever been here?"

I shook my head. "No never. I've never really been to east coast before the tour. Except for Toronto for work once."

"Oh you will love it. It's amazing here. We have so many things to see on Sunday." She sat on the bed and started to slip her sneakers on.

Hmm. "Actually Harry wanted to take me sight seeing Sunday. He made me promise I would let him take me."

She raised her eyebrow at me. "Really? Well isn't that cute."

"No just friends like I told you. He just wants to be my tour guide." I slipped my arms into a light weight zip up. It was still kind of warm but the wind was blowing today.

"Whatever you say." She said in a sing song voice.

I was regretting saying yes to the walk. I would definitely be getting interrogated.

***
The park was full of people as to be expected on a nice day like today. We had been walking for only a few minutes when Maddy started her questioning.

"So how's bus life with Harry? All the girls are so jealous."

"Well it's only been a couple hours so don't really know yet. I'll let you know when it's been a few days."

"Yeah I guess. Is it nice? I bet it's really nice."

"Yeah it's pretty amazing. I'm sure the other buses are nice though too?"

She laughs. "Yeah for a bus I guess. I've been on worse that's for sure. Maybe I can bunk with you on one of the drives."

She bumped my shoulder. I couldn't tell if she was serious or not but I didn't like the thought of it.

"I don't think that's up to me unfortunately." I said hoping she would drop it.

She nodded, looking a little disappointed. We continued walking, looking around and pointing things out. We were walking around the pond and it was really pretty. Peaceful, despite the people.

"Look there's that bridge." Maddy pointed to a small brick bridge to our left. "It's been in a ton of movies. Home Alone, I think Elf."

"Let's go up and take some pictures. Then wanna try to find some food? I'm starving."

"Yeah, definitely."

***
We got back to our room, stuffed from the pizza we decided to get. I decided to buy a whole pizza and keep it in the fridge so that we could have some after the shows or whenever. I also bought a couple slices of pepperoni for Harry.

"I'm gonna go bring this to Harry. I'll right back." I told Maddy grabbing the slices and my keycard.

"Okay. I'll shower now while you're gone."

I made my way to Harry's room, having to go to the top floor for his suite.

I reached his room and knocked on the door. "Housekeeping." I said in a high-pitched voice.

I didn't hear anything so I knocked again. Nothing. Hmm he should be here he would have to leave soon for the arena.

I pulled out my phone and called him but he didn't answer. Weird.

Just as I was about to leave a text came through.

Harry: What's up?

What's up? That's unlike him.

Me: I'm outside your door with pizza.

Harry: Oh thanks but I'm at lunch.

Maybe I was reading too much into it but he was being short and kind of vague.

Me: Ok. I'll save for you later. See you at arena then.

I turned and left, feeling deflated. I was probably just being paranoid.

I returned to the room and Maddy was still in the bathroom. I was grabbing my outfit when my phone went off with a google alert. I set them up for Harry as per Jim's request. They were mostly about the tour recently. I usually just skimmed them but this one caught me by surprise.

Harry Winter Getting Cozy with Gemma Manes

It was TMZ and I should have known better than to click on their trash site but I couldn't help it. I clicked on the picture of Harry and Gemma sitting at a small table somewhere.

The article opened, showing more pictures of the two of them; eating, laughing and one of her hand on his.

It just speculated if they were re-kindling their romance and of course they had a "source".

I didn't know how to feel about seeing it. Normally I would think nothing of it, but after our conversation this morning and his vagueness through text, I was angry. Why would I ever think he could not be with women?

I clicked off the article and tossed my phone back on the bed. I couldn't get angry or let it interfere with anything. I would not let this ruin my job.

Maddy came out of the bathroom and I headed in, trying to relax and I showered but it didn't really work. I was still wound up.

We got ready and headed down to the lobby. We were going to set things up ahead of time, there was more to do this time since it was two nights and a lot more people would be in the green room afterwards. So many celebrities were coming. The rumors were flying about who.

When we got to the lobby, I spotted Jim and headed to him.

"Ah Penelope. Have you heard from Harry?"

Uh oh. "Earlier he said he was getting lunch."

Jim pursed his lips. "Yes he told me that too but I haven't heard from him since and he's not here. He's going to put me in an early grave."

"I can try calling him."

He nodded and I pulled out my phone, dialing him. I turned away from the crowd and saw him making his way toward us from outside. I hung up as I caught his eye.

"Harry! Where have you been? I've been trying to call you! We need to leave." Jim yelled next to me as Harry neared us.

"Don't get your knickers in a twist. I was with a friend. I'm here. Let's go." He said laughing.

Jim, nor I, thought it was funny. But for different reasons.

Jim turned to everyone and whistled. "Alright everyone on the shuttles, let's go!"

I ignored Harry and went to get on the shuttle. Harry followed behind not saying anything.

I got on the first shuttle and went to sit in the back. I sat down and Harry immediately sat down beside me. Great.

"P?" He asked looking at me.

"Yeah?" I turned to look at him.

"What's wrong? You seem irritated." His face was full of concern.

"Nothing. I'm fine." I wasn't good at lying.

"You sure? You sure you don't want to ask me about anything or..."

"No, why is there something I should?" I asked going along with his game.

"She's just a friend. She was at People for a shoot. Asked if I wanted to go for lunch so I went. Nothing more, despite what they say online. Which, by the way, you should know better than to believe." I looked into his eyes and felt my anger melt away. I believed him.

"I know. I'm sorry. You were just kind of secretive before so I dunno. But why was she holding your hand?"

"Secretive? You mean the texts? I didn't want to be rude. She was telling me a pretty intense story at the time. And she held my hand because she was thanking me for listening. She needed a friend."

I felt like an idiot. "I'm sorry Harry."

He shrugged and smiled. "For what?"

He put his arm around me and pulled me in. "I like jealous P. Guess were even now huh?"

I pushed away from him and laughed. "Shut up."

Just like that we were back to normal. Except a bit more complicated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 38.6K 71
Elena Adams has had a rough life. Her mother left her after the death of her sister and her brother never comes around. She's left alone with her dru...
223K 4K 19
Meet Isabel. She gets along with most people, not super popular but she's not a wallflower either. Isabel doesn't need anyone else in her life not to...
739K 23.2K 47
[TW: This book contains strong language and scenes that others may find uncomfortable to read. | Also note that this was made by a 13-year-old so don...
364K 9.1K 44
I smiled at him but tears were starting to blur my vision together. "I hate you." His smile faltered and he looked taken back, "Not like that, Drake...